[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some examples of relatively within reach future tech

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 722828.0..jpg (159KB, 921x651px) Image search: [Google]
722828.0..jpg
159KB, 921x651px
What needs to happen for them to become viable? Things like 4k/8k, new display tech, etc.
>>
>>47071987

1. nuclear powered trains
2. nuclear powered airplanes
3. nuclear powered cars
4. nuclear powered generator trailers

t. nuclear engineer
>>
Affordable, cheap electric cars.
>>
1. programmable loli-bots
2. brain uploading
3. lewd loli-bots
>>
Womb transplant would be nice
>>
>>47071987
i really dont know how far off we are from quantum computing but when that starts to take off i assume we will see a lot of cool shit happen
>>
>>47072019
I'm guessing some of these are pretty far off.
>>
>>47072064
If the cold war was still going on, it would be seen as the new space race.
>>
>>47072019
>>47072098
Nuclear powered airplanes have been done before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_NB-36H
>>
>>47072098

meh, 20-50 years depending on how optimistic you want to be
>>
>>47072141
>>47072159

While they have been done before I'm looking more for examples of tech that is within 5-10 years of being widespread.
>>
>nuclear powered floating aircraft carrier
>>
File: Peacekeeper_RV_vehicles.jpg (787KB, 2308x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Peacekeeper_RV_vehicles.jpg
787KB, 2308x3000px
>>47072139
>If the cold war was still going on
>If
It is. Don't fool yourself. The context and players are just slightly different as time has gone on.

There's a reason neither the US nor Russia have disarmed any of their nukes and still stand at the ready. There's a reason anti-ICBM tech is still an active field of r&d. It's because unfortunately, mutually assured destruction works.

We're kids on the playground. Little is more laughable than the suggestion that we're a wise or mature race. Nothing we argue about is very complex. We are an infant that has yet to finish shitting up its cradle and flailing around helplessly.
>>
>>47072270
Sure, but I meant the original first vs second world conflict. We all have McDonald's now, China is the biggest capitalist force etc.
It would be cool to see commies vs capitalists compete publicly for building the first "artilect".

Cool pic, btw.
>>
>virtual reality
>sex bots
>living in space (some sort of station or colony)
>automatic changer (some sort of device that changes my clothes and hair according to how I'd like it for me)
>>
>>47072626
>living in space (some sort of station or colony)
Have fun with brain damage.

Unfortunately, living in a space colony without being near Earth's shielding and not being bombarded by cosmic rays, high energy nuclei moving near light speed, etc, is outside of your natural lifespan.

If immortality is brought about, perhaps. But they won't and cannot give it to everyone.
>>
>>47072660
I don't understand, why immortality can't be just given in a computer program form. Such as being stuck living in a reality program like Sword Art Online. That would be a life that I could live with forever. Fucking hot Japanese women while slaying demons for the rest of eternity.
>>
>>47072270
As tin foil as this sounds... it is scary
>>
>>47072731
I don't believe it would be you. Even if you could simulate everything on a particle level and had complete knowledge of the universe's workings, the program simply still isn't you. It's a duplicate of the original. "You" still die, despite another your going on living. ie, you wouldn't experience it.

That's using a strictly reductionist viewpoint of reality and consciousness. I don't know what consciousness, experience, or perception actually is. Could be a lot of things, but I do lean towards that once your system of particles fizzles out, that's it. A copy is just a copy in the truest sense, a duplicated new original that is only a copy from a perspective that allows it to be seen as such.
>>
>>47072848
fuck life, kill me now.
>>
File: ------.png (2MB, 1520x1080px) Image search: [Google]
------.png
2MB, 1520x1080px
>>47072856
This topic always gets me thinking about Unreal Tournament.

>mfw the thought occurred that if the universe is deterministic, and AI system is designed to be deterministic as well, only the existence of the player within the game's "universe" affords the capacity for change or anything novel to occur.
>Mfw perhaps our universe is the same, we're all deterministically driven data and any change in that stream of events is via compounding changes imparted by beings existing apart from our universe, who may or may not defy the logic our faculties can address as afforded by physics.

Nah, it was actually pretty subdued. More of an "oh, hmm." moment.
>>
we could have self-driving cars all synchronized between each other, just set the destination and the navigation system does everything, accidents can't happen because the system already knows the position of every car.

We have the technology, why the fuck isn't it happening?
>>
>>47072904
>accidents can't happen because the system already knows the position of every car.

Software is far from perfect or inherently reliable. I'll never understand why people are willing to place so much faith in any automated system. The world in practice rarely plays out as it "could" or even "should" in theory.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.