[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your work has given you the choice of the following for 3D modeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 4.jpg (87KB, 870x575px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
87KB, 870x575px
Your work has given you the choice of the following for 3D modeling suites:

3DS Max
Autodesk Maya
Blender

Without 'muh open source' explain which one you would choose and why.
>>
Autodesk Maya, because I've experience with it.
>>
>>47631014
Blender, because I'm used to it.
>>
Cinema 4D
>>
Cinema 4D because I've done some things with it and it's pretty good.
>>
What the hell am I doing with it?
>>
LightWave because I'm a contrarian who likes to endlessly argue about pointless details.
>>
Blender because muh open source
>>
>>47631014
Blender because it isn't proprietary software.

Also, I've used 3ds Max, and it's a huge pile of shit.
>>
>>47631014
>blender
i have the most experience with it.
I've tried maya and 3dsmax, and i did not have a good time with them. Maybe it was because they are bad software, maybe its because im too used to blender.
>>
Blender because it's what I'm used to and I'll gladly take the $4000 my boss saves on licensing added to my salary.
>>
>>47631014
Maya, because that's the one I'm most familiar with.

Really, and /3/ will tell you the same thing, there's a few very definite WRONG choices when it comes to 3D modeling, as in, there are programs you definitely should not use under any circumstances, but there really aren't any programs that you should definitely use above all others. As far as the programs you've listed there, the differences between them are so negligible, it really only comes down to personal preference.
>>
Fuck your choice.
Rhinoceros because best nurbs
>>
>>47631014
>not compiling your 3d models written in C w/OpenGL
>>
>>47631014
FreeCAD, because rounding errors.
>>
>>47631014
What are you modelling for it's here the question.

It depends what are you using this 3D model for.

And btw in the real world this "work" you talk about wouldnt let you pick since Blender is free as in beer.
>>
Blender because I started with it, I did a year of 3ds max at school and I seriously think it is shit compared to blender for what I want to use it for.
>>
autodesk is the nvidia of 3d modeling.
>>
>>47631014
Blender, because it's the only one I half know to use
>>
AUTOCAD,
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.