[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are best "cheap" phones out right that have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0210[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x1779px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x1779px
What are best "cheap" phones out right that have a good custom ROM selection?

Moto E is nice, but cost $150. Any thing ~$100 with LTE and lollipop?

Not interested in used or mediatek phones.
>>
Nokia E72 master race reporting in
>>
>>47664509
>symbian

lol no
>>
>>47664459
You won't get a phone like that for such a cheap price. Why are you so picky about the mediatec? What's wrong with it? Mediatec will be just fine for all tasks. I hope you have a better argument against mediatec than
>muh gayming performance
>>
>>47664459
Just get the moto e
>>
>>47664459
>>47664545
>$100<
>LTE
A windows phone?
A Samsung Galaxy S3/S4 used
>>
>>47664459
One of those chinese phones.
>>
Used flagships. Galaxy s2 or s3 or LG optimus G
>>
An LG device
>>
>>47664678

Because I own a metiatek device currently. Never again. Its buggy as shit, and there are usually no ROMs available for the devices. For example, the GPS doesn't work half the time and blue tooth always requires toggling to get it to connect to my car. Annoying as hell.
>>
>>47664755

Has nothing to do with it having a mediatek SoC, has everything to do with buying a shitty phone.
>>
100-150$ is the bare minimum for a decent smartphone, get a Moto E.
>>
Alcatel.
>>
>>47664459
Redmi 2 1GB variant should be around ~$130 and better than the Moto E in most regards, but the LTE bands are only used in most of the world, not North America.

>Not interested in used or mediatek phones.
The new mediateks are usually quite fine.
>>
>>47664773

The mediatek hardware is buggy, but that has nothing to do with mediatek? Huh?
>>
>>47664755
Ahh ok, just let's say you don't want chink phones. GPS and bluetooth seem like a software problem.
But yeah, some chinese phones are shitty, but you can find really good models for a decent price. The research is kinda annoying, and you can only rely on forums for long term tests.
>>
>>47664839

You don't know enough about SoC's to claim it's mediatek being buggy and not the device.
>>
>>47664839
Anon, that hasn't been the case since like... one year. Which is forever in /g/ time and everyone should already know.

(They then fixed their GPS and joined Linaro.org and stuff. And now they do really rather nice 64bit ARM SoC.)
>>
The Sony Xperia E
Motorola Moto Gb(1st gen)
Htc Desire 326g
Htc Desire 526g
Nexus 4
Lg Optimus G
Amazon Fire phone

iPhone 5C
>>
Used 2013 Moto X.
>>
I have a question regarding phones, and this looks like a relevant thread.

I just got a new galaxy s4 from insurance because my screen got fucked up.
I've always heard about rooting phones and whatnot and was wondering if there's anything fun I should/can do to my phones before I go downloading apps and everything.
I've never really used my phone for much more than texting, but I have a full time job now where I can look at my phone a lot and I just don't have much to do.
Any suggestions or links would be cool.
>>
>>47664975
Just look for tutorials on youtube for your model. After rooting you can install a custom rom or the xposed framework and some modules you want. Search for these words and learn it.
Android ricing is fun, but you need to try things out. some custom roms are shitty some are good. What seemed a really aweseom rom at first, can become a battery raping, bug infested pile of shit. The flaws come up over the time, it can frustrate you. But once you know wtf you are doing, you can tweak the phone just like you want it.
>>
>>47664459
Nexus 5, $220
https://swappa.com/listing/DFR205/view
>>
nokia lumia 635
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.