[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think? Is this the beginning of the end for consolefags?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 2421979-8458010723-Alien.jpg (117KB, 2072x1054px) Image search: [Google]
2421979-8458010723-Alien.jpg
117KB, 2072x1054px
What does /g/ think?
Is this the beginning of the end for consolefags?
>>
> $500+ for i3
Fuck off idiot
>>
>>51386213
It's probably more smartphones that will largely end consoles.

And well, PC. Somehow I guess the internet convinced a lot of people. Console sales aren't as good as they used to be, and obviously more people play games nowadays than back then.
>>
>>51386213
It's probably going to suck
>>
>>51386213
Gaben goofed up. If Valve made steamboxes as gaming laptops, it would have actually justified the price and specs.
>>
>>51386668
>thinking cpu matters for gaming
>>
>>51386213
How do these differ from the Alienware Alpha that came out in 2014?

Apart from the OS, is there any hardware difference?
>>
>>51387945

prove it doesn't
>>
Back to /v/ or sqt
>>
It's just a pc with a steam logo on it.
But it's precisely what people need to understand that they can play their steam games on this machine.
I actually believe it can be big because of that.
>>
>>51387945
but it does
>>
Ayyyyy lmfao
>>
>>51388176

It's not a real alien yo
>>
>>51386213
I'm hopeful but cautious. I want steam machines to do good especially SteamOS but just how well will it get funded? Linux might be going through a overhall but I don't think there is enough time to satisfy the buyers of steam machines who want out of box support for SteamOS to run as well as Windows would. Maybe that volkan API will help.
>>
Console gaming likely wont end until another few generations of consoles.

Some people simply dont like gaming on a PC, some simply prefer their consoles. Theres a sort of fashion statement aspect with owning certain consoles, along with people who just want to "play muh gaems" without having to use a PC. Some people dont want to be affiliated with the negative PC gamer stereotypes.

I know for me, its just that its easier. I hate steam, i think its the arch jew of the entire gaming world, i dislike the problems that come with computers, and i like that my Xbox jus werks. I just start a game from my library, and i can go play with a bunch of people.

Yes you can do the same thing on PC, but i just like doing it on a console.
>>
File: 1447044692554.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447044692554.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>>51386213
ayy lmao
>>
>>51387945
This is what /V/ actually believes
>>
>>51390416
So you're a fucking retard?
>>
>gaymen genoo loonix PC
TOPKEK
>>
bullshit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.