[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the article removed /g/? You usually understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: nyt.png (939KB, 1071x1432px) Image search: [Google]
nyt.png
939KB, 1071x1432px
Why was the article removed /g/? You usually understand these tech thingies.
>>
>>51389485
because if they're going to blame encryption they might as well blame walls that prevented their neighbors from hearing what they were planning
>>
New York Times is a shitty propaganda tabloid

They also modified an article about Hillary Clinton's email screwups after she made some edit requests
>>
>>51389526
Also they are pretty much to be blamed for the Iraq war
>>
>>51389485
mmMmmmMm.. so they removed the article... which is good, rite? i mean its unfortunate that it was written in the first place but.... at least there's a happy ending.... for now...
>>
because the terrorists posted their intent on their facebook profiles so they used no encryption
>>
File: semit-reflection.jpg (209KB, 650x594px) Image search: [Google]
semit-reflection.jpg
209KB, 650x594px
>>51389485
>>
If they really cared they would print "Incompetent NYT Journalist [Name] Fired for Shit Article on Encryption" on the frontpage tomorrow so everyone knows it was a mistake.
>>
>>51389601
what are you talking about anon? facebook uses https for encryption.
>>
>>51389804
that's used by facebook, not the terrorists themselves
>>
>>51389638
that is not how mirrors work
>>
>>51390267
Prove it.
>>
>>51390819
>http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/02/fashion/mens-style/27-ways-to-be-a-modern-man.html?_r=0&referer=
> Kenneth Cole oxfords
>25. The modern man has no use for a gun. He doesn’t own one, and he never will.
>26. The modern man cries. He cries often.

I would cry too if I was that pussy whipped. Maybe I would shoot myself with that lack of gun.
>>
>>51390819
I seriously can't tell if it's satire.
>>
>>51390819

>7. The modern man buys only regular colas, like Coke or Dr Pepper. If you walk into his house looking for a Mountain Dew, he’ll show you the door.

Fuck,,, I'm like that

> 10. The modern man makes sure the dishes on the rack have dried completely before putting them away.
>17. Does the modern man have a melon baller? What do you think? How else would the cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew he serves be so uniformly shaped?

I can't believe a man made this fucking list.

>22. The modern man still ambles half-naked down his driveway each morning to scoop up a crisp newspaper.
Its 2015, all newspapers in my area are copy pasta from the internet.
>>
>>51390819
holy fuck, this must have been pulled from tumblr

I can not bring myself to give credit to mainstream media, no matter how hard I try to see it through a positive light
>>
File: 1920857120385712035.jpg (38KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1920857120385712035.jpg
38KB, 390x470px
>>51389485
>Jew York Times
>>
cnn is blaming snowden for the attacks. they pretty much said if snowden didn't leak the shit the nsa would've picked up the attacks.
>>
>>51391956
those sandnigs were apparently meeting up on psn while playing cod
>>
>>51389485
NSA forgot to pay their NY Times bill. Priceless
>>
>>51391874

>CNN who consults with DOD before they decide on what to report
>Legitimate news
>>
It terrifies me that our leaders are stupid enough to pass a ban on encryption, and the press will back them up.
ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox, MSNBC, and PBS all had people on saying that the issue was that they encrypted their communications.

Modern life cannot exist without encryption but people don't seem to understand this.
>>
>>51391956
Then how didn't they prevent the bosting bombing, 9/11, or literally anything else?

I think it's just the government feeding lies into the media.
>>
>>51392413
This is why only people in the computer field should be eligible for presidency in the future.
>>
>>51392525
Shouldn't there be knowledgeable people advising politicians on things?
>>
>>51392570
Yes, a past President got rid of the position.
>>
File: PS4.jpg (209KB, 1704x1250px) Image search: [Google]
PS4.jpg
209KB, 1704x1250px
BECAUSE THE TERRORISTS USED PLAYSTATION 4'S TO COMMUNICATE
>>
>>51392413
they don't mean to ban encryption, they mean to ban non-commercial encryption.

not that i agree with it, but the 'muh modern world relies on encryption' argument holds no ground.
>>
File: Rep_JasonChaffetz_on_SOPA.png (388KB, 852x481px) Image search: [Google]
Rep_JasonChaffetz_on_SOPA.png
388KB, 852x481px
>>51392570
>Shouldn't there be knowledgeable people advising politicians on things?

This here is the finest example of that. And did he say technology professionals? Nope. Nerds.

>well I dunno what to think about this here bill on Civil Rights, maybe we oughta get us some niggers in here to weigh in on it.
>>
>>51392665
Next they will say they were playing Black Ops 3 as training for the attack.
>>
>>51392724
A lot of the Internet runs on OpenSSL. It is a free software you can generate your own keys for instead of buying/acquiring signed keys.

I'm guessing that in the context of a ban on non-commercial encryption what they would do here is make unsigned SSL certs illegal, but that's also bullshit. I use my own unsigned cert to secure the admin area of my website. Seeing it is just for the admin area there is no need to get the cert signed, I know that it is secure.

The initiatives to move more of the web to SSL by offering free certificates would also die.
>>
>>51392445
this
>>
>>51392445
But you don't know about all the attacks they did stop because its a secret.
>>
>>51392585
Which one? What a fuckin cunt
>>
>>51390819
This is the dumbest most beta shit ive seen in awhile. But ita the nytimes so i didn't expect much else.
>>
>>51390819
this actually seems pretty accurate, if you live in new york.
except for, you know
>The modern man has no use for a gun. He doesn’t own one, and he never will.
>>
>>51389485
Because the 'article' was a completely made up lie pulled out of the authors ass. It was purposefully fabricated to push the government agenda that encryption is bad.
>>
File: 1331624380911.jpg (58KB, 782x540px) Image search: [Google]
1331624380911.jpg
58KB, 782x540px
>>51391789
>I can't believe a man made this fucking list.
Keep telling yourself that
>>
>>51392665
>may have used

that is journalist for 'complete bullshit'
>>
>>51390819
>20. On occasion, the modern man is the little spoon.

Bitch I'm little spoon on every occasion. Shit is comfy AF.
>>
My old man told me today that he read in the paper that the terrorists talked with smartphone apps using the playstation network. As someone interested in infosec, this seems very crude.

Is this true? I'd expect the security services to monitor that shit nowadays, or have we overestimated them?
>>
>>51393246
A paper was published recently, of ~260 attacked stopped in the US, 1, which wasn't even an attack, was stopped by the NSA.
The rest where traditional policing.
>>
>>51395701
>Is this true? I'd expect the security services to monitor that shit nowadays, or have we overestimated them?

they've been using PGP encryption, confirmed since 2001, and they actively distributed end to end encrypted messaging software (that is actually advertised in magazines).

They understand encryption and opsec just as much as the rest of us.

>implying his local group didnt receive too much taliban cash
>implying he didnt spend the excess on a ps4 to enjoy the last few hours of his life

the PS4 requires + for gaming, dunno if you need that for messaging.

Would have made more logical sense to use a PS3 or PSP.

imho he just wanted to game before blowing himself up.
>>
>>51390819
>6. Before the modern man heads off to bed, he makes sure his spouse’s phone and his kids’ electronic devices are charging for the night.
>unironically spoiling your own offspring
>>
>>51395701
>>51395900
Lmao when you call people on PSN nigger it's safer than giving PSN credit card info.
>>
>>51391874
This is probably true, in one form or another. Had Snowden not leaked, most of the kebabs would still be vulnerable to snooping and we'd have a slightly better idea of what they're up to.

But, it was proven that the French intelligence agencies knew of the plot and didn't have the manpower to sift through the data they already collected to get any solid intelligence as to where and when the attacks were going to happen. So Snowden's leaks might not have changed anything in the end.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.