[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why in 2015 do you not just get all your computing done on your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: Two-teenage-girls-using-s-010.jpg (53KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
Two-teenage-girls-using-s-010.jpg
53KB, 620x372px
Why in 2015 do you not just get all your computing done on your phone?

Move on with your life, anon.
>>
>>47085491
Can't play all my PC vidya in a phone (it would be retarded anyway)
>>
Can bash be installed on Android?
>>
>muh games
>>
>>47085491
>just get all your computing done on your phone
>screen size
>keyboard+mouse
>comfy char with comfy viewing angle
>more power, tabs, "apps"/programs
>alt-tab
>shift-tab
>voip
>gaymes
>did i say fucking alt-tab
>>
>>47085509
You can actually install full Linux distros on your phone
>>
Because my tablet is comfier.
>>
Why in 2015 do you still use a fucking retarded little toy for all your computing?

>bad screen
>bad interface
>bad touchscreen bullshit
>bad OSes
>bad apps
>NSA tracking

It's time to put away your toys and get a real computer, children.
>>
>>47085491
Because that's retarded. I actually noticed that I almost never use my phone. I'm not at home for a couple of days and forgot the usb cable. So it's been out of power for a few days and I didn't even notice until just now.
>>
>>47085536
Can you make phone calls having done so?
>>
>>47085553
Yes, you don't actually replace android
You just run Debian/gentoo/whatever alongside it
>>
>>47085550
>I almost never use my phone.
Are you a student? Over the course of a work day I receive at least fifteen or so phone calls and make at least a further twenty.

During the evenings I use Skype, Viber, Whatsapp and Snapchat. If I'm out of batteries for more than an hour people will start coming around to my apartment to make sure I'm alive. I have a hard time imagining someone going days without a phone.
>>
File: 1386034803757.gif (467KB, 606x423px) Image search: [Google]
1386034803757.gif
467KB, 606x423px
>>47085615
>I have a hard time imagining someone going days without a phone.
>>
>>47085615
You're an idiot.

If you are that fucking dependent on a fucking mobile phone then you need help. It's an addiction.

Seriously, go get some fucking help. You're seriously ill.
>>
>>47085573
On a phone, with a tiny ARM CPU, minuscule RAM and non-upgradable flash memory?
>>
>>47085491
Because I'm an architect, can't run cad, revit or max in a phone.
>>
>>47085664
>If you are that fucking dependent on a fucking mobile phone then you need help. It's an addiction.
Well, I do need help. Been thinking about hiring a secretary so I could take a holiday for the first time in like, five years, without losing customers.
>>47085648
Are you going days without social interaction or are you organising events through some other means? Are you on the same bat time, same bat place every week, stuck in a rut, perhaps?
>>
>>47085669
>using a shit phone
>>
>>47085723
Did you know you can socialize without a phone? Are people really this fucking dependent on phones that they have forgotten that humans can interact without them?
>>
>>47085615
Admittedly, I'm an antisocial fuckup. I have two people that I could call friends, but I only send them funny pictures once or twice a week and a girlfriend that I video chat with every evening. But I'm not depressed about it. It turned out this way, because I like it that way. Especially stuff like
>If I'm out of batteries for more than an hour people will start coming around to my apartment to make sure I'm alive.
sounds like a nightmare to me. I just don't have it in me, I guess. The thought of having to interact with other people at any giving moment feels just uncomfortable.
>>
>>47085723
>needs a secretary
Don't bullshit. You're a fucking high school loser LOLTXTing your stupid friends that you will barely remember in 10 years let alone care about trying to impress them with your LOOK I HAVE THIS SHIT TECHNOLOGY TOO LET'S CIRCLEJERK garbage.
>>
>>47085757
>Want to meet person X
>Need to communicate desire to meet with person X
>Need to arrange mutually beneficial place to meet person X
>Need to agree upon time
I suppose this could be done by letter but stamps are so very expensive nowadays.
>>
>>47085801
Or, you know, home internet. Or home telephone.

Holy shit, kids, are you this goddamn stupid?
>>
>>47085669
>having a phone with less than 2gb ram
>>
>>47085801
There's also the internet and e-mail. I understand needing a phone if it's part of a job or something but it's really not something you need (especially nowadays with everyone being connected everywhere)
>>
>>47085777
I feel like I need a secretary but that doesn't mean I can justify one. I have three employees and I'm starting to have problems managing my cash flow. It's not particularly impressive nor is it particularly uncommon.
>>47085771
An hour was an exaggeration but I really do expect that people would start to ask after two days and if I'm really not available then chances are someone would pop by. Joys of living in the city.
>>
>>47085615

i literally just bought my first smart phone a few weeks ago. My computer is worth several thousand dollars. Eat shit phone fag.
>>
>>47085869
>I feel like I need a secretary but that doesn't mean I can justify one. I have three employees and I'm starting to have problems managing my cash flow.

Have you considered not trying to do this on a phone and instead use something like Excel or SQL? you know, software made to do this and make your life easier?
>>
>>47085869
Stop bullshitting, highschooler.

HEY THAT HOT GIRL FROM YOUR MATH CLASS IS TEXTING YOU BETTER GET IT

Fucking idiot child.
>>
>>47085819
>home telephone
Do you know anyone under forty that still has a home phone?
>home internet
Yup I'll just log into Whatsapp from my desktop without my phone.
>But facebook!
Isn't instant. It's rather inconvenient because even normalfags are reacting to how much battery the facebook app takes and uninstalling it.
>>47085832
>e-mail
Do you check your e-mail after work? I do but I'm in a position where I must. When's the last time you sent a personal e-mail? When's the last time you got an instant answer?
>>
File: 1317780467728.jpg (3KB, 126x115px) Image search: [Google]
1317780467728.jpg
3KB, 126x115px
>>47085920
>I have made myself dependent on my mobile phone and I can't possibly imagine how anyone else can function without it
>>
>>47085920
>home phone
Um, everyone. That proves you're underage and stupid. You need a home phone to get any fucking home services.
>whatsapp
What is any of the fuckbillion chat protocols you can use to talk. Holy shit, you're an idiot, child.
>facebook
Now I know you're a child, because you still use that garbage.

>email after work
It's called going home and accessing your email.
>MAH CORPORATE EMAIL CANT GET IT FROM HOME BAWWW
Then your company sucks.

Except you don't have a company. You're a dumb kid because no one mature enough to have a real job would say the bullshit you did.
>>
>>47085920
In a PC or tablet you can get notifications when you instantly receive an e-mail. It usually takes a few seconds and you can respond right away if needed.
>>
>>47085910
While I can see where you're confusion is coming from, I'm not OP. All my paperwork is done on a computer at home or laptop at work. I'm simply wondering how people can go days without a phone.
>>47085913
You're going to have to put more effort into your trolling anon.
>>47085954
Same goes for you.
>>
File: 1333839025602.png (39KB, 295x311px) Image search: [Google]
1333839025602.png
39KB, 295x311px
>>47085982
>You're going to have to put more effort into your trolling anon.
>>
File: 4.png (1MB, 1436x799px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
1MB, 1436x799px
YOu guys know touchscreens are the way of the future, right?
>>
>>47085979
>In a PC or tablet you can get notifications when you instantly receive an e-mail. It usually takes a few seconds and you can respond right away if needed.
While I know that and use that quite often I don't expect others to. My point wasn't when you last saw an email instantly and replied to it, it's when's the last time you got a quick email reply from a friend or family member? Most people just don't check their emails after work.
>>
>>47086020
Me and my brother communicate via email. Don't know exactly why, but it's 2015 and emails are not really something you have to check. On my computer the email client is open 24/7 and my phone pushes notifications for new emails.
>>
>>47086020
A few weeks ago I got a reply from a friend I've known from highschool which I have on my contacts. I don't usually reply or check my e-mails but once I responded I got a notification of when he e-mailed back and I could instantly respond from there. It's quite simple really but I don't get the point you're trying to make.
>>
>>47086101
>It's quite simple really but I don't get the point you're trying to make.
Well, my point is quite simple, actually.
>I don't usually reply or check my e-mails
Most people don't. To most people an email is a work thing. They have a personal email address but they don't use it much beyond signing up for services.
>>47086075
>Me and my brother communicate via email.
Then I'd consider you the exception to the rule.
>>
>>47085982
I am an Usonian University student, who has never possessed a cellphone. I have a little used landline, but email is my primary mode of communication. That said, I can go days without using the internet directly.

I keep in touch with some freinds via email, some by physical mail, and mostly by face to face communication.

Thus, to the OP, I cannot use my nonexistant cellphone, that would be absurd. If I had one, it would not meet my expectations in terms of power, capacity, and probably modificational potential, even when compared to laptops of similar prices (especially when phone subscriptions are considered).
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.