[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"In short the HSA foundation is banging the drum on their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 101fd73.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
101fd73.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
"In short the HSA foundation is banging the drum on their new offering, one bit of hardware ‘done’ and several more in the pipeline. With support from AMD, ARM, Imagination, Mediatek, and a bunch of others, the future looks pretty solid for the standard. Add in a growing number of tools, compilers, and language front ends and you have the makings of an ecosystem. It’s been a while in the making but I think we can say FSA/HSA is finally here."

Does anyone here actually believe Intel done goofed on this?
>>
Damn that's a jewy jew.
>>
Intel will buy the HSA patents for their own use, incorporate it into their CPUs, problem solved.
>>
>>50782909
Wouldn't all the founders agree to this in order to actually happen? That's too much to solve with simply buying shit.
>>
Someone explain HSA.
>>
>>50782909
>AMD is the only relevant PC opponent.
>ARM is the only relevant mobile opponent.
>They will both agree to do what Intel wants.

Nope.
>>
>>50782951
go read wccftechs article on it
>>
So the promises they made about APUs can actually be real? That's too good to be true.
>>
Intel is in the bandwagon just not officially.

http://wccftech.com/intel-amd-nvidia-future-industry-hsa/
>>
>>50782995
>currytech
No

>>50782951
In a nutshell, it allows the CPU and GPU to work in the same memory space, pass pointers directly to each other, and split workloads according to what that workload entails (Float or embarrassingly parallel work to the GPU, everything else to the CPU), all on the fly. The downside (depending on your point of view) is that it requires that both the x86 cores and the GPU cores are all on the same die with the same memory system. dGPUs wont work with it.

Theres a hell of alot more to it but thats the gist.
>>
>>50783141
Wow, you dismiss a technical article just because it was written by an Indian. Do you still use Roman numerals in your arithmetic?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.