[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The lost /lit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: img-19.jpg (215KB, 609x400px) Image search: [Google]
img-19.jpg
215KB, 609x400px
When the boards merged yesterday, I realized how salty and unfriendly can /lit/ actually be (also it reminded me why I don't come to /fit/ regularly).
I felt really comfy on /lit/ but now I feel like the bubble finaly burst. The pseudo-intellectual bubble most of /lit/izens are trapped in. Sure, it's nice for debates, but /fit/izens made me realize how much /lit/ lacks common sense.
It definitely changed my perspective on /lit/ and when I go back it doesn't feel the same anymore. Maybe it's because I'm not a native Engish speaker, I just feel like something clicked when I saw all the hate towards /fit/ that was just snobbishly hiding that /lit/ got completely detached from reality and they hated /fit/ for keeping a positive approach and hard work. I don't know when ironic posting actually became so real on /lit/. I think a lot of irony is lost. This board feels way better. Hope admins keep it.
>>
its just shits and giggles for one fucking day stop taking it so seriously
>>
>>33970
The separate boards have already returned, this is a third, temporary board.
>>
>>33980
>temporary
april fools ended, anon. this board is permanent but its hidden. you can still go here by putting /fitlit/ after 4chan.org
>>
Hi OP. I feel like /fit/ has lost the "we're all gonna make it" mentality we used to have. /fitlit/ was a good amalgamation of ideals. I feel at home here too, brah.
>>
>>33970
The /fitlit/ is the best thing th have happened to /fit/ in years. I hope it stays this way.
Both boards reads a lot anyways.
>>
>>33977
I did , but just felt like I have to make one more serious post/thread
>>33980
Unlucky. Well at least people from here will return to /lit/ and maybe improve it a little.
>>
>>33988
>>33989
Completely agree with both of you.
Anyways, what's your favorite book?
>>
>>33997

The Road by C.McCarthy, High fidelity by N.Hornby, Catcher in The Rye by Salinger were al good. How about you?
>>
>>34010
I didn't get the appeal of The Road, but I liked Catcher in The Rye. I tried to read them both in English, which makes it harder to relate for me, but I got through on Salinger, not so much on The Road, watched the movie later like a complete pleb.
It's not that it's easier to read in my native language, but every word is much richer and evokes more feelings, compared to the english version.
I read Foucalult's Pendulum in english and loved it, one of my favorites. Favorites would be also Nietzsche's Geneology of Morals and Cannery Row (Steinbeck). Also would recommend Somoza's Athenian Murders for getting into philosophy through a crime plot. But Winnie the Pooh is probably my favorite book.
>>
>>33997
Starting Strength. Simply becauae it describes so much about lifting. And its pretty much on point on everything.
Most other books on lifting are very spesific, covers only some parts or are incorrect on a lot of their info. But SS is very broad and explains everything so well.
>>
>>33970

Posted this in another thread, but:

I understand that my knowledge is useless unless I can pass at least some of it on.

At heart, I think a great deal of /lit/ wishes to teach. In the circlejerk of one-upsmanship, that becomes impossible, however. There is no kairos.

With the infusion of /fit/, /lit/ briefly became a kairotic space. Ideas were exchanged between eager, charged participants.

Frankly, I don't think there's any particular synergy between /fit/ and /lit/ -- it could have worked with just about any board that isn't a total cesspool. Heck, maybe even mlp would have sparked some good discussion, and the rest of 4chin would be making even more fun of us.
>>
>>33988
I really, really want to like /fit/ but your culture seems so cancerous. "Bro" "brah" "pl8" etc. It makes me mad because you all sound like idiot gym rats in my mind's voice, although I know that most of you are hard workers and good people
>>
>>34045
I see how it can bother you, but I don't really care about someone's writing style on here. I see it as ironic banterposting. Also I think most of /fit/ that stayed here doesn't fit that stereotype that well.
>>
>>33988
> I feel like /fit/ has lost the "we're all gonna make it" mentality we used to have

The problem is that this motto relates to zyzz, and zyzz was not someone any mature man should idolise.
>>
>>34050
I usually don't care about the writing style either, but I know people in real life who unironically use phrases like "brah" and "dude" and "smash" and they are unsavoury types, so it's hard for me not to imagine that the people writing like that on /fit/ are just like those people I know in real life, even if I know it's not the case
>>
You could deliberately look for controversial threads with poor content. I had a fairly good experience of /fitlit/, with both users equally friendly and open-minded.
>>
>>34045

I can't speak for what other people believe but as far as Im concerned or have ever known the lingo is a satirical mockery of how a lot of people perceive gym goers. It's all bants and in good nature.
>>
I thought yesterday was /comfy/ as fuck - the schadenfreude of watching /pol/ have a shitty day made it all the comfier.
>>
>>34081
/pol/ getting assfucked was absolutely hilarious
>>
>>34045
That's on purpose. We're/they're only pretending to be retarded.
>>34081
>>34082
From what other anons, and my /pol/ack brother, have said, it was significantly better then normal. "/mlp/ shooed away reddit"
>>
>>34081
>>34082
It gets even funnier. All the easily triggered /pol/acks and horsefuckers fucked off to /qa/ and/or leddit to complain about the merge, and the quality of discussion for both boards suddenly shot up about 1000%. More OC was created in one day than I've seen in months. They now want /mlpol/ to be permanent as a hidden board because it's mutually beneficial: the worst of both groups get driven out by each other, and furthermore /mlp/ finally gets a NSFW board that's not /trash/.
>>
>>33984
developer posted in spa yesterday that they'll keep it for a while

back in the day moot used to keep april fools going for like a week
>>
>>34078
I swear to god I used to do it unironically
>>
>>34045
>>34078
>>34094
I meant ironically, now I do it unironically (unbeknownst to me).

Luckily I'm liked so people think I'm being funny.

Lifts - Barstar mode this year
Book - On last chapter of Autobiography of a Yogi

Now I see why Steve Jobs demanded this book handed out at his funeral
>>
>>34081
>>34082
>>34087
>>34089
/pol/ack refugee and lurker here. Yeah the thought of us merging with /mlp/ gave ominous vibes and when we were getting invaded and shitposted by other boards via blitzkrieg it was pretty bad and tiresome, but once the dust settles the miasma turns into a paradise.

There was no shills; none to be seen. Because imagine being a shill whose only purpose on 4chan is to endure the neo-Nazi autistic normie infested shitbag hellhole that is /pol/, and one of those days you wake up to see:
>Is Aryanne redpilled?
>Does /pol/ want to fuck Fluttershy?
>tfw no Applejack Aryan country gf
The sheer and gargantuan degeneracy of the brony movement scared off the Redditors and that is what I remain grateful for.
>>
Reading and Exercising are literally god mode. So many gains to be had. THE BRAINZ GAINZ BOYS.

I welcome the infusion entirely. Please be permanent. I was a /fit/izen but I always found myself arguing with literal retards. I was ALWAYS trying to teach and was never intellectually challenged. Vary rarely I was checked by a nutritionist or doctor or someone who actually knew their shit, but not often. I'm not trying to be snobby; its just the way it was.

Infusing /lit/ into the mix brings an appreciation of intelligence, wisdom, and attention to detail that I was so lacking. Now I'm not perpetually lecturing, I'm learning.
>>
/lit/ thinks they're some kind of philosophy intellectual who reign above others. /fit/ just wants friends.
>>
File: 2g.png (505KB, 566x497px) Image search: [Google]
2g.png
505KB, 566x497px
I lurked /fit/ and /lit/ bc I like both the subjects, but I don't belong on /fit/ and /lit/ seems lame. /fitlit/ was the answer to one of my prayers and, for nearly a full day, I felt happy.
>>
>>34045
Srry brah
>>
>>34143
I do the breathing exercise every morning. Feels good man.
>>
File: 1471598833191.jpg (387KB, 798x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1471598833191.jpg
387KB, 798x1000px
>>34045
All of what is said are just our colloquialisms and kind of a measure of comradery despite how ridiculous they make us sound. We have a culture that may seem cancerous or can come off as idiotic but beneath the thin veneer of "Bro" you'll see that it's pretty much gym pantomime. You can't be someone who dedicates their time and effort to self improvement in the gym chasing an ideal you without dedication to self improvement.

The joking around just makes light of the sweat and effort you put in at the gym. Those days when your muscles are so fatigued you think a little about whether you should stay home or if you should cheat on your diet. That inane culture is the stress reliever of the mental strain it takes to keep yourself honest with your work and with your diet because you and a bunch of others can let go and just relax for an hour or so.

At least that's how I feel about it.
>>
>>34196
Nice, I need to do it more often, every now and then I take a cold shower after doing the breathing exercise, its fucking intense. It spikes my adrenaline and I feel amazing.
>>
>>34218
I just started doing cold showers for about a week now, it's not as cold anymore, and I feel great all the time. Also helped heal some inflammation I was having
>>
>>34226
Hell yeah man, incorporate the Wim Hof breathing exercises before and during if you haven't. It allows me to endure colder, longer periods and I get a really intense tingling sensation.
>>
>>34073
But we're mocking them. Nothing more. I've never used "brah" in real life but I say it all the time on here brah
>>
I never really posted on /lit/ but what about it changed when /fit/izens came in?
This board is fun but what made it truly different than ordinary /lit/?
>>
>>34273
Its a fusion of really the only 2 boards that actually care about bettering themselves meaningfully. There are some other ones but they're too specific in topic. That's my take at least.

Its gainz city.
>>
/fit/ isn't a positive place my man and this is coming from a /fit/izen. It definitely can be but /fit/ is the board people go to to improve their appearance and their confidence but in turn develop massive insecurity and body dismorphia. I sometimes crosspost in /lit/ and feel a sense of relief where I can be on a board where people actually discuss their hobby/passion without relentlessly degrading and bashing each other. The grass is always greener I guess.
>>
>>34045
You'd be surprised how educated a lot of /fit/ is. They sometimes have threads for stem majors to post in that max out in replies. Let's just say there are a shit load of computer scientists and chemical engineers on /fit/. I'd also see a lot of Econ and finance majors too. I would say /fit/ is one of the least NEET boards of 4chan. The meathead lingo is ironic.
>>
>>34143
exactly. /fit/izen reading the Greeks and then diving into Nietzsche is literally the closest to a god one can be
>>
>>34281
I know it isn't. I'm not saying any of the boards is great but I was in the /lit/ bubble until now.
>>
File: 1482192124029.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1482192124029.gif
1MB, 300x225px
/fit/ here, I liked the merge, it was weird at first but later it felt fun, instead of lurking like I usually do on /fit/ I posted, and I had more fun than I usually do whenever posting on /fit/

I don't know what it was but having new people over felt refreshing.
>>
File: 1463570858461.gif (2MB, 245x276px) Image search: [Google]
1463570858461.gif
2MB, 245x276px
>>34280
>>34288
This. Gainz city boys.
>>
>>34145
true lmao most of lit is really cocky
>>
>>34081
/pol/ here, as much as I fucking hate ponies, yesterday was fun for all the butthurt, but seriously we can't let fluttershy get her hands on the nuclear codes
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.