[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am fucking overwhelmed.... I am trying to ascend to master

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

File: 1411360310287.jpg (53KB, 480x353px) Image search: [Google]
1411360310287.jpg
53KB, 480x353px
I am fucking overwhelmed.... I am trying to ascend to master race /g/ and I am just totally flabber gasted.

I feel like I have too many options. I hate all these options for master race PC's. I just want a decent PC that can play most games on moderate to high at 60 FPS.

However, I don't have so much capital.... I don't have a good desk, I have no monitors.. no fucking operating system(Windows 8.1 costs like fucking 80 bucks?)

WHat can I do?

Also, is it a good idea to go piece by piece or buy it all at once? Like where the fuck do I start? WHERE TO START? I am on logical increments but then someone on /v/ told me logical increments is dog shit.. others say its godly.. What to believe?

PLease help. I am on a 200 dollar dell laptop right now.
>>
>>45370536
>/g/ master race
>gaymen
>going to /v/
no bro.
>>
Use PC Part Picker.
Pirate Windows 7.
Buy a single 1080p monitor, shit's cheap and still good.
Intel and Nvidia for gaming, GTX760 will do you just fine.
8GB RAM.
Go for one of the cheaper i5s.
>>
do I want a full tower or mid tower? See... these are the fucking choices I am talking about.
>>
>>45370536
>one person on /v/ says logical increments is shit
yeah, just stay with it. It's /v/ you're talking about
>>
>>45370804

well most of them seem to be master race PC owners... they obtained said PC's somehow right?
>>
there is so many fucking choices... I am on PC part picker right now and I just can't decide... like I don't want to purchase old equipment etc.

Its very confusing. I also don't want to spend over 1000 dollars for the whole KIT. As in monitor, actual computer and operating system.
>>
>>45370833
Keep researching.
I went at it for about 2 weeks before I decided on my first build.
>>
Like do I go with AMD or Intel? Nvidia? I am so confused....
>>
>>45370833
>operating system
shit's free yo
>>
>>45370895

>using linux for gaming

are you retarde?
>>
>>45370820
/v/ users are retarded.
>>
>>45370924
> buying Windows

Hehe... Stupid goy.
>>
>>45370924
>not pirating Windows
>>
>>45370965

does pirated windows allow you to do windows updates and such?
>>
>>45370993
Do some fucking research before asking stupid questions on /g/.
>>
File: 1416454039002.jpg (483KB, 1203x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1416454039002.jpg
483KB, 1203x1280px
>>45370536
I'll make it simple:

-Pirate windows 7, burn it to a DVD
-Intel if you have money, AMD if you don't
-Nvidia and Radeon are exactly the same besides which gimmicks you want, get either EVGA, Sapphire or ASUS, don't get a shitty cheaper one like Zotac or PowerColor
-PSU: Seasonic or BeQuiet, make sure it's 80+, don't cheap out
-If you want fans get Corsair or Noctua
-You don't need water cooling
-You don't need fast RAM, don't buy one 8GB module, buy 2x4GB
-HDD: Samsung SSDs are cheap and awesome, don't buy Hitachi, you don't need more than 2TB for storage, get a WD or a Seagate Barracuda
-Motherboard: Gigabyte or ASUS only, do not buy MSI.
-Don't forget to redeem your game vouchers
-You don't need anti-static gloves
-Use the pea method if you apply thermal paste

My personal favorites:
-CoolerMaster 212 EVO, $30 CPU cooler.
-Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, was $90 last I looked
-Kingston RAM
-Corsair SPEC is a really good $50 case
-A Sapphire 270X with an FX6350 will run 90% of games in Ultra at 1080p with the AA turned down
-A 750ti is the ultimate low-end card
>>
You start by determining your budget. Logical Increments has sections for monitors and mice too. Beyond that, use a little common sense. Do you know enough to overclock? No? Then don't get components meant for overclocking (unlocked processors, third-party coolers, cases with a dozen fans). Do you care about posting battlestation pics on 4chan? No? Then check craigslist for people putting shitty desks on the curb and go carry one home.

Don't buy the computer itself piecemeal. Make a plan, take a day to reflect on it and then execute. You can pick up little shit like furniture and peripherals as they become available.
>>
you are obviously looking for /v/, which is there -----> r/pcmasterrace
>>
>>45371068
>-A 750ti is the ultimate low-end card
270s are equally "ultimate" for equal or often lower price.
>>
>>45371102
>using Radeon for gaming
>>
>>45371102
A 270 is more expensive than a 750ti here, and the 750 uses a lot less power.
>>
>>45370588
>recommending Nvidia

Get a load of THIS faggot. Unless you have over $300 to spend on the GPU alone, you shouldn't even consider Nvidia. Their price/performance is shit.
>>
>>45371113
>>
>>45371122
I don't know where you live, but come visit us in the land of reasonable prices and cheap electricity. No man should have to live like a savage.
>>
>>45371141
I have a 270X myself, it's a little pocket rocket.
>>
>>45371068
>-A 750ti is the ultimate low-end card

It's only good if you have shit PSU. A 260x beats it for cheaper.
>>
>>45371197
Yeah but you can pay less for your CPU, a lot less. That factors into the price.
I'm not being an insufferable faggot and including the electricity bill like some people who fuck their own sisters do.
>>
>>45371216
*PSU
>>
There's websites where you can pick your parts, they will build them for you and send it to you
>>
>>45371216
Electricity tends to be pretty cheap in places where people fuck their own sisters. Something about all of that coal and very few schools ends up propping up the power industry. And incest.
>>
>I hate options
Go buy a Mac.
>>
>>45371135
>not recommending Nvidia
>muh flops which don't result in better real-life performance
>muh heater
>muh 300W power draw

Radeon a shit.
>>
How's this for a budget mini pc?
Sick of my gf using my computer
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tXGq7P
>>
>>45370536
>paying for an OS
That was a good one, OP
>>
>>45371340
>http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tXGq7P
Grab an ssd
>>
>>45371483
I don't think she will need one. Doubt she'd use up 1tb hard drive and loading speeds won't be a big deal for her
>>
>>45371318
Oh no, my PC will cost 10$ more per year to run
>>
File: alingment_zimmerman.jpg (115KB, 670x670px) Image search: [Google]
alingment_zimmerman.jpg
115KB, 670x670px
does anyone have any ideas on which case to pick?

I will explain what confuses me mostly.... Buying a case, motherboard and CPU. THose 3 things confuse me alot because there are a lot of choices.

Here is what I would like to ideally do with my computer

Stream video games on twitch
Play most games on medium or high settings
I find I like the processor intensive games more than anything?
>>
>>45371717
question. Will you add any Pci-e cards such as 2nd GPU?

If not, go for mITX
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tXGq7P

is this actually a good build? SOme guy posted it in this thread... its actually right in the price range of what I wanted to spend on my computer. I am wondering... would this be easy to upgrade? Basically, I am looking for a entry level computer with room to grow. I am afraid of not being able to upgrade is all.

help
>>
>>45371216
It's less than 50 W difference. Don't exaggerate.
>>
>>45371778
I think this is better
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/DtkJRB
>>
>>45372053
>http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/DtkJRB

what the fuck is that case? thats dog shit.
>>
>>45372068
Oh you're one those fags.
Go buy a $150 case with flashy LED lights then
>>
Post a thread on tomshardware forum for details but basically for gaming you want

I5 4440 or i5 4690

Asus gigabyte or msi for motherboard. You don't need a Z board since I doubt you will over clock

R9 280x gpu at minimum. Don't get a 2gb card.

500_600watts from Antec Seasonic XFX EVGA or Corsair AX power supply .

8gb ram 1600mhz min.
>>
>>45372373

case wise.. do I want mid tower or full tower? Basically, I just want room to upgrade.. thats what I really want. Room to fucking upgrade over time. I would happy spending 600 dollars total for the computer itself and then down the line putting more into it.
>>
>>45372395
I've only had two cases. Spec 01 and fractal design core 3000. They were both "mid" towers and they both support full ATX (standard) motherboard sizes. Full towers are fucking huge lol.
>>
>>45370705
Use PC Part Picker. It will help guide you and make sure you don't fuck up buying incompatable shit.

Full is bgger than mid. They are pretty big. Mid is fine for you I'm sure, so either works. Mid = cheaper usually
>>
>>45372373
Haha fuck the r9 280x
There's a 750 ti that does fine for budget building for $100 after rebate
>>
Ok fucker I'm gunna take pity. Give me your email and I'll send you some questions. You answer those questions and I'll put together a part list for you to use
>>
>>45372519

why not post said questions on here so I can answer? OR give me your email and I will email you?
>>
>>45372509
Are you retarded? It's autist parrots like you who help user make wrong poorly informed desicions. If I wasn't on my phone I would take more time to rip you a new one but I cant.

The 750ti is great ONLY CONSIDERING THE LOW POWER DRAW. For the HP bestbuy PC equipped with a 350watt shit power supply the 750ti is a dream come true .

For any real gaming purposes (you are building an entire rig for gaming afterall) you you want NO LESS than an R9 270X (which would wipe the fucking ground with a 750ti). 280 or 280 gives you 3GB of GDDR5 Ram which makes you 1080p future proof a bit. (And at at a good price too). If you have enough dough get a GTX 970 .

Get on toms hardware you will get real help there. It's difficult on 4 chan to get..urrr..clear answers.
>>
>>45372562
Because I was offering to help, not begging to do so, and because I didn't intend to type 50 captures to do so.

If its an inconvenience for ya, then I'm out, enjoy your build
>>
>>45372658
That's a $200 price difference you fucking mongoloid. Of course the 280 is better but talking price for performance because not everyone wants to build a $1200 fkn pc.
>>
>>45372692
:^)
>>
got another question.... Monitors. What is a good brand of monitor? I honestly just want to join the 60 FPS master race and 1080P and such. Which monitor.

I have heard of weird things like vertical tearing and such? What exactly is it?
>>
Just want to jump in to say I was building my own and the parts I used matched up almost exactly with >>45371068 minus the Kingston RAM and a 260X instead of 270X to save dough.

It'll be good to finally get off this 8 year old beast.
>>
>I'm Too Lazy to Do Some Research: The Thread.
God this board has gone to shit
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.