All elitism aside, is K&R bad?
I find it somewhat tedious.
What color scheme do you use?
Name a better GPU, I'll wait... What, you can't?
Yeah I mainly just love the way it looks. The price for this fuckin thing right now though, christ.
Which OS would you chose for a new PC ?
I need to run programs like Photoshop, ZBrush, SAI, Corel Painter, Premiere etc.
Can I use my trusty Win-7 on a brand new computer? What is it about the Linux meme? Will Win-10 terribly destroy my life and send all my pizza to the CIA?
- it is not proprietary if i stole it (not that i can't afford it, i just don't want to support a spying OS)
- i can use a VM or dualboot for linux
- the most stable and most able operating system there is. yes macfags, better than your shitty golden jail
- tools like git bash are available
- starts ANY program i want unlike mac and linux
- no shitty screen tearing unlike linux
- im not a poorfag, i can afford the strongest rig there is for a desktop PC and run windows 10 on it. gl with your shitty xeons bundled with radeon macfags
- i can easily upgrade that rig every single year and sell the old parts
- support for any kind of hardware unlike mac and linux.
- minimal and practical design of windows 10, suitable for both professionals and casuals. unlike OSx that is designed for homosexuals (nothing against them, i just state the facts) and linux that is designed by autists for autists (again, nothing against autists)
- i can easily disable the annoying parts like the ads and cortana
am i missing anything here? there must be SOMETHING against windows 10.
>Firefox has started selling your personal information to Google
What are some good alternatives?
Does anybody use the only truly frew web-browser out there? What are your experiences? Is LibreJS capable to satisfy your everyday web-surfing needs?
>not running LFS with full disk encryption
>being a distro cuck
I thought you /g/uys were loonix wizard
Hey /g/, just wondering if anyone could tell me how i can watch videos on youtube that are not available in my country? Thanks.
Which one is more /g/ approved? Fedora or Debian?
How come no one's made an e-ink smartphone yet?
Let's talk for a while about SSD wear, shall we?
Did you ever experience ssd failure due to NAND wear? Should anyone be worried in 2017 about losing all data after downloading too much anime?
Also SSD-Z thread.
I have 4 SSDs in different PCs and all of them works perfectly. This is the oldest one, bought in april'13. 3 other is 850 evo 250(D:) and 500GB(different system), and cheap adata(sf550 IIRC) in a laptop.
Came close to it once with a Crucial M4 from 2013, replaced it with an Intel SSD. Apparently I have 150 TB written (on NAND, host writes are a bit lower but why is there such a disparity?) even though I don't even have my page file on it. The hell's going on?
I'm currently deciding on a Samsung QN65Q8CAMFXZA (QLED 65"), or an LG OLED65E7P (OLED 65"), OLED Is $1k more, is it worth it?
How is upscaling?, I have ~15Tb of 1080p encodes, how will they look at UHD resolution? These are played via my laptop via Emby via Roku
The TV isn't for gaming, just Movies & TV.
i'd pick a 1080p OLED over a 4K LCD
OLED has incredible contrast, better than CRTs or Plasma
only downside is OLED is sussceptable to screen burn and wearing out, like CRTs, so keep that in mind (don't display static images for long periods)
I have the 2016 55" 4k LG OLED TV. Cost me $2,300 AUD.
I absolutely love it, no regrets. I can't even take a picture of it, there's so much contrast between light and dark. I'll never go back to LED TVs now.
Burn in on these new OLED TVs isn't a huge issue. I'd still be cautious, but you don't have to baby them.
Why do people get macs/macbooks?
Isn't windows much better?
If you spend the same amount of money on a windows laptop/PC as you would on a macbook, it's much more powerful and has more capabilities.
same reason people buy jewlery.. status.
>be looser with low income and budget laptop
people think you're loose
>be looser with low income and overpriced faggot laptop
people think you're successful (at least for a while until they find out)