[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lonely programmer thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: sisyfeel.png (93KB, 680x509px) Image search: [Google]
sisyfeel.png
93KB, 680x509px
hi /g/
im a neetfag that spends all day in front of a computer programming

I like having some kind of connection or distraction open so it doesnt feel so lonely all the time. Like a radio station or a stream in the background. I find it hard to focus if I'm not 'connected'

Lately I've been looking for

* chat rooms and for stuff related to software development that I can idle in and have open in the back ground

* podcasts and radio stations to play while i develop (doesnt have to be related to dev but i like talk stations and stuff more than just music)

anyone know what im talking about? anyone have any suggestions for stuff to have as 'background noise'
>>
I'll be your friend if you teach me to code
>>
>>45245477
>background noise

Binaural Beats

http://www.higher-music.com/
>>
>>45245541
is this legit or just bullshit? I always play classical music to improve concetration
>>
>>45245477
>* podcasts and radio stations to play while i develop (doesnt have to be related to dev but i like talk stations and stuff more than just music)
you may not like it and its certainly not /g/ but the sleepycabin podcast is great if you like that kind of humor
>>
I use IRC + Music
>>
idk freechode mb
>>
>>45245508
>>45245508
no
if you want to learn to code:
- create a goal ("i want to create a simple game like pong")
- pick a language
- get busy learning

programming is something you should teach yourself
>>
>>45245576
>programming is something you should teach yourself
this but the hardest thing for me is choosing a project that wont fuck me over in difficulty
>>
>>45245477
why not go on irc? lots of interesting discussion on freenode. or rizon, if you're a weeaboo
>>
>>45245576
now we know why you're alone
>>
>>45245563
op here
which channels? i used to idle on #OpenGL, qt, arch, android-dev but they're all crappy in their own ways
>>
>>45245625
He just doesn't want to waste his time
>>
>>45245631
#scala on freenode, and a couple game related channels.
>>
>>45245555
It actually has a physical effect on me, but it's not what you'd expect.

The next day after listening, my morning wood is really strong. No fucking joke.

---

Binaural beats were pioneered by Robert Monroe who used them to help other people achieve an out-of-body state. I haven't personally used them for this purpose, but I have had an out-of-body experience -- just once, by luck.

---

This is just my personal experience.
>>
>>45245477
>chat rooms
try visiting freenode irc, there are some nice guys
>>
>>45245631
I like emacs and vim
>>
>>45245625
Because he doesn't enter into subservient abusive "friendships"

Also, are you like 8? Who says "I'll be your friend if _____"
>>
>>45245477
game streams?

specifically smaller streams of a few hundred or less where you can actually have a conversation

speedrunning streams are especially good
>>
>>45245776
pretty sure it was a joke
>>
>>45245875
I doubt it. /g/ users are retarded children in fact.
>>
>>45245477
>so it doesn't feel so lonely all the time

Look, being a neetfag is your choice. If you want to explore more, go outside and go work. Being normal is something you should teach yourself.
>>
>>45245576
no wonder you are lonely
>>
>>45245677
I've had 2 astral projections or whatever you call them. I was able to move around my house but I didn't have a body. As soon as I realized what I was doing it freaked me out and I woke up. I rarely talk about it because it makes me seem like I'm fucking weird, though.
>>
>>45245776
OP is looking for chats to idle and learn, why won't he let other people idle while he impart knowledge? he is asking for something he is not willing to give, fuck him
>>
>>45245913
>>45245937
huge difference between answering specific questions and "teach me to code lol"

i honestly think learning by giving yourself a project is the best way to do it, then when you have questions theres almost always someone willing to help
>>
>>45245912
This. Go out, git gud
>>
>>45246032
is just a post, you can easily tell him "okay, here you have this useful videos and exercises, ask me if you have doubts"

i get your point, i learned by myself, yet i have a CS friend who i nag for specific book recommendation time to time, its always useful to have contact with someone better than you, of course you should not abuse his help, but you can't abuse him if he doesn't let himself be abused
>>
>>45245937
He was asking for social groups, not people to become subservient to him.
>>
tl;dr

be a fag, get fagged.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.