[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Google so evil? I can't believe I used to suppor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2

File: Z.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
Why is Google so evil? I can't believe I used to support them.

http://www.windowscentral.com/google-officially-kills-softcard-support-windows-phone

Tell me /g/ why do you support a company like this?
>>
because i can upload 50,000 tracks to Google Play right NOW for FREE!

>>46735119
>>
http://www.neowin.net/news/following-google-acquisition-softcard-terminates-windows-phone-app
>>
Damn. This is pretty fucked up. It's ironic how Microsoft is more open than Apple and Google these days. You'd think they'd get support from most neckbeards but no. All they care about is uploading their anime music to google play. Don't worry windows phone fags, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>46735277
>Microsoft is more open than Apple and Google these days
In what ways?
>>
>>46735162
Why should they support an OS nobody uses?
>>
>>46735318
In every way you can think of. Think about it.
Who has the most applications across all the platforms? The answer is Microsoft. Meanwhile Google is trying as much as it can to lock you in to their platform just like the Apple you love to hate.
>>
>>46735162
>look
>it's some stupid pay by app thing
Just use a different one. It's not like there's just one of these.
>>
>>46735409
>>46735318
I know this might not be 100% related, but the next .NET framework they are working on (not 4.6) is going to be open source allegedly.
>>
all that guy has to do is put his arms together and he will be free

is he ok?
>>
>>46735162
MSFT charges $5 per Android phone from an Android OEM.

This is also the reason there are no official Google/Youtube apps on WP.
>>
facebook is even worse. people use things like facebook and google because they think they don't have a choice. you do have a choice. I try to use google as little as possible. my phone says google services tried to use my location (and was denied) over 800 times in the past week wtf.
>>
>>46735448
He was part of the botnet for too long.
He can't even solve the simplest of problems.
>>
>>46735409
This guy has a point.
>>
>>46735162
Because Windows Phone is irrelevant and deserves to die.
>>
>>46735678
If people like you had their way, IE 6 would still be the only browser worth talking about.
>>
>>46735409
but guugl is enjoyable to use
>>
>>46735678
Why does it derseve to die? Don't you think that you as a consumer you derseve to have as many choices as you want?
>>
>>46735703
Is it my fault that Microsoft entered the smartphone competition too late? No.
Is it my fault WP is shit? No.
If your product is good, people will use it.
That's why people used Firefox instead of IE6.
IE6 was released in 2001. IE7 was released in 2006. That's a five year difference. IE6 grew stagnant, and people moved to other software because IE had become shitty.
>>
>>46735678
This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
File: 800px-OldIE.jpg (37KB, 800x621px) Image search: [Google]
800px-OldIE.jpg
37KB, 800x621px
>>46735776
>>
>>46735776
IE was always shitty. Same with android.
>>
>>46735797
You're free to have that opinion, I'm not going to try to change it.
I agree that Android sucks, but I think it is the least sucky of the major smartphone operating systems.
>>
I don't. I used Gmail back in beta, used Android from Froyo to late ICS, and Google Docs in college when I was too cheap to buy Office, but now I'm on Outlook+iOS+real Office and OneDrive. I know I'm just trading one botnet for another, but at least Microsoft attempts to function properly on other platforms like Google used to. It's still weird to think about considering the roles were completely reversed less than a decade ago.
>>
>>46735831
Which is a really great reason to ENCOURAGE any competition, even if it's by Microsoft.
>>
>>46735776
Fuck I hate people like you. You do realize that without competition companies like google won't feel the need to innovate because they will have all the consumers locked in. In turn technology won't progress past shitty material design animutions and shit like that.
>>
>>46735863
But it's too late

MS are famous for being late to the party but this time they took too long
>>
>>46735863
Fair enough. I just meant that it's irrelevant in terms of users/market share. Few people own a Windows Phone, and nobody wants to develop apps for Windows Phone because not many people have a Windows Phone.
I'll admit, WP is good. It runs well on hardware with low specs, and it's cheap too. If MS hadn't entered the game late, and if WP had more apps, I think it would've stood a chance.
>>
>>46735925
How do you expect it to get users/ market share when you run around telling people that it's shit?
>>
>>46735409

The one thing I loved abut Google stuff was that it all worked regardless of the platform you were on. I could be running Windows on the desktop, iOS on the phone, and Linux on my laptop and all my shit would just work when Google was involved. I miss those days when they are actually competitive.
>>
>>46735217
>because I'll have a service that I'll never fully use!
>>
>>46735970
You can't. It's a vicious cycle.
Users don't want it because it doesn't have apps available on Android and iOS. Apps that are available for Android and iOS haven't been ported to WP because it has no users.
>>
>>46735409
That's true, and like someone mentioned in the comments on that article, they recently bought Minecraft yet they're keeping it on all platforms, Office is available on both Windows and Mac.

Google is trying to lock you in as much as they can, exactly like Apple. Microsoft is different in the fact that, say you have a Mac, you can still use Microsoft's products and a WP phone, or if you just have Windows but you want to use an Android, you can do that because there's Office and a lot of MS apps on Android.

Same can't be said for Google and Apple. It's 100% in or nothing.
>>
>>46735985
it just werkz
no, really
>>
>>46736019

Just like Google Drive just werked on Linux before two weeks ago? Just like Gmail push works on iOS without downloading their shitty client? Just like Google anything works on Windows Phone?
>>
>>46735529
If he has trouble solving Google's captchas, how is he going to solve that?
>>
>>46735999

I just hope the platform sees increased adoption after the success of Windows 10. They just need a decent marketing campaign while everyone is creaming themselves over 10 and the start menu returning and everything.
>>
>>46736042
>Just like Google Drive just werked on Linux before two weeks ago?
The website worked just fine, but there was no official desktop client, if that's what you're talking about.
>Just like Gmail push works on iOS without downloading their shitty client?
I can't comment on this as I don't have an iOS device, but isn't that the way things are supposed to work? Don't you need to download an app before you can get push notifications from that app?
>Just like Google anything works on Windows Phone?
It just werkz (on anything relevant.)
:^)
Shitposting aside, good point.
I wish Google would support WP better, but considering how little market share WP has, it likely isn't worth the effort/resources.
>>
>>46736115
>I wish Google would support WP better, but considering how little market share WP has, it likely isn't worth the effort/resources.

I like how people think a shitty little mobile app for YouTube or Softcard or Gmail or whatever takes any significant amount of resources. You're not going to hire a guy that works exclusively on Windows Phone because you likely already have people that deal with Windows (and probably multiple platforms) all day. People act like Windows is some sort of thing where it's a niche product and no one has any devs already on staff for it. They're purposely doing it, I don't know why people think it's anything different - why even bother to help them lie about it if you don't like Windows anyways?
>>
>>46736115
>but isn't that the way things are supposed to work?

No. Outlook and the other services I use support push natively on the iOS mail app and desktop clients.
>>
>>46736168
>You're not going to hire a guy that works exclusively on Windows Phone because you likely already have people that deal with Windows (and probably multiple platforms) all day.
I'm pretty sure developing something for Windows is quite different than developing for Windows Phone, unless you're going for one of those metro-y windows store apps.
>People act like Windows is some sort of thing where it's a niche product and no one has any devs already on staff for it.
I don't think that employees working at Google use anything other than Android, but I could be wrong.
>>46736202
That's weird, and it definitely sounds like something that shouldn't happen.
>>
>>46735458
This alone is enough to piss off google.
Well at the end of the day it's all business.

And MS/Apple are also pretending desktop Linux doesn't exist.
>>
>>46736252
>pretending Linux doesn't exist
>just expanded Linux enterprise offerings like a week ago

Yeah sure buddy whatever you want to believe. Sounds like you won't be happy until they magically let you run Windows applications on Linux.
>>
The Windows shills in these threads are so obvious.
>>
>>46736202
Lol. This is not Googles fault you tit.
>>
>>46736347

How is it not? Every other service I use supports this no fucking problem except Google.
>>
>windows phone
>mattering

Holy shit might as well get a fliip dumb phone you fucking hippies
>>
>>46736378
They are not responsible for adding support for push in iOS apps they did not make.
>>
>why do you support a company like this?
I want to be on the good side of the future global overlord.
>>
>>46736420
>responsible

No, they don't HAVE to provide a better service than their competition. Why the hell they wouldn't at least try to stay competitive is beyond me though.
>>
>>46736346
>>46736382
Well this thread was nice while it lasted. Seems like the basement neckbeards have arrived. Thank you OP.
>>
>>46736420

I'll never understand people like you. No, they don't have a moral responsibility to implement this feature, but it is worth bringing up when comparing different services. Christ you're dense.
>>
>>46736493
What I meant was that it is not Google that should fix an iOS app to support pushnotifications. Appledevs should just do their job properly.
>>
>>46736493
Kek
>thinking you can have a logical arguement with a gtard.
>>
>>46736546
>gmail push support is entirely on apples end

Oh wow, I didn't know I was speaking to an actual retard. Learn how a service like push support works before making shitposts about it.
>>
>>46736546
You sound like you don't know what you are talking about Jimmy.
>>
>>46735162
>boo-hoo-hoo they don't suéport an irrelevant platform
>dispite I am a fanboy of this shitty, irrelevant platform
>how evil is that?
kill yourself retard.
>>
>>46736646
Do you love IE 6 as well?
>>
>>46736634
He is right though. Check your facts
>>
>>46736646
Obvious troll is obvious.
>>
>>46736673
Why would he? IE6 is shitty and irrelevant too.
>>
>>46736697
Because if everyone agreed with his logic, IE 6 would still be the browser everyone used, despite how shitty it was.
>>
>>46736716
That's fallacious
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.