[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /g/ I bought this today from a fucking grocery store (Smiths/Kroger).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: _DSC3208.jpg (171KB, 1500x972px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC3208.jpg
171KB, 1500x972px
So /g/ I bought this today from a fucking grocery store (Smiths/Kroger).
It was $9.99 + tax.
I know it's a really bad Chinese CDMAids phone locked to fucking "Kroger i-Wireless" but like...
I'm just amazed what this thing is capable of for $9, not as a phone but just a device itself.
Here are the Specs:
Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core 1.2GHz
Adreno 305
512MB of RAM
4in 800x480 LCD
2mp camera with LED flash
Notification LED.
MicroSD card slot.
Anyways It's just awesome to me you can buy something for $9 and be able to browse the web and watch YouTube and listen to music and shit on it.
Like a fucking homeless guy could buy this to look at CP on it or whatever.
>>
File: _DSC3217.jpg (183KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC3217.jpg
183KB, 1500x1000px
>>
put cp on it and give it to a homeless guy
>>
>>45378895
It's the gift that keeps on giving.
>>
>>45378850
it's very likely going to break within a couple of months so that's nothing but garbage
>shit on it
that is exactly what these devices are made for
>>
>>45378850
>I know it's a really bad Chinese CDMAids phone locked to fucking "Kroger i-Wireless" but like...

You can now unlock phones for free, legally, and must be provided support in doing so.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-113publ144/html/PLAW-113publ144.htm
>>
>>45378953
It's CDMA man.
It cannot be used on GSM networks.
It can't be unlocked.
>>
>>45378969
>It cannot be used on GSM networks.

I know that.

>It can't be unlocked.

(Citation needed)

What frequencies does it use?
>>
>>45378997
It's not capable of GSM at all man.
When I said it can't be unlocked I more meant it can't be used on other CDMA carriers like Verizon or Sprint.
Please learn what CDMA is before posting anymore.
>>
>>45378997
retard it doesn't have a sim card. what are you doing to do? reflash and use it on verizon or sprint or something?
>>
>>45379011
its not a phone if it doesnt have a sim slot
>>
>>45379010
>Please learn what CDMA is before posting anymore.

I know what CDMA is.

I'm just wondering what frequencies it uses, as there may be another carrier which uses it, and therefore you could unlock it and use it on their network.

>>45379011
I know, it's not a GSM phone.

>>45379028
CDMA a phone too anon.
>>
File: 20e.png (4KB, 244x226px) Image search: [Google]
20e.png
4KB, 244x226px
>>45379028
>>
>>45379035
You don't "unlock" CDMA phones you have to flash them to another carrier which probably won't work for this chink shit.
>>
>>45379010
>He thinks you can't switch between CDMA carriers

If your CDMA phone has a radio that operates on the right frequencies you can take said phone into your CDMA carrier and have them activate it on their network. Trouble is that the major CDMA carriers don't use the same frequencies so you can't take your Sprint phone over to Verizon or something. But yes you absolutely can unlock a CDMA phone and use it on another network.
>>
>>45379056
This.
>>
I'm not sure what frequencies it does but Kroger i-Wireless is probably a Sprint MVNO.
Here's some specs from CPU-Z.
>>
Not sure why it says the board is some Vodafone thing lol.
>>
>>45378850
it's mind blowing that you can buy an android smartphone for ten dollars, imagine what the manufacturing cost is at this price point. pennies on the dollar.
>>
File: 1249897548280.png (246KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1249897548280.png
246KB, 576x432px
>>45379148
>5.8" screen
>480p
>>
>>45379185
It's 4in.
Just an incorrect spec.
>>
Was it a black friday deal? If not I'm going to go to the Smith's right next to my house tomorrow and buy one of these so I can fuck around with it.
>>
Is the Kroger Coolpad the new Moto G?
>>
>>45378850
$10 smartphones might be a joke now, but it's a reminder that one day in the not-so-distant future, you'll be able to purchase devices in the same tier as the Moto G off-contract for prices south of $50 or even $35 while high end devices top out at $200-$300. The age of stupidly expensive mobile devices is steadily coming to an end.
>>
>>45379720
Yes
>>
tfw no Kroger Coolpad
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-11-25-17-06-19.jpg (48KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-11-25-17-06-19.jpg
48KB, 480x800px
I picked up an LG Tribute at Fry's the other day for $40. Snapdragon 400 quad core, removable battery, microSD, 4.5" 800x480 IPS panel (fucking thing gets crazy bright), yes it's CDMA from Sprint but I wasn't planning to use it as a phone actually, just a media device on the go since it's infinitely superior to any iPod touch or something similar for anywhere near the price. Wolfson DAC for awesome audio quality, it's fast and snappy and the price was crazy low so I grabbed one.

It's basically a Moto G LTE (2nd version, not the updated 2014 model)) with the best parts of the Moto E (removable battery, microSD, etc) and it works great.

Insane fucking battery life too... as pictured, almost 8 fucking hours of surfing, benchmarks, watching videos (4 TV shows and a 2+ hour movie) and it was still going when I snapped the pic at about 3-4%.

And that's on the pure stock ROM (no bloatware at all), if it gets root at some point and a custom kernel, geez, I can see this thing doing 9+ hours of SOT easily erryfuckinday.
>>
>>45379185
kek'd
>>
You got a quad core phone for $9?

Fuck.

Anyone wanna link me to that shit?
>>
>>45381545
It's a dual core
>>
Holy fucking shit, it would be awesome if you could just tear the phone apart and use its parts
Instead of buy a Bluetooth receiver, a high density touchscreen, a WiFi radio, etc for muh arduino I could just buy one of those
>>
>>45381555
give me the link

or else
>>
>>45381658
or you just keep the phone intact and get a bluetooth shield for your arduino
>>
>tfw can't buy a smartphone for this cheap in the UK
>>
>>45379148
the smart4 is a cheap phone that vodafone put out a long time ago, it's pretty much as basic as you can get really.
>>
>>45378850
wait. $9.99 WITHOUT a contract or any other catch? like legit $9.99 + tax and walk out the store with it without paying a cent more afterwards?
>>
>>45382974
https://krogeriwireless.com/shop/plans

looks like it comes with a plan but the website a shit so it's hard to tell what the terms are.

fucking kek if this is another murrican "this is phone is so cheap!!!!11" thread. yurop (not yuropoor because most of usa is damn poor compared to the better parts of europe) has had minimally priced phones with contracts since 5ever
>>
File: well fuck you.png (98KB, 679x589px) Image search: [Google]
well fuck you.png
98KB, 679x589px
>tfw no smith/kroger near me
>>
>>45383274
I smither you mom's kroger last night, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>45383255

Its locked to a prepaid carrier, you can stop paying eith no consequences except your phone not being able to use the cellular network, then if you wanna use it again, just pay the for another months access, usually like 40 bux. There is no contract.
>>
op, that is actually pretty neat. I appreciate your thread. Im actually serious. Have a nice day.
>>
I think it's just an extreme Black Friday deal, the MSRP is $99
>>
>>45383431
Sauce
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.