[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best BitTorrent client out there? I used to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: UTorrent_(logo).png (43KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
UTorrent_(logo).png
43KB, 200x200px
What's the best BitTorrent client out there? I used to use utorrent but I saw some people saying it's not that good.
Any help is appreciated
>>
rtorrent
>>
fuck people saying its not good, if youre able to download shit at a good speed (not saying you can get more speed with others) and its downloading your files fine, then keep using it
>>
>>47037408

utorrent is the best...

though being closed source/ having ads/ shitty installer make people not use it.. if those things were changed everyone would use it and agree its the best client by far
>>
Deluge if you care about useless stats

transmission if you dont.
>>
>>47037453
utorrent might be the best for windows

but rtorrent is better
>>
>>47037408
I use Tixati, seems alright. Note that whenever somebody brings up Tixati some dwarf chimes in that Tixati is shit but never ONCE has any of those fucks said why. So I think Tixati must be pretty good.
>>
I have no idea what's the best but after shit first hit the fan with the utorrent fiasco a few days ago I switched to qbitrorrent. It didn't work. It said "I/O error" missing permission or something. googled, didn't find an answer so I uninstalled. Installed utorrent 2.2.1 or whatever- the one /g/ recommends as I got the download link from the archives- and it did the same shit, only it didn't say "I/O error", but rather permission was denied or whatever. Got frustrated as fuck, didn't want to go back to regular utorrent because botnet(even though my pirated copy of W7 is missing the ProgramData folder or whatever the miner installed itself to), so I went back to qbitrorrent and from then on it just werked.

m8, I can tell you right now that qbittorrent appears to download and upload shit just fine with default settings for me so I think I can recommend it. The other day someone posted a webm of themselves lowering their maximum upload speed to 1kbps and having qbittorrent automatically lower their download speed without the user's permission, but I don't see why you would want to do that. Seems kind of dickish when you could just pause the thing. Not trying to defend this lack of functionality but you know.
>>
>>47037408
rTorrent on GNU/Linux
qBittorrent on Wangblows
>>
i like transmission
if u cant use transmission then i like halite
>>
>>47037532
>Tixati

I used taxati for while. The stats and other options are nice.

The problem people have with it is a few. One though, a big one. Is private trackers don't let you use taxati as a option.

Hate to say I don't remember why but it turned me off. Because I use private trackers.

qbittorrent ftw

all trackers support it and it's light wight.
>>
File: 1417572052260.jpg (19KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
1417572052260.jpg
19KB, 600x543px
>>47037408
utorrent is now full of shills that want to monetize the dead skin you leave in the room. qbittorrent
>>
>>47037453
Enjoy your Botnet
>>
Do any torrent clients other than uTorrent allow you to add big lists of trackers just with one copy/paste? You know, those "uTorrent-compatible lists" of trackers (just a text document w/ tracker URLs every other line) provided on search-portal sites like torrentz.eu
>>
utorrent has been installing a bunch of other bullshit onto your computer with the latest updates you're better off with Deluge or qBitorrent.
>>
>>47037408
uTorrent...just do it:
http://schizoduckie.github.io/PimpMyuTorrent/#/
>>
why has no one made an open source clone of uTorrent yet? Everyone who uses it only loves it for its UI
>>
I use transmission.

Because I guess it's simple? I don't fucking know.
>>
File: 2015-03-16-004452_815x364_scrot.png (77KB, 815x364px) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-16-004452_815x364_scrot.png
77KB, 815x364px
>>47039272
It just werks. No hassle, no nothing.
Too bad my internet is pure shit, though.
>>
I'm using qBittorrent. It's essentially a clone of uTorrent 2.2.1, minus the apps engine.

I wouldn't use any recent versions of uTorrent due to the spyware and Bitcoin mining software bundled with it. You're better off using qBittorrent of Deluge. I'd recommend qBittorrent, but if you don't like it for some reason, Deluge is fine. Deluge is a bit bloated since it uses Python libraries, but it would at least be a safer alternative to uTorrent.
>>
uTorrent 2.2.1
>>
qbitorrent as long as you're not getting individual files that are 5gb or larger
those screw up really often for some reason
>>
>>47039272
eh, sometimes when i just want to choose certain folders Transmission ends up downloading all the other folders i unmarked.

Fuck that
>>
>>47039316
What? Are you using FAT32 or someshit?
>>
On a side note, why does the internet for filesharing seem to get slow as fuck on Sunday nights?
>>
File: MBAM uTorrent and uSequential.png (135KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
MBAM uTorrent and uSequential.png
135KB, 1680x1050px
Hey guys what are some cool apps/plugins for uTorrent?

I got uSequential which allows me to download files in truly strict sequential order (so I can 'stream' them in VLC) when I click "prioritize by file order" button (see pic)

Also, why is mbam giving me this message? It's from an "outgoing connection," does that mean I am trying to connect to a malicious peer? How do I stop it from happening again?

Interstellar just got leaked in HD, by the way
>>
>>47039527
>downloading YIFY
GET
OUT
>>
Ludde sold out years ago and utorrent has become malware. Avoid it unless you like aids
>>
uTorrent 2.2.1 (Build 25302)
>>
>>47039541
they made some shitty releases last year and they got some major flak for it. Their encodes look much better nowadays and are still small as shit in filesize
>>
>>47039173
Enjoy your down syndrome and good luck in the special olympics, retard.
>>
>>47039578
They're small as shit in filesize because they're shit. There's no magic free lunch. The audio is sub 100kbps mp3 bullshit and the video is often awful in terms of artifacts.
>>
>>47039583
rectal ramified
>>
>>47039603
>>47039578

>1080p Interstellar YIFY BRRIP 890mb
>A:10 V:10 Thanks YIFII Great as always!
>>
>>47039603

On *nix use rtorrent or Deluge.
On Windows use qBittorrent or Deluge.

Don't intentionally use outdated software because you're too lazy to look at something else. It's not 2007 anymore.
>>
>>47039656
I think you responded to the wrong anon, anon
>>
>>47039658
Yep I did. Oh well. Point still stands.
>>
>>47039603
>They're small as shit in filesize because they are shit. There's no magic free lunch
I'm not the guy you were arguing with, but that is some bullshit. How do you explain files encoded with h.264 being a fraction of the size of identical-quality files encoded with one of the old MPEG standards?
>>
>>47039719
>How do you explain files encoded with h.264 being a fraction of the size of identical-quality files encoded with one of the old MPEG standards?
H264 is a newer and far more complex video codec compared to MPEG2.

YIFY didn't invent a video codec. They're using standard h264 and they turn the bitrate on the video way down.
>>
>>47039719
>How do you explain files encoded with h.264 being a fraction of the size of identical-quality files encoded with one of the old MPEG standards?
Technically it's not identical quality as a raw video. H.264 is lossy. It's a good enough algorithm that as long as you don't go overboard you won't really notice (YIFY goes overboard). That being said, it's a BETTER comprehension algorithm than the old compression algos. You can have a better compression algo than a 10 year old standard. You can't make an equal quality video that's half the size of another copy while using the SAME compression algo as a larger file.
>>
On Linux, Transmission
On Windows, also Transmission

I don't need anything complicated. I just want to click a magnet link, tell it where to download and be on my way. The only other feature I need in a torrent client is the ability to check percentages of individual files and switch priority which it does.
>>
>>47039820
Can transmission pick up additional trackers from peers? That's a really nice feature on qbittorrent that wasn't in the old utorrent (no idea about current utorrent because I'm not touching that piece of shit)
>>
>2015
>people still using utorrent

http://www.dailydot.com/technology/utorrent-bitcoin-mining/
>>
Anyone use Deluge?
>>
>>47039861
Tried it. It failed miserably with my VPN and I wasn't willing to take the effort to try and get it to work.
>>
>>47039797
>>47039819
I'm not defending YIFY, they're encoding movies with the same codecs as everyone else. I'm saying that you *can* get your "magic free lunch" (smaller filesize at same quality) if you get a movie encoded with a more efficient codec. Like VP9 for webms or h.265 for other videos

Now I see that he was specifically referring to the current generation of video codecs only
>>
DELUGE WINDOWS
DELUGE MAC OS X
DELUGE LINUX

ITS
FREE
SOFTWARE
FOR
FREE PEOPLE
DONT BE A SLAVE
>>
>>47039905
>I'm saying that you *can* get your "magic free lunch" (smaller filesize at same quality)
Technically that's not a magic free lunch either - newer algo's require better hardware than the old ones
>>
>>47039527
That IP is being blocked most likely because it is a VPN service. Tell Malwarebytes about it and I'm sure they would fix it. In the meantime, just allow it. Or don't. But somebody is probably trying to connect to a torrent you have downloading through that VPN, and Malwarebytes is blocking it for some reason.
>>
>>47039947
Also, you should all decide what is best for you. You may like something others don't. Here is a list of them so yo can download a buch and see what you like:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_BitTorrent_clients
>>
>>47037408
enjoy your system being fried by a bitcoin miner
>>
>>47039991
I would recommend qBittorrent, Deluge, or Transmission since they work on all platforms and are open-source. I am trying to switch from uTorrent because I hate the business model/adware/bloatware/installer/high resource use/ads/etc.
>>
>>47039853
I don't know to be honest. I just know that I never have issues connecting to a bunch of peers.

I downloaded a 17gb file in less than an hour.
>>
I run tixati 1.99 on my linux laptop, and qbittorrent on my windows one while I wait for tixati 2.0 to be released.
>>
>>47039947
thank you very much. Why does MBAM auto-block connections to people on VPNs? Or does it just do it to certain VPNs that are frequently used for malicious purposes?

I looked up that 192.162.x.x range of addresses and they all seem to be in Russia, so that's a no to that one. I am probably not going to be unblocking any of these connections (just to be safe unless) I cannot download my files without them
>>
>>47040347
They just do it for VPN's that are known for malicious activity.

You could try seeing if Malwarebytes knows if that IP address/set of IP address' is malicious too, just in case they know something we don't.
>>
[spoiler]baretorrent[/spoiler]
>>
what is the best non-free torrent client? I dont care about price because I would probably just pirate it anyway
>>
>>47040531
Torrent clients ARE free you retard
>>
File: xtorrent-9468-1.jpg (132KB, 464x400px) Image search: [Google]
xtorrent-9468-1.jpg
132KB, 464x400px
>>47040573
yeah you're mostly right. Wikipedia says some of them are shareware, but doesn't list any. I still found a shareware one (for Mac, no less) called xTorrent. It still has a free edition though.

It's because I heard someone say bitcomet was not free just a few days ago on this very board, but I just looked that up and it's (mostly) bullshit. You can register for "your own dedicated connection" at http://vip.bitcomet.com/
Sounds like a scam for them to get money from dumbasses so they have an incentive to keep updating their client
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.