[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is your /litfit/ life? >be me, 28yo, no gf, doing a shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 1490097257360.jpg (348KB, 1335x1992px) Image search: [Google]
1490097257360.jpg
348KB, 1335x1992px
How is your /litfit/ life?
>be me, 28yo, no gf, doing a shitty minwage job ( 7am to 5:30pm ) from mon to fri, 7am-1pm saturday.
>daily, after work, go to library till closure (7pm).
>3-4 days a week go to the gym after library(7:15pm-8:30pm).
> Passing all my spare time lonely at home reading / browsing 4chan

It's an year since i've started this / fitlit / routines and, even if grills have started to flirt and mirrin i feel as miserable as before only able to spill spaghetti socially and without enought time to become well readed.
>>
>>33474
After you've reached your aesthetic and intellectual goals perhaps you should think about expanding your social circle with a new hobby.
>>
people generally just want to be left alone at both the library and gym. if you want a qt gf, fpbp
>>
>>33490
>After you've reached your aesthetic and intellectual goals
Is this possible for a well rounded chitizen?
>>
>>33474

>be me, 23yo, no gf, two minwage jobs.
>run, squash, rockclimb - all x2 a week
>spend too much time on memes.
>I read over 50 books last year, only read 3 this year. I'm in decline.
>>
>>33601
Although, I should add. I'm really fucking happy.
I just wish I could do less memes and more reading and writing. I have a solid circle of friends and acquaintances.

My recommend to OP: Read Epicurus, and go join a writers circle, or volunteer, or some group meet-up to find new people and enjoy their company.

http://www.epicurus.net/en/principal.html
http://www.epicurus.net/en/vatican.html
>>
>20 years old
>no gf, because I'm yet to find a girl worthy of being the mother of my children
>philosophy major, who's most likely going to be a high school teacher
>lift 5 times a week
>read daily: first school stuff and later in the evening whatever I want
>>
>>33474
>22 years old
>recent college graduate
>quitting my graphic design job to move and take an operations management job for a printing company
>no gf, but coincidentally moving to the same city my ex lives in
>running and lifting 5 days a week
>eating extremely healthy, controlling diet
>sleep schedule needs work
>reading an average of a book a week
>trying to finish an audio book a week as well
>looking to join a fencing club when I move
Not bad desu. My new job will cut into my reading time since I'll need to draw and paint more to maintain my creative outlet while I'm working in the management development program for the next 2 years. I need to keep working out in case I see the ex.
>>
>>33630
>Sleep schedule needs work
Can't get it to 6 hours I assume?
>>
>>33648
Yeah I either go out on weekends and totally fuck it up or I just wind up staying up till 3am for no fucking reason. In all other areas of my life I am strictly disciplined, except this one thing that makes me feel like shit several times a week.
>>
>18 years old, pretty much contact-less virgin.
>internship at chemical plant, had a panick attack last time I had to give a presentation fml
>tried to get free psychiatric help but they basically bail out on me every chance they get, so I stopped wasting my time there, no money for proffesional help
>recently joined a local political party but nothing so far
>run 3x a week, 2-5x grappling classes a week
>cleaned up my diet. 1,8m 82kg now, trying to get down to 77kg so almost there
>generally can't read fiction and drop it after like 100-200 pages, other than that I've mostly read self-improvement garbage (such as the obstacle is the way) and a couple hundred pages of introductions to philosophers (Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, Jung) which hasn't helped me at all.
>still live at home

Currently trying to acquire some useful skills and improve my life in general. Older well rounded citizens plz help
>>
>>33474
>male
>23
>alone
>decent career in banking
>coworker friends, little social life
>formerly three times a week to the gym
>roughly two books read per month
>>
>>33678
What exactly do you want to do with your life as a job anyway?
>>
>>33683
Very low level proces engineering. Only got into it because I'm broke as fuck and they guarantee a well-paying job (for my broke as fuck standards, it's like 2.5k a month by the time I'm 19).

I originally wanted to do something related to politics but I've got a gut feeling my parents will be sick of my shit soon and I wouldn't be able to support myself in college.
>>
>>33678
Are you a woman?
>>
>>33700
No, there are no women in proces engineering
>>
>>33678
Go take up workshops where you might find hobbies and people of interest from computer graphics editing to maybe even just learning basic music. If you want an easier way to learn reading fiction, go watch a movie, then read the novelization of said movie. Afterwards, any book would probably be easier to visualize for you.
>>
>>33474
I would consider looking for another job with less hours. If you cannot work less due to circumstances, I feel ya. But I would direct time away from the solo /fitlit/ and towards the social /fitlit/ with a book club or something like that.
>>
>>33752
Or get into spiritual stuff.
>>
>20yo, university student
>spend most of the day working at the uni or in the library on various projects assigned at the uni
>come home in the late afternoon, practice an instrument for an hour
>laid back workout and shitpost
>go for a swim
>read for 30 minutes
>schleep
>socialize on fridays and inbetween work
>>
>>33474
get out of that job - either move to like barcelona and get a job in a bar for a year, or teach urself to code and send 5 resumes every weekend

if you lack 'energy' to do any of that try microdosing lsd or some nootropics - microdosing works really well for me
>>
>>33579
It shouldn't be, but there is a baseline you could reach I guess. Once you hit that baseline, if you are truly a /fitlit/izen, you'll keep going.
>>
>>33799
Why barcelona?
>>
>read 300 books a year
>play football once a week
UUUHHHHHH
>>
Strained my back deadlifting. Pushed a bit too far and my form failed on my last rep. Nothing serious, luckily, but still an annoyance. Pisses me off to no ends though. I should've taken it easier and gone slow, but there's always that "lets see if I can push the limit" -feeling nagging at the back of your head. So now I will miss god knows how many gym days and have to go backwards god knows how many kilos on weights before it's ok to try again. FUCK!
>>
>>33678

STOP reading introductions and secondary materials and start reading the Canon by themselves. Believe you me, you would be much better off to refer back to secondary sources when you can't figure something out rather than getting the material second hand through them
>>
>>34298
I don't think it's worth the pain to read through old, translated classics.
>>
>PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTFFFFFFFPH
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.