[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help!! Which one should i get the Yamaha HS7 or 5, or the KRK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: krkrokit5yamahahs50.jpg (33KB, 598x455px) Image search: [Google]
krkrokit5yamahahs50.jpg
33KB, 598x455px
Help!! Which one should i get the Yamaha HS7 or 5, or the KRK Rokit 5 or 6 G3?
+ what size do you thing would be best for a small room?
>>
if you get the krks you need to get a sub idk about the yamahas
>>
File: yamaha_hs7.jpg (321KB, 1147x1600px) Image search: [Google]
yamaha_hs7.jpg
321KB, 1147x1600px
I mostly just wanted advice on the size of the speaker, idk if i should get the 5 Inch or the 6,5 Inch, my room is kinda small but still...
Would love some Info.
>>
Both are complete shit if you're doing anything with sound production. & you generally want small sizes for smaller rooms.
So if it's for music then save your money for something that will actually be worth it. At least something with a flatter frequency response.
Otherwise your wasting your money.
>>
I only have around 500 to spend, and they'll be my first monitors, but what do you think about the size, do any of you guys have experience? Because there are 5, 6.5 and 8 Inch, the 8 inch is too big sou i wouldn't buy it, so the good area would be around the 5 or 6.5 Inch, is there a big difference?
>>
>>45312340
theyre both pretty flat and work perfectly fine for amateur production

>>45312411
5 or 6 are both small and will be small enough for a small room, i run krks in a ~12x12 bedroom they dont take up much room but obv you will need a spot to put them so i would worry about where you're actually going to put them not the size of the room

get whatever you can buy cheaper
>>
>>45312411
Go with 5" (even though you never specified how small the room actually is) but your still wasting the money regardless especially if you plan on mixing/mastering they flat out don't work for that type of stuff.
>>
>>45312543
yeah they do you retard they won't be 100% accurate but they're far from flat out not working

you can mix on anything with good ears
>>
>>45312602
For complete shit results they will work.
With good ears you will hear what's coming out of the speakers, they are far from a flat response. & I guess if you're okay with making almost "decent" recordings yes they work, but if you actually have standards and are serious there worth shit.
>>
I listened to HS8 and RP8G2 three years ago at the store, I think they are not very different.
>>
>>45312525
My room is 14x12, and what KRK's do you have? Do they seem to have a lot of bass or just the right amount?
>>
>>45312746
big shot record guy have you even released anything?

i make $20000 a year residual off what ive produced with "shit" speakers
>>
>>45312340
you're money
>>
>>45312930
krks are not very bassy at all they are close to reference monitors so if you want to listen to music dont get them but if you want to produce music do get them, contrary to what elitist retard who doesnt produce music is telling you
>>
>>45313323
I never said niggers didn't exist
>>
>>45313323
Not that guy, but that doesn't mean much.
People still buy Dream Theaters albums although they sound like shit since they're home produced.
>>
does anyone here have experience with the maudio carbon monitors?
>>
File: 8a.jpg (9KB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
8a.jpg
9KB, 300x223px
KRK's are way over rated , i like my maudio BX8a's enough to get the 5a's too, and for size get 8's unless u can afford 5's and a sub
>>
>>45313463
thats not the point its like saying dream theater shouldnt have ever made any music until they could afford a fancy studio which is completely fucking stupid

ive made music on white van speakers that sounds perfectly good
>>
fuck studio monitors

get a good set of Hi-Fi speakers that are actually enjoyable to listen to
>>
>>45313596
hurr yes lets use headphones that will clip the fuck out and be inaccurate as hell when mixing multiple tracks with high levels.
>>
>>45313572
also for anyone that cares the bx5as have a really hardcore "sweet spot" that you have to be in but once you adjust properly its like holy shit these little fuckers are so crisp , while the Bx8a sound really good anywhere in the room and better in the sweet spot
>>
>>45312231
take the rotkit 6 if you have a really big room, even take the 8".

I would only take the 5" if I'd do music that doesn't has lots of focus on bass. But for electronic music the 5" lacks of bass range.

For the Yamahas, they hare a bit milder. The KRKs seem to punch more, which might not be necessarly a better thing. But I like hard electronic music and that goes well with KRK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r1bWPuPpow

But the best thing you can do is actually go into a shop with music you know well on your phone and listen to them there. Thats the best advice one can give you. Everything else is quite the own flavors of 4chan folks and that is quite subjectiv,... as is mine.
>>
>>45313574
>ive made music on white van speakers that sounds perfectly good
Nigga you retarded
>>
this thread is hilarious.

> what size do you thing would be best for a small room?
speakers don't really care about the size of the room. speaker size is a compromise between volume and LF extension vs cost and space. smaller rooms are much more difficult to tame than larger rooms. heavy curtains and furniture help but some acoustic treatment and careful planning go a long way.

> Yamaha HS5
these have a very "smiley face" response. not much clarity through the midrange. they don't get very loud. the HP7 aren't any better.

> KRK RP5
these have a much smoother response than the HS5 but still have a bit of smiley face. they don't have a lot of low end (IIRC they fall off really fast below 80Hz) because they're meant to be used with a subwoofer. they get a little louder than the HS5 but not by much. people blow them up regularly.

in conclusion, they're both cheap consumer products. glorified computer speakers. don't kid yourself into thinking these are "professional" monitors with a "flat response" because they're not even close.

> does anyone here have experience with the maudio carbon monitors?
anything by m-audio is cheap consumer stuff. they don't sound too bad for what they are but you get what you pay for.
>>
>>45313629

hi fi speakers are not headphones

idiota

but yes if you're mixing and u want lots of treble and zero bass for noticing details get monitors

if you want to enjoy music get hi fi speakers
>>
>>45313707
my white van speakers sound really great dont knock china
>>
File: 1416276593948.jpg (24KB, 236x357px) Image search: [Google]
1416276593948.jpg
24KB, 236x357px
>>45313707
why do ppl always bring shit up like this up, yes its possible to make good music on shitty setups, Skrillex made scary monsters and nice sprites on a laptop with one KRK, but its nice not to have a shitty setup, which is what this conversation is about, making a not shitty setup. that's like going up to a contractor using a excavator and being like , "i could dig that hole with a shovel, pussy" its like yea i could too or i can use this hundred thousand dollar excavator cuz i have it and its awesome
>>
I like my BX5 D2's for PC and Wharfedale Diamond 9's with SW150 sub for surround and hi-fi.

Most speakers claim outrageous frequency responses that they cannot meet since the bass drops off sharply (like 10+dB or more).
>>
>>45313889
you mean that at 10+dB, da bass drops?
>>
>>45313889
>skrillex
WABWABWOO WEE WAAAHH!! WABWABWABWABDOOOOOODEEEEEKAKAKAKA!
I wish I could produce the sounds that ableton gave me with such artistically precise execution. Mine sound more like:
>weebloowababababa kooo kaaaa beeebobovovo moomoowabab paah
:'(>>45313889
>>
File: yamaha_ns_10m.jpg (461KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
yamaha_ns_10m.jpg
461KB, 1024x768px
>>45312231
>>45312311
>>45312411
Don't get either.
>>
>>45317594
My nigger!

God i love my Ns-10's
>>
ITT dirtbags trying to figure out how to "make it big" creating "phat beats" with their apple software

Protip: the world would be better off if you got an accounting degree and left us to the perfectly good music produced between the 11th century and 1999.
>>
>>45312231

I have the 8 inch Yamaha.

They sound great, but the bass is somewhat unsatisfying if you're listening on sub-heavy genres like minimal techno and those UK strains of dubstep with sine wave basslines wiggling around 40-50 Hz.

For all other genres they're absolutely wonderful.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 800x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 800x512px
Nah nigga

Jbl lsr305
>>
>>45317594
> closed cabs

Sometimes I regret the ports on my monitors, because they tend to get noisy when I hit the peaks in the bass freqency response.

But I guess I wouldn't have as much low-end when listening to metal and stuff.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.