[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

job interview questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

Let's have an "job interview questions thread"!

You state the position you are applying for and wait for others to ask you a question for that position. Or you ask another Anon a question. Or both.
Many of us have some experience and it might be useful to share experiences in this way.
>>
Stock Asssitant - Aldi.
Go.
>>
File: lol.jpg (67KB, 400x445px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
67KB, 400x445px
>>51387729
>>51387753
What is your primary motivation for seeking this position?

>

Describe a time where you had a disagreement with someone. What was the result? How did you handle it?

>

Tell me about a time when you took charge of a situation.
>>
>>51387771
Money
Did a 360 and walked away
I took charge of your mother
>>
Does the last question imply that I should answer the second one like I took charge of that situation as well?

>Junior Developer (Python preferred) or Junior System Admin
What are some common technical questions?
>>
Electric cars

:^)
>>
>>51387846
:^)
>>
>>51387771
>motivation
I always wondered why shitty jobs would ask such a question.
People aren't seeking a job in a super market if they want to become an engineer or something. They do it for money.
>handle disagreement
I can see how this makes sense as working with people is the worst thing possible.
>responsibility
Sort of makes sense. In those kind of jobs you would want someone who will do as they are told rather than trying to be a leader.
>>
>>51387882
>People aren't seeking a job in a super market if they want to become an engineer or something. They do it for money.
Yep. I was a hiring manager at a fast food place and I also asked this.

If they told me anything other than money, I did not hire them. It's a bit of a trick question.

If they gave some sort of lofty bullshit like getting experienced, I typically ended the interview very quickly and trashed the resume.

The last two questions are merely to gauge the personality and intelligence of a person. Also, their ability to deal with shit.

Had a guy tell me he had to get HR involved. Did not hire. If you can't take care of shit, I'm not going to mess with you.
>>
>>51387900
>If they gave some sort of lofty bullshit like getting experienced, I typically ended the interview very quickly and trashed the resume.
Oh gee, you must be a wonderful guy.

The little hitler at McDonalds.
>>
>>51387729
System administrator. Go.
>>
>>51387900
>if they gave me some sort of lofty bullshit like getting experienced
That's not that lofty. Every job out there calls for work experience. Some people figure that working in fast food or whatever is better on their resume than unemployment (which is true).

If someone said some shit about how they want to revolutionize fast food or something, I would agree that the person is full of shit, but some people honest to god want experience or to learn or whatever, in addition to making money.

Not everyone sees everything with as much cynicism as you. Some people are genuinely grateful to have even a shitty fast food job.
>>
>>51387952
>genuinely grateful to have even a shitty fast food job.

Good goy, you will fill my pockets with money faster if you like your job.
>>
>why do you want to work for us?
>I need money
>yes, but why us especially?
>you're the only firm that replied to my application
>>
>>51387952
Unfortunately it's true. People will work for experience alone if they need to. Even if it's just the general "work experience" where you do shit like flip burgers or wait tables that can't possibly result in any kind of useful experience.

>>51387999
That doesn't mean they like it, flipped Satan.

>>51387946
>>51387830
Our website is down. What would be your steps in troubleshooting this problem?
>>
>>51387935
>>51387952
Fair enough.

The practice was passed down to me from a GM that was making over six figures and had lots of successful hiring experience.

It served me well while I was hiring there.

>>51387946
What is an RMM tool?

Describe how you would deploy a registry key change to 50 machines on the same network.

What is Active Directory?

How do you manage the size of a transaction log on a database? (more db admin, but you may be a general sysadmin)

What is your opinion on internet content filtering? How would you manage this if monitored and filtered?
>>
>>51388008
This is a breath of fresh air to most interviewers, and will not make you look bad at all.
>>
>>51388053
Not sure what you are imagining, but if you say that you will not get hired.
>>
>>51388041

Re-start it, obviously.

>>51388045

1- A tool that allows you to remotely manage and maintain something.

2- By not using Windows and using superior Linux/BSD, desu.
Assuming the machines are identical, I'd take an image of one completed machine and make all the other machines flash it to themselves simultaneously.

Or save the registry changes into a file, and use a script I programmed specifically just for this to share the changes among the rest of the computers.

3- Secure database for accounts and passwords f.a.m

4- ----

5- Can you re-phrase question 5?
>>
>>51387771
>What is your primary motivation for seeking this position?

That's a fucking stupid question that only a middle-aged middle manager with no imagination and doesn't give a shit asks.

MONEY. THE ANSWER IS FUCKING MONEY! WHY WOULD I BE HERE IF I DIDN'T NEED MONEY?!
>>
File: science.jpg (225KB, 840x375px) Image search: [Google]
science.jpg
225KB, 840x375px
>>51387830
>What are some common technical questions?

Describe the process that happens from when you type a URL into your browser and press enter and the web browser renders the page.

Take as long as you like.
>>
>>51388045
>What is an RMM tool?

Something simple that only someone like Microsoft could turn into a needless acronym.

>Describe how you would deploy a registry key change to 50 machines on the same network.

I'd use Puppet or Chef. You're already running Puppet or Chef, right?

>What is Active Directory?

An expensive LDAP servers, but it does have excellent auditing capabilities so it keeps the auditors happy.

>How do you manage the size of a transaction log on a database? (more db admin, but you may be a general sysadmin)

I open a ticket for the DBA team asking them to sort out their databases.

>What is your opinion on internet content filtering? How would you manage this if monitored and filtered?

That's for management to decide. I just configure and maintain the policy. I can't answer your follow on question as it's ambiguous (which "this"?)
>>
>>51388231
>Something simple that only someone like Microsoft could turn into a needless acronym.
You're a fucking retard.

It has nothing to do with Microsoft.

Kaseya, LabTech, and Spiceworks are all RMM tools. Remote Monitoring and Management.

You would have no use for Puppet or Chef with an RMM tool.

Answers 3 and 4 are acceptable.

Answer 5 is just straight-up autism, and I guess you don't want the job at that point.
>>
>>51388231
>Something simple that only someone like Microsoft could turn into a needless acronym.
Freetards, everyone.

>I don't know what it is, so fuck Microsoft!
>>
>>51388205
The browser asks your DNS server what the URL is in IP, then it sends a GET request to the IP, the server replies back with a bunch of web code, HTML, Javascript, JSS, Flash, etc, etc, then the web engine interprets that as the website you see.

That's probably much less complex than what usually happens, but it's still the basics.
>>
>>51388311
Acceptable.
>>
>>51388205
got asked this for a junior java dev interview
>>
>>51387729
1. Why should we hire you?
2. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
3. Why do you want to work our company?
4. Some obscure question from a module you studied in the first year of university

Guaranteed failure for most people in every interview.
>>
>>51388319
>>51388336
Thanks.
More junior questions?
>>
>>51388294
>Kaseya, LabTech, and Spiceworks are all RMM tools. Remote Monitoring and Management.

Yes. All very Enterprisy, expensive, and make simple things complicated.

Remote Monitoring & Management is not hard. Unless you're Microsoft. Then you need some more expensive tools to make it slightly less complicated.

Meanwhile, in UNIX-land...

>You would have no use for Puppet or Chef with an RMM tool.

Ah yes, that'd be why Microsoft haven't been falling over themselves to push Puppet & Chef and DSC and WinRM. Because nobody needs those things because they have Spiceworks, which is awesome. And Enterprisy.

The world has moved on.

>Answer 5 is just straight-up autism

No. Try reading your question again *REALLY* carefully.

1. What is your opinion on internet content filtering?

It's idiotic and doesn't do shit in a world of LTE connected mobile devices anyway. Treat your fucking employees like adults.

That's my opinion.

2. How would you manage this if monitored and filtered?

How would I manage WHAT? This website? This conversation? Did you mean "How would you manage internet content filtering?" but then what does "if monitored and filtered?" mean?

>I guess you don't want the job at that point.

I walked out (actually, I never applied) when I realised you were a Full Enterprise Microsoft shop running shit like Spiceworks. You probably think Java is still a pretty neat idea.
>>
>>51388177
>1- A tool that allows you to remotely manage and maintain something.
Acceptable.

>2 Or save the registry changes into a file, and use a script I programmed specifically just for this to share the changes among the rest of the computers.
This is the good answer.

>3- Secure database for accounts and passwords f.a.m
Acceptable.

>5- Can you re-phrase question 5?
If given the choice, would you enforce internet content filtering in this company? Explain why you would or wouldn't prevent access websites based on content.
>>
>>51388319
>Acceptable

Eh, for a junior I'd still expect way more information than that. Junior level is a good 10-15 minute talk.

Non-junior is 30-60 minutes.

Architect/Senior level is a 3 hour marathon.

(That's an actual question that Google sometimes like to ask by the way: I've heard a story of one guy who started to talk about how the keystrokes on the keyboard were handled. It took him roughly and hour before he even got to "...opens a socket to the DNS server by sending a SYN packet...")
>>
>>51388396
Jesus christ, I can't imagine talking about that for more than 90 seconds.

I suppose I was thinking more entry-level.
>>
>>51388408
"Take as long as you like" is usually a good hint that the interviewer expects a long answer.
>>
>>51388361
don't really recall all of them, but it was bunch of technical tomcat and java questions including spring framework, jsp/jstl, *sql, html/css and some basic networking.
Like,
Write basic CRUD Queries in sql.
What does Static keyword mean and what's its purpose?
What's a loopback address?
What's a valid html?

I remember having about 12 A4 format pages full of code snippets where u're either supposed to say what's gonna be the code output, or to find an error in the code.
>>
>>51388446
Also, I fucking hate Java environment. PHP is my thing. (not hating language, knowing a bunch of them. I just dislike how java development process goes)
>>
>>51388177
>2- By not using Windows and using superior Linux/BSD, desu.
>Assuming the machines are identical, I'd take an image of one completed machine and make all the other machines flash it to themselves simultaneously.
Or simply creating a gpo in half a minute and move on with my life because I am not a retarded m$ hater and use the only intelligent option to manage windows computers which is active directory.
>>
>>51388386
5- No. I believe in the freedom of information, and in order to really enforce your content filtering in the company, you would have to block all outside radio signals, like LTE/GSM, Satellite, radio, or anything that can transmit information wirelessly, which you're not going to be able to do anyway.

Plus it's easy for any advanced user to bypass the settings anyway.
>>
>>51388498
>intelligent
>windows computers
you lost all your technical merit right there.
>>
>>51388396
You realize what really matters is the amount of information/detail not all the time it took him to say that, right?

You realize that most of that is irrelevant unless you're designing a browser, right?
>>
>>51388507
Maybe you come out of your basement and check the real world. You'd notice that it runs on windows because important programs simply do not work in your meme os little world.
>>
>>51388498
This.

GPO + AD is magic.

It just werks.
>>
>>51388528
Wow, both retarded and off-topic!
>>
>>51388507
I think it pretty hilarious how the linux-licking neckbeards that know very little about sysadmin come out in full force in these threads.
>>
>>51388548
>off-topic
>on /g/
You don't say!
>>
>>51388446
That sounds easy enough. Thanks, m8!
>>
>>51388501
>5- No. I believe in the freedom of information, and in order to really enforce your content filtering in the company, you would have to block all outside radio signals, like LTE/GSM, Satellite, radio, or anything that can transmit information wirelessly, which you're not going to be able to do anyway.
I agree with this.

>Plus it's easy for any advanced user to bypass the settings anyway.
I do not agree with this.

SonicWall is pretty tight, especially combined with OpenDNS' enterprise/MSP solution.

Your users wouldn't have admin rights on their machine, if you really wanted a locked-down infrastructure. Group policies would take care of any gaps.
>>
>>51388528
This proves how little you know about Linux/BSD.

>important programs don't work!
>MUH ADOWBE
>MUH PHAWTAW SHAWP! UH NUU

>it runs on Winblows
Yes, because they put curry niggers as sysadmins.
>>
>>51388596
you're welcome, I hope you do good wherever you decide to apply to!

also don't forget, it's better to take your time and give a smart (prefered long) answer than spewing stupid stuff as quickly as you can.
>>
>>51388623
>I do not agree with this.

Well, to be honest, I assumed so because I've had no experience choosing programs for such a system before/configuring it.

But most content-filtered network I went on I was able to bypass. But to be honest, the sysadmins were more ignorant than curry niggers in those places.

>block teh yootoobes!

>Your users wouldn't have admin rights on their machine, if you really wanted a locked-down infrastructure. Group policies would take care of any gaps.
true.
>>
>>51388628
Confirmed for never having left the basement.
Linux is a joke and not even a funny one
>>
>>51388628
No, this proves that you completely lost touch with the outside world.

I show you an example
>Need a new motor constructed
>Heres your awesome motordrawing.freetardcad
>We only accept catia/autocad/whatever
>Our company doesn't have that we use loonix
>Sorry anon cannot work with your company then
That's how it works.

>Yes, because they put curry niggers as sysadmins.
Companys save money, people cost more than software. Wow that's big news.
>>
>>51388660

Good job, Rajeesh, 1 shekel has been credited to your account.
>>
>>51388694
>imblying AutoCad is not compatible with FreeCad.

>design a new motor
hmmmm
>motors were invented in the 1800s
>any engineer worth their mint knows how a motor works by heart
>implying any engineer wouldn't go straight to building something as simple as a motor

>Companys save money, people cost more than software. Wow that's big news.
Not when the curry niggers design bad systems, that'll cost more in the long run.

gtfo shill
>>
>>51388523
>You realize that most of that is irrelevant unless you're designing a browser, right?

Well, thanks for coming in. We'll, uh, let you know...
>>
We queried your name in google and nothing came up anon. How can you explain that?
>>
>>51387729
/g/ - "Technology"

"/g/ is for the discussion of technology and related topics."
>>
>>51388205
>tfw I prepared to answer technical questions like this and HR asks so anon, what's your favorite sports team?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.