[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK, I'm going to be the edgy contrarian here and come out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 14

File: macbook.jpg (105KB, 1020x678px) Image search: [Google]
macbook.jpg
105KB, 1020x678px
OK, I'm going to be the edgy contrarian here and come out and say it:

This isn't *THAT* bad a product.

Yes, it's shit by the standards of what Apple was doing under Steve Jobs.

But it's still better than some of the retarded shit that's out there these days.

> No porths!!!

You don't understand the product concept if you think this machine needs ports. It's meant to compete with those fagoty half tablet, half laptop things that other companies are doing these days. It's a facebook machine and it doesn't announce itself as being more than one.

> Mobile processor!

See above.

> $1200!

Man, Google routinely charges 1200 bucks for computers that LITERALLY don't have storage and don't work unless you're connected to the internet. I fail to see how 1200 for a sexy, thin, but underpowered laptop is unprecedentedly crazy in today's market.

I think you guys are being a bit too harsh on this. This is a clear sign in my eyes that the anti-Apple crusaders online are now a bigger cult than the Apple fanboys; even Marques Brownlee liked the new MacBook and he's usually pretty harsh on Apple. Every other publication gave it good reviews and everyone likes the new trackpad.

IN THE MEANTIME I won't be buying one personally because I think the whole category of netbooks is stupid and I don't care about lightness as much as Apple seems to think I should. I also dislike the lack of key travel.
>>
>>47044764

They should have released a ipad pro with detachable keyboard instead of this thing.
But yes all this apple hate attitude on /g/ is of infantile retard mentality.
>>
>>47044764
good points OP, everyone in here is fucking angry as if Apple is holding a gun to their heads and making them buy this products, faggots, this Macbook isn't targeted for you, they still have pro line products like Macbook Pro, and if you really need power they have TrashCan Mac Pro.

Don't get angry at something that isn't for you.
>>
I don't believe that computer is worth half its asking price so I won't be buying one. Its a gimped status symbol and nothing more.
>>
>>47044764
>Google routinely charges 1200 bucks for computers that LITERALLY don't have storage

It at least comes with a decent processor but no one said the Chromebook Pixel, which is the only model that sells that high, was actually good either. It's also meant for developers really and they aren't selling many. The Macbook is even worse yet it will fly off the shelves just because of the Apple name.
>>
>>47044764
>Google routinely charges 1200 bucks for computers that LITERALLY don't have storage and don't work unless you're connected to the internet
>routinely

I might be completely wrong here, but didn't they just release the Pixel 1 & 2 so far?
>>
>>47044823
but they influence the market when fucking morons buy this shit. other companies try the same selling technique, so we will end up with shit like that and no other option. that's bad in my opinion.
>>
People have a right to be mad as Apple sets the tone for the rest of the industry. Even people who don't buy Apple products are affected by what Apple puts on the market.
>>
>>47044903
>shit like that and no other option

you're being ridiculous
>>
>>47044919
maybe, but I might be right. look at the samsung galaxy s6. the s3 used to be an awesome android phone. the s6 dropped key features (removeable battery and sd card) and is expensive as fuck - just like an iPhone.
yeah, you might argue that this doesn't concern anybody, you probably don't need sd card and a removeable battery, but it still indicates a trend which started with apple.
>>
>>47044866
Pixel is unusable, if you want to install linux on it, there is not much space, and if somehow you manage to extend the storage, there is literally no drivers to support the hardware correctly.

Again pixel is unusable, unless you want to browse mimis on the internet. At least Macbook comes with good storage and with a fully POSIX compliant Operating System OS X, which an excellent operating system.
>>
>>47044919
Kinda hard to find a clamshell phone nowadays.
>>
My only problem with one port is that if it fails you're fucked. Dongle doesn't even bother me since usb c is not proprietary so there should be affordable options on the market apart from Apple's $80 dongle.

$1200 is a bit steep as a starting price though
>>
>>47044916

Why aren't you angry at the general public? Why you out there committing mass shootings in public places to show your disapproval of Apple's influence.
>>
>>47044993
>clamshell phone
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xclamshell+phone.TRS0&_nkw=clamshell+phone&ghostText=&_sacat=0
>>
>>47044979
Linus Torvalds doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

Again no one has said it was good however, comparing shit against shit doesn't really help your point. Almost no one needs a Pixel, Google said outright they made it for developers. If you're going to compare the Macbook to a Chromebook then don't act like a retarded shill and compare it to what people actually buy.
>>
>>47044963
this is called progress, deal with it, technology changes and the standards change with it.
>>
File: AQUOS-K-SHF31-1.jpg (157KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
AQUOS-K-SHF31-1.jpg
157KB, 1200x675px
>>47045019
Well of course I can find one from the last century. I want a new phone like you can find in Japan.
>>
>>47045046
Japanese don't' use them anymore, they all use touchscreen phones - especially iphones.
>>
>>47045036
But its not. It's just a way to make more money on less expenses. Its not a technical progress, it is a marketing progress, which I am not okay with.
>>
>>47045062
http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/19/japan-flip-phones-gara-kei/
http://www.vox.com/2015/3/8/8164369/japan-flip-phones

This is pretty easy to google. They're more popular there than anywhere else. Enough for new models to be released in 2015.
>>
>>47044764
>It's meant to compete with those fagoty half tablet, half laptop things that other companies are doing these days. It's a facebook machine and it doesn't announce itself as being more than one.

Except they are far more powerful and cheaper.

The latest Surface's base model could outperform this, and be better fit for those wanting to get in to the laptop market,

If it was cheaper, it'd be ok, but it's more than a base level macbook pro which could run circles around this trash and be actually productive

Also the Facebook Machine meme is stupid, especially when your company is selling the iPad and it's variants, which, with a keyboard attachment, are far better than this laptop at basic web browsing and word processing for the price.

Seriously - OP - Give me ONE good reason for this trash to exist
Hard mode:
Can't mention muh trackpad - about the only good thing they did, but it can be transferred to the MBP or their Bluetooth trackpad thing

also this reason must be prone to being countered by a cheaper Base-level MBA or MBP.

I'm sorry, but apple shit the bed on this one, you're paying more for a slower Macbook air
>>
File: yayifications.jpg (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
yayifications.jpg
5KB, 160x160px
>>47045046
>>47044993

Clamshell phones are better if you literally do nothing but make phone calls. For anything else, touchscreen phones are obviously superior.
>tfw I'll never have to type text with a numpad ever again
>>
>>47044764
>It's meant to compete with those fagoty half tablet, half laptop things that other companies are doing these days.

Those also only cost a third of this machine. It's meant to be a real notebook, make no mistake. It's just very forward looking in its approach to peripherals. Apple was the first to drop floppy, optical, after all. The industry might actually shift towards having Bluetooth connectivity the norm in devices now.
>>
File: new_products.png (55KB, 529x518px) Image search: [Google]
new_products.png
55KB, 529x518px
>>47045123
>I'm sorry, but apple shit the bed on this one, you're paying more for a slower Macbook air

Just like the Air failed because you were paying more for a slower Macbook, amirite?
>>
File: 12.jpg (37KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
37KB, 480x270px
I knew applefags would still buy this shit and try to explain how it's totally okay.

"b-b-but it works just fine for X thing, so it's totally okay to pay three times more than you would pay for a better product."

I'm not even mildly surprised to see OP post this.
>>
>>47044979
But it runs Gentoo

http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Chromebook_Pixel_LTE
>>
>>47044764
>edgy
>says something most people in the real world, and ~half of /g/ would agree with
>>
>>47044806
This, they would have had a direct competitor to SP3. Not in terms of performance probably, but concept. But I guess it would not fit into Apple philosophy... they generally dont like bastard devices, they keep their shit in pretty standard categories. I noticed its only other manufacturers that try to pull off the "many devices in one" thing, but in the end they end up with dissapointing product that gets the worst of both worlds. Devices like Yoga, Transformer, Miix, swivel screens etc. Only good one is SP3 imho. I dont even like Apple but they do their product positioning right.
>>
>It's meant to compete with those fagoty half tablet, half laptop things that other companies are doing these days.

The lack of a detachable keyboard says otherwise. Also, wasn't the entire "innovation" of the surface pro 3 the fact that it actually has a USB port?

There's absolutely no reason to buy this when a pro or an air would cost about as much.
>>
>>47045432

The main question is do they want be a leader in the tech market or a luxury and fashion brand who produces useless shit like the iwatch. If they can't come up with a product superior to SP3 they can say goodbye to the tech market.
>>
>>47045009

Good thing you can bring your laptop into an Apple Store and have it replaced the same day, and for free if you're under the one year warranty or for 3 if you buy AppleCare
>>
File: 1407332073669.gif (2MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1407332073669.gif
2MB, 720x540px
>>47044764
>You don't understand the product concept if you think this machine needs ports
> $1200
mfw

>>47044844
>I don't believe that computer is worth half its asking price so I won't be buying one. Its a gimped status symbol and nothing more.
i agree completely with this guy
>>
>>47045549
>>47044979
>>47045062

The shills are real
>>
>>47044764
>It's a facebook machine and it doesn't announce itself as being more than one.
I love how Apple shills FINALLY GET IT!!!!!

This new macbook is like truth serum, the shills are spouting everything /g/ has been saying about Apple all along: Apple products are for edgy starbucks hipters

thank you for finally speaking the truth
>>
>>47044764
>This is a clear sign in my eyes that the anti-Apple crusaders online are now a bigger cult than the Apple fanboys

>IN THE MEANTIME I won't be buying one personally because I think the whole category of netbooks is stupid and I don't care about lightness as much as Apple seems to think I should.

A completely rational argument about apple hardware on /g/? Never thought I'd see that happen.

Like OP said, this is a purpose designed machine. It is pandering to/meant for the following; students and casual computer users who want a portable it-just-werkz netbook.

Will I be running out to buy one? Hell no. But Apple never wanted to sell me a netbook, and I don't want to buy a netbook in the first place, so I'm not butt-hurt about it.

>>47045619
Post your tax records for the last ten years or you're a shill for Lenovo/Canonical/Google/Microsoft.
>>
>>47045015
Because killing shills is illegal
>>
>>47044764
You said it yourself, this is a Facebook machine. And they're charging people $200 less than a MBP, which has infinitely more features and a high-end processor. People looking for a Facebook machine should really just go for the $300 HP computer.
>>
>>47045471
The thing is, do they want to come up with such device? The iPad Pro could be such a device, I believe it would be within engineering capabilities of Apple to outdo them.

I think their strategy is different, they always put more emphasis on lifestyle aspect than tech aspect of their products, that is why they do not make "invisible" things printers or servers or toasters, but mobile things like golden watch for rich wives of executives, the iPod nano for runners, the iPhone for managers and for the same reason they are planning Apple Car - you can show off in public and display your "Think different". Apple is not a company of silent and invisible, but vital tech infrastructure.

Also the image of value is highly important for them and more luxury brands tend to keep their portfolios pretty narrow. Loot ak Samsung, Asus, Lenovo or HP. Those companies have extremely diverse portfolios and sell in great numbers but make less money than Apple.
>>
>>47045804
Yeah, I'm sure the $300 HP has great battery life and a high quality screen.
Did it ever occur to you faglords that there are things other than gigahertz and RAM? Not everyone buys a laptop solely to play games.
>>
>>47045840
>laptop
>play games

shigidigi
>>
If I want a ridiculously light laptop, what should I get, then?

The last model Air? The Yoga (fuck new Thinkpads)? A Chromebook?
>>
>>47045883
A Surface Pro 3.
>>
>>47045893
So you can have the worst possible fucking keyboard? The entire surface line is garbage. It's awkward, and clumsy.
>>
>>47045968
You can use any keyboard you want.
>>
>>47045893
But I fucking hate touch-screen jizz-plate laptops with flimsy, detachable keyboards and Windows 8.

Whatever it is, I'm killing the OS and Frankensteining it with Windows 7, so I don't want the glitchy touch-screen add ons.
>>
File: 71XhFRMaW3L._SL1500_.jpg (173KB, 1500x1350px) Image search: [Google]
71XhFRMaW3L._SL1500_.jpg
173KB, 1500x1350px
$1200 is too much for a "base" price. This asus x205ta? $174 is an absolute steal for this computer and battery life.
>>
They just needed to make it as thick as the Pro and it might have all-day battery life. But muh thin and light matters more, somehow.
>>
>>47046082
>But muh thin and light matters more, somehow

Even your basement might flood someday.
>>
>>47046013
Wow, the asus x205ta™ is only $174!? That's crazy that the asus x205ta™ is such a steal as such a low price! And you're saying that the asus x205ta™ is better than other brands because of its long battery life!? I wonder how the guys at ASUS even were able to make the asus x205ta™! It's truly a marvel of technology and wonderous gift on the world that the asus x205ta™ was able to come to us as such a low price. I think I might go shopping for a asus x205ta™ now.
>>
>>47045196
kek, this guy is pretty good, even though 4chan hates him.
>>
>>47046013
>2GB RAM
>32GB storage
>11" 1366x768 display

So, how do I get paid the $174 to use this shit?
>>
>>47046082
What I don't understand is that it's not all that much lighter and thinner than the currently existing air. 0.35 pounds lighter and 0.16 inches thinner, if I did the math correctly.

It seems to me that its a macbook air with retina rebranded for a 400 dollar mark-up.
>>
>>47045980
I definitely want to carry a separate keyboard with me.....That's fucking stupid.
>>
I have a 2013 Macbook Air I got for "free" for doing a few hours work on a buddies website. I love it. Probably the best notebook I've owned and I love to program on the go with it. However, this one-port fucking monstrosity is a useless piece of junk.

>muh style
so kewl
>muh aesthetics
have fun with those adapter cables
>$1300 before fucking tax
>repair-ability 0/10
>$80 adapters to make your $1300 purchase useable

keep getting shilled, niggers
>>
>>47044764
>But it's still better than some of the retarded shit that's out there these days.
enlighten us
>>
>>47046146

don't be mad someone else has a different opinion than you.
>>
>>47045238
>better product
>muh specs
>>
>>47044764
It should have just been the Pixel 2 with more storage and running OSX, that would be the perfect laptop.
>>
>>47044764
>IN THE MEANTIME I won't be buying one personally because I think the whole category of netbooks is stupid and I don't care about lightness as much as Apple seems to think I should. I also dislike the lack of key travel.
what is even the point of all these apple cock sucking threads. they always end with something like this. it is almost as if, it is a small group of outsiders and they are paid to promote this product?
>>
It's not THAT BAD when compared to other BAD products. Is it still a BAD product? Yes.
>>
>>47046013
>hey, /g/, screens don't matter!

It's the only thing the macbook has going for it, and you picked out something with the shittiest TN display possible.
>>
>>47046415
It's less than 200 dollars. Buy a 4k monitor for it and you've still saved money.
>>
>>47046358
>better product
>muh design
we are both filtered by literally half the board now because of YOUR word choice. FUCK YOU. seriously though there is absolutely no reason to purchase a computer which does less for more money. if it were budget, like say 150 bucks, probably a solid 147 dollar profit off raw materials, maybe.
>>
>>47046358
Shilling hard today eh Jewy McJewerson?
>>
>>47045706
It's more expensive than the air and is worse on specs. They already had a netbook.
>>
>>47046425
Enjoy carrying a huge monitor everywhere you go and being restricted to power outlets :^)
>>
>>47046112
wat
>>
>>47046460
I'll use the money I saved to hire someone to carry it for me.
>>
>>47046460
tell me what you need a good monitor for on the go? do you watch anime on the bus ride to school? literally who needs a resolution above 800x600 for a facebook machine?
>>
>>47044764
I don't really have much issue with it either. It's basically a super high-end version of the MBA. It's too expensive for you, don't buy it. /thread
>>
>>47046487
*If it's too expensive
>>
>>47046487
It's worse in every way than the air except for the resolution. Do you even shill bro?
>>
Mark my words, this computer is going to stomp the shit out of every other ultraportable in its category in terms of price/performance, battery life and outright performance. Apple does something magic bullshit with OS X to make it work well on such underpowered hardware. A comparable Windows laptop will perform like shit unless it has beefier hardware. The new Macbook is going to be the standard computer for plebs who like facebooking, playing mild video games, editing documents and doing mild photo editing.
>>
>>47044764
>guaranteed replies
I wish /g/ wasn't shit.
>>
>>47046511
It's hardly stronger than my phone.
>>
>>47046521
It's going to be more powerful than the current generation of iPhones, which are actually high power devices.
>>
I like it otherwise but that usable resolution (1152x720) is much too low compared to my MBA's 1440x900
>>
>>47046484
Because I use shit like this to present digital work to clients. Either on the screen itself or airplay'd in a conference room.
>>
File: IMG_20150221_055629.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150221_055629.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Got this for $300
>>
>>47046648
This isn't your blog.
>>
>>47046656
New Macbook can't compete with tablet hybrids.
>>
>>47046679
>1366x768
>still manages to weigh 3lbs despite being only 10 inches
>>
>>47046511
OS X actually performs worse than Windows would on the same hardware. I don't know how it manages to be so slow with ridiculously fast storage but it is. Windows feels much snappier in comparison..
>>
>>47046478
thanks for the kek
>>
>>47044764
why does everyone say the CPU is worse than the mba. The benchmarks haven't even been out and it might well be that broadwell has improved the efficiency of the processor dramatically
>>
>>47046741
It could be because XNU is more like a microkernel than the NT kernel. Also OS X uses a really bad filesystem.
>>
>>47044916
Then be angry at the companies that copy them.
>>
>>47044764
It's a product for bored rich people.
Honestly, for no one else. Even for student's this thing is useless.
>>
>>47044919
>you're being ridiculous
Because phones that aren't square slabs and laptops without chiclet keyboards are still being made, right?
>>
>>47045062
That's just plain wrong.
>>
>>47048659

On a college campus, there's a lot of walking, a lot of cramped, tiny desks, a lot of WiFi, and a lot of cash-strapped people who are nonetheless willing to pay for something that gets the job done well.

This computer is small. This computer is light. This computer is built for wireless. This computer offers a Retina Display in a smaller and lighter package than a Retina MacBook Pro.

How is this not good for students?
>>
>>47044764
>>
>>47048911
Because it's expensive and might not last four years without growing painfully outdated?

If you're a student buying an Apple product just get an Air. Compromises bring a product down, the Air knows what it is, the Pro knows what it is, this computer is creating a spot in between so that it can fill it.

Possible exception being visual artists or photography students, but then this thing's lack of power might be frustrating when dealing with large projects.
>>
>>47049935

>Compromises bring a product down, the Air knows what it is, the Pro knows what it is

What I find hilarious here is that, before the new Macbook reveal, people said this exact same thing about the Air. They said it was a worthless, overpriced Facebook machine, and that the Pro was an objectively better investment.

Funny how subjective and relative everything is.
>>
File: toshibachrom[1].jpg (29KB, 666x464px) Image search: [Google]
toshibachrom[1].jpg
29KB, 666x464px
>>47046013
>>47046648
>>47044764

ALL HAIL THE TOSHIBA CHROMEBOOK 2
>>
File: 1401297866540.jpg (103KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1401297866540.jpg
103KB, 625x626px
Litearry why would someone get the new macbook over an air. An air is cheaper, faster, has longer battery life. and actually has ports.

The only thing the macbook has going for it is that it has a higher res screen and no fans. Still, paying $200 more for a better fan and ability to run silent while gimping your specs is absolutely retarded.

I'm a macfag typing on my macbook pro right now and I cannot understand why the fuck anyone would buy this shit.
>>
File: mm.gif (247KB, 485x274px) Image search: [Google]
mm.gif
247KB, 485x274px
>>47044764
>sexy
It's tacky
>>
>>47050877

Is your memory *that* short? Before the new Macbook was announced, the #1 complaint about the Macbook Air was that the screen resolution wasn't high enough. That was almost all anyone ever complained about.

"RETINA VERISON WHEN!?!?!"

Here you fucking go, retards. Here's your Retina Macbook Air. And now you're pissed because it had to make compromises to not be $2000.

And I bet you would've complained if it had been a good $2000 Macbook Air, too.
>>
>>47050969
They made so many compromises it's almost pointless.
>>
>>47051073

We don't know that. It might actually be practical for most light uses.
>>
>>47046013
No thanks, I'd rather buy another chinkpad.
>>
Can we just agree the Lenovo X1 Carbon destroys any of apples laptop lineup in every conceivable way possible? (aside from the trackpad)
>>
>>47051117
For light uses you have the macbook air or the ipad.

Unless you mean light uses that require a HiPPI screen, which is a very very limited market.

The only real market I can see it selling is the "MUH DESIGN" market.
>>
>>47044764
>as functional as a tablet
>as bulky as a laptop
No
>>
>>47051195

People threw a fucking fit in 2013 when the new Macbook Air was clocked at 400MHz less than last year's model. They panicked, and said all the same shit you're all saying now. As it turned out, the newer processor was more efficient, and benched about the same, despite the difference in clock speed.

So you're probably gonna want to wait before you declare the new Macbook a bad idea, lest you end up with your foot in your mouth. Not that /g/ worries about that kind of thing.
>>
>>47044764
Get out, iCultist!
>>
>>47051236
I don't mind being wrong. But the Core M is already out there, it's not faster than the i5 U.
>>
>>47051326

How much slower is it, though? Is it really *so much slower* that it won't still be good for most of the same things a Macbook Air is good for?
>>
>>47051342
Not really no, is the new Macbook that much portable though?
>>
>>47051326

http://9to5mac.com/2015/03/16/macbook-12-benchmarks/

This article suggests 90% of the performance of the 2014 Macbook Air, which was fine in its own right.

>>47051370

It's 25 percent slimmer, and a pound lighter, with only a ~10-15% sacrifice in processing power.
>>
>>47044764

TWELVE

HUNDRED

DOLLARS

And don't even bring up the Pixel. It's even more overpriced. If that's what you have to compare a product to to make it seem like a reasonable deal, you've already lost. As far as other things go, I'm not outraged over the lack of ports, mobile processor, low travel keyboard, etc. My issues are the bezels and the battery. I'm not bothered by how bezels look, but an extra diagonal inch of screen size would make a big difference. And a 9 hour advertised battery life? Seriously? What good is an ultraportable laptop if you could end up tethered to the wall socket anyway? They could have made this just a few millimeters thicker and ounces heavier and released a far better product than this. There isn't any performance measure where this lives up to its price.
>>
>>47051410
And expandibility and is 300$ more expensive.

The Core M isn't the (only) problem, all around it's a worse and more expensive laptop than the Macbook Air 2014, for slim pickings in portability.
>>
>>47051410
Don't forget that the GPU is worse and will have to render more pixels.
>>
>>47051559

You're right, but honestly, all of these things were true about the Macbook Air for its first couple iterations. Give this form factor a few years, and it'll be amazing.
>>
>>47044764
>It's meant to compete with those fagoty half tablet, half laptop things that other companies are doing these days
what is the macbook air?
> Google routinely charges 1200 bucks for computers that LITERALLY don't have storage and don't work unless you're connected to the internet
doesn't make it right.

>This is a clear sign in my eyes that the anti-Apple crusaders online are now a bigger cult than the Apple fanboy
while I wholeheartedly agree especially on /g/, this product is a shit, even as an apple fan
>>
>ITT: retarded neckbeards from /v/ who can't comprehend that there are things other than gigahertz that other people care about in a laptop
>>
>>47044764
>It's a facebook machine and it doesn't announce itself as being more than one.
>$1299

Pick one.

If it was competing with half-tablets it would cost what half-tablets cost. Nobody would complain about it if it was $499, but it's not.
>>
>>47051515

this bait is alright, not good, but alright.
>>
>>47050161
Because the air was portable and functional, this is just portable. the biggest beef with the air was it's like of disk drive, obviously that wasn't an issue. USB will take much longer to die out.
>>
>>47053111
The air is not functional at all. You have to be blind to accept 1366x768 TN in 2015.
The new macbook looks much more promising. One port for all your peripherals and charging when at home.
>>
>>47053132
The average mac user would more likely complain over lack of usb then the fucking resolution lol.
>I had go buy an $80 adapter to use all my accessories, but hey this nice res let's my minimal wallpaper fit nicely!
>>
>>47053197
What the fuck are you talking about? What accessories? A usb c adapter can be had for $5.
>>
>>47053234
The entire catalog of usb accessories that an average user depends on a daily basis. You can't even lay comfortably on a couch with this thing like a tablet. There's no touchscreen, so I really don't see how this is even comparable to a surface. The only benefit is how slim and light it is.
>>
>>47052901
I doubt it. Going fanless is a huge sacrifice to the CPU power (and applications tend to focus on the computers 80% of users have, not the ultra efficient lowest 5%), the keyboard feels like shit because there's no move for an actual keyswitch mechanism, and you're going to see problems with the durability of the taptic engine or whatever the fuck apple is calling it (with electromagnets for muh feedback, it's actually a cool idea but overcomplicating the thing).

For the tenth of an inch over the MBA you give up a lot.
>>
File: plebi.jpg (65KB, 324x429px) Image search: [Google]
plebi.jpg
65KB, 324x429px
>>47044764
>I think you guys are being a bit too harsh on this. This is a clear sign in my eyes that the anti-Apple crusaders online are now a bigger cult than the Apple fanboys; even Marques Brownlee liked the new MacBook and he's usually pretty harsh on Apple. Every other publication gave it good reviews and everyone likes the new trackpad.
You care a lot about other peoples opinions to moan about it.
>>
>>47046617

then obviously a fucking shitty little netbook wont do, but for the rest of the world who just wants to take notes and browse the web the x205 is good for it's price.
>>
>>47051194

to caveat on the trackpad, it has too much travel it's just gross.

but taking them apart and peeking under the hood is sexy how it's done.
>>
>>47053132
>The air is not functional at all. You have to be blind to accept 1366x768 TN in 2015.
is this bait? how does a 1366x768 panel affect functionality?
>The new macbook looks much more promising. One port for all your peripherals and charging when at home.
ok, you're trolling.
>>
>>47044764
u r dumb
>>
>>47046565
>>47046565
Not really, they're actually very close in terms of performance. A8 consumes 2W peak, the Core M consumes 18W peak at top turbo-boost.
Here's the A8 vs the top Core M 1.3GHz edition.
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/compare/2070497?baseline=2113109
The Core M is a lot slower than the A8X used in the iPad.
>>
>>47044764

>I think you guys are being a bit too harsh on this. This is a clear sign in my eyes that the anti-Apple crusaders online are now a bigger cult than the Apple fanboys; even Marques Brownlee liked the new MacBook and he's usually pretty harsh on Apple. Every other publication gave it good reviews and everyone likes the new trackpad.

You seem to act as if The Apple Fanboy group was ever bigger than the Apple-Hate group....

This has never been the case.
>>
>>47044979
>osx
>excellent
top kok
>>
File: 1409036896920.webm (3MB, 853x480px)
1409036896920.webm
3MB, 853x480px
Ooh, a shill thread.
>>
ITT: poorfags go full poor
>>
>>47056222

boy, that rabbi really wants that wad of cash.
>>
>>47056245
>paying $1200 for a laptop with high end phone specs
Fags gonna fag I guess
>>
>>47046197
Randall Munroe is a bit of a faggot, but it doesn't make him less right when he asserts than engineers and programmers are generally contrarian to the rest of the population with their technology usage
>>
>>47044903
Be mad at the idiots (consumers) who drive the market.
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.