[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all that empty space >you now realize the Surface Book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: surfacebookwtf.jpg (263KB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
surfacebookwtf.jpg
263KB, 1920x1078px
>all that empty space
>you now realize the Surface Book could have had 7 hours as a tablet & 16 hours with the keyboard
WHAT THE FUCK MICROSOFT??
WTF ARE YOU DOING?
>>
Apple is probably the only company that really uses every possible cubic millimeter of space in laptops (everyone in the smartphone game is pretty lean).

Maybe they figure they'll really maximize on space utilization in the next version, which just goes to show NEVER BUY FIRST GENERATION.
>>
>>50764931
>tfw bought an Apple Watch
It's cool, but not worth it.
>>
I bet this was done on purpose.
Mark my words, they're going to release a Surface Book ++ with extra batteries in the future.
>>
>>50764895
Would have increased the weight I imagine. It's already hovering at right around 1.6lbs with just the clipboard/tablet thingy. Adding more batteries would easily push it over 2lbs, significantly heavier than the Surface Pro.

If you want 7+ hours, get the fucking Surface Pro.
>>
>>50764946
That was really stupid of you. Give early adopters with more money than sense a chance to figure out use cases and "stamp down the path" or whatever while developers fight for marketshare.
>>
My bet would be on strength. If you fill up all the areas with battery then the battery is basically supporting the screen everywhere, which means pressure on the screen is on the battery.

Also the batteries are well away from the edges which means that you are far less likely to get liquid to the batteries if you spill near it, which is very good because liquid causes batteries to bulge and potentially explode.

In fact, almost everything except the bottom is offset from the edges which increases the minor liquid damage protection greatly. Microsoft may actually be not retarded here.
>>
>>50764895
The screen would be too heavy when used as a laptop.
>>
>>50764967
The Book didn't need to be lighter than the Pro. I think that paradigm is sort of broken, actually. We're still fundamentally tied to our batteries since battery tech hasn't advanced meaningfully in like... however many years.

I think we're at a good place with regard to thickness and weight; battery life is what needs attention, and short of a battery tech jump forward, we just need more capacity in devices (and we'll accept the weight).

These days everyone I know acts like a low key crack addict whenever they go someplace new to work. Like we're at a coffee shop or any common space and everyone's looking around to see if there are outlets within sight, checking that they brought their chargers with them, etc...

Imagine what life would be like if you just didn't need to do that.
>>
>>50764895
Top right and bottom right are the space for speakers.
Center space on the left has two connectors which connect to something not in pictured
>>
>>50765024
This.
It's funny watching /g/ comment on Microsoft's design when they don't know anything about DFM.
>>
>>50765094
/g/ doesnt know fucking anything and just sperg out after they saw all the shit crammed into the air.

2 years ago we would never have this thread
>>
>>50765139
maybe you shouldn't spoonfeed every /v/tard who comes here looking for a free gaming PC build consult
>>
File: Thousand_dollar_notebook_man.jpg (218KB, 1018x711px) Image search: [Google]
Thousand_dollar_notebook_man.jpg
218KB, 1018x711px
>>50764931
LOOL
stfu
>>
>>50765429
its basically an iphone with a big screen and keyboard
>>
>>50765429
the rest of the space is used for batteries. did you just think it was batteryless or something?
>>
>>50765429

Yeah it runs off Steve's DNA, no need for batteries, networking chips or anything. You new or something?
>>
>>50765429
batteries fill the empty space, tard
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.