[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

uBlock was nearly killed by /g/'s autism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

File: ublock.png (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ublock.png
6KB, 250x250px
>gorhill gets sick of the autism spewed by /g/
>gives up dealing with all the ports, gives them to the Firefox and Safari maintainers
>gorhill says he will only work on the Chrome port and wants nothing to do with anything else except that
>Chris "The Jew" Aljoudi, the Safari maintainer, immediately put donation buttons all over his new github fork, claiming that his server is making automatic Safari updates possible. Being a Semite, he sniffed out the high probability of Macfags giving him money for something he barely worked on
>/g/ is now in full screaming autistic seizures over this whole situation, making it even worse for gorhill and lowering the chances of a Firefox port being available in the future as gorhill has distanced himself from the overall project, along with Deathamns.
>a new Firefox maintainer by the name of Alex Vallat, who gorhill found on Mozilla's AMO pages, is now in charge of the Firefox port, and it has yet to be seen if Alex will do a good job
>overall, the good thing we had going with the previous situation has been ruined by /g/'s autism and now /g/ is complaining even more, claiming they are being "cucked" by Christ "The Jew" Aljoudi and refusing to install the latest 0.9.3.0 version out of fears it is a Jewish Macfag botnet, which it isn't.

0.9.3.0 can be found here. Firefox users can stay on this until the future releases are back in motion.

https://github.com/chrisaljoudi/uBlock/releases

Chrome users are advised to just stay on the Chrome Web Store version as gorhill intends to keep maintaining it, unmolested by /g/'s autism.

Anything I missed, /g/?
>>
>>47342066
>Anything I missed, /g/?
Where to download the Spartan version?
>>
Sources?
>>
>>47342066
Haven't been reading news but citation for /g/ getting involved?
>>
>>47342221
It's just a recap, nigger.
>>
>>47342251
>citation for /g/ getting involved?

It was mostly /g/ pranking the github with issues like petitions to call it "micro-block"
>>
I hope they improve Firefox port. Ublock for Firefox on android has been shit for me
>>
On 0.9.2.3 at the moment, Firefox. I'm not updating until this settles down.

The new maintainer is really fucking shady. He didn't do jack shit, but immediately claims that uBlock is his work and plastered donation buttons all over the place. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>47342320
>immediately claims that uBlock is his work

This did not happen.
>>
>>47342330
Yes it did, on his website. Paraphrasing, "Made with love and care by Chris" or some shit like that, only if you dig more in the website you find a sentence in a tiny tiny font that says "originally developed by gorhill".
>>
>>47342330
On his site it's plastered everywhere

>I'M CHRIS. I CARE ABOUT DESIGN, INTERACTION, AND USER EXPERIENCE. SOME OF WHAT I MAKE: UBLOCK.
>MADE WITH LOVE AND CARE BY CHRIS.
>donation buttons on every page

Fucking kike
>>
>>47342354
https://chrismatic.io/ublock/

It clearly says it's originally developed by gorhill, but yeah, but it is weird to say "made" instead of "maintained"
>>
>>47342376
Yes. Go to https://chrismatic.io/ and you find this
>>47342363
>>
File: PCd9QySg.jpg (84KB, 803x803px) Image search: [Google]
PCd9QySg.jpg
84KB, 803x803px
>>47342363
>>47342396
>kike

He even looks like one.
>>
File: jrej.jpg (67KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
jrej.jpg
67KB, 251x251px
where does he get the balls to say that he made it
>>
>>47342421
I have an urge to punch him in the face.
>>
>>47342066
>>a new Firefox maintainer by the name of Alex Vallat, who gorhill found on Mozilla's AMO pages, is now in charge of the Firefox port, and it has yet to be seen if Alex will do a good job
I think he's capable. He's the guy that did the work on the fennec/firefox mobile port.
>>
>>47342594
what happened to Deathamns, I wish he continued to maintain the firefox version, he's the one that made it possible to have it on firefox in the first place.
>>
>>47342636

His disappearance is still a mystery though.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (49KB, 855x562px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
49KB, 855x562px
>>47342636
ded
asked for a reason, none was given, and then he disappeared off the face of the earth three hours later
>>
>>47342562
I have an urge to shake his hand and smile at him.
>>
>>47342562
>I have an urge to punch him in the face.

That is a normal reaction to a Jew's face.
>>
>>47342670
>ded
>asked for a reason, none was given, and then he disappeared off the face of the earth three hours later
This looks shady.
>>
>>47342670
gorhill is such a fucking wimp.
>>
So what's le current meme ad blocker /g/?

I don't want to be behind the times
>>
>>47343071
He could have handled it much better, at any rate.
>>
>>47343093
ABE.
>>
>gets fucking told by people that know ublock doesn't really block anything (seriously, check your browser cache and enjoy all those lovely ad images you don't see when you use ABP with the "non intrusive ads" disabled WHICH IT FUCKING TELLS YOU ABOUT ON INSTALL AND IS UP FRONT WITH WHAT IT'S FUCKING DOING UNLIKE UBLOCK WHICH IS A SNEAKY FUCK THAT ISN'T DOING SHIT TO KEEP ADS FROM TRACKING YOU).
>gets mad and lol drama trying to divert attention from this TRUTH
uBlock is dead. It's an addon that gets money from ad servers to hide ads because seeing ads isn't where the money comes from, it comes from tracking users which hiding ads instead of blocking them allows.

Report any pro-uBlock thread as viral advertising by these fucking disgusting piles of shit and make sure they never do anything with technology ever again in their goddamn pathetic loser lives.
>>
File: kenny.jpg (67KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
kenny.jpg
67KB, 600x480px
>>47342670
>>47343037
>>
Can we get real for a moment and realize that the only reason /g/ is so hard on Chris is because his last name sounds like Jewdie?
>>
>>47343112
sup ABP shill
>>
Can /g/ critize anything or anyone at all without resorting to the good ol' antisemitism?
>>
Why not just use an adblock that doesn't freeze the browser for 5 seconds everytime it loads a page?
>>
>>47343189
Don't be so anal.
>>
>>47343166
No, the reason we are hard on that motherfucker is because instead of "made with love and care by gorhill. (maintained by Chris)", he takes all the credit with "made with love and care by Chris. (originally developed by gorhill)."

Look at his update since he look over. It's all edits to the readme and messages for donation begging, nothing else. He even fucked over the translation efforts by making people do direct edits.
>>
>>47343112
>uBlock is dead. It's an addon that gets money from ad servers to hide ads because seeing ads isn't where the money comes from, it comes from tracking users which hiding ads instead of blocking them allows.

Hello ABP shill. You may have succeeded in pissing off gorhill with your Jew tactics, but he is still going to continue.
>>
>>47343189
>Can /g/ critize anything or anyone at all without resorting to the good ol' antisemitism?

Grow some balls you fucking mangina.
>>
>>47343187
>Describing how ublock is the ultimate evil and shill
>describe how ABP is fair and justworks
>LOLSHILL
uBlock shill detected. Typical. Just give up, your fucking cancerous software has been found out.
>>
>people saying ublock only hides ads

Until now I've been doubtful but I just saw a 4chan ad appear that only went away when I F5'd the page. Using uBlock for Firefox 0.9.2.3
>>
>>47343267
it does block connections but the first time it encounters a connection you might see it at least momentarily read the FAQ
>>
>>47342363
>being compensated for hundreds of hours of hard work is evil.
whatever you say, kid.
>>
>>47343340
he is far, far behind gorhill and deathamns in terms of amount of work put into this project and they never asked for a dime. the first (and only thus far) thing chris al juden does upon becoming maintainer is put "uBLOCK: MADE BY CHRIS - GIBE MONIES" everywhere.
>>
>>47342376
He changed it. Originally it didn't credit gorhill
>>
>>47343300
But then it has already let the ad through, before hiding it. That's bullshit.
>>
>>47343584
only the first time, once it's in the database you will never see it again. Read the FAQ
>>
>>47343834
Not good enough when there are other blockers that don't have the same issue.
>>
>>47343847
nope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpypOeK10N8
>>
File: 1415317149448.png (477KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1415317149448.png
477KB, 500x555px
Tried it, found out about all the shady shit, got rid of it. They keep coming up with new ways to enslave us, it's a real man's job to fight this and you can't expect a /g/ meme (uBlock) to do a real man's job. I'm so glad I went back to adblock plus, God bless The United States of America.
>>
>>47343910
well meme'd
>>
>pointless drama over the development of a browser extension

Alternatively, just use HOSTS blacklisting and never have to worry about keeping extensions up to date in the first place.

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts2.htm

Wouldn't that be a lot easier than having to migrate from one extension to another due to constant changes in policy, the developer introducing bloat or adware, etc.? This is the method of ad-blocking I've used for over a decade, and it's always worked fine for me.
>>
>>47343947
>big blank spaces everywhere
>>
>>47343947
Cosmetic element hiding is a major part of any ad blocker.
>>
>>47343947
No you just have to worry about keeping your host file up to date instead. Which thing requires more maintenance? The block lists or the addon?
>>
>>47343947
>>Alternatively, just use HOSTS blacklisting

lol
>>
>>47343990
a cron job or bash script wouldn't be hard to make, would it? nevertheless, i still like the cosmetic filters so i'll stick with ublock
>>
>>47343990

I usually go months without updating my HOSTS file. Nothing has slipped past the radar so far, though.

You can automate the process with a batch file, at any rate.
>>
File: old.jpg (40KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
40KB, 375x500px
I switched back to ABP and am watching this play out from a safe distance.

Anyone else?
>>
File: 4luxVnt.jpg (24KB, 253x387px) Image search: [Google]
4luxVnt.jpg
24KB, 253x387px
itt tin foilers, autism and the few sane people are drowned out by retardation
>>
>>47342066
How many sheckels will be enough for these jews? They need to give us a number. Im tired of everything being ruined by jews.
>>
>>47344241
I am using ABP, don't bother with shenanigans.
>>
>>47342066
If you use Firefox you don't belong on /g/

Period
>>
>>47344388
nice maymay
>>
>>47344388
FUCKING FAGGOTS NICE WAY TO RUIN MY FUCKING FREENET FUCKING MORONS!!!!! AAAAAHH!HH!H!H!HIOPSBVGFLISDJBFLOIDBGFPD FUCKING RAGE ALL MZY RAGE SKUNBVSDOPIVHU DOIVBH DKUIBV D FUCKING JEW SLKDNSDL:IOGFNHJSDE{POGFHD:PIBVGDIBGHDPGFH THE BOTNET!!! LKSHJBFPSIOBFOPSKIBVFOSLBGFPSIBF AUTISTIC G!!! LKSBFLSIBHFLSBHFKLSJBDFLSDCF

INSTALL
GENTOO

E

N

T

O

O
>>
File: mom.png (167KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mom.png
167KB, 400x400px
>>47344419
>>
>>47344388
nice meme faggot
>>
>>47344388
Considering /g/ is phones and macfaggots, you might be right.
>>
>>47342066
Does this mean /g/ will stop shilling ublock and go back to adblock edgy version?
>>
>>47344598
Yes.
>>
>>47344598
>adblock edgy
we all decided to block via hosts file now
>>
>>47344618
about time
check this out
https://github.com/gaenserich/hostsblock
>>
>>47344688
should be able to put that on a router eh
>>
>>47343189
fuck off jew
>>
>>47342066
>/g/ is now in full screaming autistic seizures over this whole situation, making it even worse for gorhill and lowering the chances of a Firefox port being available in the future as gorhill has distanced himself from the overall project, along with Deathamns.
Ahahaha. That's fucking hilarious after all the shilling about how much better it is than adblock.
>>
>>47344914
It's still better than adblock plus though that hasn't changed at all. The fact that two devs left doesn't mean the project has degraded in performance or usefulness.
>>
>blaming /g/

I sometimes wonder how stupid op can be
>>
Seeing as gorhill released his own 0.9.3.0 version without all the changes made by Chris, I bet he regrets giving up ownership.
>>
>>47345124
Note his repo doesn't have an issue tracker. He doesn't miss the old repo at all. All those crying bitches are chris' problem now
>>
>>47345140
Sounds good to me.
>>
Just an FYI from the Chrome store:

>Project moved?
>is it true that the projec is now this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock/epcnnfbjfcgphgdmggkamkmgojdagdnn ?

>Posted by Stefano Tranquillini - 15 hours ago

>Yes.

>But I will keep maintaining my own version here.

>Roughly I consider uBlock feature-complete, and my goal is to keep it working just fine, ensuring it keeps working flawlessly on Chromium-based browser. Both versions will likely diverge eventually.

>Posted by Raymond Hill - 8 hours ago
>>
>>47345372
>Roughly I consider uBlock feature-complete
Pretty much. I see no point in using Chris' version.
>>
Another fine project killed by asper/g/ers and sjws.
>>
>>47345513
It's fine. gorhill did the old switch-a-roo.
>>
>>47345427

Most important hurdle is getting the Firefox version prepared for full review. Hopefully Alex has the patience, because holy shit AMO is slow as molasses.
>>
>>47342066
nobody uses firefox anyways
>>
>>47345124
>all the changes made by Chris
Did you actually look at those changes he made? It's all other than changing app links it's all readme changes to make it look like jew made it it and plastered donation buttons everywhere.

Why would gorhill put that in? Fucking retard.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.