[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are they so perfect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_00563.jpg (367KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_00563.jpg
367KB, 1024x768px
These headphones are flawless, let's have a ATH M50 appreciation thread. Share stories and mods you have done with your M50s.
>>
I have ATH m50's and brought them with me to college.

My tech illiterate roommate uses them without my permission and blasts music through them thus damaging them.

He also steals my socks and I do nothing about it

I've been cucked by my roommate.
>>
>command key half depressed
>>
>>45663573
I regret buying these over the HD598's every day I wear them. They literally squeeze the shit out of my head and make my ears super hot and burn with pain after 1 hour of continuous use
>>
>>45663573
Do they eventually stop pressing on your head? I'm hesitant because it might not be comfortable for me.
>>
>>45663678
>Do they eventually stop pressing on your head?
nope
>>
>>45663661
oh and I replaced the stock pads with velour ones and it still hurts like a bitch
>>
>>45663678
unless you have a giant balloon head these are super plush.

>>45663661
you must have a big head, the hd598s have shit tier comfort and are meant for really really tiny headed people.
>>
>tfw bought the long cord versions

Holy fuck I hate these things
They sound so good but the cord makes them almost useless to me

I will sell them for $60 if anyone here wants to buy them
>>
>>45663707
>you must have a big head,
nope, average head.
>>
I got these today and i compared them to my friend's HD800s and the M50s rival them with clarity and sound stage. Where the m50s surpass them is the bass quality. No need for expensive amps either. 10/10.
>>
Had the m30x really didn't like the clamp so returned them and got the akg q701, quite satisfied with sound and comfort (after I modified the annoying bumps)
>>
>>45663737
Should have gone with m50s, you kinda dropped the ball when you purchased the q701 instead. Money down the toilet when you compare sound quality and accuracy. The m50s are monitors while the quincy 701 are just for looks.
>>
>>45663678

I've had mine for almost two years now and I never really found them uncomfortable ever, let alone now.

That said, I'm going to eventually upgrade. Probably gonna get a Schiit stack + HD598s. I don't really care about muh bass because I mostly listen to classical and experimental music.
>>
>>45663762
Didn't like the clamp like I said, forgot to mentioned I tried the m50s and m50x at friends house, I prefer a more open sound rather closed and ones that don't hurt my head due to the clamp of them after an hour. I am fine
>>
>>45663776
They're called schitt for a reason. Shit audio. Why even bother.
>>
>>45663796

Nice meme.

>>>/hpg/
>>
File: IMG_20141109_174447.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141109_174447.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
My cable broke so I did the detachable cable mod. On the inside it doesn't look the greatest but its sturdy and clean on the outside so I'm happy.
>>
M50s lack mids. I say this after owning a pair for ~5 years.
Although I'm glad I bought them, there are a lot better headphones out there
>>
i prefer ad700x because i have a huge head
i'd choose 900x instead but im poor
>>
>>45663710
Dude, I have a big head and they are so comfy I wear them for hours on end.
>>
They start to hurt my ears after awhile, but they are very nice.
>>
>>45663573
I own a pair and they hurt my ears and/or head from the headband.
They sound good but they hurt.
I will be replacing them. Kind of lame since I owned a pair before this one (they broke) and those never hurt. If anyone has any recommendation I will welcome them with open arms.
>>
>>45664344
Same
>>
HD650 > all else under $1000
>>
People complaining about head pain are faggots, they sound awesome and are pretty comfy. Best thing about them is how resistant they are. Mine have only gotten ugly full of scratches and stuff but they still sound perfect.
>>
Anyone own the M40X/M50X?

I'm just wondering what the stock earpads are like, size-wise. I dislike when they sit on my ears (rather overear) and I am looking for something portable to wear on the bus.
>>
File: takstar.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
takstar.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>45663573
These are the best headphones under $100
>>
>>45663707
HD598s are super comfy.
M50s are head clamps.
>>
Im kinda confused by all these people saying that the m50s press your head hard. My friend has a pair of m50xs that are only a month old and they would probably fall off if you leaned all the way forward. They sit on your head more than they clamp the sides.
>>
>>45663709
Replace the cord, then. Or do detachable cord mod.
>>
>>45665762
This.

I'm not a huge-headed neckbeard though. These are headphones for people, not /g/ posters.
>>
The M50's and their derivatives are uncomfortable, overpriced headphones with overpowering bass responses that cover up their shitty audio quality at all other parts of the range.

There are better headphones at almost the same price point or even cheaper.
>>
>>45666848
>being this upset over not having a pair
>>
>>45666875
>not knowing what comfortable actually is
>using a product that is uncomfortable despite your acknowledgement that it is, for the "sound quality" that is bested by other cheaper and more comfortable options

I am really happy I got rid of mine
>>
>>45663573
>ath-m50
>babby's first headphones
>>
>>45666895
Shut up fag.
>>
>>45666938
>resorting to name calling because you don't have any better justification for using shitty products
>>
>>45666943
>m50
>shitty
lol why ar eyou eve nsaying this?
Do you love Obama or some shit?
>>
>>45666965
I already went over this. See >>45666848

Again, bringing up politics doesn't justify using overpriced and poor quality products
>>
>>45666981
Enjoy your thinkpad fag.
>>
Any advantage to the M50x over the normal M50s other than the detachable cable? Considering getting one of them. The detachable cable is nice, but if they are otherwise identical, I may air on the cheaper side.
>>
>>45667012
>implying I would buy a thinkpad

>>45667019
That's the only advantage. But please, don't buy M50's or M50x's. They are really quite uncomfortable and overpriced.
>>
>>45667044
Enjoy your macbook fag.
>>
File: DSC_0251.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0251.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
sockmod here
personally, i don't find them really special
any eq presets for general listening?
>>
>>45667044
As a headphone novice, I'm open to hear pitches for other brands. I just head the M50(x) talked up around here with a decent frequency.
>>
>>45663832
Would you say there's anything better at this price range though?
>>
>>45666848
this

overhyped poo, shills pls go
>>
General consensus on M30Xs? I was thinking of getting a pair.

Anything else better in that price range?
>>
>>45663661
they don't hurt my head by i also regret buying them since sound is average imo. I just use them in my amp whenever i play guitar at night now..
>>
>>45666848
>There are better headphones at almost the same price point or even cheaper.
>But I won't mention any.
OK.
>>
>>45667075
What is this "sockmod'? My pads are starting to crack and I need to replace them or do something cool like put socks on them like you.
>>
>>45667079
I bought a pair of Harman Kardon CL recently. Sound great, but lacking in treble punch [EQ goes here] and soundstage is pinch. Those are the only areas of concern, sonically. Comfort is dece for an hour, then unless you bend the steel headband, it'll hurt.

Removable cable with mic and headband are nice, and they're light and look sexy instead of embarrassing.

For $80, they're amazing value, and I have a feeling they'll respond beautifully to an amp.
>>
They sound good and get the job done.

I like em.
>>
>>45667264
Well, you could just buy a pair of velour pads, but here, in a third word country, we don't have many velour pads available.
It's quite simple, cut a pair of socks and 2 slices of cardboard so as to make 2 circles.
Put the shit together, there you go.
Also, try to make the inner circles bigger than the circumference made by the pads. This is done in order to make the ear fit more comfortably.
>>
>>45663602
Grow some balls. You're a grown ass man.
>>
>>45663678
Unless you have the body of a fragile, undernourished, coke and ecstasy addicted teenage girl these will fit your head perfectly. If you are a man with hair on your face and testosterone flowing through your veins then these will be uncomfortable as shit. They squeeze the shit out of your ears, but you get used to them after a while. Don't get them.
>>
>>45667225
M30Xs are shit
>>
>>45667332
What country are you in?
>>
I bought someone a pair of ATH-M40X for Christmas.

The design, that two detachable cables, the fact that they collapse, the soft case, and the build quality convinced me to pay a bit more than I wanted to ($99). Even the box looks great.

I hope they like them.
>>
>>45667249
Brainwavz HM5 and/or NVX-XPT100 are both better and much more comfortable options
>>
>>45663573

Are you that Croatiafag od nekidan?

Also, where did you get them?
>>
>>45667372
The thing is though I hate confrontation. What should I say to him? I don't want to come off as a dick or anything.
>>
>>45667409
Argentina, you can actually find pads, but it's not one click free 2 day shipping
>>
>>45667469
>M-m-master please stop stealing my s-socks. My feet get cold.
>>
>>45667469
Hide them and buy him a pack of socks for Christmas?
>>
i cant believe people buy these when the MDR V6 / 7506 exists
>>
>>45663709
im interested
>>
>>45667587
They're don't look as good.

That's about it.
>>
ive got a pair

amazing quality
fucking hurts my head after a while because of how tight it is and wearing glasses doesnt help
>>
>>45665237
I have the m40x. The inside of the earcups is ~53mm. I have normal sized ears they're pretty comfy.
>>
>>45663602
>...blasts music through them thus damaging them.
Does this really damage headphones?
>>
>>45663826
Why the fuck didn't I think of that?

A50 owner for about 3y now. No regrets, it was a huge step up from the crappy headphones I used to wear. The thing that prompted me to upgrade was a failure of the wire where it enters the headphone.

It's like the parable of Sam Vines and the boots. (The one where the poors can only afford $10 shoes that wear out in a year, but the rich buy $50 shoes that last a lifetime, such that the rich pay less for shoes than the poors.)

But $20 headphones usually die in 1-2 years. $100+ headphones live for 5 years and pay for themselves after that. The fact that they sound better is just a bonus that you get to enjoy for free.

But when, not if, the strain reliefs on these ATH-M50s fail, I am so doing that. And I am still never going back to cheap headphones again.
>>
>>45663573
They sound OK. One of the pads went to shit on mine.
>>
>falling for a troll thread
Kekles
>>
I really like the sound of my m50 but it clamps like a bitch, got velour pad and I can put them on for more than one hour now. I think they are perfect for outside use but now I'm fantasizing about dt 880 with an O2/ODAC setup for home use.
>>
>>45667545
>M-m-master... Dobby wants socks for Christmas... Dobby's feets get cold and needs socks for winter. Please don't take Dobby's socks, master.
>>
Whats a better first buy HD 598s or AKG Q701s?
>>
I got my ATH-M50s last Christmas. My only complaints are: the cable is too long (didn't get the M50x, shame on me); and it starts to hurt for me after about an hour. But I'd rather be in pain and have insane audio quality than normal and using Beats.
>>
>>45667847

Thanks for doing that for me, they sound like a good pair of headphones for me then!
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.