[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

for lit: i have been trying to read crime and punishment for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: vLEaTgKh.jpg (116KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
vLEaTgKh.jpg
116KB, 1024x819px
for lit: i have been trying to read crime and punishment for the last few months. it's sitting beside me right now. i made it about 200 pages in and then lost all motivation to continue but it's not that i'm uninterested. do you ever find you get into a slump with your reading? how do you get out of it?

for fit: how do i recover from my jerks more steadily? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeHWXwuxUGQ
>>
>>34812
C&P has short enough chapters that you could easily read through one chapter each night before bed and whittle away at it. That's only 5-10 pages per night and it's a comfy way to relax before bed. That's actually how I got through it.
>>
>>34812
>this video is private
hmm

Crime and Punishment is a book that you have to read in small, frequent chunks. Treat it just like doing exercise: you need to read it every day or you'll lose everything you worked for. But read for too long and you'll burn out. I usually like to spend a couple hours reading every night, but I'm an avid reader. Aim for a little under an hour maybe, to wrap up the day. Brew yourself a nice cup of tea and sit by a warm lamp so the light is soft on your eyes. Read until you start to feel a little mentally weary, then finish the paragraph/section/chapter and put a bookmark in it. Repeat.
>>
>>34823
my mistake. linked the wrong video by accident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVEjKzUqE0c

i am an enthusiastic reader as well, i'm actually an english major (inb4 everything). so it's surprising to me how difficult i'm finding this. the only other book i've ever read that's given me this much trouble is hamsun's hunger
>>
>>34812
>do you ever find you get into a slump with your reading?
yeah. I leave the bookmark in but thtow it aside and read something else till I get curious enough again to pick it up again and try it.
Might even have to do this multiple times.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.