Personal/portable music player thread /pmp/
• We now have a general /pmp/ guide maintained by you guys >>61285712
• Converting an iPod video 5G/5.5G to a rockboxed player with an msata SSD and a 3000 mAh battery http://nullvoid.station.moe/Freedom-Hardware/Video5G-Rockbox/
• Third party battery guide
https://www.iflash.xyz/3rd-party-extended-battery-guide/Guide for iPod 6G/7G needs adding/making
• Rockbox 3.14 released, significant battery increase compared to 3.13. The battery increase was from the cpu scaling patches, which has been available on dev builds for a (long) while.
• Reminder to use Rockbox DEV builds when available.
• Use the SonyNWDestTool to remove the volume limiter/warnings on most of the Walkman series
• Please keep taking nice pics of your /pmp/'s so that they can be used as OP pics, examples and excellent contributions made by anons so far >>61234428 >>61249781 >>61249792 sorry if I missed any!
• Anon tries chink players, but they pale in comparison to his Clip+ or is it because you're more used to it? >>61234428
• Anon's Zune HD still survives and has been running it since launch >>61237731 he can't get the software to work properly on W10 >>61238405
• Anon shows off his Sony Walkman Professional WM-D6C >>61238791
• Even though it lacks in gb anon considers his Nano to be comfy >>61240569
• Anon reports in with a 3rdGenNano >>61246441
• Anon struggles to open his ipod >>61259097
• Anon purchased a FiiO X1 because of /pmp/ >>61265125
• Anon uses his rocker to record to cassette >>61267488
• Anon shows off his Sony Walkman NWZX2BLK >>61268200 >>61274959 >>61281317 >>61282615
• Tips on how to open a iPod Classic >>61275319
• Anon dropped his MiniDisc player and its in need of repair >>61285433 >>61286135 >>61289442
• Anon is impressed with the Plenue /pmp/ >>61288350
Previous thread >>61233713
If your media player doesn't have physical controls you're fucking retarded.
anyone else getting "connection not secure" when trying to connect to the NSA website?
>don't mind me, just coping the code from this bsd licensed software so I can use it in my propiotery project
Why is the bad license so cucked?
I love these "hacker" images.
They are funny.
Started messing around with this and I've got to say, it's surprisingly comfy
Of course it is. It's the best database around.
Heard Oracle is good, but it's proprietary so not even worth considering.
SQL server is not bad and has best management interface, but again, proprietary.
SQLite is useful for embedded applications.
MySQL (mariadb) is shit all around.
And anything else has too little marketshare to matter unless you already know it suits your niche best.
Here's my current setup:
The equipment i have is the Hitron CGNM-2250.
It has 4 ports for connections, which are 3 PCs mainly used for gaming, and an unused PS3. I'll be getting a Steam Link in the mail any day, and this will replace the PS3 wired connection.
I also have an external HD connected via USB to the Hitron that stores all our media so it's accessible by the PCs on the network.
There is no special setup. Everything is just plugged in and working.
The "tech guy" at my work seems adamant that i should add a switch to this setup. Other than "it will just work better" he can't seem to tell me why.
Is this true? Can i add a switch? Should i add a switch? If i should, how do i add it to the setup i have?
Where can I download more RAM?
>want to install linux
>usb won't boot
>try another distro
>try 1000 things I read online, read about UEFI/BIOS
>try another 3 distros... nothing
>everytime it hangs during install
>I can't understand, wtf
>try to install from hard drive with unetbootin
>try 3 more methods... nothing
what the fuck is the secret of this distro?
why is it so perfect?
after it worked I was so happy and I cried and said "I will never use another distro again, I promise, because you made me happy I will be forever in your debt"
now on debian9+xfce and VERY comfy
I skipped many steps... I did so many things, tried 100 bios configurations, flashed bios, I can't even name the things I did during these 2 days... tried 10 distros
Debian just worked
I still don't understand why but I worship Debian from now on
>Want to order an x1 carbon .
>For personal reasons I only have 1 opportunity to receive it.
>Literally 50% of the thinkpads lenovo ships come with some defect like a doa trackpad or some shit.
Should I just bite the fucking bullet and buy one of those gay ass mbp and sell the free beats you get for $200?
At least with apple I know that shit will work. Here it seems I have to pray to get a good unit.
Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of aircraft this is and what it's called?
Why is Gab so shit? it's just white people politics at this point. It's patriotic puke. This could be such a cool Twitter alternative if it wasn't over-saturated with politics.
the main group that twitter censors, and therefore the only group motivated to use an unmoderated twitter alternative, is the alt-right. It'll probably stay that way unless twitter starts clamping down on other constituencies too.
PCI card or USB dongle?
Antennas? How big/how many is enough?
Is usb 2.0 fine for normal speeds/favorable for compatibility?
Real question: Why are netgear/linksys such garbage?
>USB is more convenient
But it takes up a USB slot.
>pcie will be more powerful
How much more powerful? Seems like receivers of all types would be limited in how 'powerful' they can be. Sensitive more like (range)? Or just a wider bandwidth if you have a -powerful- router/signal?
What does /g/ think of this?
Personally I am surprised Arch beat out Debian and Mint.
#8 CentOS / RHEL
HELLO COOL DUDES!
MY NAME IS AJIT PAI! I AM A COOL KID AND I AM ALSO REALLY FUNNY! JUST LOOK AT MY FUNNY MUG! ITS FUNNY BECAUSE ITS BIGGER THAN A NORMAL MUG! HAHA! I'M THE CHAIRMAN OF THE FCC AND I ALSO MAKE FUNNY VIDEOS AND TRY TO IGNORE ANY CRITICISM BY MAKING A JOKE OUT OF IT! YOU SHOULD WATCH THEM. IT MIGHT COST YOU SOME MONEY THOUGH AFTER I SHIT ALL OVER YOUR FREEDOM BY ENDING NET NEUTRALITY . IT'S WORTH IT THOUGH CAUSE I AM A COOL GUY AND REALLY FUNNY!
Hey so I'm building a low end pc for streaming and gaming, and I'm looking for a good used gpu for under $250