THIS CANT BE HAPPENING
Why did the technically superior site fail, /g/?
Will six-core i5 make Ryzen 5 irrelevant?
/mkg/ - Premium ABS Edition
>Where to Buy:
Previous Clack >>61843669
>software only you use
Serious question - do most of you hate macos / osx as an operating system, or just hate that it is apple's?
Pretending Apple doesn't exist, if macos was released tomorrow as a distro, how many people do you think would switch? I guess by its nature it isn't as customizable as things people are using now, but would the stability ot ease of use or whatever balance that out for most people?
If you want help:
>Assemble your parts list
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA)
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?
How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
No i5 unless discounted
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (<$500)
>R3 1300x - Good stop-gap between the 1500x and the 1200, only get a 1400 if you absolutely need multithreading
>R5 1500x - Good but up to 1600 if you can
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; 1600x if you want higher stock clocks
>i7 7700k - Only for 144hz
>R7/Used Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/VM/mixed use; Not for just gaming
Coin miners have driven price up and stock down, waiting to buy a GPU might be wiser
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>GTX 1050(Ti) - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games, RX560 beaten by both
>RX570 - [email protected]~hz maxed, running most maxed older games at 100~Hz
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - [email protected] maxed, [email protected] at lower settings; RX580 better in newer games
>GTX 1070 - [email protected] /[email protected] at high
>GTX 1080 - [email protected] / [email protected] maxed, [email protected] in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p
>GTX 1080Ti - [email protected] and [email protected] maxed/high in many games
>Check your Mobo QVL before buying any RAM
>Ryzen CPUs benefits a lot from high speed RAM
ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
The Ryzen lineup comes with surprisingly good stock coolers. consider using them over any <$30 cooler.
Ctrl+f /guts/ =no results
Needs more /guts/
Off to a dog shit start i see.
Good thing this thread will die in the next two hours
not even gonna bother posting my shit
fuck you. let this thread die for 6 months or so.
Just got myself a Raspberry Pi 3. It's perfectly usable as a Desktop browser.
Why aren't you surfing the net on a Pi /g/? Why are you wasting all those watts on a desktop?
In /csg/, we discuss the cheap shit you see on Gearbest, Taobao, AliExpress, Banggood, eBay and similar sites.
#/csg/ on rizon
>Chink Shit Randomiser
>Chink Shit Wiki
>Gearbest Deals Pastebin Updated Daily
>Chink Shit Infographic
• Xiaomi releases new Smart Toilet Seat and Smart Air Conditioner >>61841001
• Christmas comes early for this anon when he gets five packages at once >>61841134 opens them one by one >>61841331 >>61841408 >>61841463 >>61841674 is disappointed by the KZ ATE-S >>61842187
• Anon gets a cute little agenda >>61842284
• Anon makes a game out of his unboxing >>61842315 >>61842334 >>61842355 >>61842400 >>61842451 >>61842485 >>61842521 anon's dog is interested in his Chinese knives >>61842570
• Anon gets some retro vinyl record styled coasters >>61848224 a cute ladybug toothbrush holder >>61848251 a LED desk lamp >>61848314 a self stirring mug, a chinky watch from GUANQIN >>61850971 and a pair of chinky Comply foam tips >>61848547 an ace of spades bottle opener >>61848759 and more >>61850927 >>61849041 >>61850769 >>61851151 >>61851193 >>61851242
• Today's arrivals for anon >>61848612
• Another anon with his arrivals, include a pair of plush sharks and a Xiaomi Hybrid >>61848923
• Anon posts his 1 year review of the KZ EDR2 >>61850514
• Anon gets the KZ ZS3, a Nitecore tube and some game bits >>61851065
• These pepe sweat pants are a smart buy >>61855603 >>61855666
• Get your Zishans and Walnuts >>61841624
Previous thread >>61840811
Any other audiophiles on /csg/? Looking for recommendations of what to get once I save up enough to get a cheap used turntable. Blew all my savings on a Xiaomi phone but I'm very happy with it so far since its my first smartphone.
Would you buy this if you could afford it?
A E S T H E T I C - Edition
don't want to look up last thread niggers
IRC: #/tpg/ on irc.rizon.net
Other business laptops are also welcome in /tpg/ (e.g. Dell Latitude/Precision, HP EliteBook/ZBook).
>New to /tpg/ or looking for purchasing advice? (hint: use the advice request template, it makes life easier)
>If you're looking for purchase advice, READ THE BUYERS GUIDE FIRST. Then post, stating budget and requirements (e.g. size and performance).
>Don't buy anything OTHER THAN IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad T, X, and W/P SERIES, HP Elitebook (2570p, 8770W, 2170p), and Dell Latitude/Precision (E6430, E6440, E7440) if you want the Real Business Experience™
>Recommended models and mod guide:
>Used ThinkPad buyers guide:
>xsauc buyers guide:
>EPP discount for new ThinkPads (USA & Canada only, usually 15%+ off):
>Helpful links and resources (Wiki, lookup tools and wallpapers):
/g/ completely and utterly BTFO.
CR says that Apple computers have the lowest breakage rate after 2 years of use. Microshit has the highest. Lenovo and their ChinkPads have 110% higher breakage rate.
Moral of the story? Never trust /g/ shills.
Previous thread: >>61831387
Welcome to /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.
*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***
Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.
If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.
Your friendly neighborhood search engine.
$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ help %command%
$ %command% -h
$ %command% --help
Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%
Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux:
>What distro should I choose?
>What are some cool programs?
>What are some cool terminal commands?
>Where can I learn the command line?
>Where can I learn more about Free Software?
>How to break out of the botnet?
/t/'s GNU/Linux Games: >>>/t/769497
/t/'s GNU/Linux Videos: >>>/t/713097
/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection:
http://fglt.nl && https://p.teknik.io/wJ9Zy
I found something called GNOME Tweaks which used to be called Gnome Tweak Tool. For some retarded reason, the Ubuntu GNOME doesn't bundle it with the main distro.
It does let me change font scaling. I still haven't figured out how to reduce window and icon size though.
>tfw post from 8 years ago
who /ready for 57/ here?