[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we work in a startup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

"Look at that Highscore I just got at Candy Crush Saga!"
>>
Hey boys, can you finish my code? ;)
>>
File: average day on 4chan2.png (315KB, 407x527px) Image search: [Google]
average day on 4chan2.png
315KB, 407x527px
i don't think this is going to work out guys
>>
"Alright guys, think we have something discuss regarding our product. Would everyone please gather around here? Oh, and Schlomo, would you please stop stealing the vegan dumplings Shaniqua made from the fridge?"
>>
File: agehao.jpg (57KB, 397x393px) Image search: [Google]
agehao.jpg
57KB, 397x393px
>>45309419
WOO, Amazon replied, and they want me to start Monday! Fuck all y'all niggas

>opens can of Surströmming
>Dump onto his own computer, causing fans to spray a fine mist of rotting shark
>vomits from smell
>notasinglefckgiven
>>
I hate the words "startup" and "crowdfunding" so much you don't even know.
>>
I just hope Google will buy us before we have to pay our first rate to the investors
>>
>>45309419
I work at a start up and all my boss does is play video games on his tablet.
>>
This deadline is impossible, I haven't slept in 3 weeks, when will we hire another frontend dev?
>>
NERF WAR!!!
>>
guys, i told you, in the feeling room theres no negativity, only less good feelings
>>
>What do you guys mean we can't afford hire my completely unskilled girlfriend? You guys sexist or something? FUCKING PATRIARCHY!!!
>Having proper plans and development roadmaps is so old school and boring! Let's all work on whatever we want!
>What do you mean she's not qualified for all this database stuff? She's gone trough the codeacademy bootcamp and can do HTML, CSS and Javascript!
>>
hey bros i spent the last week building a score tracker in node.js for the ping pong table go check out my blog for the deets
>>
"Hi, my name is Roquelle but everyone calls me 'Roq' LOL SO QUIRKY"
>>
>>45309419
>Dan, how that report going. The Ministry of Economy auditor is gonna be here in two weeks to check we spent the business accelerator grant properly
>Fucks sake Dan, we told you two months ago about the audit.

I wish this was made up

>>45309514
>startup
Why this one? Crowdfunding I get it or at least I think I do.
>>
docker yaml docker yaml docker yaml docker yaml docker yaml docker yaml docker yaml docker yaml docker yaml docker yaml
>>
>>45310014
>I wish this was made up
What happened afterwards?
>>
>>45310078
We delivered -- barely, but he failed us again. Some time later we disbanded. I left the country to do a MSc (already finished). We're regrouping to give a go again.

Always follow your dreams, if they lead to apparent poorness.
>>
>>45310101
Damn, was he your friend or something?
>>
I just ported our backends from Mac Minis to Mac Pros, high 5 guys!
>>
dude we aren't disruptive enough

let's use node
>>
I work a start up

Good money and easy work
>>
yo why do people call small businesses startups now?
>>
so guys, has anita replied yet? we gotta make this game appealing to the LGBTQIP community you know!
>>
>>45310341
A startup company or startup is a company, a partnership or temporary organization designed to search for a repeatable and scalable business model.[1] These companies, generally newly created, are in a phase of development and research for markets. The term became popular internationally during the dot-com bubble when a great number of dot-com companies were founded.
>>
File: VeganFree_SJW.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
VeganFree_SJW.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
Hey guys, how can we make an app that tracks local lesbian coffee businesses that are gluten free and vegan friendly? I think another implementation should also give the user an option to find coffee shops that support the Social Justice Online Movement as well as the LGBT community.

I'll make a mock up in Ruby on Rails
>>
but I do work in a startup and dont do any of these things
>>
>Hey man you never hang out with us after work.
>>
>>45310389
can you hire me
>>
>>45310380

dude since it's rails we can just go straight to production we are agile we are going to ship it every day

but honestly i think that idea is too small.. i think we should make a lesbian coffee _platform_ that can be used for all the lesbian coffee shops everywhere. with an API!!!
>>
>>45310389
NEETs just making fun of people that get paid well to do things they like.
>>
>>45310389

shh don't interrupt /g/'s bitter tears of envy
>>
>>45309981
>Let's all work on whatever we want!
>yfw Valve essentially does exactly that and now they're so filthy rich they basically don't even have to work anymore, Steam & hats just bring in the money
>>
>>45310425
oh my god that just blew my mind. Let's get that going right away. I need to blog about my excitement over this project. By the way, do you want to grab lunch together to go over the details? I know a place that sells the best free range organic quinoa
>>
>>45310319

are you a rails dev? no trolling, just curious
>>
>>45310405
no, we have a tight budget that I plan to keep

Also as the electromechanical design engineer in charge of all non administrative tasks I can promise you that your never ending supply of chinese cartoon trivia does not constitute a resume
>>
>>45310452
..right.
>>
>>45310002

maybe in one night but no one would spend 2 weeks on this in a startup

by definition there's brand new shit to build for the main app so why waste time on side projects
>>
>>45310468
No. I work in a MEAN stack. I do know rails but never worked in it
>>
>>45310462

>eating solid food

do you even soylent bro?

but i will pair brainstorm with you at 1:45pm
>>
>>45310485
Yeah if it takes you a week to do this you're probably not hirable
>>
>>45310493

cool

happy with mongo?
>>
I'm going to fork this guy's repo and make it gluten-free.
>>
File: Screenshot - 091114 - 21:21:30.png (38KB, 173x172px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot - 091114 - 21:21:30.png
38KB, 173x172px
>>45309419
That image reeks of optimism.
>>
Guys, we've been working on this project for the past two years. I think it's a good time to drop our entire codebase and start from scratch [spoiler]using Angular.js and NoSQL[/spoiler]!
>>
>>45310634

>implying we'd still be alive in 2 years

if we live for 2 years we'll know what the fuck we're doing because otherwise, tits up

i think angular is good for the web app though
>>
>>45310452
Umm... No?

They don't have everyone working on separate projects, they just have a lot of projects going on and the people working on these projects are specifically assigned to them, often even recruited specifically for the project.

Don't confuse a lot of projects for a lack of leadership...
>>
>>45309419
Can't we get some real fucking computers, chairs and desks in here? My back hurts from leaning over on this table all day and these stools suck.
>>
>>45310452
Yeah no.
Just like any other company they assign people to certain projects.
Don't compare a company of 300+ employees to some hipsters in a coffer shop.
>>
>>45310747
unfollowed you on twitter
>>
uuh guys we just got a letter from the land lord. Something about "FINAL NOTICE"
>>
>>45310874
file that under underliverables
>>
>>45309419
So we've got the logo down. Does anyone know how to do the rest?
>>
>>45310921
Sounds like /g/.
>>
>>45310452
You can bet your ass the guys who keep Steam up and running can't go fuck around with 3DS MAX to make TF2 hats whenever they want.
>>
>>45310954
well duh, hats are made by the executive hat creation committee
>>
>>45309908

Is this me ? Dear god my work is killing me
>>
>>45310954
The ones in charge of the Steam Community probably do. That shit goes down all the time.
>>
>>45310525
Underrated post
>>
>>45310425
my sides
>>
>>45310634
Angular is GOAT
>>
>>45309507
>Surströmming
>Rotting shark
Nigga do u even sweden
>>
Look at all this fine pre-existing software that I could contribute to or fork and improve in the face of stubborn autisitc maintainers

I think I'll rewrite it all in an even mix of python and node!
>>
>>45311104
I know, right?
It's finland that's rotting shark. Sweden just rots fish. And it tastes quite good when you put a little on a cracker and eat it with cheese and tomatoes and stuff.
You just gotta be swedish I guess.
>>
>>45310808
>Just like any other company they assign people to certain projects.
Who does, the bosses?
>>
>>45310921
>>45310947
No, /g/ is more like...

We got /gd/ to do the logo for us. Doesn't anybody know how to do the rest?
>>
>>45311168
no /g/ is more like lets just not do anything and instead install linux and customize our desktops and buy mechanical keyboards
>>
lets all just kill ourselves.
>>
File: goodbye_cruel_world.jpg (64KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye_cruel_world.jpg
64KB, 900x1200px
>>45311734
OKAY THEN!!
>>
>>45311168
>>45311659
/gd/ here, you guys let us down :(
>>
Someone give me a hand with this shotgun
>>
>>45311814

Who was phone in that image?
>>
>>45310747
>TFW work for an architecture office and interior designers and 'hip' clients constantly cookblock us with this dumb impractical shit
>>
>>45311907
Why did they remove it!?
This is disrespectful towards my demise.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.