[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy first smartphone >feel physically ill by all of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14

File: 1383498694458.jpg (13KB, 180x157px) Image search: [Google]
1383498694458.jpg
13KB, 180x157px
>buy first smartphone
>feel physically ill by all of the proprietary bullshit and unremovable bloat
>hate the interface, everything is counter intuitive unless you're the target retard audience
>see that my all of my reservations were correct
>you don't own your phone
>your phone exists to sell you shit

I want to go back. I just want to go back.
>>
what phone did you get?
>>
So root it and install a custom rom.
>>
File: url.jpg (197KB, 1024x1372px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
197KB, 1024x1372px
>>46848220
I told you
>>
>>46848220

shoulda got an iphone
>>
>>46848228

not like it matters, every phone is essentially this now
>>
File: image.jpg (746KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
746KB, 3264x2448px
>>46848220
Just root it and install CyanogenMod.
>>
>>46848260
Anon said he didnt want somthing counter intuitive.
>>
>>46848260
Consider kill your dog
>>
>>46848263
>CyanogenMod

>ever

holy shit look at this retard, trading one evil for the over.

At least pick one of the lesser evil custom roms
>>
>>46848263
>>46848235

I probably will once I become more familiar with it. Maybe this is just future shock. Maybe I am not paying to be exploited, to the extent that I think.
>>
sounds like you should've bought an iphone, op
>>
I thought you nerds were supposed to be good at tech shit. How can you not figure out how to work a fucking smartphone??
>>
>>46848235
Yes, void your warranty and potentially fuck your phone so you don't need to look at the occasional thing you don't fully control on your phone which is probably less than .5 gb total.
>>
>typical autistic linux user meets android

Bloat is removable, not everything has to be open source, nobody is fucking spying on you.

christ, you can't expect everyone to give away his software for free. It doesn't work that way.
>>
>>46848333
rooting can't brick your phone, there are even apps like towelroot that work with one tap and a restart.
>>
>>46848334
Much of the propriety software can be disabled but not removed, being a "default app". Fuck, I even hate that that's now a term. App.

They are pissing on all of our collective lawns. And making a ton of money doing it.
>>
File: UuY4dg2.gif (2MB, 375x283px) Image search: [Google]
UuY4dg2.gif
2MB, 375x283px
>>46848260
>>46848315
seriously this though
op's list is pretty much why i don't like android. although yes you can root it and cybermanmod it but i don't really aspire to be fucking with my phone that substantially as soon as i buy it...

>proprietary bullshit and unremovable bloat
not on ios
>hate the interface, everything is counter intuitive
this is obviously subjective, but i find a lot of android to be counter intuitive. wp is great for this and ios is just simple. again though, not objective.
buy it outright fuckhead
>your phone exists to sell you shit
yeah
>>
>>46848220
Ummm, so, ummm, you do know that AOSP exists, right?

Just fucking flash AOSP, you can compile it yourself if you aren't half-retarded.

If you are half-retarded, well the factory ROM is probably perfect for you.

Considering you made this post I'm assuming that you are indeed fully retarded, however.
>>
>>46848406
>>proprietary bullshit and unremovable bloat
>not on ios
You just seriously claimed that iOS doesn't have proprietary bullshit or unremovable things? Wow. Just wow.
>>
File: 71Cb8HNq8nL._SL1500_.jpg (139KB, 839x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71Cb8HNq8nL._SL1500_.jpg
139KB, 839x1500px
>>46848334
>christ, you can't expect everyone to give away his software for free. It doesn't work that way.
what about if im paying the same company for both hardware and sofware? the whole price is included and i effectively CAN expect that
>>
>>46848220
Nokia 225
>>
>>46848334
You realize you pay for the phone, right? Paying to have to keep paying is a very legitimate complaint.
>>
>>46848487
its not exactly bloatware that slows the system down, and its shit thats coded by apple... assuming you're talking about the default apps like passbook, that can be tucked away in a folder?

this clearly isn't anywhere near the same level of bullshit as ASUS SMARTWEB CLOUD INSTALLER or SAMSUNG EASYCAM 7.3 or whatever the fuck.

have some class, android users.
>>
File: samsung_alias_2_big1-462x500[1].jpg (57KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
samsung_alias_2_big1-462x500[1].jpg
57KB, 462x500px
>you will never have this
>>
>>46848220
>>feel physically ill by all of the proprietary bullshit and unremovable bloat
Then flash with a custom rom
>>
>>46848551
my friend had one of those, or at least something just like it. it was a while ago so i don't remember. he loved it but he had to send it back because of some recall or something.
>>
>>46848220
>unremovable bloat
You can just root and delete all that in 5 minutes anon, what are you doing?
Why you post like you were a retard instead of asking how to do that?
>>
being this autistic
>>
>>46848595
How is it autistic to want a decent phone with zero botnet?
>>
>>46848617
All mobile phones are botnet. Even old dumbphones can be triangulated.
>>
>>46848380
>experienced computer user
>can't follow detailed step by step retardproofed instructions on how to get root access
You can delete whatever the hell you want. You can even get rid of all the Google bullshit and replace it with open source alternatives if you really want to be a tedious freetard.

It's your own damn fault that you decided to enter into a long-term contract and put yourself in debt for a dumb luxury item you don't need. You easily could've been financially responsible instead and just bought your own damn phone for yourself in cash.
>>
>>46848617
So install aosp, use only apps from fdroid and enjoy your free as in freedom, super shit experience. Who's stopping you asshat?
>>
You could have bought an older phone that Replicant supports.
>>
You must be kicking yourself that you didn't get an iPhone. Rookie mistake. Hopefully you've learned from this experience.
>>
>>46848639
>actually using the phone with a carrier
>not using wifi+voip service through a proxy
>not using a prepaid plan with fake information if you need to use a carrier
>>
File: 1424157883557.jpg (109KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
1424157883557.jpg
109KB, 394x394px
>iit: retards

I'm complaining that I NEED to root it to own something I bought. If I don't, I have to deal with all kinds of predatory software trying to sell me shit that is unremovable. Hence, you don't own your phone. Smartphones are literally paying to be advertised to.

>>46848228
Moto X 2nd Gen.
>>
>>46848747
So you're complaining that the product isn't as you want it out of the box. Sounds like you want a Jolla phone.
>>
>>46848747
>moto x

That's stock google experience as pure as it gets, just with some motorola apps added.

Other phones have more shit built in.

>>46848747
nothing's trying to sell you shit, dude.
>>
>>46848664
apps from fdroid are literally higher quality than most things on google play

I don't understand how that's a bad thing.
>>
>>46848747
>I'm too dumb to install the software I want on the hardware I bought. Let's blame everyone but me.
>>
File: laughing-whores.jpg (113KB, 389x251px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-whores.jpg
113KB, 389x251px
>He didn't buy an iPhone.
>He thinks he's smarter than everyone else.
>>
What's with all this shilling in this thread?
>>
>>46848813
worst post in this thread so far, maybe im being trolled but i dont think so
>>
>>46848846
Since he's complaining about being locked into a system, how does buying an iPhone help with that?

I know you're trying to make le epic joke, but it makes so little sense.
>>
>>46848881
It's just faster and better and superior in almost every way to the competition.
>>
>>46848551
I had the first one, and my sister had that one. Great phones for the time.
>>
>>46848881
see
>>46848406
>>
>>46848747
As long as retards think the shit being sold to them is something they want it's going to stay that way. It's going to stay that way. Everyone in my house but me uses Google Play. Ugh.
>>
>>46848927
How is iOS both removable and not proprietary?

The problem you have is that you just don't actually understand what OP is talking about. He's talking about ownership of the device in the entirety, you own both the device and the software on it with the freedom to do what you want on it BECAUSE YOU PAID FOR IT.
But that's not what you get, and with iOS it's even more locked down and even more restrictive.

Your points are right to you because you're too stupid to understand what OP is talking about. You appear to be a kid born in slavery who never understands a live beyond the chains.
>>
File: 136215913.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
136215913.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>OP believes hes important enough for anyone to actually care about how he uses his phone

If anything theyre sending some low level usage data
>>
>>46848996
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
That's why you only buy phones that you can install custom ROMs onto.
>>
>>46848996
Holy shit shut up...
I bet you're streaming anime to your ubuntu android firefox phone using an app you developed yourself because FREEDOM
... or you wish you could. Really you're just another butthurt fag with a riced out android. Go post in a wallpaper thread loser.
>>
>>46848333
If you're buying from a company that physically destroys part of your phone when you decide you want to modify the software then you are an idiot.
Stop buying from those companies.
>>
>>46848747
That's like bitching about how laptops have bloat preinstalled on them. Everyone installs a clean OS, so why do you have a problem doing that on your phone?
>>
File: th.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>46848996
>>
>>46849126
>Everyone installs a clean OS, so why do you have a problem doing that on your phone?
No they don't
>>
>>46849126
>That's like bitching about how laptops have bloat preinstalled on them
huh? laptops do have that? and that is a bad thing?
one of the reasons i got a macbook tbh
>>
>>46849191
>macbook
The operating system is the bloat.
>>
>>46848406
His wallet is ready, brain dead, arms are heavy
There are shills on this tread already, iSpaghetti
>>
>>46848220
Is the liquid smooth ROM any good for the Moto X 2014?
>>
File: 1415045663147.jpg (196KB, 1308x1636px) Image search: [Google]
1415045663147.jpg
196KB, 1308x1636px
>tfw got iPhone 4S when it came out
>cool gadget that combined my iPod and phone together
>iOS gradually went more and more to shit
>got 5S when it came out, thought the new model would fix my issues and that my 4S was just old
>it was just as bad
>sell it to some dude in New York and use the money to pay ETF with Verizon
>buy flip phone from WalMart, pay $30 a month

Best tech choice I've ever made
>>
>>46848572
>we need to recall these phones or no will buy our shitty new lineup
>>
>>46848220
I done told you m8

now just use it for bluetooth internet sharing and basically never touch your phone like I do.
>>
>>46848334
>not everything has to be open source

if you want a nonfunctional piece of shit and be controlled by corporations, sure.
>>
>>46848228
>>46848747
>>46849126
>>46849191
It's a bit different in that mainly, every laptop can be wiped clean easy and have a vanilla OS installed on it, and I don't know any laptop that doesn't give you root OOTB.

Not to mention, that you can install a variety
>>
File: questionable.jpg (35KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
questionable.jpg
35KB, 177x278px
>hate the interface, everything is counter intuitive unless you're the target retard audience
Wait, so you're saying you have difficulty using something that was designed to be so easy to use that even a retard could operate it?

What does that make you?
>>
>>46849064
>>46849110
>>46849163
Unable to make an argument, so ad-hominen time.
>>
>>46848220
>>feel physically ill by all of the proprietary bullshit and unremovable bloat
looks like you don't really know how to use it properly and remove all that bb
>>
>>46849407
Annoyed.
An easy to use interface isn't necessarily a good one.
>>
>>46848747
>root it to own something I bought. If I don't, I have to deal with all kinds of predatory software trying to sell me shit that is unremovable. Hence, you don't own your phone. Smartphones are literally paying to be advertised to.
just like you don't own a pc or a windows notebook until you install your distro on it?
fuck off
>>
>hurr durr just root your phone by using this nonfree software that can do god knows what to your phone
>trust me goy

>hurr durr just install a new ROM which has all the same binary blobs as the factory one

>hurr durr all these things above are acceptable and I'll keep being a good goy by buying phones which I really don't own.
>>
>>46848996
Do you own all the software on your computer?
Hint: The answer is no, unless you've found hardware manufacturers from fairy land that only use free as in freedumb firmware. How do you know the firmware isn't doing anything malicious?
>>
>>46848380
>Much of the propriety software can be disabled but not removed, being a "default app".
>le op guy who think he is the ebin haxxor 1337 but can't even root his phone and use software like titanium backup to remove the bloat
E B I N
>>
>>46849464
What are your grievances, specifically? The interface on most phones is largely the same. On older dumb phones there was just a menu button that would take you to your tools/settings/games. Now there's just an "app" button that does the same thing, and you have the ability to move frequently used stuff to the home screen.
>>
>>46849480
>ROM which has all the same binary blobs as the factory one
>not using replicant
>>
>>46849397
You can install a Linux distro on an Android phone
>>
>>46849515
>yfw replicant is based off of CM anyway
>>
>root
>Use titanium backup
>install "system app remover"
>remove bloatware
>get a privacy guard
>bloack access to personal data, camera, etc...
>enjoy your freedumb
>>
>>46849541
Not all of them, and it's much harder.
Some phones can't even be rooted.
>>
>>46848220
>buy first computer
>feel physically ill by all of the proprietary bullshit and unremovable bloat
>see that my all of my reservations were correct
>you don't own your computer
>your computer exists to sell you shit

I want to go back. I just want to go back.
>>
>>46849621
but it's free as in freedom
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.