[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here technologically normal? I don't mean technologically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: normal.gif (3KB, 422x300px) Image search: [Google]
normal.gif
3KB, 422x300px
Is anyone here technologically normal? I don't mean technologically normally skilled, I mean that you don't care about the GNU "freedom" cult. Do you use whatever OS or software is convenient? I saw a thread on here today with OP freaking out about installing some Java app on his PC because he thought it was a "botnet." That's just fucking sad. The guy obviously didn't know enough about software to check himself, yet was opinionated enough to be into the whole "freedom" anti-botnet stuff.

Apple, Linux, GNU, Google, and Microsoft all make good stuff depending on what you need. Do whatever makes you happy, but please don't turn this board into pol 2.0 for technology. If you're more concerned about the political background of your software and hardware than its performance you are a hipster, just like those douchebags at starbucks who buy "fair trade" coffee and practice "ethical" capitalism even though that stuff costs more and/or is inferior in quality.

I am going to release my first apps under the BSD license, and /g/ will give me shit when I tell them about it. Don't do that. The BSD license is what I want to do with my software, and that's fine. You can criticize my software practice, but don't start droning on about how I hate freedom and how GLP is the best thing ever. It has many flaws and is not appropriate for every all software. After I get a reputation, I plan on releasing under standard copyright like this: © Anon 2014 all rights reserved. If you steal my stuff under either license, I will go after you. If you live in the first world, there's a good chance I will get you caught.

You respect my practice and I will respect your practice. I have no time for respect when it's a one way street.
>>
>>45456853
Can't tell if copypasta or not...
>>
>>45456853
nice try shill
>>
>>45456853
I didn't read all that shit because I figured you were just bitching about nothing.
>>
>>45456880
Keep pol on pol.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>45456853
>but please don't turn this board into pol 2.0 for technology.
there's nothing wrong with /pol/ except the jews and brownshits on it
>>
>>45456853
the whole freetard act is satire, don't pay attention to them
>>
>>45456891
>shills only browse /pol/
>>
>>45456853
The "butt nut" thing doesn't have anything to do with freedom or whatever. rms himself disagrees with it. It's just a gay fetish hidden into a meme that memekids in a "technology" board would adopt.
>butt nut
Most buttnutters are Windows users too.
>>
>>45456901
>>45456891
>>45456904

>Keep pol on pol.
>>>/pol/

>>45456902

Not true. Every board uses that as a cover to hide their bullshit, but when the news stories come out that conflict with their ideology they all jump on Twitter and start posting with their real faces.

>>45456923
Butt nut thing? What are you talking about?
>>
>>45456853
you sound like a huge cunt no lie
>>
>>45456937
Why would a "freetard" use twitter. Your ranting makes no sense.
>>
>>45456937
>Butt nut thing? What are you talking about?
Botnet.
>>
>>45456948
Keep pol on pol.

>You disagree with my extremist, fringe political ideas? You're a cunt/shill/Jew/faggot/nigger and you should be hanged on the day of the rope.

It's scary how much this place reminds me of pol sometimes.
>>
File: 1403165397573.jpg (433KB, 700x970px)
1403165397573.jpg
433KB, 700x970px
>>45456853
you sound like a high school science teacher with a centipede mustache who always refers to his students as "folks" "like come on folks"
>>
>>45456960
>Why would a "freetard" use twitter.
Do you think "freetard" means basement autist with no friends?
>>
>>45456974
like"come on folks"*
>>
>>45456960
Reddit/Twitter allow fake names and proxies.

>>45456961
Oh, well then it's just the, "I was only pretending to be a retard" lie that people repeat when they get caught being stupid.

>>45456974
>antisemitic caricature of Jewish man who has made all of our lives easier

Keep pol on pol.

>>45456982

No. A freetard is anyone who drinks the GNU koolaid.
>>
I use OSX/python pandas when I have work with larger datasets, MS Windows/Excel for small, complicated analyses.

The open source tools are better for users that aren't retarded, even if they're not terrifically technical in the first place. I would still rather do everything in python, though.

Op, use whatever works best, but lean towards OS tools, and life's going to be okay.
>>
>>45456997
>Oh, well then it's just the, "I was only pretending to be a retard" lie that people repeat when they get caught being stupid.
No. I'm not a buttnutter. I'm just saying most of them are Windows and IE users who like memes. Freetards are a whole different lot of people altogether.
>>
>>45457014
I use lots of OS tools.
>>
>>45456997
Daily reminder that facebook is a surveillance machine. Don't use it if you don't want to be part of the surveillance machine.
>>
>>45457062
I know it's a surveillance machine. It's a great aide to law enforcement. I like it.
>>
>>45456974
What were these drawings for, an art class?
>>
>>45457084
Enjoy exhibiting to your voyeur overlords.
>>
>>45457149
Enjoy being a weirdo.

>Hey Anon, do you have Facebook?
>>No.
>Why not?
>>MUH FREEDUMB BOTNET JOOS RMS = 2ND COMING OF JESUS INSTALL GENTOO
>Okay Anon. See you later.
>>>later...
>Omg, Anon is kind of cute, but he's an opinionated asshole and he doesn't even have Facebook. I guess I will date Chad instead. He likes the same music as me! I know this because I read it on his Facebook page, which is set to public because Chad is such a confident, open guy.
>>
You faggots saged when you replied, didn't you? Fucking echochamber loving fags.
>>
It's really best to not take anything you read here to heart and just do as you please. You're the one using your computer, not all of /g/, and as such you should be deciding what hardware and software you want to use based on your own wants and needs.

It's fine and even a good idea to consider the opinions and perspectives of others, but don't go so far as to let others decide things for you. You've got a brain that's capable of higher functions, use it.
>>
>>45456853
OP, this is the intelligent and rational way to think. Unfortunately, for the people here to feel better about themselves, they embrace in cult worship to be different.
Come to /g/ to be entertained or don't come at all. Ignore the groupthink.

>>45457188
Here's how it works for me
>hey anon, do you have facebook?
>no
>why?
>I have issues with some of their business practices
>oh okay
And then they'll ask about it or we change the subject and continue on with our lives. Have you been outside?
>>
>>45457188
cool story bro. now try mine
>hey anon, what's your facebook
>Sorry, but I don't have an account
>I like my privacy and Facebook's mission is totally antithesis to privacy
>If you like, I can send you my public PGP key and we can exchange emails.
>>
>>45457253
Your response is fine... except for the last line. That last line will get you a weird look, a nerd label, and an immediate loss of interest with anybody outside of IT.
>>
File: butthurt everywhere.png (102KB, 442x363px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt everywhere.png
102KB, 442x363px
>>45457242
>>45457253
>>
>>45456853
>implying I want people to judge me for my shit tastes

I know what I use is shit. I don't need some fuckwit on /g/ to confirm it for me.
>>
File: 1334947232211.png (186KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1334947232211.png
186KB, 300x360px
>>45456853
I'd say the vast majority of /g/ is "technologically normal". Going full freetard is simply an easy way to troll.
>>
>>45457295
I know. If they're using Facebook, there's a 99.99999% chance that the idea of PGP has never entered their mind before.
>>
File: D54G7bD.jpg (695KB, 2252x1689px) Image search: [Google]
D54G7bD.jpg
695KB, 2252x1689px
>>45457344
>>
>>45456853

I can't even tell if this is bait anymore

anyway, I want neo-/g/ and the normalfag cancer to leave
>>
>>45456891
>tfw when niggers also are on /g/
nice try jamal
>>
>>45457014
Osx python and pandas is a great combo. Have you used IPython?

The ironic thing is that all these things have BSD like licenses, they are corporate friendly open source. Furthermore the same people who go on about freedoms tend to look down on easy to use tools like pandas (who not just use c?). Toy are actually the normal fag that op describes
>>
File: TempleOS_1.png (10KB, 640x480px)
TempleOS_1.png
10KB, 640x480px
>>45456853
i think the templeOS guy is posting on /g/ again
>>
>>45456853
No one here actually believes any of this, is just a big ol' meme in case you haven't caught on yet.
>>
>>45457426
>Arbeit macht Spaß.jpg
>>
>>45456853
>Do you use whatever OS or software is convenient?

But proprietary software is never convenient, OP.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.