[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to programming here. I installed Python to my machine to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1428405437786.gif (3MB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
1428405437786.gif
3MB, 250x183px
New to programming here.

I installed Python to my machine to start programming.

If I build a program and someone tries to run it on their computer, do they also need python installed?

Or is that what compiling is for?
>>
>>>/sqt/
>>
>>47578938
>>>/sqt/

But to answer your question, yes that's what compiling is for. You write a source code, which a compiler takes and turns into something your computer can read and execute.
>>
Python is not a compiled language. You need an interpreter, and that interpreter is Python, which needs to be installed. You can bundle it with your applications if you want.
Don't use interpreted languages to make anything serious, they're slow and inefficient.
>>
>>47578954
So don't write a desktop application in Python?

What language to use then?
>>
>>47578938
whatever you do, don't use Idle
>>
there is a thread called "/SQT/" or "/sqt/"

it stands for "Stupid Questions Thread"

the use of three "greater than" signs like this:

>>>/sqt/

Indicates that you should go to that thread and post your question there.

please do that.

>>>sqt
>>
>>47578965
For desktop applications use C# or Java.
>>
>>47578954
Python is JIT compiled moron.
>>
>>47578954
>>47578965
No this is wrong! Don't listen to this moron.
Yes they are relatively slow compared to compiled languages but they aren't slow.
People have developed 3D games in python. For starting programming it's a great language and likely appropriate for anything you want to do.
>>
>>47579065
How would I compile it so someone else can run it without having to install python.
>>
>>47579091
google
>>
File: 1425306613872.webm (1MB, 720x480px)
1425306613872.webm
1MB, 720x480px
>>47578995
>Java
No.
>>
>>47579091
well you can just bundle the python with your program. Alternatively they are programs like py2exe which let you convert your python scripts into a windows executable.
>>
maybe you could try golang...well anything except C# really.
>>
>>47579133
>le java is bad maymay
good one. if it is so bad why is it used so widely?
>>
>>47579016
Only if you use PyPy, default implementation is interpreted.
>>
>>47579150
If pop music is so bad, why is it listened to so widely?
If Michael Bay movies are so bad, why are they viewed so widely?
If CoD is so bad, why is it played so widely?
If Macshit/Winshit is so bad, why does it sell so much?
>>
>>47579133
Nice meme!
>>
>>47579174
you just proved that your views on java are an unpopular opinion like disliking pop music, etc. nice job, you're fucking retarded
>>
>>47579133
What animé is this?
>>
>>47579150
Because it's being foisted on companies by Oracle?
>>
>>47579187
I'll take the opinions of 10 reasonable men over 100 turds any day.
>>
>>47579174
Is pop music bad?
Are michael bay's movies bad?
is CoD bad?
Is Windows/OsX™ bad?

personal tastes are not facts.
>>
>>47579065
>People have developed 3D games in python.
You do realize that's just a wrapper to a library that was written in a real language right?
>>
>>47579133

Computer science illiteracy, as expected from a pedophile.
>>
>>47579204
sure, but your uneducated opinions will not change the fact that java is used for many things and will continue to be used for many things. keep learning your retarded meme languages that have no real world use.
>>
>>47579166
The default implementation is JIT compiled.
>>
File: odersky.jpg (84KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
odersky.jpg
84KB, 480x640px
>>47579133
this!

>mfw companies like apple, hp, general motors or walmart are only still using java because this anon didn't tell them it's shit

master ruseman
>>
>>47579150
>if it is so bad why is it used so widely?
Because it's bad.
>>
>>47579204
>it's popular so it's bad
well that's not really a good reasoning you still haven't explained WHY it is bad
>other people said it's bad and I believe them
lol can you think for yourself?
>>
>>47579213
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Facebook is that way faggot.
>>
>>47579244
Java is getting a smaller and smaller home user install base, due to all the security panics a year or two ago, and the fact that they try to install the fucking ask toolbar whenever you update. Yes there are alternative java VMs, but no one in the general public knows or cares.
>>
>>47579309
Have you ever even installed the JDK and programmed something in it or do you just hate it because you have a bad experience with the fucking JRE.
>>
>>47579309
>home user

When did anyone mention this? We are talking about it's use professionally, you know, where it matters.
>>
>>47579272
>well that's not really a good reasoning you still haven't explained WHY it is bad
Because they're vastly inferior, watered down versions of better products that only got more popular due to marketing and shoving them down public's throat
>>
>>47579091
When you compile you make an .exe file. Give them that exe file to run on their computers. It should run. You can also do operating system interfacing to make your compiled .exe files to run on various type of machines. I do not understand the issue!
>>
>>47578938

OP, I have an important question.

What do you want to do?

What do you want to make?
>>
>>47579360
I'm asking you why the programming language itself is bad, not why you think the software made in it is bad.

You can make shit software in any language and since java is so extensively used of course you'll have programmers making lazy mistakes in it.
>>
>>47579348
>>47579357
OP is worried about people being able to run his programs. Java is going to have the same problem as Python in this area.
>>
>>47579191
the amazing world of gumball
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.