I have a 7 year old 500gb HDD. What do you do with old hard drives?
>attach it to new PC as an extra drive
Might end up dying and losing data since it's old
>wipe and sell it
Sensitive data could be recovered
>magnetise it, throw it in the sea
Better safe than sorry
Attach it to new PC, take anything useful (you'd be so surprised what kind of shit you forgot you had and still want to have.)
After that, physically shatter the disk, and into the trash it goes.
the final rape of intel is coming
the first zen+vega apu appeared on aos
tl dr is 5-6 fps less than a 470...
Childhood is idolizing Tesla, adulthood is when you realize Edison was right
Why have you not joined the Libreoffice master race, /g/?
IN HEAVEN THERE IS NO BEER
THAT'S WHY WE DRINK IT OVER HERE
AND WHEN WE'RE ALL GONE FROM HERE
OUR FRIENDS GONNA BE DRINKING ALL THE BEER
What does /g/ use for taking / organizing notes.
Tossing up between TiddlyWiki and Cherry Tree because of simplicity and cross platform.
Did you know the numbers and phrases used in the audio captcha are from phone conversations?
Google literally had access to voice recordings of millions and developed a software to analyze it
So? You're merely verifying their speech-to-text algorithms. They already know what the text is, since how else would they be able to check you passed the captcha?
Ever since google introduced 'okay google', they've been recording everything anyone ever says around their smartphones and in telephone conversations, parsing it to text, and then using it to build advertising profiles on you.
Best place to learn Linux?
I know how to use a distro I want to know about the kernel (how it's written and how it connects software w/hardware) and I want how to understand the kernel
Please help me.
Probably should not delve into Linux as your first exposure bon how kernels work on a low level. Its very complicated after decades of development.
I think there's an O'Reilly book on kernels which should give you a good overview to get started.
>HE LITERALLY FELL FOR THE $300 DYNAMIC DRIVER MEME
Top kek m8, the age of planar magnetic headphones is here.
Win XP: 11%
Win 7: 68%
Win 10: 13%
Because Windows 10 is fucking dogshit. 95% of Winshit 10 users are Pajeets and the other 5% are /v/tards.
Why did Tarantino use a film camera in 2017?!
>Speaking to PC World, Microsoft said that despite pledging Windows 10 feature updates until October 13th 2020, this will now depend on users running relatively modern hardware. In short: if a manufacturer stops supporting your hardware at any point then Microsoft may not longer upgrade your version of Windows 10.
>“Recognizing that a combination of hardware, driver and firmware support is required to have a good Windows 10 experience, we updated our support lifecycle policy to align with the hardware support period for a given device,” Microsoft said in a statement.
>“If a hardware partner stops supporting a given device or one of its key components and stops providing driver updates, firmware updates, or fixes, it may mean that device will not be able to properly run a future Windows 10 feature update.”
Wangblows fags BTFO and on suicide watch
>And the result of a device or component no longer being supported is severe. When updating users will simply receive the message: “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC”.
People have been warning against this for years, I'm surprised it took this long.
>Overclocked Ryzen 3 1300X ($129) beats i7-7700K ($339) in PCMark 10.
IT'S OVER, INTEL IS FUCKING FINISHED!
>have obscure ass samshit phone
>download a rom from a pajeet on xda 5 months ago
>wifi stops working
>cant find original firmware anymore