[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IS IT THE DEATH OF AMD? Hahaha AMD is so fucking shitty that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: btfo.jpg (20KB, 329x206px) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
20KB, 329x206px
IS IT THE DEATH OF AMD?
Hahaha AMD is so fucking shitty that even their employees dream of jobs in Nvidia.
Why do people still buy their shit?
People have to be really poor or just inbred to be able to justify buying AMD
AMD getting BTFO

AMD Corporate Fellow Phil Rogers Jumps Ship to NVIDIA

Phil Rogers, a senior Corporate Fellow with AMD, and one of its longest serving employees, left the company for rival NVIDIA. He was with AMD/ATI for 21 years. Rogers joined AMD in 1994, and was promoted to Corporate Fellow back in 2007. One of his key contributions to the company was seeing the potential in integrating CPU and GPU into one powerful chip, under the Fusion initiative. In his new job at NVIDIA, Rogers will be Chief Software Architect for compute servers. This is a big deal.

http://www.techpowerup.com/216750/amd-corporate-fellow-phil-rogers-jumps-ship-to-nvidia.html
>>
>>50826060
if amd dies, prepare to have your beloved nvidia broken into pieces by the US to avoid a monopoly
>>
File: 1437709346433.png (36KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1437709346433.png
36KB, 600x700px
F I N I S H E D
&
B A N K R U P T
>>
>>50826102
wrong
death of AMD is a good thing for consumers
>>
>>50826133
its like people don't even remember at&t and all the other shitty monopolies that have existed.
>>
>>50826390
when amd dies other will try to compete with nvidia and will do it better than amd
samsung, matrox, intel ect..
>>
Listen here nvidia fanboys, even if we assume AMD goes bankrupt, a company like that doesn't just disappear, they will settle for acquisition and some other company will acquire its assets and IP. Microsoft and samsung are potential buyers
>>
>>50826490
implying someone wants to buy a company that has 10 years old tech
>>
>>50826060
You forgot that they've already laid off 8% of their workforce in the past year, and just recently announced it will layoff another 5% before years end

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/01/amd_to_whack_the_axe_as_it_struggles_to_get_back_to_black/
>>
>>50826573
>workforce in the past year, and just recently announced it will layoff another 5% before years end

ahh feelsgood
really hope this cancer dies so other companies can make good shit
>>
don't know if AMD is dying or not, but I bought 2000 shares at $1.71 a couple of weeks ago and sold it today at $2.03. ~19% roi in two weeks makes me love AMD.
>>
>>50826930
>don't know if AMD is dying or not,
they are, read >>50826573, the reason their stock price went up is because they just announced another round of layoffs
>>
>>50826942
I know about the layoffs, but I made money on the deal, so fuck the unemployed code monkeys.
>>
>>50827019
stupid fuck
>>
File: 1442590141694s.jpg (6KB, 184x250px) Image search: [Google]
1442590141694s.jpg
6KB, 184x250px
>>50827164
Why? AMD did what businesses are expected to do by shareholders when they are operating at a loss. They cut expenses. The market rewarded them for that, at least temporarily, and I made a few bucks. How many of those layoffs do you suppose were related to pic-related guy finishing his work and leaving?
>>
>>50826428
yes, in within ten years of time they will have a product that will be able to compete with nvidia. good times
>>
Gonna laugh when the Nvidiacucks have to spend twice the money for the same performance tiers after AMD dies. We need competition to drive the performance increases that are necessary to make VR a truly compelling experience. Sad short-sighted fags.
>>
File: 1433618400685.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1433618400685.gif
3MB, 480x270px
ITT: retards wishing for a monopoly
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.