[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /g/uys, quick question I'm using this http://www.b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 5384981_ra.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5384981_ra.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
hey /g/uys, quick question

I'm using this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/j5-create-usb-3-0-to-hdmi-dvi-display-adapter-black/5384981.p?id=1218635874157&skuId=5384981 to connect from an old sony vaio laptop to a samsung flat screen tv.

I was able to make the connection work and mirror my desktop on the tv screen, but when I resize certain streaming videos to full screen, the screen goes totally black yet still shows the mouse cursor. when i press escape to leave full screen, it shows my desktop as normal.

the weird thing is, when I go fullscreen on youtube, it works just fine.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this issue?
>>
bumping for help
>>
yo
>>
>>50764319

>0°, 90°, 180° and 270° display rotation

theres your problem, no support for 360 degree rotation
>>
Its probably because the frames being sent to the TV are too slow so all you get is black.

It might be able to show youtube because they might not require as many resources to display on the TV.

Its all based on bandwidth between your USB port and the TV as well as the resources used to display the content.

Its a complicated answer but there it is.

Get a better adapter preferable with USB3.0 and better drivers for the adapter.
>>
>>50764319
install gentoo
>>
>>50764319
>sony vaio with USB 3.0 but no HDMI

what?
>>
>>50766999

maybe the HDMI is broken or there is miniDP out only
>>
>>50764319
>>50766951
the difference between desktop players that are fullscreen and youtube is hardware overlays, which apparently this thing doesn't support properly

the solution would be to use a different renderer
>>
>>50766999

it doesn't have usb3.0, but it's downwards compatable to 2.0.

managed to get it to work by using the extended screen option rather than mirroring the screen but I have another problem.

when i play fullscreen videos now they play, but they're choppy as hell. (flash player)

i have no idea how to fix this as I already disabled addblock pro and hardware accelleration.

any clue?
>>
>>50767388
>when i play fullscreen videos now they play, but they're choppy as hell. (flash player)
likely due to lack of video accelleration/decoding

consider using a desktop player (such as mpv)
this won't make accelleration possible if the hardware doesn't support it, but it might reduce overhead enough that it won't be an issue
>>
Youtube is htnl5.
Streaming sites are usually flash.

This is your problem.
>>
>>50767426
>>50767497
yeah it's probably flash player that's giving me the issue, but since the sites I'm watching series on (hint) don't have a download button for the vids, it makes it a bit more difficult to use something like vlc or mpv

any tips?
>>
>>50767559
Try using kodi, i had problems playing 720 videos using chromium and using kodi they play flawlessly
>>
>>50767559
hint doesn't tell me much, there are a LOT of video websites that lack download buttons

but a lot of them are supported by mpv, with its integrated youtube-dl support (youtube-dl support a lot of sites besides youtube)
>>
>>50767660
so MPV is like a firefox addon?
>>
What model laptop is it?
>>
>>50767902
oh wow um
sony vaio
Model # VGN-BX640P
>>
>>50767861
no, it's a video player, you can invoke it from a firefox addon, though
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.