[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I messed around with Online Tone Generator and played a 1 Hz.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: one_hertz.webm (800KB, 720x1280px)
one_hertz.webm
800KB, 720x1280px
I messed around with Online Tone Generator and played a 1 Hz. MB42X shown here.

Can we get some more 1 Hz clips here? (Also, would it cause damage? assuming clean sine wave)
>>
You're not getting 1 hz out of that thing. What you're hearing is the cabinet rattling and the driver throwing out all kinds of distortion because you kept turning it up until you heard something and all the shit you shouldn't be hearing is now at an audible volume.

Yes, that can cause damage. Then again you're better off throwing those in the trash and buying good speakers anyway, so I am in favor of this.
>>
I know we can't hear actual 1 Hz. And I didn't hear anything at all when I did this.
>>
>>42910166
who said anything about hearing anything? i think op just likes the way it looks when the woofer moves.
>>
>>42910329
It's not just about having a file that plays 1hz. You need to have a speaker that can actually play it, which I doubt. Headphones usually have a larger frequency response range outside human hearing ability, such as 5hz-30khz. But 5 hz is pretty much the lowest you'll get with any commercial equipment for audio listening purposes. So no, you're not going to hear a 1 hz signal across that shit at all, it'll be other background interference with your connection that you'll hear if you amp the signal up enough. More expensive equipment usually reduces this, making the background more "black," while a lot of cheaper speakers will still give you an audible hiss at normal signal power for listening.
>>
>>42910537
Again, OP never said anything about hearing it. I don't understand why you're so hung up on this.His speaker is clearly capable of playing it though.
>>
>>42910537
>speaker is clearly pulsing once per second
>"HUMAN BEANS CANNOT HEAR 1Hz TONES"
Clearly the driver is able to push 1Hz because you can see the cone flexing.
>>
>>42910708
>>42910592
I didn't say that it was a problem that you can't hear it. I said that speakers can have ranges outside human hearing, but nothing that goes down to 1 hz in response range, especially not OPs speakers.

Do you ever notice why frequency response ranges fall sharply in measurement charts and eventually just cut off in the low and high end? Because they physically can't play them. Whatever is being "played" something else from those speakers.
>>
>>42910166
>>42910537
>>42910841

Go to sleep.
>>
>>42910897

no
>>
>>42910841
>they physically can't play them

Did you even look at OP's uploaded video? The cone is clearly oscillating at 1 Hz. Of course it's inaudible, but it's doing it no problem.
>>
>>42910944
>what is slow motion
>>
>>42911021
You can see the camera shaking from OP's hand. Are you seriously implying he's really whipping it back and forth so that he could slow down something like a 1 kHz tone to 1 Hz and put us all on a ruse cruise to Trollheim?

0/10, apply yourself numb-nuts.
>>
>>42910941
Have a snickers then? You're being idiotic.
>>42911021
then just say OP is lying. don't make up bullshit about "you can't move anything at 1 Hz because that's inaudible and therefore it's impossible".
>>
>>42910841
>>42910537
this probably doesn't fall under the umbrella of consumer audio equipment, but rotary subwoofers can be used for producing subsonic frequencies

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_woofer

you cannot hear this frequencies, but they can be felt
>>
>>42911138
>rotary subwoofers can produce subsonic frequencies
u wot? How can you propagate sound waves below the speed of sound?
>>
>>42911087
>then just say OP is lying. don't make up bullshit about "you can't move anything at 1 Hz because that's inaudible and therefore it's impossible"
>you can't move anything at 1 Hz because that's inaudible and therefore it's impossible

I didn't say that at all. Sure I said it's inaudible, but that isn't why i'm saying his speakers aren't playing it. Its because it's physically impossible for them to. Those specific ones only go down to about 60 Hz before falling dramatically. If you want 1 Hz, you need to spend big money, like I was about to post but anon beat me to it: >>42911138 http://www.cnet.com/news/worlds-most-amazing-subwoofer-has-no-woofer/

Does OP really have that kind of money for this?
>>
Basically he's being semantically rustled by my usage of the word "play". He's correct that the frequency response at 1 Hz is nil since the ability to produce a 1 Hz *sound*, not just moving a piece of thing back and forth, is nil (meaningless volume / sound wave propagation).

Srz, you guys got no pulsating pr0n to post?
>>
>>42911253
I have some webms of a guy pushing his dick into a vagina at 1 Hz...
>>
File: io5lgwr.gif (2MB, 960x540px)
io5lgwr.gif
2MB, 960x540px
A gif from imgur. This was what spurred my curiosity before I owned a pair of speakers.
>>
>>42911214
Didn't read the section, but it looks like its frequencies, not sound. Subsonic just means it moves slower than the speed of sound.
>>
I've been wondering this
What's some stuff that won't damage my speaker and will really get the woofer moving?
What kind of sounds and music would do it?
>>
>>42911372
dub?
>>
>>42911295
can you turn them into a fellatio machine?
>>
>>42911426
"Can you fuck the bass?" - 4chan
>>
>>42911372
just turn bass gauge to full, switch 'loudness' if you have it in your amp and turn on some "super youtube bass test".
That's awkward and pathethic but you want to, erm, watch speaker moving, so that's stupid and you kinda deserve it.
>>
>>42911458
So... can you?
>>
>>42911578
>>42911426
Seems possible with a fleshlight-like design maybe. But aren't frequencies below 20Hz capable of blowing your eardrums out if you play them too loudly, considering most people can't even hear them?
>>
>>42911626
Probably not unless you stuck your ear right up against it, considering that the volume of air being pushed at the speed it's moving at really isn't that impressive.
>>
>>42911626
>you could literally ejaculate from the bass
Why didn't anybody make this yet?
>>
*edit* He beat me to it.

>>42911578
(1) Make an onahole attachment.
(2) Feel yourself grow a uterus whilst trying to stand ground and not be pushed back by a hurricane of bass.
(3). Laugh maniacally and be amazed at your new idea.
>>
>>42911626
you can easily open and close a door at 1Hz, moving a massive volume of air, and your eardrums will be fine
>>
Someone fucking make a bass masturbation device already for Christ's sake!
>>
>>42910019
Yes, it is extremely unlikely that any audio gear designed for listening has the tolerance to go down to 1 Hz safely. It's like playing a 100 Hz signal on a tweeter that's rated down to 1000 Hz. At best it'll produce something super distorted (even if you can't hear it) and will significan't increase wear and tear. At worst it'll just blow it out shortly.

However it does look pretty fun. If it's just a junk driver you don't care about, I'm not seeing a problem here.
>>
>>42911214
I used the word subsonic to mean "below human hearing range"
>>
>>42911918
and I should have said "infrasonic" instead
>>
>>42911918
infrasonic, by the way (just helping you out)
>>
>>42911242
you're confusing audible frequency range with a transducer's ability to move when current is applied to it. try learning some stuff before you embarrass yourself further.
>>
>>42911343
subsonic means you can't hear it. has nothing to do with the speed of sound.
>>
File: Subsonic.png (14KB, 566x285px) Image search: [Google]
Subsonic.png
14KB, 566x285px
>>42913416
You're very wrong. It means both, but why would you ever want to use it to refer to below the audible range when you can use infrasonic without any confusion over the usage of the term.
>>
>>42910537
is this nigga for serious?
>>
>>42911426
fleshlight, surround it with magnets, rig it up so it can only move in/out, put a voice coil around it and drive it some kind of electronics (probably not an audio amp though, you'd need quite a bit of power to get it to move with your dick in it)
>>
>>42911677
it's the amplitude + frequency that's more of an issue, move that door (fully open and closed) at 500hz and you might have some trouble
>>
File: half_hertz_yo.webm (289KB, 1280x720px)
half_hertz_yo.webm
289KB, 1280x720px
Sorry for the horrible looking video (lighting looks all yellow, artifact bomb halfway through, camera pointed a bit to the right, etc.).

Sooo... Here's an attempt at 0.5 Hz. You can see it move twice as slow. Cone movement distance from rest feels (looks) weaker. Probably not good for the speakers.
>>
This could easily damage your speakers. I wouldn't do it.
>>
>>42913484
or we could not care because you have to be retarded to confuse the two meanings in context
>>
This thread is still going?
Don't feed speakers frequencies below their rating. You push 5hz enough your shit will catch fire.
>>
>>42916000
can't see shit captain

I believe you but we can't see your timer
>>
>>42916152
I tried blowing a logitech subwoofer that way, the amp shut off before any damage could be done to the woofer.
>>
>>42916199
Yeah see the point is the amp shuts off because ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT
>>
I'll try. Give me a minute.
>>
>>42916245
I know, that's why I use cheap secondhand amps for it.
>>
>>42916175
you can *just* see the second hand on his watch, though
>>
>>42916268
Waiting for google to throw me a link.
I filmed in 60FPS but youtube a shit so sorry, 5Hz is the best I could do.
http://youtu.be/LkxLZSJUwIU
>>
>>42911295
l...lewd
>>
>>42910537
>speaker that can actually play it

You'll see cone moving at 1Hz no problem on every, even shittiest speaker.
>>
>>42918761
how about a piezoelectric/ceramic speaker?
>>
>>42918761
Not if there is a high pass filter built into the crossover.
>>
>>42919993
I mean, on the woofer, obviously.
>>
>>42911626
>small cone gently moving a little
>blow your eardrums
Come one man
>>
>>42910166
>>/mu/
>>
>>42911253
it moves air, therefore it makes sound
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.