[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>removable battery >memory card slot >not a phablet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 6

>removable battery
>memory card slot
>not a phablet (no more than around 5 inches)
>decent camera

Not too much to ask right?

Which ANDROID phone made within the past year or so has ALL these of features?
>>
Some samshit
>>
>>45928129
Why can't you use those power juices instead of a second battery?
>>
>>45928185
Autism.
>>
None. Thank Americans and their BIGGER IS BETTER for that.
>>
>>45928129
Samsung have always been alright for me although some will tell you they're terrible. Just get an S5 Mini
>>45928185
It's also about replacing the battery when it starts to deteriorate.
>>
buy the Microsoft Lumia 535
>>
>>45928129
Sony Xperia Z3 compact has all of those besides the removable battery, but it has a HUGE charge capacity to make up for it.
>>
>>45928884
But the screen is a huge turn off
The colors are fucked, just get a z2
>>
>>45928884

>glass spontaneously breaks on it's own
>stuffed with Sony DRM that cripples the camera if you root the device
>>
>>45928129
Acer Liquid E2 satisfies your requirements but it's a bit outdated. The E3 is more recent but doesn't have a removable battery.
>>
>>45928185
>Power juice
Let's have a brick dangle from my phone for a few hours instead of replacing the battery in 1 min.
>>
Galaxy S5
>>
WTF? Why is it so hard to have a removable battery?

Is it just me or has phone functionality gone to shit with the advances over the past 5 years?

I finally got over how phones no longer have hardware buttons thanks to iCancer's influence.

Now Samsung is influencing companies to make tablets that make phone calls. Fuck.
>>
>>45928903
The colors are adjustable. You just look up the correct color settings and you're set.

>>45928944
>glass
Get a tempered glass screen protector or DBrand skin.

>DRM
There's a fix out for 4.4.4 that doesn't cause loss of functionality.
>>
>>45928129
most of them I guess?
>>
>>45929427
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

batteries die on a pretty timely basis
>>
The Galaxy S 5 fits all of those.
The phone itself sucks these days but it fits your weird criteria.
If you wait like a month or two you will have the Galaxy S 6 as well.
>>
>>45928247
>It's also about replacing the battery when it starts to deteriorate.
most batteries are replaceable just not without voiding warranty
>>
>>45928129
LG g3

i know it's 5.5", but it's the same size as every 5" phone (dem bezels)
>>
Not from this year but I have a galaxy note II and it does all of those things, the phablet part is kind of iffy. It works if you have big pockets.

The phone market is 80% fad market and >>45930127. This is proven with the whole phablet deal happening in op's pic and with the new iPhones. May as well grab the old good phones before they all become fashion accessories.
>>
>>45930127
Battery in my 2008 Samsung slider phone works (it did hold 6 days on a charge, now it does 4)
>>
Iphone 6

>removable battery
Unnecessary
>memory card slot
superfluous
4.7" [spoiler]like your penis[/spoiler]
>decent camera
Amazing camera actually
>>
File: 1386005571348.jpg (36KB, 592x553px) Image search: [Google]
1386005571348.jpg
36KB, 592x553px
there is not a single recent smartphone with maximum 4 inch screen and removable battery + sd card
why don't phone companies make those anymore?
I just want a smartphone with
>3.7 inch screen
>removable battery
>sd card
>dual core is enough
>decent rear camera
>available custom roms

>inb4 take a 6" phone, it's barely larger than a 5.5" which is barely larger than a 5" wich is about the size of a 4.5" wich is not much bigger than a 4"
that's what they all said ;_;
>>
>>45930264
>customization
>superfluous and unnecessary
>>
>>45928129
gonna have to get a superior windows phone op, sorry to break it to you.
>>
>>45930172
what sucks about the s5? I use it and have no complaints.
>>
>>45930294
s5 is a meme phone
>>
>>45930281
>there is not a single recent smartphone with maximum 4 inch screen and removable battery + sd card
nokia lumia 530
>>
>>45930236
Not a G3 user here but it's practically the same size as S5 with a much larger screen. I personally own a note 3 and i can easily cope with the size of it, while i get all the benefits that you have mentioned.

Also i use the pen on a daily basis so i don't feel like i wasted money for it instead of the G3.

>dat amoled screen
>dat battery life
>pen windows

Although the G3 is better designed then the recycled samesung i kinda got used to having the physical buttons.

Again back to op's topic get a S5 or a G2\G3 or maybe some wangblows phone (735 is pretty neat for the price).
>>
>>45929944
Mind linking me to said "fix"? I want to root an Xperia Z3 Dual and a Z3 Compact. How do you root on a locked bootloader?
>>
>>45930313
hm
it actually looks quite good
but I'd rather have a phone where I can put custom roms on, so I don't have to use googleapps
I guess I'm forced to use a microsoft account to use the lumia?
>>
>>45930294
Okay saying it sucks is a bit unfair, but it's outdated.

The screen is not anywhere near as good as the current gen SAMOLED (see Note 4).

The SoC is just a higher clocked Snapdragon 800. The GPU in the 805 is much better and the 810 seems like it will blow everything out the water in every single way.

The camera is good but lacks OIS, and it's not top of the line anymore.

The speaker isn't that great.

Only 2GB of RAM when 3GB would improve performance.

A lot of the gimmicks don't work that well (finger print scanner for example).

16GB phones need to die. 32GB should have been the minimum like 2 years ago.

TouchWiz is... well TouchWiz.

It should have wireless charging by default. Not just because I really like wireless charging but also because the stupid flap is a pain in the ass to deal with.

For fuck sake Samsung why did you have to add that thing that marks your phone if you install third party ROMs?

If it makes you feel any better, I can make a similar list for all phones on the market right now. Like I said in another thread today I think all phones on the market has serious flaws. The Note 4 is the least flawed phone on the market right now.
>>
>>45930364
http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/xperia-z1-z2-z3-series-devices-drm-t2930672

I don't have a Z3/c so I can't speak to the authenticity of the fix. I'm a little concerned about the poster not being a native English speaker, but whatever. I'd recommend waiting for Lollipop if you can. I'm just happy that a workaround is possible.
>>
>>45930392
>The Note 4 is the least flawed phone on the market right now.
You mean Nexus 6.
>>
>>45928826
Andriod
>>
>>45930463
>Mediocre Battery
>Mediocre Camera
>Bad Brightness levels
>>
>>45930392
"outdated" it's not that old, hell it's still a decent phone for the price.

I really don't understand why people need some much CPU power on phones snap 800 is really solid chipset whilst running 1080 is enough.

Although a lot of the things you mentioned are quite true by today's standards with phones like the Note 4 and Droid turbo shitting all over it.

Then again there wasn't much advancement in phones since the S5 came out back in April.
>>
Galaxy s5
>>
>>45930476
Wrong
>>
>>45930463

Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>45930225
literally every component on every phone/machine/system is "replaceable" depending on how hard you work. If it takes an hour and specialty tools, it's not anything worth noting.
>>
>>45930545

No he isn't. You have no clue, do you?
>>
>>45930545
prove me wrong, and base your comparisons on the Note 4 since that's its main competitor.
>>
>>45930575
>permanent touchwiz

Note 4 isn't even a competitor. Kill yourself and your family you fucking shill.
>>
>>45930589
You're just moving the goalposts now. Touchwiz is no longer a glaring disadvantage and with the Lollipop update it will surely get better
>>
>>45930626
Get a real job you fucking lowlife shilling sack of shit. I fucking hate you.
>>
HTC one m8
>>
>>45929069
this
>>
>>45930665
nice argument you have there
>>
>>45930281
If you buy a phone with a big enough memory, the removable SD part won't matter.

Does OPO have a removable battery? Regardless, you can replace batteries but they'll void their warranty which you're spray already doing by installing a custom ROM.
>>
>>45930725
What arguments do you have, "John" from "Washington"
>>
>>45928129
Fairphone
>>
>>45930764
>removable SD part won't matter
for you maybe, I still prefer being able to use and swap sd cards
and opo is far too big
with removable battery I mean like back in the day, you know, pop off the battery cover and take it out
I don't want a 2mm thick smartphone with an 5" screen
but thanks
>>
>>45930264
>>removable battery
>Unnecessary

Until your phone freezes up and you have to wait till the battery runs out before it finally turns off. Knowing Android this isn't exactly rare.

>>memory card slot
>superfluous

Yes good goy, store all your data in the cloud.
>>
>>45930313
>5 MP camera
>4 GB on board storage (not too bad since micro SD slot)
>no LTE
>480x854 resolution

2/10, would not even consider
>>
>>45930827
note 4 is better than nexus 6 in every way
touchwiz argument is bullshit
note 4 can get stock android through cstom roms
nexus 6 can't get touchwiz
>>
>>45930863
he recommended an iPhone 6 goy

iOS always just werkz, no freezing or hanging ever. fucking idiot. That only happens to korean samshit and lagdroid.
>>
>>45930879
no one wants touchwiz though

but you're right, I would greatly prefer a note 4 over a nexus 6, but a Z3c over both because I don't like fuckhuge phones
>>
>>45930863
Hold power button for 4 seconds and any android phone will power off, regardless of software state. You obviously don't know shit about android.
>>
>>45930921
>prefer z3c
>I don't like fuckhuge phones
does not compete
z3c is fuckhuge
>>
>>45930934
Doesn't work on my phone.
>>
>>45930665

Someone got their jimmies rustled XD
>>
>>45930947
..Z3Compact is 4.7 inches bro. That's small as fuck for a modern phone.
>>
>>45928129
you only get garbage plastic if you use removable battery. GET HTC ONE M8 A PREMIUM PHONE
>>
>>45930961
Then you can't count to four.
>>
>>45931009
Actually it just restarted but it took like 20 seconds. Oh well.
>>
File: 1406920595741.jpg (80KB, 900x994px) Image search: [Google]
1406920595741.jpg
80KB, 900x994px
>>45930990
kek
>That's small as fuck for a modern phone.
I know, but that doesn't make it less fuckhuge

I guess I'll just have to buy a nokia or sony ericsson dumb phone
>>
>>45930463
The Nexus 6 is shit.
Worse battery life than the Note 4.
The screen is God awful. Really really awful. The brightness is pathetic and the color accuracy is horrendous.
The camera is mediocre.
No removable battery.
No microSD slot.
Huge (even compared to the Note 4)
>>
>>45931051
Nokia 301
>>
>>45931099
Nobody cares what you think assboy.
>>
>>45931106
yeah, I already thought about that, they look nice
But I keep on looking, it'd be nice if I could use whatsapp on it
>>
>>45928129
OPO
>>
>>45931150
http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/s40/21099118
>>
the S5 is a cuck phone
>>
File: fairphone20150104.jpg (984KB, 748x2627px) Image search: [Google]
fairphone20150104.jpg
984KB, 748x2627px
Because pictures.

>Fairphone
>Front camera: 1.3 MP for photos and video calls
>Android OS (4.2 Jelly Bean): With a special Fairphone interface
>Dragontrail glass: Durable and scratch-resistant
>qHD display: 4.3 inches of touch-screen fun (960×540 pixels)
>Headset jack: Great sound from a variety of formats, but you’ll need to supply your own headphones.
>MicroUSB: Charge your phone or transfer data using a standard microUSB cable. We don’t include a charger on purpose – you probably already have the right one at home.
>Fully connected: GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, plus an E-Compass and Gyroscope.
>Speaker: Great sounding music and videos, even if you forgot your headphones.
>Rear camera: 8 MP for photos and video calls
>Dual SIM: Easily switch between two providers – great for travel or if you need a separate number for work. It also increases the phone’s potential for re-use in developing countries.
>MicroSD: Add up to 64 GB of additional memory to save lots of extra apps, photos and entertainment.
>Removable batteries: Extend the phone’s lifespan or boost your power when there’s no time to charge. It also makes recycling easier.
>Conflict-free tantalum: The tantalum in our capacitors is extracted from coltan sourced from Mai Baridi, Kisengo and Luba – conflict-free mines located in the northern part of the Katanga Province, Democratic Republic of Congo.
>Conflict-free tin: Our soldering paste uses tin from conflict-free mines in the South Kivu Province, Democratic Republic of Congo.
>Mediatek 6589 Chipset: Quad-core CPU for faster processing and full HD video playback and recording.
>16 GB internal storage: For music, movies, apps, games and more + 1GB (RAM)
>Root access: Ships with root access, so you’ll immediately have superuser access for more control over your phone and what’s running on it.
>>
>>45931177
daaamn
I think I mixed up 301 and 108
thanks
if my current phone breaks I'll buy one of them I think, I have a htc one v at the moment
>>
>>45931212
I have a Z3 Compact.
>>
>>45931209
>Jelly bean
>>
>>45931209
>£699(+VAT)
>>
>>45929427
1.) Planned Obsolescence.
2.) In the race of thinner and thinner phones, with completely insane minimal chipsets that Apple is leading having a removable battery that is both (a) safe and (b) won't fuck the phone on routine maintenance is near impossible.

Look at iFixit's teardown of the iPhone 6. No fucking way you can add a battery slot without adding thickness to the phone that won't also expose the other silicon controls.

People have spoken, they would rather have thinner & lighter phones rather than a removable battery.
>>
>>45931209
That phone is shit in pretty much every single way unless you care about things like "conflict mineral free"
>>
>>45931246
ok
too big
>>
File: HXoUSnfSsMOlk12j.jpg (1MB, 5006x3755px) Image search: [Google]
HXoUSnfSsMOlk12j.jpg
1MB, 5006x3755px
>>45931306
This is the ENTIRE iPhone 6 Motherboard. You can hardly see any of the green base layer on the iPhone 6 ship compared to >>45931209, and its directly exposed next to the battery. To have a safe removable batter you would need to cover it which would make it wider. Not to mention directly behind the batter is the screen, meaning you would need to cover that too (more thickness).

Extensible storage? Theres no more fucking space for a microSD IC on here, look how much the goddamn space MICRO-SIM card takes up compared to the rest of the board. All this to toot their own horn about how thin the Apple is.

The economy has spoken, and it clearly values thinness and weight over removable batteries and extendable storage. I imagine Samsung made similar moves for similar reasons.
>>
>>45931417
>meaning you would need to cover that too (more thickness).
>more thickness

>implying that's bad
>>
>>45928129
>using a phone without a keyboard
just buy Blackberry :^)
>>
CES starts this week, loads of new phones will be announced. You can also check out some chinkphones, I believe sharp has some phones that they only sell in japan that have all your features
>>
>>45928129
>removable battery
>memory card slot
>decent camera
>hardware keyboard
>water and dust resistant

fix'd
>>
>>45931167
This
>>
File: micro-nano-sim.jpg (96KB, 593x445px) Image search: [Google]
micro-nano-sim.jpg
96KB, 593x445px
>>45931417
Meant to say nano-sim, picture for scale.

>>45931439
I never said it was bad. What I said is the general public overwhelmingly prefers a thinner phone vs. having a removable battery.

If you are in the business of selling phones and you want to sell more of them you would look at the fact that marketing can spin thinness as a features, but not the same about a removable battery.

What percentage of buyers actually care about a removable battery? Its a lot less than the "general public" who will be sizing up any android purchase to the specs of the latest iPhone.
>>
>>45931417
>I imagine Samsung made similar moves for similar reasons.
But Samsung didn't do that. Samsung's flagship phones still have both removable batteries and micro SD. They manage to be very thin and light despite having this. "derp there is no space for microSD!" is a really shitty excuse. The only reason why there isn't any space for it in the iPhone is because Apple didn't make any space for it. They could have if they wanted, but they didn't.
>>
>>45928129
>2012+3
>still not using superior microsoft products
but it's forgiven, there are more than enough idiots on /g/ without the slightest clue about technology
so why start complaining
>>
>>45931483
this
>>
>>45930291
>>45931507
OP here.
Sorry but I hate windows phone OS aesthetics. I prefer Android's simple, traditional desktop-like UI to the gay ass try-hard metro tiles.

But you know what? Fine. I might willing to settle. So what are the windows phones that that meet my requirements?
>>
>>45930934
>Hold power button for 4 seconds and any android phone will power off, regardless of software state.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.
>>
>>45932444
So Android has no reliable method to hard reset the OS? That's like the most basic thing.
>>
ELLL BAIIIIITOOOO
>>
>>45932609
The last time my samshit froze completely, I tried holding power down for 60 seconds. Nothing. Yanked the battery.
>>
>>45928129
The Korean G2
>>
>>45931492
>care about a removable battery
Anyone that's swapped batteries to a fresh one b4
>>
>>45932378
>gay ass try hard metro tiles
lolwut? the WP UI is one of the best things about the OS, it actually looks like it belongs in 2014. and the Lumia 735 fits your description ,or maybe the 830 if you can afford it.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.