[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently Steam Machines are arriving this fall. What is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So apparently Steam Machines are arriving this fall. What is your opinion on them?

Personally this is really just..dumb. It's pretty much a generic PC with steam stamped all over it. PC enthusiasts will just continue to build their own their own to their liking for probably cheaper. Console gamers will most likely go with what they know and trust. Where is the market for this system, who will buy this?

Here is the article: http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/04/steam-machines-are-coming-this-fall/?utm_source=Feed_Classic_Full&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Engadget&?ncid=rss_full
>>
>>46855650
>their own their own to their
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_L4Rixya64
>>
It'll make boatloads of money because casuals will pick it up. Nothing wrong with it really. They are still PC's and not consoles and should be pulling over 30 fps 1080p and im sure it'll be entry level before they build they're own.
>>
Will they have composite output?
That is all that is stopping me from upgrading from my Atari ST and softmodded wii.
>>
>>46855690
>It'll make boatloads of money because casuals will pick it up.

What's stopping the casuals from picking up a xbox or ps4?

>>46855731
Not too sure.
>>
>videogames

don't give a shit, take this crap to
>>>/v/
>>
/g/ - Video Games
>>
>>46855690
>casual walks into BestBuy
>decides he wants a gaming machine
>for some nonexistent reason he refuses to buy a console
>he doesn't know anything about PC gaming
>sees a Steam Machine
>decides that a PC with a totally foreign OS is the perfect system for him
>pays $500 or more for a gaming PC
>because he didn't want a PC
>and didn't want a console

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. These are all going to be a big hit.
Valvedrones are eternally delusional.
>>
The OS will be cool for little matx media builds. Streaming to a little media pc would be cool for chilling with friends.
>>
>>46855758

Because they hear all the rage of pcmasterrace but are too scared to build their own. Trust me it's going to sell.
>>
The majority of most gamers are fucking retarded and scared of computers. Having a retard proof "Pc" gaming machine is a good idea.
Just will not appeal to anyone on this board.

But go read the shit people say on /v/ and you will understand why this machine good for them.
>>
>>46855875
>this

Seriously, who is Valve expecting to buy this? The hardcore audience is using PC's already, and the casuals are using Consoles already. Where is the potential marketshare for this?
>>
Look at how many retards bought the Ouya

It'll sell like hotcakes
>>
>>46855875
....you do understand that consoles are PCs with specialized OSes, right? And that nearly every game that's released for console gets a PC version?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.