[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The future of online communications.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: Tox.png (18KB, 1358x522px) Image search: [Google]
Tox.png
18KB, 1358x522px
The future of online communications.
>>
>>45423691
Fuck off with your insecure shit.
>>
Only for pedos.
>>
LMAO not when it's as insecure as skype kiddo.
>>
>>45423794
>>45424081
What do you guys mean by insecure?
>>
>broadcasts your IP so everyone knows where you live
No purpose whatsoever.
>>
>>45424290
> Because you can track someone to his home via ip.
Retard.

>>45423691
I like Tox but too less users.
>>
Daily reminder that GNU/Linux leaks your IP to any website you visit.
>>
>>45424332
blame sqAutism
>>
>>45423691
But tox?
>>
>>45423691
tox is kill, firefox is gonna kill this shit software.
>>
File: free-tard.png (186KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
free-tard.png
186KB, 1368x768px
>>45424344
Is this actually working?
>>
>>45423794
>>45423870
>>45424081
>>45424207
>>45424290
>>45424332
>>45424344
>>45424346
>>45425861
>>45425886
>>45426148
Welcome to the Technological Age. I loved the era of TV over the Air, Rotary Phones, Imprinted Swiped Credit Card use, Analog communications, etc.
>>
wait so does this have group audio yet or what?
>>
>>45427048
Since like last year or something
>>
>>45427166
yeah bullshit, does it have it or not?
>>
>>45427190
Since like last year or something.
>>
>gives your IP to every single person you add to your list

no thanks.
>>
File: tox-is-not-anonymous-at-all.png (106KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tox-is-not-anonymous-at-all.png
106KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>45427659
top kek, implying it's hard to get an ip from skype
>>
What happened to Antox? I saw the lead dev guy say he was going to work on antox 2.0 but is that really the reason it disappeared the way it did? And how is Antox 2.0 coming along anyway?
>>
>>45427659
Just like literally every non-centralized software, chat or not. I bet you never use torrents either!
>>
>>45427048
>>45427166
>>45427190
>>45427370

It got group audio chat three weeks ago.

One-on-one audio is what we've had for quite awhile.

>>45427755
Astonex stopped for personal reasons, not because he was deprecating his code.
>>
>>45428564
>It got group audio chat three weeks ago.
>
>One-on-one audio is what we've had for quite awhile.

fucking thank you
>>
>>45428564
Astonex stopped because of stqism.
>>
>>45428564
When Tox first started, I felt bad because I couldn't contribute but I really wanted to. But since then, I've learned Java. I just realized I can help now. I don't know how to develop for android though, any resources available? I know the language and coding theory well enough, but how do I interact with the Toxcore API and Android and all that? If someone could help point me in the right direction, I'd like to help with Andoid development. Should I fork Antox, start my own, send pull requests, or what? I don't really know the situation here
>>
>>45428787
Antox was actually re-written into Android-Scala rather than Android-Java. It's rather similar tho.

Most of its issue were actually a result of jToxcore, so if you're comfortable enough to try working on the Java wrapper for a C library...
>>
ITT people who don't understand p2p software
>>
>>45428849
I could probably learn. Not sure if I can take all the time in the world off to work on it but I'll be especially free over the summer and probably for a while afterwards. I could study and make small contributions in the meantime
>>
>>45428952
If you're a student you could try applying for GSoC.
>>
>>45428990
Do you think Tox could get into it again this year?
And yeah I'll consider it
>>
>>45429034
It depends. On one hand, Tox has made a lot of overall progress on the core and {u,q}Tox. On the other hand, last GSoC, some students barely did anything and some that did never got that code actually utilized.
>>
>>45429065
I know
We'll see what happens. In the meantime I'll study jtoxcore and everything else. Stqism isn't gonna bully me, is he?
>>
>claims to be secure
>every gov agency knows how you are talking with
topkek
>>
>>45428787
>>45428849
The wrapper Antox used is deprecated and doesn't build against Tox anymore. Tox4j is the new wrapper that's being worked on right now.
>>
>>45429182
security ≠ anonymity

Tox is secure in that it uses asymmetric keys with forward-secrecy. Its P2P, decentralized nature makes direct connections mandatory — since, y'know, that's how P2P works — but you are free to use it thru Tor if you like.

>>45429199
Thanks, haven't been keeping up with anything but the core and qTox tbh.
>>
>>45427755
I want to get around to Antox 2.0 at some point but I have no idea when. University is giving me a lot of work and I have a part time job cause I gotta get money for dem hoes somehow.

Antox 2.0 will keep the same UI (I'm literally just going to straight copy the UI code and look at cleaning it up), but I'm going to completely redo the internals. Anyone competent would realise just how shit the antox code is. There's a reason there's so many bugs in antox.

>>45428724
I've always been at ends with stqism and I don't like him. Our personalities clash and he's just too much of a normalfag for me. I feel like the position he claims for himself does not match the amount of work he actually does for Tox. I can't speak much however, as I do fuck all either. I've stopped caring what stqism does anyway, not my problem.

>>45428787
Google's own android tutorials and docs are great and is where I learnt the majority of my android knowledge from. Just go through them step by step. Antox is currently in scala but if you know Java you'll know scala just by reading it. I wouldn't recommend it as a good base to work from though as mentioned above. You should also be using Tox4j. It's the new Java wrapper which is a lot better than jToxcore. It's still a work in progress but there's enough there for you to get started with. You can always catch me on IRC in the Tox channels if you have any questions with android development (nick is astonex or softkitty)
>>
>>45430079
>Antox is currently in scala
For what purpose
>>
>the future of leaking your IP
>>
Please stop with this "leaks your IP" meme, it's very annoying.
>>
>>45430079
Instead of making an own app, you could add support for the tox protocol to other popular open source instant messengers like Conversations (https://github.com/siacs/Conversations), Jitsi (https://github.com/jitsi), ...

This could boost popularity quickly and make it more acceptable.

It's up to the maintainers if they want to support it or not. Better ask them first.
>>
I really tried switching to tox.

Everytime I tried it didn't work, either crashes or video problems.

Seriously man
>>
>>45433768
nigger, it's alpha software.

if you are not some stupid fagget you are going to report the issue to the devs so they can fix it.
>>
>>45423691
I'll switch when I can sync all communications on multiple devices. Until then, not worth it. Also waiting for a client to implement screen sharing. And none of my friends use it. It's still better than Skype, though.
>>
Considering no one uses it, it's only future is a fruitless attempt at marketing on /g/
>>
Solution to IP leak problem:

TOX devs make a little server that you deploy on a VPS that relays the encrypted messages to/from the user's client.
>>
>>45435401
Tox has more users than jitsi.
>>
>>45435362
what is Syncthing.
>>
File: skype.png (67KB, 1207x1023px) Image search: [Google]
skype.png
67KB, 1207x1023px
>>45423691
what is the best client on windows ? last skype version made us cry blood. Pic related.
>>
>>45427671
are they claiming that it is?
I believe the only thing claimed by them is that nobody can listen on your conversation and that they don't need a dedicated server infrastructure.
>>
>>45437621
using qTox and it's fine. sadly they still lack a lot of features and/or options. also audio quality isn't that great as it doesn't seem to employ any echo or back coupling reduction
>>
File: Toxy-WPF.png (36KB, 720x671px) Image search: [Google]
Toxy-WPF.png
36KB, 720x671px
Can Tox users test my new audiobot, over at [email protected]?
It supports A/V groupchats and everything, just send 'help' or 'info'.

>>45437621
Toxy, obviously.
>>
>>45437621
i like the new skype ui, with split windows mind you

except for the massive waste of space due to huge amounts of whitespace
>>
>>45424290
This is such a stupid argument said by those who have no knowledge in the field of networking or computing. For you to send a message to someone you have to know their IP address, there is nothing shady about that.
If you don't want your IP to be broadcasted disconnect your router from the internet.
>>
What am I looking at?
A rip off skype?
>>
>>45438580
Skype copied Tox
>>
>>45438456
you can't be serious. It's an horror. every message I get I feel like I should kill someone. and when someone just send me
:)
I imagine it with a knife trying to kill me. I'll never go back to skype.
>>
>>45438665
I guess it copied more than tox, because it actually has people using it.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.