[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fitlit/ questions thread /lit/ people trying to get more /fit/,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 19-24604-yukio-mishima-2.jpg (16KB, 285x369px) Image search: [Google]
19-24604-yukio-mishima-2.jpg
16KB, 285x369px
/fitlit/ questions thread

/lit/ people trying to get more /fit/, /fit/ people trying to get more /lit/, ask away without fear
>>
File: 1486092746151.jpg (22KB, 294x321px) Image search: [Google]
1486092746151.jpg
22KB, 294x321px
What's /lit/'s opinion on audiobooks?
Thinking of starting with that as an auditory learner; I listen to podcasts often. This a bad habit?
>>
/lit/ here. I'm pretty scrawny. I want to get muscular. My biggest problems are trying to find workout into my schedule, how to even design a schedule, and enjoying working out. I like to run and play sports, but I never enjoyed just mindlessly lifting weights or doing push ups.
>>
>>35013
>I never enjoyed just mindlessly lifting weights or doing push ups
>mindlessly
There's your problem. Working out isn't just a physical experience. If you're doing it right you're connecting to the exercise on a physical, mental, and emotional level. Don't just go through the motions. Visualize your muscles contracting and relaxing. Feel the weight you're working with. Envision your ideal body and every rep as a step towards. During your workout you should be 100% focused on your lifts.
>>
>>35013
the meme answer is to do SS and supplement your diet with a gallon of milk a day, but that's not entirely a meme because it does exactly what you need to get bigger. Getting big is easy, it literally comes down to consistently progressively overloading, and consistently eating enough, theres a few other things that are good ideas, like eating a healthy balanced diet, and getting enough quality sleep, but the important things are to consistently progressively overload, and to eat enough

as long as you do those two things, it doesnt matter what you do, so theres heaps of options to find something that you will enjoy, youll never stick at something that is a chore, so try out some different things, i didnt expect to enjoy lifting as much as i do, but once i found something that i like doing i ended up really enjoying my training, aiming for the next goal, working out how to get there, and then achieving my goal is pretty nice too

i ended up doing olympic weightlifting and i really enjoy it, and i look forward to working out every time, but it took me a few tries to find something that i really enjoy, over the last four years ive gone from a 64kg lanklet to 83kg

TL;DR train like goku and you will get big
>>
>>35004
You do you. I like to listen to audio books at work when I can't actually read physical books. I can think of worse habits.
>>
>>35013
It isn't mindless when you have to train your brain to habitualize the discipline required to leave your humanity behind. You think lifting weights is a mindless task, yet you can't handle the mental roadblocks that are keeping you from going "This is so boring! I can't JUST exercise!"

Answer me this: Is meditation JUST mindlessly sitting on your ass?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.