[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Smartphone Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: New_Smartphones_2015[1].png (509KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
New_Smartphones_2015[1].png
509KB, 800x450px
>contract expires in June
>currently own GS4, screen is kill
>GS6 has no MicroSD/removable battery
>iphone is always shit
>willing to wait a couple months after June

anyone have any suggestions for a new smartphone? Also general smartphone thread
>>
Carrier?
>>
>>47279312
Verizon
>>
OPO, unless anyone has word on the OPO 2.
>>
>>47279400
not due until Q3
>>
What's a good replacement for Nexus 4?
>>
>>47279267
Xperia z4
>>
>>47279267
get the HTC One M9.
>>
The Zenfone 2 has really caught my eye. ~$240 for specs around the OPO is extremely okay. I'd say you're in a pretty shitty spot for phones, OP. You'll probably see most of everything coming out, but you'll be too early to get them. I don't think a couple of months will help.

Also, I got to mess with the GS6 today. It's like the S6 wants to do a flip out of your hand. I didn't get to really mess with much about the phone, just slide around on touchjizz. Balancing felt really fucking weird. The button placement didn't help, but I'm so used to an S3.
>>
>>47279267
wait for the Z4
>>
>>47279737
Z4 doesnt have removable battery
>>
>>47279927
Removable battery overated
>>
So what are the chances of Z4 Ultra? I could really use a flagship 6+ inch device that isn't a samshit.
>>
>>47279737
Its just a z3 with an overheating processor
>>
>>47279400
Is the OPO have any bloat?
>>
>>47279319
no samsung for you, theyll just block root
no htc, youll probably have to pay $25 for sunshine
G4 probably wont be out by then, and even still, not sure if it will be rootable like the G3
pretty sure you cant root the Z3v.

>change carriers
>>
>>47280269

Aren't there "Developer Editions" of certain Verizon phones that come with unlockable bootloaders that could suit his needs?
>>
>>47279267

I fucked up my Lumia 925 by having the dev preview enabled as i was installing the Denim update. Now the firmware version is showing the latest number, but the about page still says i have cyan. It's not like i was getting the "hey cortana" feature anyways, but it's still depressing. Still waiting on a true successor to the 925.
>>
how's lumia 435? all i need phone for is calling/skype/texts/email, in that order
i know 532 is better but i wont use camera at all and i have no idea how i'd benefit from quad core, so i'd rather not pay for features i dont need.

i'm mostly interested about skype, because on my old piece of shit android from like 2010 it's almost unusable.
>>
>>47280269

Since when do Samsung lock bootloaders? Is that just a Verizon thing?
>>
>>47280348
I'm pretty sure Lumia 630/635 is cheaper and better
>>
>>47280348

it's perfectly fine as a budget device, i would recommend it. Don't even consider the camera though, i rarely take pictures with it since the sensor is so bad, but I carry a decent camera for that stuff anyways.

awesome battery life if you disable all the gimicky stuff.
>>
>>47280348
skype is not a light application. i'd go for the more powerful one if that's your primary concern, but i don't actually know if the dual-core SD200 is sufficient or not. i'd try asking /r/windowsphone (>reddit, i know) since /g/ is hostile to any mention of WP.

all i can say for sure is that it's not very snappy on my Icon or 928.
>>
>>47280368

Verizon (except Developer Editions) and AT&T have locked bootloaders. T-Mobile ones don't and I'm uncertain about Sprint
>>
>>47280369
hmm it costs more than 532 where i want to get it.

>>47280391
yeah i just want cheapest phone to check mail call people and run skype. as far as i'm concerned it could have no camera at all.

>>47280523
seriously, what's wrong with this world that 1.2GHz dual core cpu might not be enough for motherfucking skype
oh well, thanks for info, i guess i'll research it more.
>>
>>47280206
>Waterproof
>Drop it in Ice water, Instant liquid cooling
>>
>still using a privacy-raping tracking device just because you want to be a fucking little child that has to have his goddamn internet everywhere
Fuck smartphone users. Anyone carrying around that pile of shit is a dumb pile of crap.
>>
>>47279267
>contract

Stopped reading there

This board is for technology literate people, you don't seem to have passed the entry exam

>>47279319
>verizon
strike 2, uh oh this isn't looking good
>>
>>47279267
I'll suggest the BlackBerry Classic because nobody wants to say it.
>>
>>47279267
Go for verizon edge instead of a contract.

If your not keen on having the latest and greatest, go with a galaxy s5. It's water proof, removable battery, SD card option, USB 3 charging. I've had little issues with the lag touch wiz is supposed to have (I handled a nexus 6 in the store the other day and it had more a noticeable lag to it). It's more then powerful enough to handle all applications (although around 60% of smartphone users rarely download apps. Be real, besides a 4chan or other social media app, what else are you running?)

Honestly it's a great phone, but I gotta tell ya, the new exynos processor in the s6 is looking promising, but the lack of water proofing is a big down fall, as well as removable battery and expandable memory. Maybe they'll make an s6 active model sometime in the future, but who knows. Oh, and the s5 is considerably and noticeably better then the s4 (my gf has it and I don't like it at all).
>>
Guise spoonfeed me the best smartphone that is under 600 bucks and is an android.
>>
>>47280722
>seriously, what's wrong with this world that 1.2GHz dual core cpu might not be enough for motherfucking skype
MS has been updating Skype for Android and iOS and leaving the updated Skype for WP to come out with Windows 10.

Skype may be bad, but you're in for a new lesson in sluggishness when you first open Xbox Music. it's incredible that abomination ever passed QA.
>>
>>47279267
zenfone 2
>>
>>47280944
S5
>>
>>47279267
If you're on a contract the price of the phone doesn't really matter and you should look into an iphone.

Plus they have excellent resale value. I've just been rolling my $200 investment over for the past 4 years.
>>
>>47280291
there are indeed. which you have to buy outright, and cost 2 arms and 2 legs
>>47280368
like other anon said, on VZW and ATT
>>
>>47280968
iPhones are fucking shit

fuck off
>>
File: 1408072632785.jpg (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1408072632785.jpg
12KB, 256x256px
guys whats your opinion on huawei honor 6 ?
>>
>>47281294
no they aren't kiddo
>>
File: 1332803852300.gif (4KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
1332803852300.gif
4KB, 344x326px
>>47281294
What really? Anon's post convinced me to buy one on contract, I just got back from doing so.
What do? Am I fucked for the next 2 years?
>>
>>47280831
Who's tracking me?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.