[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How have you improved your FF?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 36

File: mynameisfoxxy.png (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mynameisfoxxy.png
64KB, 600x600px
Let's have an FF tips/trick/tweaks general, more geared towards Privacy, aside from other things, like ads and shit. What add-ons do you use, what about:config commands have you added, any particular URLs that you are actively blocking, etc., etc?

I'll get the ball rolling.

Add the following to your AdBlock filter preferences to never see "Annotations" in YouTube videos ever again. Life significantly improved.

||youtube.com/annotations_
>>
File: gmail.png (202KB, 700x438px) Image search: [Google]
gmail.png
202KB, 700x438px
If you absolutely have to use GMail, then try the Gmelius add-on, if you haven't already. Make your Gmail look clean, and remove all the retarded text adds. Feels good man.

Pic related.
>>
there's a setting in your youtube account to disable the, by default.
see them if you want, don't lock yourself out.
>>
https://github.com/chpii/Headerbar
bretty good
>>
>>42464578
If you have an AdBlock, then there are 3 filter subscriptions you MUST have.

1. EasyList - for general ad unpleasantness online
2. Adblock Warning Removal List - to counter retarded websites who tell you to disable your AdBLock - lel, fuck them!
3. Fanboy's Annoyance List - removes Fakebook, G+, Twitter, etc. share buttons and similar garbage from your online experience. I love this add-on because it's very aggressive. If you are retarded enough to still have a Fakebook profile in 2014, with them selling your information to the highest bidder, and logging all of your keystrokes, then this filter will not work for you, and you should seriously consider offing yourself right this minute.
>>
>>42464637
That's only if you are logged in, or allow cookies, or never close your browser. For an average Joe you'll have to deal with Annotations constantly, The add-on eliminates that need.
>>
>>42464578
>||youtube.com/annotations_
Awesome
>>
Somebody link a youtube video with annotations so I can verify this works
>>
>>42464622
Looks like most of what this does is just block some divs from displaying
Why wouldn't I just do that with adblock?
>>
Dealing with cookies. There are two add-ons that you should consider. One for regular cookies, and another for special long-term flash cookies.

Self-Destructing Cookies will take care of most of your needs. Just don't be a fucktard, who installs an add-on, and does not configure it. Look through options, and maximize add-ons efficiency.

BetterPrivacy will take care of flash cookies, that are sometimes imbedded into your system for a long, long time, allowing tracking. Nope! Never again.

Whitelist cookies that you need in both.
>>
not firefox specific, but this makes browsing noticably faster
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pdnsd
>>
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/google-search-link-fix/
>>
>>42464803
Blocking third party cookies and having cookies cleared on session end seems to be fine and not require addons.
>>
>>42464799
A lot of it can probably be done with AdBlock, but there are a few other options as well that may come handy. For less tech-savvy people, this add-on is the quickest solution.
>>
>>42464860
>For less tech-savvy people, this add-on is the quickest solution
That explains why you're posting it on /g/
>>
Add the following to your AdBlock filter preferences to block Google Analytics:

*.google-analytics.*
>>
>>42464870
I picked up a thing or two on /g/ over the years, and it's been useful to me. I am sure some people will appreciate some it. It's also summer.
>>
>>42464788
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieq99w-VQ40
>>
use youtube in html5 mode, e.g. with this addon https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/youtube-all-html5/ if you delete cookies regularly.

then you can do »view page source«, »media«, click two times on »type« and »save as« to save a video without any addons.
>>
>>42464922
Also use the following to block Google Syndication, which is used for tracking, collecting stats about you, building up your profile (your searches, sites that you visit, shit that you purchase, and so forth), then delivering targeted ads.

Add this to filter preferences:

||googlesyndication.com^
>>
>>42465069
How do you add this? Sorry, not quite sure myself.
>>
>>42465057
»view page info« instead of »view page source«
>>
>>42465069
Couple this with RequestPolicy add-on. It prevents 3rd party requests from executing on sites that you visit, unless you allow them, thus making 3rd party sites unable to easily track your online movements.

This add-on will require some "training", but once you set it up for your most visited sites, it's more or less smooth sailing from there on out.
>>
>>42465083
It goes under AdBlock > Filter Preferences > Custom Filters > Add Filter

Then just paste it there, and you're good.
>>
>>42464732
Don't forget to refresh those lists once in a while. They are updated from time to time, so keep on top of it.
>>
>>42464578
Aww shit! Thanks breh!
>>
If you haven't already, under Preferences -> Privacy put a checkmark next to "Tell websites that I do not want to be tracked". This is a pretty weak solution, since many sites would simply ignore it, but it's better to have it checked, than not. Just a heads-up.
>>
>>42464622
>webmail
Why would you subject yourself to such suffering?
>>
>>42465646
It does absolutely nothing, there were articles about it recently.
>>
Go to about:config and set the following to FALSE. This will prevent websites from knowing what text you have selected and/or copied from their website. Some websites can be configured to even log what you've input into their text boxes before you even submit it.

dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled

Set it to FALSE.
>>
>>42465673
Link, please.
>>
>>42465799
Not him, but it's pretty much just asking them to not to track you, there is nothing to enforce it.
>>
Wish there was a way to block "Recommended for you" on Youtube. I could give a shit about TheFagBros and their stupid reaction videos. But just Jewtube celebs in general.
>>
>>42465673
It doesn't do absolutely nothing and some sites do change their behavior based on the DNT variable, but most advertising companies have no respect for you and see you as the product, so they ignore it.
>>
>>42465783
Just to ad, there is another thing in about:config which is worrisome: dom.storage.enabled

This is very similar to cookies, whereby a website can store info on your computer, even if you have your cookies disabled.
Unfortunately, setting it to FALSE will stop JewCaptchas from showing on 4chins. I would think that that next best solution is limiting how many kilobytes a website is allowed to store.

Look for: dom.storage.default_quota
I have it set to "1", as in 1kb, and it seems to be working fine for Captchas.
>>
You can use Fanboy's Ultimate list for pretty much all the adblock things listed in this thread and Youtube Center for everything Youtube related that was posted. NoScript and Request Policy are also helpful, they can be annoying at first, it only takes a few seconds to set them up for a site.
>>
>>42465925
Disabling cookies on jewtube may do just this.
>>
If you haven't already, then prevent your geographical location info from being sent out to websites. In about:config look for: geo.enabled
Set this fucker to False.
>>
>>42465668
I have to use it for work... :(
>>
>>42464965
I don't see any annotations so I assume it's working. But the filter preferences says the hits stay at 0.

Also, holy shit Maddox is still alive? I remember reading his rants as a kid.
>>
>>42465996
Is it logical to run NoScript and RequestPolicy at the same time? I heard they are pretty much for the same purpose.
>>
>>42465956
>>42466049
>>42465783

Thanks for advice man.
>>
>>42466095
>as a kid
Oh god I'm old
>>
>>42466113
They fulfil different purposes and i run them both at once.

More explanation.
https://web.archive.org/web/20130126200840/https://www.requestpolicy.com/faq.html#faq-noscript

(It's an archive link since the website doesn't seem to be working for me right now)
>>
>>42464803
For added security, check about:config for the following, and edit their value is needed.

>network.cookie.cookieBehavior
Values:
1 - all cookies allowed (negro, please)
2 - cookies from original server allowed (much more reasonable)
3 - no cookies allowed (use this one at your own discretion, as it may fuck up some of your shit)

>network.cookie.lifetimePolicy
Deals with how long cookies stay on your computer
Values:
0 - website determines when cookies will expire (hahaha... suuuure, Hebrew)
1 - user is prompted for how long to keep a cookie (meh)
2 - Cookies expire once browser is closed (bretty gud, and probably the best option)
3 - days are specified by user under "network.cookie.lifetime.days" - you might as well set that to "0"

Or, use shit like Cookie Monster to easily manage your cookies.
>>
File: Capture.png (832KB, 1917x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
832KB, 1917x1056px
>>
Piwik statistics tracking respect Do Not Track.
>>
>>42466113
One stops scripts from running on the website itself, and another stops 3rd party (tracking) requests from botnets like facebook, amazon and google.

I'd use both for maximum effect. It will suck for the first few days, since you will be whitelisting a lot of shit, but it'll be fine afterwards.
>>
>>42466258

Self-Destructing Cookies is the only cookie management tool you need.
>>
>>42466340
+ BetterPrivacy
>>
>>42466360
Only if you have Flash installed.
>>
File: fgm.gif (185KB, 888x960px) Image search: [Google]
fgm.gif
185KB, 888x960px
I block all adds and banners on 4chan.
Fuck the police!
>>
>>42466380
Most people do.
>>
>>42466340
How do you USE it? Does it not have a graphical manager for live cookie editing/ managing? Because all I could do was find the "Preferences" section in Add-Ons...
>>
>>42466442
Put the toolbar icon somewhere and select on each website what you want to do with cookies. By default it deletes them after you close the tab.
>>
File: https-everywhere.png (58KB, 388x384px) Image search: [Google]
https-everywhere.png
58KB, 388x384px
Even though it's not a very strong add-on, simply because many, many websites don't bother with having https://, HTTPS-Everywhere is still a must-have.

Get it here: https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere
>>
>>42466442
It's very much like Adblock - it has an interactive icon that you can use.
>>
>>42466470
Speaking of. Could someone better at making rules than me submit one for danbooru? It's had HTTPS for months now but it's still not in the development version of the addon.
>>
File: 1402188258170.png (2KB, 203x212px) Image search: [Google]
1402188258170.png
2KB, 203x212px
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/select-tabs-to-restore/

A better session manager. Mozilla fucked it over after Firefox 29 though.

Hard Refresh
Save Image to Folder
Search Image (by Google)
Vertical Tabs
>>
>>42464578
I block annotations through YouTube Center which is a pretty cool userscript or addon.
>>
>>42464725
You can disable sending a header altogether through about:config:

network.http.sendRefererHeader
Set it to "0"

Or use the RefControl add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/refcontrol/
>>
>>42466497
I assumed that's what would happen, though I am not greeted with an icon, I've checked everywhere....?
>>
>>42466569
Go to customize and see if you can find one to place somewhere. Maybe it wasn't placed on a toolbar of yours for some reason.
>>
>FF

The abbreviation is Fx.
>>
I want to love firefox but it crashes like 10 times a day.
>>
>>42466394
Reported to moot.
Enjoy your ban, fatty!
>>
>>42466602
i have this same problem. im using version 28 though
>>
>>42466602
You could try using a fresh profile, it's likely a addon that's causing the problem. There's a way to start from a new profile but keep your bookmarks, but I don't know how in australis.
>>
>>42466698
about:support
reset firefox
>>
>>42466602
Start it a "safe mode", and see if it still crashes often. If not, then the problem is one of your configs/add-ons.
>>
browser.newtab.url -> about:blank

changes away from that stupid fucking tab that shows all the boxes with your history
>>
>>42466778
That's very neat.
I appreciate it.
Aww yiss.
>>
>>42466778
Or just
browser.newtabpage.enabled
false
>>
Add-ons: Adblock Plus, BetterPrivacy, Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus, HTTPS-Everywhere, NoScript, RefControl, RequestPolicy

Go into Adblock Plus' filter preferences and uncheck "Allow some non-intrusive advertising"

Use EasyList/EasyPrivacy + Fanboy's Social Blockng List + Malware Domains + Adblock Warning Removal List for Adblock subscriptions.

DuckDuckGo as your search engine

Within "Privacy", set custom settings for history: Uncheck "Accept cookies from sites" and only set exceptions for sites you use.

Uncheck "Block reported attack sites" and "Block reported web forgeries" because they phone Google every time to check the sites you go to against a blacklist.
>>
>>42466863
>DuckDuckGo as your search engine

no
>>
>>42466530
Hard Refresh? LOL?
Just use CTRL+F5 bro.
>>
>>42466863
if you have all those filters FF is gonna use like a gig of RAM while doing nothing
>>
>>42466887
2edgy5me
>>
>>42466863
>Uncheck "Block reported attack sites" and "Block reported web forgeries" because they phone Google every time to check the sites you go to against a blacklist.

I did not know this. Good info. Thank you. So every site that you go to is verified with Google when you have those checked? If I go to Wikipedia, a contact is made with Google to make sure it's non an attack site?
>>
>>42464578
>How have you improved FF?
I downloaded Chrome.
>>
>>42466913
Are you poor or something bro?
>>
>>42466914

>edgy
>being this ignorant

go back to /v/
>>
>>42466897

For me it's quicker to use a context menu item
>>
>>42466863
>>42466917
that's not how it works, at least on firefox.
it downloads the whole list, checks locally, and doesn't send any of your browsing info when updating. google doesn't get shit from you.
>>
>>42466863

Perfect case of blind leading the blind.
>>
>>42466917
Yes, this is true. Use Wireshark to double-check if you don't believe me.
>>
>>42466940
I'm a RAM jew, i have 8gb but I want programs to use the smallest amount possible.
>>
Is there a way to add a custom list to Adblock Edge on Android?
>>
>>42466586
When I said I checked everything, I meant it. Of course I checked customize. Shit, it just isn't anywhere.
>>
>>42465130
Also if you get requestpolicy sync and have a firefox sync account you can sync your requestpolicy rules across multiple browsers
>>
>>42466939
Google - joined PRISM on January 14th, 2009. NSA has unrestricted access to their servers at any time, in addition to collecting your information constantly.

You dun goof'd, sonny.
>>
>>42466946
I believe this is true, on Windows 7 Firefox has a folder for this in:
%localappdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*yourfirefoxprofile*\safebrowsing
>>
BetterPrivacy plus Adblock w/ Fanboy's Social List is bretty fuggin' gud
>>
File: Capture.jpg (185KB, 1568x844px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
185KB, 1568x844px
>>
>>42466863

Just use AdBlock Edge.
>>
does anyone have a script able to bring the little bookmark star back to the firefox address bar? the new one is fuckton hueg and I don't like that table icon next to it.
>>
>>42466340
For a while this add-on had ended. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/self-destructing-cookies/reviews/597744/
Approach with caution.
>>
>>42467080
Do you have any evidence that Adblock Edge is not compromised? Do you have any evidence it's any better?
>>
>>42466261
Using Lastpass and not Keefox/keepass
>>
>>42467116
KeePassX is much safer.
>>
Always taking suggestions/improvements:
ABE
HTTPS-Everywhere.
Request Policy
Self-Destructing Cookies
>>
>>42467148
What's the difference between KeePass and KeePassX? I've never used a password manager but I am considering trying one.
>>
>>42467066
Holy shit!
Does it take 10 minutes for your firefox to start up?
>>
>>42467175
see
>>42466863
>>
>>42467082
Classic Theme Restorer might: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/
>>
>>42467205
Oh, and KeeFox too. How do they all differ from each other?
>>
>>42467205
They're essentially the same, but KeePassX is an available package on Debian.
>>
>>42467209
2 to 3 secs aprox.
>>
>>42466261
Does Disconnect really work?
>>
>>42467229
Keefox is just a FF extension to allow for auto input of passwords into forms in FF using the data from your password database (also saves pws to the database when entering them, in browser pw generator, etc)

>>42467148
According to the changelog on their site they haven't released a version update since 2010, which is concerning.
>>
Preferences > Advanced > Network > Override Automatic Cache Management, then set the value to 0.
If I understand this correctly, this is mostly for when you want to use something in an "offline" mode. If you never do this, then disallow storage.
>>
>>42466380
How does better privacy work for Adobe AIR? Whenever I run Rosetta Stone, air puts something (it looks like settings .sol extension) in the same folder where flash would. Would I still need better privacy, even though I don't have flash instead, even though I have AIR?
>>
>>42467348
lolwut?
>>https://www.keepassx.org/news/2014/04/433
>>
>>42466564
How does referrer headers work within a website? Is it used to tell the server that I came from an internal page rather than jumping straight into the middle? I would like to know so I won't get locked out of a banking website.
>>
When reinstalling or moving computers, I have always just copied over my entire profile.

should I use Sync instead?
>>
Is there any way to use the download window add-on in private browsing mode?
>>
>>42467446

Only if you use Firefox on multiple platforms
>>
>>42467467
I do not.

so just stick to copyin my profile?
>>
I got a firefox question. I just installed linux mint and got my firefox the same as on windows. But it's slow as fuck and whenever I load a new tab it just lags. I don't know what it is but I've done all the basic about:config stuff you can see on google. It's not my addons or anything else. What would it be? Is there something on mint that messes with firefox files?
>>
>>42467473
Yes, just stick to that.
>>
>>42467473

Yeah. It's faster than waiting to download it.
>>
>>42467429
It lists your IP, the system that you are using, your browser, and your location, among other things. This allows the site to adjust to your setup, but honestly, it's basically intrusive tracking.

RefControl allows putting a limitation on what you want to share, if anything, and I think it also allows "spoofing", as in sending made-up info.

I block Header sending altogether, and my online banking works just fine.
>>
guys, im in the process of deleting my gmail account, am i doing the right thing? even if i encrypt most of my email
>>
Are there any working addons for better url bar? I used InstaFox but it's broken in Nightly.
>>
>>42467481
I am on Cinnamon, and use Firefox 29. It works just fine. Start yours in Safe Mode, and see if it runs smoother.
>>
>>42466946
This guy is correct. Ignore >>42466863
About the blacklist download from google. Yes you have to request google servers for a do not go there guide for the web. But it really is a helpful tool and this is coming from someone who doesn't use google services beyond YouTube.

As for the filter list provided. Just download fanboy's ultimate list and malware domains. I am 90 % sure that annoyances and social stuff is included in that list.
>>
File: deletedgoogle.png (7KB, 184x160px) Image search: [Google]
deletedgoogle.png
7KB, 184x160px
>>42467532
>am i doing the right thing?
Of course. By using Gmail, you encourage others to use it.
>>
>>42467532
It's really up to you. If you have no use for it or feel like there's something wrong with it, then delete it.
>>
>>42467546
I'm using firefox 30. I did that and it worked but I need my rice. I don't understand the problem though because I had all the same shit on windows but since I changed its slow.
>>
>>42467532
Absolutely. Google has been a part of PRISM for 5+ years. They actually admit to sifting through your mail for keywords to improve their advertising. I wouldn't trust a company like that. Everything you have ever sent or received, encrypted or not, is forever stored on NSA servers because of their close relationship with Google.

Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>42467391
I don't know anything about AIR I'm afraid.
>>
>>42467542
What do you mean by "better URL bar"?

Something like "Keyword.URL Hack"?
>>
I'm trying to switch back to Firefox after years of using Chrome.

Why does FF hate @font-face and how do I fix it?

And is there any way to improve the font rendering?
>>
>>42467340
Yes. Do a comparison test between it and an Adblock. Test out kissanime.com. Whenever I go there to watch detective Conan. If I don't turn off the advertising button for disconnect in addition to turning off Adblock, the site gets pissy with me. Which means that disconnect does indeed work. This behavior is similar to other websites but this is the most obvious one.
Yes I will continue to use the website because they are the only site that I have found that supports mp4 or HTML5 videos. They also have mobile versions of their videos which look great and load fast.
>>
>>42467546
is there a way to install firefox without it doing with mint? I feel like the settings from the original firefox that comes with mint came over to my fresh install. I mean I am pretty new at this stuff so that might be totally wrong but. Idk
>>
>>42467524
>>42467624
Thanks for helping guys. I'll edit have zero referrer headers and test out some websites and how they react.
As for better privacy I'll just leave it in. Makes for a convenient way to clear out the macromedia folder if anything get in there.
>>
>>42467668
But why are you using 2 addons that do the same thing?
>>
Is there a way to have a list of JewTube subscriptions without having a Google account?
>>
>>42467761
Because there are somethings that aren't covered by one. I have the ram to supply and Nightly never crashes. Besides why am I using either when I have a hosts file to begin with.
>>
>>42464578
I disliked the latest update so much I swapped to pale moon.

One fundamental add on for me for both though is fire gestures. Particularly helpful if on a laptop.
>>
>>42467653
For Windows, to improve font rendering you can try Anti-Aliasing Tuner add-on.
Another option is to install gdipp, it will change font rendering system-wide, but won't work together with Anti-Aliasing Tuner. You will also have to go to about:config and toggle gfx.direct2d.disabled to true, and layers.prefer-d3d9 to true, then restart Firefox.
I personally prefer gdipp, much more readable and pleasant to the eye.
>>
>>42467668
I just went to kissanime with only ABP using Fanboy's Merged Ultimate List + Anti-Facebook and the site is not complaining at me. I also don't see any ads.
>>
>>42467765
Bookmarks.
>>
File: welp.png (19KB, 1366x812px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
19KB, 1366x812px
>>42467653
Here.

This is how it looks in Firefox.
>>
>>42467866
Are you using NoScript?
>>
>>42466470
The only bad thing about it is that it significantly slows down page loading, but I'm willing to overlook that.
>>
>>42464578
I improved Firefox by uninstalling and installing Pale Moon. Not for the SSE rice, but for the lack of australis crap.
>>
>>42467859
It may have changed recently but from January to May it kept on bitching at me to turn off my adblocker. I think I forgot to add that it would only do it when I started to play a video with Adblock on. The video would cut out about less than a minute in and then would bring up this YouTube video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNMbVZvGDiQ
>>
>>42467972
I see. Well I watched a HTML5 video for a few minutes without issue.
>>
>>42467899
I haven't noticed any significant slowdowns with it, but even if it is slower, I still think that it is worth having.
>>
how to completely disable cache?

does firefox caching ruin your ssd over time?
>>
This is a really good thread
>>
>>42464578
By using Uzbl instead.
>>
>>42468009
I misspoke earlier, it's not really that bad but definitely noticeable if you compare with and without.
>>
>>42467886
Yeah, this is probably the culprit?

Unchecked 'Forbid @font-face' but it's still fucked though.
>>
>>42467862
That's not very practical when you have 30+ subscriptions and have to go through them separately to find new videos.
>>
Mozilla is a company, they are obligated to make money. That guy was costing them market share, and therefore money.

We ARE capitalists people, so stop complaining that they took the profitable route
>>
File: Screen_48.png (381KB, 1882x384px) Image search: [Google]
Screen_48.png
381KB, 1882x384px
>>
Alright, I want to maintain my YouTube account and comments, but I don't want to be a part of Googles failed social network.

Problem is, if I try to delete my Google+ it takes my YouTube account with it. What do?
>>
>>42468029
How secure is that anyways?
>>
>>42468070
You don't have to, I just did this a couple days ago. You can unlink your YouTube account from your Google account, then delete your G+ profile.
>>
>>42467989
Well guess they must have changed. Really should go back there so I can finish the last 100 episodes available.

Edit: my nightly browser is being checked by cloudflare servers for ddos protection. F my life. Guess I'll just watch on safari or mobile
>>
>>42468017
Go to about:config, type browser.cache.disk
Toggle everything to false and set everything to 0. This will disable caching to your SSD.
If you have a HDD, you can redirect the cache to be stored on it, right click, select New > String, name it browser.cache.disk.parent_directory and then put the full path where you want the cache to be stored.
If you have a lot of RAM, you can store the cache in it, make sure browser.cache.memory.enable is set to true and set browser.cache.memory.max_entry_size to -1
Restart Firefox after changing any of these.
>>
>>42466530
I'd recommend Tree Style Tabs instead of Vertical Tabs.
>>
>>42468069

cyka
>>
>>42468070
>>42468097
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2657858?hl=en
>>
Best thread I've seen on /g/ in a long long time
>>
>>42467866
>>42468047
Make sure gfx.downloadable_fonts.enabled in about:config is set to true.
>>
Nice thread, bumping for more info
>>
File: 1402517187114.png (68KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1402517187114.png
68KB, 1280x1024px
>>42468127
>_>
>>
SHould I ovveride FF cache at 0?

Using an SSD btw.
>>
>>42468108
Okay my entire house is prevented from going to there because of ddos protection. This is stupid.
>>
>>42468047
And allow scripts from fonts.googleapis.com or whatever it's called.
>>
>>42468053
RSS feeds of their video pages.
>>
>>42468060
>Mozilla is a company, they are obligated to make money

>The Mozilla Foundation is a non-profit organization that exists to support and lead the open source Mozilla project.
>>
>>42468160
Why aren't you getting through the DDOS protection?
>>
File: snapshot5.jpg (214KB, 1009x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot5.jpg
214KB, 1009x1080px
>>
>>42468158
Read
>>42468112
>>
my end of the world set up is:

latest firefox
FxChrome theme
noscript
https everywhere
adblock edge
greasemonkey (for viewtube and 4chanx)
cookie cutter
self destructing cookies
requestpolicy
https startpage for all searching
history set to custom, accept all cookies until close, history clear on close

anything else?
>>
>>42468219
Thanks
>>
>>42466380
FlashBlock: https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/flashblock/
>>
>>42468211
No clue. I've been to the website in a while. So I don't what changes I may have done to deserve this. But all my browsers and both my wifis are blocked. I can't even try and access the website through 4g on my phone.
>>
>general.useragent.override

Add this string in about:config to set a user agent of your own. So you won't be broadcasting your browser and OS to everything you connect to.

I tried having it blank for a day and it worked well on every site I visited, even my bank. The exception was BakaBT which and only presents a blank page if I don't send a user agent, but they are fine with it if my user agent is some gibberish like "asdasdasd".
>>
>>42468296
Pretty much the most worthless addon when click to play exists in Firefox.
>>
>>42468139
It is.

>>42468165
I have.
>>
How to change your browser country:

In your browser go to Tools
Options
Content
Languages: Choose your preferred language for displaying pages
Select a language to add...
Choose the same language, but a different country

http://darktor.com/check.cgi
>>
Is there anyway to improve FF's handling of gif rendering? Everytime I try to load gifs, the browser freezes for few seconds. I tried disabling hardware acceleration, it didn't help. Fucking firefox.
>>
>>42464578
>||youtube.com/annotations_
Many spanks ^^
>>
It's surprising no one has mentioned Location Bar Enhancer. Great little addon but doesn't play nice with some themes, like Simple White for example.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ui-enhancer/
>>
File: 1341951226797.gif (3MB, 320x180px)
1341951226797.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>42468382
As mentioned before, start in safe mode and see if the problem persists. Chances are an addon or config setting are the source of the problem.
>>
>>42466863
adding to that...
Blender (spoof useragent as most common),
Cookie Monster (basically Noscript for cookies)

As for usability,
Config Descriptions,
DownThemAll!,
Image Search Options (sadly doesn't include google by default but lots of options),
InstantFox (set up keywords for custom search from address bar. Even just defaults are really good),
Lazarus (saves form inputs locally so you don't need to retype shit. Ever),
Location Bar Enhancer (breadcrumb style address bar)

Userscripts:
Mouseover Popup Image Viewer (there might be better ones out there, too many to try them all)

btw, is youtube center broken for anyone else on FF 33? HTML5 viewer doesn't work for me.
>>
>>42468211
Well I finally got on to it with my phone. Not using wifi, which could be the problem (got a new box on Tuesday). Weird because it seems like the site was probably the victim of ddos recently and they were scanning all entering traffic to prevent attacks.
>>
Some about:config shit that you may want to check out

>clipboard.autocopy
Set it to "false". It will prevent from auto-copying highlighted text to clipboard, even if you aren't intending on doing so.

>dom.indexedDB.enabled
Set it to "false". Prevents storing website info and tracking.

>media.ogg.enabled
Set it to "false". It not absolutely necessary, as all it does is stop .ogg video files from playing. I keep it at "false", since I don't think I've even seen an .ogg video on websites that I frequent.

>privacy.clearOnShutdown.offlineApps
Set to "true". Probably unnecessary for you, but just in case keep it active, so any offline apps that might have somehow got into your system are cleared when the browser is closed.

>privacy.clearOnShutdown.passwords
Set to "true". Same as above.

>privacy.clearOnShutdown.siteSettings
Set to "true". Same as above.

In fact, just type in "privacy.clearOnShutdown", and go through the whole list. I have everything set to "true".

>webgl.disabled
Disables WebGL.
>>
>>42468467
Blender does nothing if you have obscure and uncommon settings and addons.

https://panopticlick.eff.org/
>>
>>42468501
>Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 4,201,657 tested so far.
HOLY
SHIT
>>
>>42465673
My sites respect it!
>>
>>42468310
Interesting.
I am going to try this out for a day, and see how that works.
>>
http://ip-check.info/

Don't let them shill their backdoored privacy browser but this test gives a good idea of the information a webpage can gather from your browser.
>>
File: to-forum.png (68KB, 534x281px) Image search: [Google]
to-forum.png
68KB, 534x281px
This dialog box appeared nearly one minute after I had closed and quit firefox (30).
>>
>>42468529
Me too. Probably because I'm running Linux
>>
>>42465668
What else would he use?
>>
>>42468599
How do I not get this result.
This is fucking bad
>>
>>42468613
Get a plugin to change your user agent to Win7+IE for a start.
>>
>>42466470
>>42466500
It's complete only with https finder.
>>
Reading through this thread made me realize that all of you are fucking plebs. I thought it would have gotten better, but it gets worse everyday. This all should have been common knowledge. Threads like this are wasted you fucking plebs, every single thread is just helping you faggots catch up. There is no actual discussion going on. I remember this place had more people that knew what they where doing than new posters. I'm done you fags, I hope you all die. Im not even mad.
>>
>>42468529
>>42468599
I'm unique as well and using W7. Don't take the test too seriously because most of the fingerprints they have are very old so you'll stand out with an updated browser. Also if you have javascript enabled it's pretty much impossible to not be unique unless you have the most generic install and set-up of everything.
>>
>>42468501
>Blender does nothing if you have obscure and uncommon settings and addons.
noscript takes care of that
>>
>>42468641
But is there an addon that does what Blender advertises?
>>
>>42468636
Have fun on Reddit then.
>>
>>42468529
>HOLY
>SHIT

panopticlick.eff.org is quite flawed, this is silly. I have cookie off, javascript off, UA spoofing, etags clearing, and yet apparently I'm one in 4.2 millions. If I enabled cookies somehow I become less fingerprintable as per panopticlick... this tool is unreliable for measuring fingerprinting.
>>
>>42468613
noscript, no cookies, blender or set the useragent yourself
>>
File: my_extensions.png (129KB, 1104x716px) Image search: [Google]
my_extensions.png
129KB, 1104x716px
Here are the extensions I use. WOT is pretty useful, (shows a community rating of a website), but sometimes ratings are more influenced by personal beliefs, so it's always good to check on the website to see what people have to say about it.

idk if anyone has said this or not, but you can easily change your useragent in about:config, without having to have an add-on.

just go to http://www.useragentstring.com/pages/useragentstring.php, change it in about:config, and then check on panopticlick to see if it is common enough.
>>
>>42468636
These threads never progress because they attract people that have a starting interest in tweaking their browser (for security and privacy). Everyone else already read it a dozen times, got what they want and are posting in desktop threads or something. Same reason there's always -that guy- that recommends Ghostery and is then surprised it's owned by an ad network even though it's mentioned at least once an hour.
>>
File: pano.png (193KB, 865x913px) Image search: [Google]
pano.png
193KB, 865x913px
>>42468692
spoof better
>>
>>42468440
>safe
What configs do I need to change? Safe mode still had the issue with gif rendering and freezing few secs. As far as I can remember, firefox always had this issue with many different computers that I've owned.
>>
>>42468636
>I'm done you fags
>I hope you all die
>Im not even mad

>experiences an acute discomfort in his anal orifice
>feels the urge to shit on an actually helpful thread
>leaves right after

I kek'd
>>
You all have to realize that panopticon is old. I get my user agents from techblog.willshouse.com. Yes the list is based off of his site, and it's dynamically generated and updated but it at least provides a good look as to what browsers tech-savvy people use when they visit his site.
>>
File: Capture.png (204KB, 1048x836px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
204KB, 1048x836px
>>42468778
I like you
>>
>>42468719
>and then check on panopticlick to see if it is common enough.

If you just keep visiting pantopticlick it won't know it's you again. So if you were unique before and keep visiting it'll just compare your fingerprint to your old fingerprint and conclude that you're less and less unique.
>>
File: git_gud.png (230KB, 993x650px) Image search: [Google]
git_gud.png
230KB, 993x650px
>>42468778
spoof better
>>
Why isn't there an addon that spoofs everything for you?
>>
>>42464860
>For less tech-savvy people
less tech-savvy people wouldn't be in a de-botnet thread
>>
>>42468872
>Cookies enabled
>>
>>42468872
teach me your ways
>>
>>42464937
>It's also summer.
That makes it worse
>>
what's the most common user agent?
>>
>>42468501
>1 in 3.33 browsers have javascript disabled

does anyone actually believe these numbers are accurate and not skewed by tinfoilers clicking this every day?
>>
>>42468788
It's odd that it would just effect .gifs. It's possible that your ISP throttles the 4chan CDN, among others. How does YouTube perform for you?
>>
>>42468778
Yes, there is improvement to be had, will work on it. But re your pic... FF26? FF29 is currently most used, so panopticlick db is outdated. Like I said, flawed.
>>
>>42464578
Thanks op. So awesome
>>
>>42468872
>>42468895
>>42468896
scratch that, I don't want to learn your ways anymore
>>
>>42468908
Its not an ISP issue. Thats for sure. Its not just 4chan gifs. Its gifs across the internet. When I load a new gif in a new tab, it starts loading(first few frames), then the whole browser freezes for few secs, then it loads completely. Once the initial loading is done, there is no issue with gif playback.
>>
>>42468949
I had this once before, I just reset firefox profile and it worked again
>>
>>42468918
>FF29 is currently most used
source?
>>
>>42468949
It seems I'm of no help then. One final effort:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-problems-images-not-show
>>
>>42468981
>source?
link was part of the post but got removed I dont know why. here:

techblog . willshouse . com / 2012 / 01 / 03 / most-common-user-agents
>>
>>42468981

version 30 is the current firefox stable release isn't it?
>>
>>42468310
I just tried this, but it killed one of my online bank's log-in page. I'll have to find a workaround.

Thank you, though!
>>
>>42468949
After some research Adobe Flash Player may be the problem. Either update or disable it and see if that helps. Some have even suggested using the FF Beta too.
>>
>>42469012
that's just the visitors of one obscure tech blog.
>>
File: ss (2014-06-14 at 02.20.57).png (186KB, 1597x899px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-06-14 at 02.20.57).png
186KB, 1597x899px
>>42464578
I don't use many add-ons besides the one or two i always install with firefox. Ad block edge, and tree style tabs. There is no way I'm going back to normal tabs.
>>
>>42469061
Same can be said for panopticlick. FF26 is definitely outdated.
>>
>>42469084
tabs on the left seem stupid since we naturally read from left to right i like having the page layout like so

content l navigation / stupid shit
>>
File: ffext.jpg (2MB, 1381x2161px) Image search: [Google]
ffext.jpg
2MB, 1381x2161px
>>
>>42465668
>tfw bought by bay area company
>tfw could
>tfw 1200 user exchange cluster migrated into gmail
>tfw you resign
>>
>>42469107
Its way better, at least for me for navigating. I usually have loads of tabs open at once and the trees make it so much easier to see quickly and use. If i used a vertical monitor for browsing, I'd totally go back to normal tabs but i can't see myself doing that anytime soon.
>>
File: hansen.png (33KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
hansen.png
33KB, 256x256px
>>42469084
What's in your NSFW folder, buddy?
>>
>>42469146
i see the benefits.

well to make me more interested in it can they be placed on the right side?
>>
File: Kristoff16.jpg (18KB, 248x395px) Image search: [Google]
Kristoff16.jpg
18KB, 248x395px
>>42468069
What, how is searchonymous achieving what it's claiming?
>>
>>42469140
>Ghostery
We've been over this so many times now.
>>
>>42469140
Ghostery is redundant with NoScript and RequestPolicy. Also, it's owned by an ad company.
>>
>>42469171
Could be a placebo. I'm going to look into it.
>>
>>42469140
>cryptocat
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
>>
>>42469186
This.

Remove it, and let's pretend this never happened.
>>
>>42469140
noscript has the same function as your https nowhere/finder/everywhere combo

>adblock edge
>privacybadger
>ghostery
>that redundancy
>>
File: ss (2014-06-14 at 02.29.10).png (28KB, 560x479px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-06-14 at 02.29.10).png
28KB, 560x479px
>>42469168
You can put it on the right side yes, I prefer the left. but this addon is the reason I can't switch back to chrome. the closest thing to this for chrome doesn't let you remove the tab bar, and puts your side tabs in a completely separate window, and to boot they aren't in the tree format. just vertical
>>
>>42469186
>NoScript

Enjoy your broken browsing
>>
>>42468483
>I have everything set to "true"

I just did the same. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>42469227

>being dumb
>2014
>>
>>42468017
Caching on your SSD is useful. SSDs are good at caches.

>>42466980
I've never heard of that before. that's pretty pretty.
>>
>>42469158
Things i don't show people
>>
>>42469240
>tin foil paranoia
>2014
>>
I use Firefox myself but I wonder if anyone could give a good answer to why Firefox has such a hard time stepping up their game against Chrome?
>>
File: plug-ins.png (109KB, 637x767px) Image search: [Google]
plug-ins.png
109KB, 637x767px
I'll get rid of Gmail by the end of this year.
>>
>>42469208
Cryptocat is actually fine now. But I guess it's hard to recover from a bad first impression.
>>
>>42469227
>2014
>allowing malicious scripts

I'd love to scan your OS, and see how fucked up it is.
>>
>>42469256

>noscript is tinfoil
>being dumb
>2013+1
>>
>>42469259
>a good answer to why Firefox has such a hard time stepping up their game against Chrome?
Because Chromefags keep spreading FUD about Firefox.
>>
>>42469259
>stepping up their game against Chrome?
What do you mean by that, exactly?
>>
>>42469259

enjoy your no pre-approved by google addons

[spoiler]o w8[/spoiler]
>>
>>42469227
Security vs effort. It's really not a problem once you set up all the sites you use often. Other sites that have more than 10 scripts to enable to make the site functional I press the back button because fuck them.
>>
>>42469278

>the butthurt
>2367
>>
File: have_a_seat.png (230KB, 648x630px) Image search: [Google]
have_a_seat.png
230KB, 648x630px
>>42469248
>>
File: Firefox.png (55KB, 1065x917px) Image search: [Google]
Firefox.png
55KB, 1065x917px
>>42468778
Here's my version of RiDeag's theme if you want it. I just made it a little thinner.
http://pastebin.com/Zyy9hKW4
>>
>>42469306

>the ignorance
>2012
>>
>>42469259
>trying to stir up browser war shit in a Firefox thread
>>
>>42469307
That are legal
>>
>>42469186
It's just in there as a quick reference for what to blacklist in requestpolicy/noscript when going to new sites because searching domains isn't worth my time. Most of the time it's disabled.
>>
File: 1399661231660.jpg (25KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1399661231660.jpg
25KB, 500x333px
>>42469330
Not in Somalia
>>
File: ram.png (31KB, 406x368px) Image search: [Google]
ram.png
31KB, 406x368px
>>42469242
>Caching on your SSD is useful. SSDs are good at caches.
RAM is even better at caches
>>
>>42468137
I was thinking the same thing. Very few trolls too
>>
>>42464808
>opendns
has anyone seen my sides
>>
File: side.jpg (5KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
side.jpg
5KB, 257x196px
>>42469386
>>
File: 1371981268075.gif (780KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1371981268075.gif
780KB, 256x256px
>>42469317
thanks man, I hate css so I just roll with whatever I find.
>>
>>42466887
I use ddg just for the !bangs alone. They're great.
>>
Can Disconnect.me replace Adblock?
>>
>>42466564
This fucks up some websites which put their static content on an cdn.

I use refcontrol to forge all my referers to the site root.
It also allows exceptions, which can fixes this shitty problems with cdns.
>>
>>42469480
I !yourmom
>>
>>42469480
Did you know Firefox can do the same out of the box? Right click on any search box and select "Add a Keyword for this Search...".
>>
>>42464965
I thought that video was serious and watched it with hate until I read that it was a parody.
>>
>>42467719
Yes, you can uninstall it and then clear out any saved info from you system and reinstall it. You can also download a tar from Mozilla. But it will still remember settings and such unless you delete everything from the last install.
>>
>>42469530
Hah, I had no idea. Cool.
>>
No more botnet /g/uide
>Download tor browser bundle
>chech hash
>open

No more tracking , you can use Google and every botnet you want

>muh speed
>tor slow xD

Okey plebs, use firefox with 3rd party cookies and remove cookies on shut down + better privacy

you will not get more private when not using tor you just have a weird finger print with all crazy addons
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (218KB, 1324x677px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
218KB, 1324x677px
>>42464578

By installing > pic related
>>
Okay so beyond fanboy's ultimate list what other lists should use besides malware domains?

I'm looking through the lists and so far the only extra list I see I should use would be the anti-Facebook one.

I guess my question would be whether or I should use the social or annoyances lists (yes annoyances are listed to be covered in the ultimate one but there may be some things missing).
>>
is there a way to clear history on reboot?
>>
>Adblock

enjoy leaking your filters to website, so they can track you even better

http://www.browserleaks.com/proxy
>>
>>42467668
>does a bunch of shit to config his firefox to tailor the best experience
>streams anime

its like buying fine china for mcdonalds
>>
>>42469827
>yes annoyances are listed to be covered in the ultimate one but there may be some things missing

If it's covered, then it's covered. There is no need for a redundancy. Also, the more lists you have, the more memory Firefox uses, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>42469882
Some people don't want to have gigs have anime they'll only watch once just lying on their hard drives. Besides from what I've seen torrenting detective Conan is hard given the lack of sources and newer episodes. If the stream is available why not use it.
>>
>>42469836
Just don't keep history to begin with. What do you need it for?
>>
>>42469868
using adblock edge
>>
>>42469947
i have it set to clear on browser close, but sometimes I close it without thinking and lose relevant history
>>
>>42469925
Is the social list included as well?
>>
i'll just lay here some userscripts that ease the usage of some things.
userscripts.org seems to be down, you can use the mirror site after finding the scripts number. (mirror site can't search)

checkBoxMate for greasemonkey > lets you check [ ] box choices with one click and dragging.
bypass youtube age verification improved
google cache comeback > cache link under links
mouseover popup image viewer
pandora freemium
the pirate bay cleaner > removes that pop-up
youtube center developer build > customize for your own choices, it's awesome
youtube i'm feeling lucky > i requested it and some guy on userscripts.org made it.
>>
File: sdfsdf.jpg (281KB, 1311x1141px) Image search: [Google]
sdfsdf.jpg
281KB, 1311x1141px
Post your addons and userscripts
>>
>>42469998
oh godly lord!
Thank you very much!
>>
>>42470086
Anti-Adblock Killer...
Shiiiieeeetttttt... when will this end?
>>
File: 2014-06-15_00-38-33.png (2KB, 383x54px) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-15_00-38-33.png
2KB, 383x54px
something disabled the update link and the reply pop-up doesn't work when i click no a post no. what do? my javascript is enabled.
>>
>>42470300
i found it.
dom.storage.enabled in about:config should remain true
>>42469317
how do i use these codes? do i have to compile them into an xpi or something? i have the classic theme restorer addon.
>>
I just wish Youtube had never ended the Feather beta.
It was great, no comments, no bloat, video only, final destination.
>>
>>42470300
See >>42465956
>>
File: asdfasdf.png (192KB, 1004x772px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.png
192KB, 1004x772px
>>42469868
>enjoy leaking your filters to website, so they can track you even better

Except when you block the reporting back to the server.
>>
>>42470349
Add it as a userstyle for the add on Stylish, anon.
And I use it without the classic theme restorer. It's my css alternative.
>>
>>42470652
oh, i didn't know stylish started to be able to edit firefox layout as well. it looks very nice. thank you.
>>
which one does best its job? disconnect or ghostery?

also, does ultimate fanboy's list do the same exact job of the two above mentioned addons?
>>
Can custom themes or addons make browsing faster, if yes, which?
>>
can someone explain me what does actually request policy do?
>>
>>42466340
I love this addon but is there a way to stop it from notifying you whenever it deletes cookies?
>>
>>42471219
Go to preferences in the add ons menu and turn off notifications
>>
Go to about:config
Search for security.dialog_enable_delay
and set it to 0. Now you don't have to wait 10 seconds to install add-ons
>>
>>42471037
It prevents 3rd party websites from loading their content on pages that you visit. Their requests to do so are simply denied. It helps you to avoid being tracked.
>>
>>42466340
i think its a good addon but i stopped using it because it definitely causes a memory leak.
With it firefox hovers over 1 gig and doesnt go down. Without it, it doesnt even hit 1 gig. If you look at the reviews other people have the same problem.
>>
>>42468719
>wot
>While using the Software it sends information about the identifier, the date and time of the request and the host name for each site you visit to WOT servers
>>
File: 4234.png (54KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
4234.png
54KB, 200x200px
>>42471312
>>
Thread is on its way out but hopefully someone can help. I took a lot of advice and suggestions here and so far everything is good except for the fact that on sites where I have to log in, I type in my username and password and it just eats it. I'm not logged in or anything. Anyone know which settings I should change back?
>>
>>42472107
Nevermind figured it out. Cookie issue
>>
>>42468217
>New Moon
wat
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.