[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

IT'S OVER AMD IS FINISHED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 22

IT'S OVER

AMD IS FINISHED
>>
more like 10.5 GB
>>
>>46953807
Use the existing thread, moronic shill. Also no AMD cards in that benchmark, nor do they mention which settings they are using.
>>
THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA
>>
>>46953842
niceme.me
>>
>>46953807
>2x the memory
>2x the price
>4fps more
welp that wasn't worth the wait.
>>
>>46953849
>>46953879
Titan Z is a dual gpu you mong
>>46953849
They quite clearly state the settings.
The 295x2 fits in between the Titan Z and X

Enjoy faggot.
>>
Who the fuck needs 12gb gpu?
>>
>>46953879


> i don't know how RAM bandwidth works.
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (710KB, 2004x2396px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
710KB, 2004x2396px
I doubt that pic related approves
>>
>>46954006
>doesn't know how ram bandwidth works
well clearly it doesn't work on the Titan X since it's only getting a handful more fps.
>>
>>46953909
The 295 X2 wiped the floor with the Z in almost every real world benchmark, and no, there are no fucking settings nor the game in this pic.
>>
>>46953807

>only four fps faster than the Titan Z

and since the titanZ is slower than the 295X2 that means.......oooooooo
>>
>>46954023
LOLbertarians.
>>
>>46953807
>can't even beat fucking 2 year old 295x2
>good

damn.
>>
>>46954074
TITAN Z is faster than 295X2 with latest drivers

AMD pretty much lost money on that expensive 500W HOUSEFIRE junk buy selling it at $600 with expensive water cooler
>>
>>46953807

Where is the 980ti get fucked invidashills.

I keep putting off my build waiting for it.
>>
>>46953807

>yfw 295X above Titan X
>390x not even released
>all this heat
>cant handle all this rustled jimmies

lets jut all wait until both parties have released their latest GPU's.

Rumours are rumours. Both sides.
>>
>>46954124
>TITAN Z is faster than 295X2 with latest drivers
It's not a driver thing, it's worse due to the lower clocks and GK 110 generally scaling worse in multi GPU setups. Almost every benchmark shows the 295 X2 winning over the Z.

>AMD pretty much lost money on that expensive 500W HOUSEFIRE junk buy selling it at $600 with expensive water cooler

lel on that grammar/spelling, even my english is better than this shit.

Also we don't know if they lost money. And the BOM for the AiO watercooling is not lower than the one for the Zs cooler. In fact it is only slightly more expensive than a normal titan reference cooler.
>>
File: this_pleases_ivan.jpg (19KB, 411x387px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
this_pleases_ivan.jpg
19KB, 411x387px
>>46954177
>all those house fire symbols
>>
>>46953807
If anything this proves the opposite the leaked benchmarks show the 390x to be around 40% to 50% more powerful than a 980 with whatever basic drivers. This isn't suprising as the 290x trades blows with the 980 the 390x will have nearly 50% more processors as a 290x. It also will have far higher bandwidth which will increase fps just as having higher MHz RAM will significantly improve performance in a APU. It is also going to be water cooled. The stock and overclocking ceiling for a stock waterclocked GPU is going to be amazing. Also because it uses HBM it will consume less power as GDDR5.

So to sum it up the 390x will decimate the new Titan and the 395x2 will obliterate it.
>>
>>46953842
I rate this post 3.5/4
>>
File: b8t2guY.jpg (46KB, 540x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
b8t2guY.jpg
46KB, 540x720px
>>46954336
>>
>>46954298
You're forgetting Vulkan which will force all nVidia users back to 400x300 software rendering.
>>
>>46954353
Lol someones buthurt. You enjoy your shitty 3.5GB 970 I will enjoy my 390x Crossfire or 395x2 build. Depends on how long it takes until good 4k monitors with quantum dot tech, 21:9, Freesync, HDR and curved for a future eyefinity build and also because it looks nicer for a monitor.
>>
>>46954447
>Enjoying 600W HOUSEFIRES
>>
>>46954447

Implying im not going for 2 390x in CF for me 7680x1440 setup

oh you
>>
>>46954467
Did you forget the fact that you can undervolt the card to that 250W figure and it'll probably have the same performance as your Titan?
>>
>4GB HBM

Obsolete even before release

Not to mention some faggots will try to multi-gpu and run into 4GB framebuffer limitations with multi-monitor
>>
>>46954447
its you again... are you not considering oculus virtual monitors at all? infinite oled space in one headset
>>
>>46954467
The only video cards to ever actually caught on fire, burns down houses and kill innocent people were Nvidia ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRo-1VFMcbc
>>
>>46954501
NOPE.AVI because it will be slower than TITAN X
>>
>>46954515
we don't know if and how long it'll be limited to 4GB. So no sense in talking about that right now.
>>
>>46954515
HBM is the future. AMD always adopting newer tech faster. AMD always thinking about the future.

Lisa Su, visionary CEO of the decade.
>>
>>46954555
NOPE.AVI

Nvidia gets 8GB HBM2 and 16nm GPU

Way smarter than AMD
>>
>>46954578

wut, source or stfu.
>>
>>46954578
there are no HBM generations and waiting longer to adopt new tech is not really smarter.
>>
If you're not using nvidia for graphics and amd for processor, you're doing it wrong.

>BUT MAH INTEL BENCHMARKS
Faked/special case bullshit, plus enjoy your remote NSA killswitches.
>>
File: Hynix-HBM-13.jpg (153KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hynix-HBM-13.jpg
153KB, 1650x1275px
>>46954599
>AMDPOORFAGS
>Being this clueless
>>
>>46954578
They'll get them when TSMC stops shitting the floor.
That might take a while.
>>
>>46954578
But they aren't until 2016
Also, Nvidia went for the HBM competitor that lost, that's why AMD had stacked memory first
AMD is spinning 16nm FinFET for it's next gen and for the next APU's
>>
>>46954532
I would likely want both. Are you the one that recommend virtual desktop before?
>>
>>46954578
Arctic Island will use HBM2 and 16nm.

Why Nvidia drones are always 1 year later? Are your brains 3.5gb too?
>>
>>46954638
>AMD can't even release a new GPU until 1.5 years later
>Company is so strapped for cash, it had to halt shipments to channel because no one is buying their junk
>>
Cool a card that costs about $1,300 gets about 30 more fps than a about $500 card. So for $700 you can get 30fps more.
>>
File: hbm-featurescpuk0.png (79KB, 476x702px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hbm-featurescpuk0.png
79KB, 476x702px
>>46954609
This is a fucking SK Hynix marketing slide about their upcoming products and a vague description what they are planning.

larger slices, more stacks, increased bandwith per lane is nothing but a yield problem. Nothing stops them from pushing 4Gb slices now except yields.
>>
>tfw gtx660
>>
>>46954609
Nvidia was going to use HMC; which didn't worked out and so they had to wait longer to use HBM
They're so retarded they lost to AMD
>>46954660
It actually gets less performance than the 700 295X2
And it's a year old
>>
>>46954467
This.

II
II
v
>>46954538

Also I don't give a shit about power consumption I only care about performance and the way the company treats it's customers.
>>
>>46954578
>>46954609

You have to remember. nVidia are with TSMC on this one.

And we known how good TSMC is for time keeping, and producing acceptable yields..Hell, they're the main reason AMD series were always months behind schedule.
>>
>>46954685
IIRC AMD is probably using 2nd gen HBM
>>
>>46953807
No, I don't think so. Also this benchmarks shows my 980 was a good investment.

The 390X will perform similar, will be hopefully not as overpriced as the Titan. Otherwise buy Maxwell and wait for Pascal with your 4K desires.

2nd gen HBM will do
>>
>>46954729
Titan is never a good investment anon, it's literally a marketing card
It did found a niche with the too poor for real workstation cards crowd back then though
>>
>>46954006
Ram bandwidth plays an important role in graphics performance.
Nvidia must still have shit-teir ram bandwidth then, because a 2% improvement is horrible. That is like a 50mhz overclock.
>>
?
>>
Thinking about getting a 980, but the 390x is supposed to be out 'soon'.
Should I wait or will a 980 be good enough for the next couple of years?

I haven't had a nvidia card since the GT 210 and then upgraded to a 6950, which was a great card.
I got a 280x last year as a replacement but it isn't that great of a card and AMD support is pretty terrible.
I also do a bunch of 3D work and I hear that Nvidia cards are much better for it, but I have no idea.
>>
>>46954828
Debunked as fake

But keep posting it I guess since AMDPOORFAGS are this pathetic and desperate
>>
There's always this one clown that uses caps a lot in these threads?
What's his deal?
>>
>>46954769
which it will miss this time because it has almost no FP64 performance.

Most people who bought titans were retarded gaymer kids.
>>
>>46954847
It's some idiot that bought the GTX 970 and since the 3.5gb fiasco, he went mad. Probably spent his entire welfare on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-purchase_rationalization
>>
>>46954842
Wait
Neither will be good for a couple of years
Try the Omega drivers
>>
>>46954843
>spot Inelite
>>
>>46954847
His name is Inelite
>>
>>46954992
No it's not, IN Elite doesn't mindlessly post like this guy.
>>
>>46954621
ye. im really excited for doing that for myself. i've been wanting triple monitors or a 21:9 but the cost of 3 really nice monitors(144hz ips or something similar) or a 21:9(there arent any high refresh ones yet) just doesnt make sense. now 1 300$ device giving me infinite choices of monitors in high refresh oled is worth the wait
>>
>>46954898
I am using the Omega drivers.

Any chance that Nvidia will announce a 980ti on the 17th?
Or is it just the Titan X?
>>
>>46953991
Just curious, but say if I were to play Skyrim with ENB enabled and loads of mods (like 2k - 4k textures out the wazoo).

I have a 680GTX 2GB, and I run Skyrim through Performance Monitor, and I'm hitting the 2GB cap quite regularly and also experience fps drops.

With a card with real 4GB or 12 GB in this case, would I ever have to worry about VRAM fps drops?
>>
there are software advances like the new API's that will help but the 300 series is a majoe step forward in performance not just the 390X bu all the 300 series cards are being rebuilt on the new 1.3 architecture

if you have to buy a card today i recommend either the 285, 290 or 290X on the AMD side and i recommend absolutely nothing on the Nvidia side otherwise wait for the 300 series which will be some time over the summer/fall
>>
>>46955043
No chance. They wouldn't release the Titan and the 980ti this close.
>>
How is amd finished when the titan x is outrageously priced at $1,300+? $1,300+ for a card that yields about 30fps more than a 980..... Most people run computers that's cost a total of $1,300.....

What's going to matter is cards in the $200 - $400 price range since that's what the vast majority of people can afford.

We've seen nvidia answer to that range, the gimped 960 and 970.

Now its to see what and releases.
>>
>>46955058
4GB should be sufficient, I have a bit more than 3 GB with RealVision and heavy mods. I don't think my VRAM is too small, the 980 is too slow for 4K, it drops to 40 on 2K resolution.
>>46955117
I consider a 2nd 980 in late 2015 or 2016, not before I have a VR device. Otherwise I'll wait for the 1080.
>>
>>46955012
Yeah I wish I could get a 21:9 OLED 144Hz or better curved 4k HDR Freesync thin bezel monitor. Problem with the Oculus is the resolution might be 4k as the Note 5 will have a 4k display so they will likely use that display. But it won't truly be 4k it will be the same image shown on both halves.
>>
i don't care about brands, i only care about price/performance
thanks based the spirit of free market competition
>>
>>46955089
So just wait for the 390x and hope I can brute force everything?
>>
>>46955269
390x and HBM will probably steamroll over even bad console ports.
>>
>>46955283
Hopefully the June release isn't right and they put it out much sooner.
It is so hard fighting the temptation to just get 980.
>>
>>46955089

Didnt they release the titan and the ti pretty close for the 700 series?
>>
>>46955283
>>46955269

the biggest performance bottleneck in both nvidia and AMD cards has been the GDDR5 memory standard

AMD tried to alleviate it by increasing the memory bus

Nvidia tried to alleviate it by upping the memory clock speeds

We really have no idea how dramatically the HBM memory is going to upgrade performance over GDDR5 in the first generation it might not be all that much but over time the increase in bandwidth will allow for an entirely new category of enthusiast level GPU's

the 390X is going to support a 4000-bit memory bus

now imagine four 390X's in crossfire running on an API like DX12 or Mantle/Vulcan

now running games on an 8K OLEC TV doesn't seem so crazy does it?
>>
AMD

IS

FINISHED
>>
>>46955358

they are being extremely careful and i cant blame them

they know if there is even the tiniest issue with the 300 cards that nvidias marketing/shilling department will annihilate them so the 390X has to be flawless

but they already have working cards running at VR demos as of today so release cannot be that far away
>>
AMD

IS

DEAD
>>
That's not ever gonna happen with HBM, 4GB framebuffer limitations and 512GB/s bandwidth limitations.

With HBM2, you get 8GB and 1TB/s, making 4K finally possibly on a single GPU.

Nvidia makes a smarter choice, it's that simple.
>>
>>46954353
wow, that jedi is eager.
>>
SUCH A POWERFUL BUS

AMD IS FINISHED
>>
>>46955358

if you have no intention of ever upgrading to 4K then go ahead and get the 980

but if you want a card that can drive 4K without the issues of multicard setups then wait
>>
>>46955419
I think they are just waiting for Nvidia to announce a price point for the Titan X and then try and undercut them.
I doubt the 390x is going to be a sub $600 card.

AMD had the best chance to reclaim their numbers when the whole 3.5gb issue was happening and they announced nothing until everyone has forgotten about it.
>>
>>46955412
>>46955421
>>46955434
>>46955444

>nividia....its afraid.......ITS AFRAID!!

CheeringMobileInfantry.jpg
>>
>>46955168
true, but it would be made up slightly by the fact that pixels for the points you're looking at would be slightly offset the the warping. I forget which company was doing it but they placed 2 1080p panels over each other, slightly offset, to get some really nice pixel densities without expensive, slow hd+ panels. it was a neat concept kinda imo
>>
>>46954578
>Nvidia gets 8GB HBM2 and 16nm GPU

Yeah, a fucking year after the 390x, after which it'll be up against AMDs own hbm2 16nm cards. Idiot.
>>
>>46955464
Why would Nvidia be afraid of a loser company that can't even make it to the Top 10 list of R&D spending?
>>
>>46955395
Yes, next generation will be 1-2 TB/s. Thats why I laugh at those 640 GB/s.

Also I don't wonder when AMD brings their own VR, as Nvidia will do it.
>>
>>46955482
Keep on dreaming, it took them 1.5 years to even be able to release a new GPU after 290X

AMD will have nothing in 2016
>>
>>46955421
God we can only hope.

Imagine a AMD free market, Intel and Nvidia would have 30% more R&D money to use, producing better chips.
The government wouldn't be on their backs anymore to artificially limit their performance and potential because AMD is shit at making chips.
Intel and Nviida would also roll out low-level APIs for all their products and everyone WOULD have to use them, everyone would get enormous performance advantages.
No incompatibility or market fragmentation anymore, one standard to rule them all, develoeprs can target less variations of hardware(a lot less, as AMD made a lot of worthless junk to fragment the market) and we can have OS X optimizations on Windows.

It's a fucking win-win for everyone, it needs to happen.
>>
>>46955505

>every major advance in graphics in the last 10 years has only happened because either AMD did it or they forced Intel/Nividia to do it
>thinking a world without AMD would be better

there are no words to describe how much of a retarded faggot you ate
>>
>>46955497
They didn't HAVE to release anything new, since the 290x was fast enough. If they were Nvidia, they would've already released the 3xx line, as rebrands of the 2xx line clocked 10% better and with a less shitty stock cooler.
>>
>>46954578
>>46954638
AMD is not producing GPUs, or anything, on TSMC's 16nm FinFET process.
AMD has dropped TSMC as a fab. Their CPUs and GPUs will all be fabbed at GloFo or Samsung on their collaborative 14nm FinFET process which completely embarrasses TSMC's transitional FinFET node.

78nm CPP vs 90nm CPP, its no comparison. GloFo/Samsung have a 15% lead in area scaling, they're ahead in yields, and they'll dominate when it comes to electrostatic characteristics. They already have a 14nm FinFET part in mass production, and it'll soon be followed by others. They have all of 2015 and into 2016 to ramp up yields for larger dies.
GloFo is the only fab qualified to package HBM, and they're starting to test interposer memory on 14nm chips now.
TSMC hasn't done either of those. They have no experience with interposers. They have an inferior process, and they're late delivering it. Nvidia's Pascal will be delayed. AMD will have their 14nm FinFET GPUs on the market before Pascal launches.

>>46954685
>this dipshit again
You're an absolute shit eating moron. The JEDEC specification is irrelevant. Hynix is producing the modules. They make a clear distinction in their product based on their current production capacity. HBM1 is limited to 1GB per module.
I schooled your tech illiterate ass on all of this before. You're not going to get away with being a fucking retard without being called out on it.
>>
>>46955479
It's to bad not all games will support the Oculus Rift or could not be moded it use it. I shed a tear of joy towards playing fallout elder scrolls and witchergames with everything on ultra and 4k mods. And a tear of sorrow because I will never play Bioshock on it because they lock down moding.
>>
>>46955497
>implying hbm 2 will have acceptable yeilds less than a year after hbm 1 is ironed out
>implying they didnt release 2 new lower end cards since the 290x
>>46955505
>implying they wouldnt further jew their customers for low end and over priced underperforming high end chips
>implying sammysung or someone wouldnt stick their dick into the desktop market
>>
>>46955532
>Every major advance
>Implying AMD did anything

Nvidia first to make a GPU, first to DX8, first to GDDR3, first to DX9 PS/VS 3.0, first to DX10, first to DX12
>>
>>46955489
AMD and Nvidia both won't bring own VR hardware. AMD announced a VR SDK at GDC though...
>>
>>46955532
This. I'm a recent convert to AMD and I finally see all the bs behind Nvidia. Intel is also shit but I won't buy a AMD CPU until it beats the top end i7s just because I always want to buy the best.
>>
>>46955611
>first to GDDR3
I hope you realize that ATI were the ones who designed the specification.

>first to DX12
D3D12 is Mantle at its core, and all GCN cards are compatible with the highest feature level. GCN family cards are tier 3. Nvidia does not have a single DX12 tier 3 card.

Your fanboy lies are pretty funny though.
>>
I wonder how many Nvidiots know that Nviida was created by a few AMD employees.
>>
>>46955595
You're the retard, nothing stops them from pushing slice density expect yields, and they are not the only manufactureres of HBM any longer. Larger slices will come, and they will probably come before hynix ships something they label as "HBM 2". If they ever do that.
>>
>>46955602
you can already play games that dont support oculus using tridef or vireio/vorpx, have you not seen people playing skyrim and other shit? its not perfect and you still have to use a controller to shoot, but you can use an omni to walk and it translates the gyro sensors to mouse input. i think they're working on the 3d tracking part.

and as for games that dont work in that way, like I already explained you can run games on a virtual monitor, it doesnt have to be in first person rift mode.

watch this video and skip to 17:20 to see what i mean. he's only play the walking dead but it works with other games, and this is also a BETA version of the software so expect better on release with oculus cv1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqCYO_tDdTw
>>
>>46955663
AMD also approached Nvidia to merge before they approached ATI, and Huang would have done it if they'd have let him be in charge.

Imagine that, fanboys. It could have been Intel vs. AMD vs. ATI.
>>
>>46955602
Oh and playing those games on a omni treadmill or a equivalent. I'm going to look like a fucking Olympic sprinter with the amount of hours I spend on Fallout and Elder Scrolls games. Some people might say I would just get tired and bored of it but I can walk for 7 miles sometimes when I can be bothered to when I walk the dogs without feeling tired or sore and I play paintball as my main hobby with high end professional gear and holy shit can I sprint, no one ever out-distances me at the starting whistle, ever.

I imagine sweating might be a concern when I go paintballing you have to dab the inside of the mask after every 2 10 minute games to get rid of sweat and condensation but a good portion of that is just from breathing. Which shouldn't be a issue with this because it doesn't cover the mouth.

One thing I would look forward to is fps lobbies where you can only play with a treadmill, VR headset, and a gun controller. That would make things more interesting.
>>
>>46955739
They should have accepted, JHH might make an ass out of himself but he's a good engineer.
And he'd certainly be better than any of the CEOs of AMD post 2006
>>
>>46955712
>I can't make a real argument, just like last time I got my tech illiterate retarded shit shoved in
>I'm going to pretend to know better than the fab actually producing the modules

Hynix is the exclusive producer of HBM right now. That was the deal that they made with AMD, they get to be the sole provider of memory for so many wafers. They don't have a node online working with TSV bumps small enough to be building modules with higher density DRAM dies. Its as simple as that. The R9 390X is going to ship with 4 1GB HMB modules on package.

There is a reason why Hynix made that distinction, and that wasn't a marketing slide. It was from a technical presentation given at HotChips, you tech illiterate retarded baby.
The generations are based on their production ability and capacity, they are not mass production second generation higher density modules.
>>
>>46955764
the omni says very specifically you can use it as an input for ANY game. it doesnt need any special shit other than selecting it as an input
>>
>>46955764
I wish they'd somehow make those VR headsets store the sweat somewhere.
>>
File: shield-console.jpg (68KB, 800x457px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shield-console.jpg
68KB, 800x457px
>>46955611
>China invests 19 billion on AMD

>Nvidia admits defeat, starts console fagging with Nvidia Shield

http://www.vrworld.com/2015/02/09/amds-real-china-play-strategic-investment/
>>
>>46955723
Cool. Still sucks I won't be able to play it in full VR. Bioshock would be so fucking pretty in VR. One other issue is that the resolution would be even lower than the standard rift setup.
>>
>>46955764
>omni-treadmill stops working.
>trips and kills himself
>>
>>46953807

is this a troll thread?

amd doesn't even do graphics

I wasn't sure, but come to think of it, no one mentioned ATI in the thread. nice meme, lol
>>
>>46955846
wait what

are you dense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX8Nh0rl50A

heres a vid of someone playing fallout 3 in "full VR" if by that you mean full screen. using VORPX the thing i've told you about 3 times
>>
>>46955892
work on your b8 m8
>>
>>46955820
Cool. Still wouldn't be any point if I couldn't use the Oculus VR properly.
>>
>>46953807
3x51.2fps
3x480p
3xthebreakingpoint
3xthepast
2016
my heart is ready
>>
Didn't the AMD representative say that the 300 series would be out summer?
>>
>>46955846
it also works with skyrim, bioshock, battlefield 3/4 and dozens of other games.
>>
>>46955784
>I'm going to pretend to know better than the fab actually producing the modules
No, i don't pretend that. But i don't take a vague marketing statement by the word. You shouldn't either.

>Hynix is the exclusive producer of HBM right now.

Probably. Depends on how far samsung is

>That was the deal that they made with AMD, they get to be the sole provider of memory for so many wafers.

Huh? It's a JEDEC standard, everyone could produce it.

>They don't have a node online working with TSV bumps small enough to be building modules with higher density DRAM dies.

Source on that? That's all you'd need to change my mind.

>There is a reason why Hynix made that distinction, and that wasn't a marketing slide. It was from a technical presentation given at HotChips

That's basically the same thing. Ever read some of nvidias newer whitepapers? Also mostly marketing bullshit.

>The generations are based on their production ability and capacity, they are not mass production second generation higher density modules.

Sure. But achieving some of the things they want for their HBM 2 is not correlated. If they get the smaller bumps to work with high enough yields before they are capable to stack more than 4 slices there is nothing holding them back just increasing slice density.
>>
> playing games


Hahaha
>>
>>46955905

last time I built a computer, radeon 8500s were king

reading this thread is almost painful
>>
>>46955485
>needing to top R&D spending charts in the first place.

They're just that damn good
>>
>>46955834
Well the amount isn't specified. It's just they mention they have $19 billion set aside for these kind of investments. It's still great for AMD. I think AMD have been doing very well recently every new bit of news about them is great news and the 3.5GB thing converted some Nvidiots like I was.
>>
>>46955995
>I'm still just going to talk out of my ass and prove how fucking clueless I am
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>46955910
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTC1KGnlmDI

heres a recent build of vireio showing you how dank it can be
>>
>>46956065
yeah, because you gave so much source for the shit you claim...
>>
File: creeper.png (4KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
creeper.png
4KB, 1920x1200px
>>46955913
should I attach a picture?
I'm ready for the end of the world.
>>
>>46955917
>“We are confident that as we get into the second half of 2015 with the launch of that [new graphics] product, we will gain back the market share which is low from my standpoint and historically,” said Devinder Kumar, chief financial officer of AMD. “We need to be significantly higher than where we are right now.”

Pretty much confirmed for Q3 launch.
>>
>>46955904
No need to be a asshole. I'm saying playing it like the virtual desktop setup should lower the amount of pixels used because it has the screen hovering in the middle with a lot of useless black bordering it. I'm talking about games that can't or shouldn't be run on the Oculus normally like in his example the walking dead game or Bioshock games which I assume can't be modded to use it as I said they lock that down.
>>
>>46956085
okay I'm going to attach a picture....
don't be afraid
>>
>>46956078
Everything I'm stating comes from Hynix themselves, you tech illiterate retard. Thats why I have command of facts, and your posts are filled with nothing but

>I think
>its possible
>maybe
>listen to my bullshit guesswork

Matter of factly Hynix separates HBM into generations, something that you inaccurately claimed was false. Hynix themselves explicitly state it, and outlined the differences between the generations. You're talking out of your ass, and the shit you're saying is defeated by simple facts straight from the horses mouth.
>>
>>46956094
anon pls. this video >>46956075 explains what i mean. also, it works with bioshock and many other games.
im just trying to help you. i've been trying to explain it for days but you havent understood what im trying to tell you and its frustrating. I just want to shill good tech to people, its my calling.
>>
>>46955867
Do you actually know how a Omni treadmill works? It has no moving parts.

Here is the Omni competition
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k7n5kRRHDpw

And here is the Omni
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-TOaOtJmKGU

Which is better I have no idea.
>>
>>46953807
As a nvidia fan i sure hope not. Competition is good for the consumers and innovation.
>>
>>46955358
Why would he be laughing at having nothing to show?
Isn't AMD doing pretty poorly right now?
>>
>>46956202
there are ones with moving parts, but they're expensive af.

as for which of those is better, I think the omni has a more natural looking stride. and they're cheaper i think.

hey anon, this is what i mean. skyrim in "full vr"

this can also be done with almost any other game.
>>46956094
>>
>>46956131
>Everything I'm stating comes from Hynix themselves, you tech illiterate retard.

From one fucking marketing slide.

My posts are what i would call educated guesses. And guessing is the best we have at the moment because there is no official information. You're doing nothing else as far as i can tell, but i'm not selling my guesses as facts.

>Matter of factly Hynix separates HBM into generations, something that you inaccurately claimed was false.

I claimend that there are no HBM generations. Which is correct. What hynix does with their HBM products is something else.

>Hynix themselves explicitly state it, and outlined the differences between the generations

And still nothing forces them to follow that plan strictly.
>>
File: 2015-03-10 20.47.25.jpg (756KB, 1678x2978px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2015-03-10 20.47.25.jpg
756KB, 1678x2978px
>>
>>46956275
Its not one "marketing slide" its not even from one slide.
The JEDEC specification is fucking irrelevant, you would understand this if you weren't a tech illiterate retard. There are no generations of DDR3 going by the JEDEC specification, yet manufacturers can label them however they want. There is no specification for 3D stacked DDR3, and yet it exists.
Generations of HBM exist as Hynix define them, because it is their product. It is Hynix HBM Generation 1, and Hynix HBM Generation 2.
When Samsung starts mass production they're free to call it HBM Generation 9999, They could call it HBM X. It doesn't matter, companies can label their products how ever they want. It has nothing to do with the JEDEC specification.


Jesus Christ, you're literally a functional retard.
>>
>>46953807
holy shit, and how much does the titan x cost?
>>
>>46956014
I think Radeon is still king.

The 295x2 blows the current and next titan out of the water.

The 290x is on par with the 980 or better at 4k, and Nvidia SLI is a joke vs Crossfire.

The 280 or 285 beats the 960.

The 290 beats the 970.

Nvidia lose on every front to cards that are nearly one and a half years old and when the 300 series comes out Nvidia will be fucked until they release the 1000 series which will be a while.
>>
>>46956325
>>46956405
wut
>>
File: polmygreatestally.jpg (63KB, 900x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
polmygreatestally.jpg
63KB, 900x900px
>>46956417

/g/ only believes what Nvidia tells them to believe. In fact the only place i've seen that is worse for gobbling down whatever Nvidia squirts out is OCN (jesus that place makes /g/ seem clam and rational at times).

Regardless, there is an advantage of the titan x getting close to a 295x2 as you don't have to deal with crossfire/sli which are not perfect even now.

All that matters is if the 390x can repeat its younger siblings efforts and slay a titan.
>>
>>46956376
Everything sold as HBM has to follow the JEDEC specification. What hynix calls their HBM doesn't matter, and it doesn't matter if they segment it into generations.
>>
>>46956502
Great album
>>
>>46956417
>Nvidia SLI is a joke vs Crossfire.

As someone who came from two 6870s to a single 970, which I bought AFTER 3.5 because I was THAT fucking sick of Crossfire (unplayable Alien: Isolation with CF on) and AMD drivers in general(Eyefinity detection in some games breaking if you also use CF), you're full of shit. Faggot.
>>
>>46956187
OK I just looked up Bioshock Oculus Rift and found out it is true Yay.PNG that said some games like the walking dead or top down strategy games should still have a fairly low pixel count because of the black border. Can't watch that video right now I will later.

As I said I'm buying the Oculus or better VR headset even if I get a monitor it's not a this or that thing for me.
>>
File: 1423466637280.png (249KB, 421x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423466637280.png
249KB, 421x500px
>>46955358
>no new cards coming out till june
this sucks. i really wanted to at least buy a new $600 range card for witcher 3 @1440p but it looks like i'm going to be stuck with a 970.
>>
>>46956231
No, they're doing quite good with the R9 290X trading blows with the 980 while being a year older and quite cheaper
They're doing even better with Mantle becoming the foundation to Vulkan and DX12
And even better with the 390X having HBM and quite improved everything while Nvidia has nothing like that until Pascal

It's just that AMD delayed it's new line up since there's not enough reason to release it, specially after the memory allocation fiasco
>>
File: 400x400.jpg (63KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
400x400.jpg
63KB, 400x400px
>>46956549

10 years and counting....
>>
>>46956559
>these 5 year old cards show how its running on current Hardware.

Crossfire on Hawaii cards is better than SLI on current cards thanks to xdma. Two 290X are on the same performance level as two 980 while offering better frame pacing.
>>
>>46955658
Actually, the only Tier 3 cards are made by AMD, there's no tier 3 card in the pipeline for any manufacturer
>>
>>46956543
>hurrrrrrr
The specification is nothing but a broad guideline.
You are conflating a specification with an actual product, again the exact same issue you had last time.
Hynix Generation 1 HBM only comes in densities up to 1GB.
Hynix Generation 2 HBM comes in higher densities.
HBM1 and HBM2 describe final products that Hynix sells and supplies to other manufacturers.

These are facts. Get it through your subhuman pile of shit brain.
>>
>>46956603
Yeah whatever faggot.

Two 290s still can't play Alien: Isolation for more than the hour it takes to reach the first black-screened hacking minigame.
>>
>>46955770
Lisa Su is 10/10 qt3.14
>>
>>46956559
Crossfire used to be shit but has improved to the point where it is much better than SLI.
>>
>>46956568
Who knows, maybe even later.
>>
>>46956665
Still no generarions for HBM overall. As I said, what hynix calla their products doesn't matter, nor does it make hynox generations a technological necessity you have to follow no matter what happens. This is just getting semantic, you know what I mean, I know what you mean.

Any answer to the stuff in wrote earlier?
>>
>>46956673
Post purchase rationalization? Or ehybso aggressive?

I had no problems in alien isolation, was using a single GPU config though.

Also did you really enjoy that game for more than ~7 hours?
>>
>>46956590
That and they are perfecting it. HBM is new tech as is likely a few other things they incorporate into it so getting it right is a necessity. If they fucked up and the 390x was faulty they would lose their chance at dealing a massive blow to Nvidia.
>>
>>46956727
>look at me continually prove how much of a dumb fuckup I am
There are generations of HBM. The specification is irrelevant. It was always irrelevant. You brought it up because you're too much of a tech illiterate retard to know the difference.
See:>>46954685

This is you being a retard trying to correct someone else, despite the fact that you were completely in the wrong, and I know that you're exactly the type of attention whore idiot to continue doing it in the future no matter how many times you're corrected.
You honest to god deserve to die for being so fucking stupid.
>>
>>46956696
>Doesn't work in windowed mode
>Ever
>Can't play Alien: Isolation because the minigames aren't rendered
>Just having it turned on somehow breaks eyefinity detection in Far Cry 3, Guild Wars 2, probably others
>Literally, going windowed mode won't fix it (enjoy your 5 FPS by the way)
>But turning CF off in CCC will fix it for whatever stupid fucking reason

Yeah, I'm basically never going back to AMD.

>>46956742
Crossfire means you can't progress. The hacking minigame computers just show a black screen. And good luck running 5760x1080 without crossfire. That bug was still documented as of early Feb when my 970 got here.

Also, Amazon Prime video, HBO GO, and Netflix all ran like shit for me despite hardware acceleration turned off (the DRM maybe?). As in reduced my whole system to 3 FPS for 30 seconds to a minute. Disappeared when I switched to Nvidia ;^)
>>
>>46956780
They're not perfecting it, Nvidia lost their time fucking with HMC and lost
>>
>>46956809
You did something really wrong while ricing your Windows install
>>
>>46956780
But they had the 390x at GDC.
Why would they take tech that even had a chance of crashing out on them?
Surely the 285x would have been a better option if the 390x is still not ready?
>>
>caring about video cards

gamer fags back to >>>/v/
>>
File: lisa_su.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lisa_su.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>46956677
Wait this one? Sorry I'm an AMD fan and I don't think looks should matter in this I only bring it up because you do but she looks like Nvidia CEO's butch older brother.
>>
>>46956799
How hard is it to understand that there are no fucking generations for the HBM memory standard specified by JEDEC?

I would stop writing what I wrote here or in the last thread if someone actually corrected me. All you do is claiming shit without giving sources, arguing about a semantic problem and calling me a faggot. If you didn't notice, that's not how you convince others of your standpoint.
>>
>>46956832
My only rice is Fences / Display Fusion.

I can't find ANYONE who experienced that low FPS bullshit, but it must've been AMD's fault because it stopped immediately when I went Nvidia.
>>
>>46956809
Well, one problem in one game isn't really making CF worse than SLI. On the technical side its better than SLI now and generally shows that in games. You'll have some hiccups with multi GPU systems from both manufacturers.
>>
>>46956598
Refreshing to see someone like music that isn't weird Fapanese Anime shit. Cheers!
>>
>>46956832
>>46956809
Also, the far cry 3 / guild wars 2 eyefinity/crossfire retardation is documented by others along with ayylmao minigame bullshit.
>>
>>46956907
It's your fault, you fucked something around, could be anything
That's why literally no one else has the same problem as you
Stop shilling
>>
>>46956907
Same could have happened if you switched to an other AMD card.
>>
>>46956918
A progress blocking problem in a high profile AAA release that still fucking exists months later is a serious problem, m8.

>>46956923
Only the HBO GO bullshit is my own weirdness.
>>
>>46956842
Well they could have just said sorry it's new tech that's why we haven't released it yet.

Some issues could be long term, I don't believe for a second 3.5GB was a accident but that is a good example of a fault that takes a while until it's noticed. It's also as I said not just about bug fixing but improving it.
>>
>>46956933
None of your issues are experimented by someone else, except for the eyefinity issues
>>
>>46956933
Since when is alien isolation an AAA game?

Nvidia had their fair share of multi GPU problems too. Its the same shit on both sides.
>>
>>46956886
>How hard is it to understand that there are no fucking generations for the HBM memory standard specified by JEDEC?

That does not matter. It never matted.
When people reference HBM1 and HBM2 they are talking specifically about the parts produced by Hynix. Hynix is the only company mass producing and supplying HBM modules right now. That is why AMD partnered with them specifically instead of contracting out to another memory producer like Micron or Samsung, or all of them. Hynix has limited exclusivity for production. HBM1 and HBM2 are their products. Get this through your fucking head.
Bringing up the JEDEC specification is entirely irrelevant, you're just being a pathetic autist trying to correct someone when you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Learn to shut the fuck up when you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
Yeah, AMD is finished in the $1100+ video card market.
>>
Titan X still using 7ghz GDDR5 is a bit lame, could have got the new 8ghz from Hynix, which we could OC to 9ghz easily enough

Nvidia will need all the extra bandwidth from GDDR5 it can get to compete with HBM, but oh well, guess AMD will enjoy the large bandwidth lead for now
>>
>>46956951
Samsung might be mass producing HBM by now. And if hynix stays with the specifications for the generations remains to be seen.
>>
>>46956907
Computers are fucking complicated. It could be any number of things. People have the same kind of annoying random issues with Nvidia cards as they do with AMD.
>>
>>46956941
3.5 wasn't an accident, it's designed like that
Nvidia already knew it happened, but due to their recent obscurity on their products no one thought about it
AMD is going to have even better HBM by their next gen, not too long after Pascal if Nvidia doesn't fuck up
>>
>>46956842
>>46956941
Also, June was just a rumor that people have clung onto.
For all we know, the 390x may be ready and announced next week at CeBIT.
We already know that new 'freesync' drivers are coming on the 19th with more in April. That is huge for AMD who never release drivers.
>>
>>46956973
When you push the frequency of the DRAM you also need to buff the phy and it will suck more power down the drain. Its not that easy...
>>
>>46956973
No they won't need it
Titan X doesn't compete with anything
It has literally no market, it's worse than other products in every front
The only people that will get it are hardcore fanboys, and they don't care about performance
>>
>>46954447
>quantum dot
Do you really think the LCD train is going to stop?
>>
>>46957018
Quantum dot can be LCD, IIRC in 2013 Sony released a XBR TV with quantum dot backlight
>>
>>46956598
>>46956920
good taste
>>
>>46956996
Yeah I know, as I said I didn't believe for a second it was a accident.

Fucking pricks lost me as a customer I was planing to go 970 SLI before I realised it would be best to wait for better monitors. Then 3.5 happened and as I previously said I'm now waiting for the 390x or 395x2 and good monitors or the Oculus Rift or other VR alternatives. I would prefer to have the monitor at the start but if a VR platform comes out that I want then I might just get that and wait for the monitor.
>>
>>46956996
AMD will have their next generation of cards out before Pascal is ready to launch.
Nvidia has to wait on TSMC's sub par FinFET node ramping, which isn't going to happen any time soon. We're pushing on Q2 2015 and TSMC doesn't have any real designs in risk production, only test chips. They're not magically going to start producing 300mm2~ dies come next year and get double digit yields.

Samsung already has 14nm FinFET chips on the market, they have customers lined up. Apple and Qualcomm will have their next SoCs fabbed there. Volume is the key to refining a process and improving yields for larger dies, and they're not lacking in volume.

TSMC is just a lead weight on Nvidia's ankle.
>>
>>46957161
Oh yeah, I forgot about TSMC fucking everything before Nvidia could
It's going to be some boring years
>>
File: 5dd.jpg (50KB, 680x571px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5dd.jpg
50KB, 680x571px
>>46953807
>AMD IS FINISHED
>>
>>46957182
No, they will be awesome. HBM and a long overdue node jump will bring us a decent performance jump.

Also the whole GPU and VRAM on interposer thing could bring better dual GPU cards, and DX 12/vulkan will bring improvements for games. Also probably competitive AMD x86 CPUs in 2016.

In fact I can't remember any time that has been more interesting and this shit is my hobby since more than 15 years.
>>
>>46957182
Boring? More like hilarious. TSMC and Nvidia will both be spitting out a torrent of PR spin as the pressure starts to build.

Then AMD will come along and release a new line of GPUs made on a superior process with better area scaling than what TSMC has to offer Nvidia.
Great time to be AMD, bad time to be Nvidia.
>>
>>46957285
If TSMC really fucks up that's bad for us. Incompetitive nvidia is just as bad as incompetitive AMD.
>>
>>46956946
Google "alien isolation crossfire hacking"
>>
>>46957285
That and dx12 being a modified version of Mantel Andrew Freesync. Also that company that plan to invest billions into AMD, Zen which will switch from 32nm to 14nm probably before Intel, also on the CPU side of things Mantel and by extension dx12 where made to finally fully utilize AMD CPU's.
>>
>>46957319
> Incompetitive nvidia is just as bad as incompetitive AMD.
Not even remotely. AMD regaining market share, bringing more revenue, and pumping it into R&D would be better for the entire industry. Not to mention the fact that AMD religiously supports open standards while Nvidia just pushes their proprietary bullshit.

Nvidia is just as bad as intel when it comes to ethics in business.
>>
>>46957396
AMD currently produces 28nm chips, they're not stuck at GloFo's 32nm PD-SOI, and intel already has 14nm chips on the market. They have since last year.
>>
>>46957401
AMD supports open standards because they have to. They are without doubt not as bad for consumers as nvidia though.

If nvidia can't compete with AMD they will push their prices. AMD being better than nvidia and regaining market share? Please yes. Completely incompetitive nvidia? Please no.
>>
>>46957319
No it isn't. Nvidia are Cunts but this won't kill them, they will bounce back eventually and hopefully realize they can't get away with their shit anymore.

Who can't wait for the moment Normies realise that Radeon is better when the 300 series comes out and Nvidia can launch no response for a long time. We might get it where Nvidia realises that they can't just rely on their retard fans sprouting incorrect memes anymore to sell overpriced underpowered shit.
>>
File: Capture.png (55KB, 664x623px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Capture.png
55KB, 664x623px
>>46957354
Yeah, a single thread with barely 2 pages, where most of the people who suffer the issue don't have Crossfire and there's someone with a Nvidia GPU with the same issue
It's a game issue, not drivers/GPU
http://forums.alienisolation.com/forum/support/game-issues/non-story-arc-issues/21566-bug-with-rewire-points/page2
>>
>>46957424
Isn't their FX line still stuck on 32nm?
>>
>>46953807
Ok.

You convinced me.
>>
>>46957455
>hopefully realize they can't get away with their shit anymore
They won't, they learned the Intel ways
This is not the first time, you have to go back to the FX 5800 to see how much they can get away with thanks to marketing and fanboys
>>
>>46957455
They survived Fermi without changing their strategy, some months with terrible yields or the worse node for a year or so won't change them either.
>>
we need a new brand where it doesn't come down to having a house fire or paying for a house. also good performance is nice.
>>
>>46957424
Oh ok. I thought I read that Intel was having issues with 14nm and that the latest Intel CPU's where higher.
>>
>>46957512
The higher node would be their 22nm FF node. Which is probably on the sane level as Samsung's 14nm FF node...

Yeah, they had some problems with broadwell but they solved that...
>>
>>46953807
>implying $1000+ cards can e considrred a finishing blow in the gpu industry.
>>
>>46957487
>>46957489
Unfortunately I'm sure your right.

Nvidiots will scream about how great Nvidia is and how shit loud and hot AMD cards are even as they burn to death in their own home because of their shitty Nvidia housefire card.
>>
>>46957471
The FX line is dead. Saying that it's stuck on 32nm is like saying that netburst is stuck on 65nm
>>
>>46957469
it went away if i turned off CF though
>>
>>46957453
>>46957455
>PhysX is vendor locked for no reason. A hack used to exist that enabled it on ATI GPUs, but Nvidia disabled it
>It was discovered that PhysX relies on terribly inefficient X87 code, Nvidia refused to port it to anything else so you'd be inclined to buy a high end GPU to use it, since it used to even chug on their GPUs
>after years of refusing they finally released it for CPUs
>still wouldn't port it to something other than X87
>disabled a bunch of features that still only run on their GPUs
>The Nvidia sponsored Batman Arkham game disabled AA on all AMD GPUs so Nvidia cards would look better in side by side screenshots in reviews
>they did this on a few other sponsored games as well
>they have a long history of doing this
>GameWorks titles all run terribly for no reason, this bullshit that was released in response to Mantle just intentionally cripples game performance to make their own cards look better

Nvidia is just a fucking terrible bunch of jews.

>>46957471
They're not "stuck" they're simply not producing any more FX CPUs of the Bulldozer family. They haven't even ordered any more 32nm wafers for a long time now. Vishera and Richland were the last parts produced on the node.

>>46957512
They are, allegedly. Doesn't change the fact that they're shitting out tons of 14nm parts now.

>>46957530
> Which is probably on the sane level as Samsung's 14nm FF node...
Anandtech shill plz go.

Intel's 14nm node has a 70nm CPP, Samsung's 14nm node is 78nm. All this "hurr it isn't really 14nm" is damage control from fanboys, it isn't factual.
If you want to go that route you can look up the specifics of intel's 22nm Trigate node and see that they're using creating a 26nm gate, and density really isn't all that impressive.
>>
>>46957584
Yeah, of course it's dead. But consider the thread we're in. We don't care about beema, Mullins, kaverie, carrizo, we want a new performance CPU. And the jump from the last 4 module FX chip to a 14nm FF zen CPu is going to be massive...
>>
>>46957630
All of the Zen desktop chips are going to be APUs. Thats where the mainstream market is going, desktop Broadwell and Skylake both have Iris Pro graphics on the high end.
AMD isn't going to sell a mainstream desktop chip that lacks an IGP.

Just letting you know.
>>
>>46957605
>Nvidia is just a fucking terrible bunch of jews.

A necessary evil in a free market. AMD without competition wouldn't be better. They are not a charity.

>They're not "stuck" they're simply not producing any more FX CPUs of the Bulldozer family. They haven't even ordered any more 32nm wafers for a long time now. Vishera and Richland were the last parts produced on the node.

See>>46957630

I wrote that Intel's 22nmFF node is probably comparable with Samsung's 14nm FF node. From the data you just posted it seems to better so I don't see your problem with what I wrote.
>>
>>46957666
I know. Still we will probably see 6 or 8 real x86 cores, not the flimsy 2 module APUs we have right now.
>>
>>46957711
>AMD without competition wouldn't be better
False paradigm. One company being unethical does not mean that a different company would be just as unethical in their place. There is appeal in being an ethical company, it builds reputation for your brand, and reputable brands have high consumer confidence. That is one of the few things AMD has going for them since they lack a real marketing department. Asserting that they would drop all that and start being massive jews given the chance is completely fallacious.

> I don't see your problem with what I wrote.
The problem is that its entirely disinfo.
You just tried to frame it as if Samsung's bleeding edge process was only equal to a node intel introduced in 2012. Samsung's 14nm FinFET node has tremendous advantages over intel's 22nm Trigate.
You really don't see an issue? You'd have to be blind.
>>
I'm the guy who plans to go with a 395x2 or two 390x and a VR headset and a good monitor.

I just found out about this.

http://www.vrworld.com/2015/03/11/feelreal-brings-sense-of-smell-to-virtual-reality/

Really fucking cool the person writing that article is probably being a bit dramatic I imagine it's no worse than a paintball mask. And it has a cooling system.
>>
>>46957833
>odor generator
We future now
>>
>>46957829
Of course they would be massive cunts if they had no competition. Just like with Intel we would see ~5-10 percent jumps every year and the prices would skyrocket.

Do you think AMD sells the Hawaii (or previously Tahiti) cards cheaper for fun now or what?

Fine, so 14nm FF is somewhere between Intels 14 and 22nm node or what?
>>
>>46957829
Do you think the prices for Hawaii (or previously tahiti) cards went down for no reason? AMD isn't a charity and having them without competition would completely suck.

So 14nm FF is somewhere between intels 14 and 22nm node? From what I remember it is pretty close to their 22nm node...
>>
>>46957918
Forget that one here, seemed like the previous post didn't get posted.
>>
>>46957872
if they add a mouth tracker(or is there already one in it?) for speech holy fuck making stupid faces in multiplayer games will solidify the we future status
>>
>>46957833
>>46957872
Just imagine the immersion from playing a game where your just walking along the beach and you can smell the sea and feel the water spray on your face, or the same with any other environmental like jungles factories etcetera. If you set something on fire it smells like something is burning and if you run you can feel the wind on your face.

It's cute at fucking shit aswell.
>>
>>46957512
Intel is getting past 14nm
at this point getting smaller is going to be extremely hard and not very cost effective
>>
>>46958045
is having trouble getting past*
>>
>>46957873
>>46957918
>Of course they would be massive cunts
No, again this is a false paradigm. Your argument relies entirely on an incredibly weak fallacy.

>Do you think AMD sells the Hawaii (or previously Tahiti) cards cheaper for fun now or what?
This has literally nothing to do with your hypothetical. Pricing structures would work the same way no matter which company was leading in market share.

>From what I remember it is pretty close to their 22nm node...
Lets look at some key metrics
CPP :
Intel's 22nm Trigate is 90nm
intel's 14nm Trigate is 70nm
Samsung's 14nm FinFET is 78nm

Metal pitch
intel's 22nm Trigate is 80nm
intels 14nm Trigate is 52 for their mobile line, 60nm for normal power chips
Samsung's 14nm FinFET is 64nm

SRAM cell area
Intel's 22nm Trigate is .1080um2
intel's 14nm Trigate is .588um2
Samsung's 14nm FinFET is .645um2

Oh wow, would you look at that?
Samsung's 14nm has massive advantages over intel's 22nm Trigate in both scaling and electrostatics. You need to fuck off with your disinfo shilling.
>>
>>46957987
>feel the water spray on your face, or the same with any other environmental like jungles factories etcetera
Does this mean I can simulate being a cuck and actually take a virtual facial from my waifu's lover?
>>
>>46958088
They sell it cheaper because they have to. Without competition prices would stay up until they finally decide to give us something new. This isn't communism, they arent working for the people.

Seems like I was wrong about these node characteristics. Thanks for correcting that...
>>
>>46953807
How much lower on that chat would the 2gb 960 be, anyone know.
>>
>>46958097
potentially yes
>>
>>46958137
the exact same place within about 1fps. the 960 in almost any situation cant render something that takes more than 2gb of at a decent frame rate. save maybe modded games with really hi rez textures(skyrim memory may may)
>>
>>46958215
2gb of ram at a*
>>
>>46958131
Read it again
> Pricing structures would work the same way no matter which company was leading in market share.

Your shilling can't stand up to facts
>>
>>46958248
Its not shilling to be against monopolys of any sort...
>>
>>46954074
Hey you autist faget, guess what the x2 means, go back to school
>>
>>46958097
>>46958169
Probably not unless your Waifu sprays cum as a mist. Still would add some immersion.

I give it 2 years max before we have a mask like this with sex smells that can also spew a stream of liquid at a person. Next will come Fleshlight alternatives that can heat themselves, vibrate, massage, move up and down itself, deploy lubricant from a reservoir, or be fixed to a static object like the Fleshlight shower mounts. Other more complicated alternatives like one stimulating a blowjob will be next.

Women will not be happy lol.
>>
>>46958312
Nothing you posted had to do with disapproving of monopolies. You were just slandering AMD while simultaneously spreading disinfo about Samsung's fab processes, trying to glorify intel's.
You were shilling, and it was extremely transparent. Now you got completely called out and you're trying to back pedal.
>>
>>46957319
That was my first post
>>46958395

Totally shilling moron
>>
>>46957987
Or imagine having the mist, smell Andrew hot air spray at you in a moment like in the pic. Although Aliens might be cold blooded I'm not sure if they are or if the body is just very efficient at keeping in warmth and not letting any release.
>>
>>46958462
Stop fucking auto correcting and to Andrew.
>>
>>46958439
>AMD would be so unethical
>they'd be such cunts
>Samsungs 14nm is only the same as intel's 22nm
You stated these outright lies repeatedly, shill. All the back pedaling in the world isn't going to change this.
Cornered shills end up doing nothing but shitposting out of butthurt.
>>
>>46955089
But they released the 780ti which made the original titan shit
Thread posts: 250
Thread images: 22


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.