If shit hit the fan and civilization collapsed, in the decades after the catastrophe, would we see the return of Usenet?
Depends on the nature of the catastrophe. We could fuck ourselves into a lack of digital technology for donkey years if we're not careful. But yes, in more limited circumstances of doom there is room for stuff like Usenet.
Previous thread >>61733645
>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.
>Have a question?
Use >>>/g/ptg as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.
Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.
Python is the best programming language and there's nothing you can do about it
> muh C / Lisp / Haskel / Rust
Python has best of those worlds an none of the drawbacks. Prove me wrong.
>unorganized pseudo-OO crap
>forced indentation because BAWW WE WANNA FORCE PEOPLE TO ORGANIZE and everything breaks because you remove one goddamn whitespace character
>newline as line breaks like fucking BASIC
>ass-backwards coding ideas
"It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to python: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. "
- "How do we tell truths that might hurt?", 2017 edition, originally by Edsger Dijkstra
how can microshit get away with this crap?!
>At least eight Google employees tweeted Friday about a document that was circulated within the company calling for replacing Google's diversity initiatives with policies that encourage "ideological diversity" instead.
>The document's author also wrote that employees with conservative political beliefs are discriminated against at Google and lamented about how "leftist" ideology is harmful. They argue that the company should have a more "open" culture where their viewpoint would be welcomed. The document said that improving racial and gender diversity is less important than making sure conservatives feel comfortable expressing themselves at work.
So while Firefox insists on shoving their left-wing ideologies in your face every time you open a new tab, Google is moving away from forced liberalism. An interesting development in the technological sector, wouldn't you agree, /g/?
Note that this thread is not for discussing capitalism, communism or any other retarded shit that belongs on /pol/. Please remember to report and hide all discussion not pertaining to the topic of Google, its employees or its general directives as a technological company. Do not respond to off-topic posts.
How google is going to survive with people like this?
How does Facebook survive with people like this?
Does Linus listen to /g/?
In Linus threads, everyone always goes on about how people like Techmoan, Lazy Game Reviews ect are far better
This is nothing like LTT has ever done before
Hey, looking for a new Monitor.
Any recommendations? It should be 4k, 27-30", IPS preferably.
Samsung LU32H850UMUXEN looks pretty good, I just feel like 32" is a bit much for my desk.
Sup /g/. Decided to fire up the "blood" machine from the horde I purchased and see what it was.
Turns out it was and Athlon 3400 w/ 1 GB RAM and a Geforce 2 MX 400. I found this a bit odd as the CPU is circa ~2004 but the GPU is circa ~2000.
Also, general /retro/ thread.
GOTTA GO FAST
Google btfo Mozillafags on suicide watch
Is there any point in learning how to use i3wm?
I like to keep the graphical stuff to a minimum, but don't want to get memed.
Any daily users?
Old thread: >>61753436
Welcome to /flt/ - Friendly Linux Thread.
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about Linux and share their experiences.
*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly Linux Thread. Please use other boards to discuss ideology, /g/ is Technology ***
Before asking for help, please check our list of resources[*].
If you would like to try out Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine using VirtualBox or other software made for this purpose for safety reasons.
1) Use the Live ISO to boot directly into the Linux distribution without installing anything, that way, you can get to experience the Linux operating system without installing it.
2) Dual boot the Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS, this is recommended if you want to know more about the Linux operating system.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with Linux.
Your friendly neighborhood search engine (searx, ixquick, duckduckgo, whatever.)
$ man <insert command here>
https://wiki.archlinux.org (Most troubleshoots work on all distros.)
https://wiki.gentoo.org (Please see comment above.)
Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos <something>
>What distro should I choose?
Trying to run Linux on an old computer?
>What are some cool programs?
>What are some cool terminal commands?
>Where can I learn the command line?
Recommend me some good books that would help me really understand Linux. I'm at the point where I could follow the handbook to install gentoo and basically understand what I was doing, but I feel like there's a lot I still don't know properly.
I'd also like to understand the kernel a bit better.
What should I get?
I was under the impression everyone was already doing this
>hire non cis gender XYZ chromosome-asians-hispanic-afroamerican autist employees because "muh political correctness"
>company starts looking like germany inmigration line
>poo in loo start pooing in the code
>mexicans stop coding and start selling tacos
>average asian number 7273 starts speaking chineese with co-workers
>the botnet is only sustained by white males
>tfw you can't even botnet properly because muh privileges
>tfw its not as bad as SJWfox
>some neckbeard thought this thread would be a good idea
Are you ready to be uncucked from the Botnet?
It's okay. Redpilling yourself away from /pol/ isn't easy either
Buy a cheap chinese portable cell phone jammer
Adjust the pots so it covers cell coverage in your area
Carry it in your bag wherever you go and enjoy annoyance-free travel
anyone actually tried this?
Every smartphone sucks. Why can't a company produce smartphones that aren't shit? Here is what I want from smartphone companies.
1. Easy to understand lineup. Motorola kinda had this for a little while. I just want to know if the phone is budget, mid-range, or flagship and which generation it's from. Have a consistent way of marking this. Quit doing dumb shit where "Thingy 6" is somehow a newer version than "Thingy 8". Moto did this well for a while. I can grasp the E-G-X lineup and the generation number. I was even okay with the "Plus" variants. But then they started adding Play and ZForce crap.
2. Stock Android.
3. Removable battery.
4. Carrier unlocked and compatible with both GSM and CMDA.
5. Bootloader unlocked.
6. Guarantee full version upgrades for 2 years and security patches for at least 4 years.
7. Stock img files should be available for download on company website.
8. Work with Lineage OS team to help with porting. I can understand if a company doesn't want to devote longterm resources to supporting it, but extending a hand and helping out initially will make a company look so good in an industry where most companies are hated by consumers.