[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raspberry Pi 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: RaspPi2.jpg (3MB, 4224x2394px) Image search: [Google]
RaspPi2.jpg
3MB, 4224x2394px
Whats /g/ thoughts on the Raspberry Pi 2? I just got mine and its awesome, you can really use it as a mini Desktop now.

Do /g/ faggots still hate on this piece of hardware? I realize the first model was slow but this thing is a speed demon!
>>
>>46705670
friendly reminder how stupid the people are who use this piece of shit
>>
I actually ordered one along with some class 10 sdcards and I'm looking to make a rather small htpc to stream movies through plex

http://www.amazon.com/FLIRC-Flirc-Raspberry-Pi-Case/dp/B00PVKL21A
>>
>>46705710
What's stupid here?
>>
>>46705754
Apple-tier overpaying
>>
>>46705670
F E M I N I S M
E
M
I
N
I
S
M
>>
>>46705670
I got one of the old model B's and I thought it was fast enough, I just didn't really have any use for it.

Like, it was a decent desktop replacement since I've stopped playing vidya, but I already have a desktop so that doesn't really matter. It's nice to have a backup in case this one ends up down for repairs, but that's about it.

On a semi-related note, are you using raspbian and if yes is racket in the repos? I'm thinking about digging my rasp pi out and using it for the SICP since my desktop is finicky with linux and am too lazy to check myself.
>>
>>46705847
>On a semi-related note, are you using raspbian

No Arch fag here, it is in the repos though here. Installing Arch shouldn't be too hard, its available off NOOBS, just grab the NOOBS network install cause you need Ethernet to install Arch Linux anyway. Arch Linux comes with no installed GUI but there are guides floating around the net, I am sure you can find one.
>>
>>46705779
It's a limited edition of 10 boards of something that was a phenomenon. It probably represents a decent investment.
>>
>>46705847

>are you using raspbian and if yes is racket in the repos?

Just checked, and yes.
>>
>>46705670
>thoughts on the Raspberry Pi 2?
It needs a damn PCIe port.
>>
>>46706333
you can just use a usb adapter
>>
File: Look_e59c33_573024.jpg (120KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
Look_e59c33_573024.jpg
120KB, 780x780px
>>46706333
Oh look, its a faggot!
>>
>>46706388
kek sure!
>>
>>46706415
well.. you can? The SD card port is essentially an IDE port too.
>>
>>46706451
you're thinking of CF (CompactFlash), not SD
>>
>>46706333

>It needs a damn PCIe port.

So you can put in a GTX Titan? I don't understand.
>>
>>46706451
Oh I thought you read the other thread, I tried searching a PCIe to USB adapter but looks like they don't exist.
>>
>>46706508
There are a lot of peripherals that can work with PCIe. There are peripherals that attach to PCIe (SATA for example) and make even more peripherals work. It would add a lot of potential to the RPI2 especially since it wouldn't share the same bus as the USB & ethernet.

I'd buy a RPI2 just because it's cheap and it works, but I already have a Cubietruck and Tegra K1 and don't even have a use for those besides NAS and torrent box.
>>
Is it fast enough to run PS1, N64, and Dreamcast emulators now?
I kind of want to make some custom arcade emulation systems/cabinets with them, but it's probably still too slow for that.
>>
/g/ will never undertstand the concept of 'i use x because it has a larger community surrounding it'. for the most part, people here want to own and use useless, esoteric shit, like freeBSD, or tiling window managers, or haskell, or emacs, or fucking chinese ripoff raspberry pis that cost 3x as much
>>
>>46705800
Explain, citizen.
>>
>>46706716
What if we used a riser with USB cable instead? Connecting the cable to a USB port I mean (rather than connecting it to the PCIe adapter).
>>
>>46706088
arch isn't on noobs anymore (doesn't appear to be anyway, didn't actually check) but the instructions on their site are dead simple.

basically
1. partition sd card
2. extract this image to the larger partition
3. move this folder from the larger partition to the smaller partition
4. sync
5. eject card and have fun.
>>
>>46706851
Should be. The Raspberry pi website shows some n64 games and psone games that are supposedly running on it.
>>
>>46705779
>implying limited edition of the first of its kind and overpaying isn't common for everything

fucking limited edition baseball cards, pieces of paper.. go for hundreds of thousands
>>
>>46705779

meanwhile the average rpi can be had for $50

personally I think it's amazing that you can build a computer for less than $150 these days
>>
File: Photo0357.jpg (467KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0357.jpg
467KB, 1600x1200px
>>46707075
Pic is of the latest NOOBS but for the Raspberry Pi 2 than yes you have to format and install it the hard way. The person who I was replying to however has a old model B so pic is relevant.

>>46706851
>>46707100
The PS1 emulated fine on the old Raspberry Pi, I don't know about N64. That was slow as hell and I haven't got around installing the N64 emulator. Also don't know about Dreamcast.
>>
>>46707249
It's not the hard way. It's the 5 minute way. Literally. If your sd card is fast enough that's about as long as it takes. The instructions are very clear.
>>
>>46707217
"computer"
>>
>>46707249
Eh, never really tried emulators on the original Rpi B (256mb). Gave an nes emulator a shot around 6 months after the board was released and that was terribly slow, so I never tried it again.
>>
>>46705670
it has no active cooling and can play games and browse internet and play audio and video and therefore is awesome
>>
>>46707301
You ram split probably wasn't high enough or you were using shit software.
>>
i wonder if it can run starcraft 1, diablo 2, half life 1, fallout 1 and 2, emulate nes snes smd playstation1 nds, league of legends, warcraft 3
>>
>>46707318
It was 6 (or less...I bought it day 1) months in, not a whole lot of optimization yet. Note that at the same time pretty much any video would play without issue. Default split, if it was choosable at that time.

That and emulation is mainly a cpu issue, not a gpu issue.
>>
>>46707360
I heard Far Cry 4 runs very smooth.

GTA V also got confirmed by Rockstar to be running buttersmooth on it.
>>
>>46707360
probably all but the last 3.
>>
>>46707380
so...Raspberry Steam?
>>
>>46707397
Yes, Raspberry Steam
>>
Any way to get a good Netflix experience on these?
>>
>>46707465
Sorry, pleb here. Don't have a netflix subscription. But Kodi (previously xbmc) should have a netflix plugin. Whether or not its any good...I don't know.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.