[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting strength is amazing. I always wanted to be a t-rex.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Starting strength is amazing. I always wanted to be a t-rex. Thanks for the advice /fit/
>>
>>42900174
Never going to make it
>>
I was really into SS but all I did was hurt myself a few times with the ridiculous squatting and weight progression. My form was fine, but I wasn't ready for the weight... even though I could lift it.

I would have done much better to pick up my dumbells and dick around until I was tired than that stupid ass program. Considering muscle imbalances and whatnot, this seems safer.

Maybe I'm missing something but it doesn't seem worth it.
>>
>>42900365
what are you talking about you sissy fuck
>>
Is Stronglifts any better than SS?
>>
>>42900494
They are very similar. Main difference to is 3x5 in SS vs 5x5 in SL
>>
>>42900476
I'm saying lifting for strength is stupid and pointless for most people
>>
>>42900494
More volume. If you can push 5x5, of course it's better than 5x3. The only difference is SL uses 5x5 barbell rows and SS uses 5x3 cleans.
>>
>>42900365
>My form was fine
>but I wasn't ready for the weight... even though I could lift it.

pick one and only one
>>
>>42900524
Meant 5 sets of 5 is better than 3x5 (3 sets of 5 reps).
>>
>>42900520
>>42900524
Would Stronglfits still make me look like OP's pic? I'm a skinnyfat dude who is just tryna gain some muscle and tone up.
>>
>>42900532
I got hernia from dead lifting.

How is that a form problem? Enlighten me.

Nice routine Mark. No ab work. Get right into dead lifts!
>>
>>42900558
You can't possibly be this stupid
>>
>>42900589
Well I went to a doctor and was informed that my abdominal weren't strong enough for such heavy deadlifts. Makes sense to me. Deadlifting puts huge stress on your core and if your abs can't handle it you get fucked up.

If you're so smart why don't you explain what's incorrect about this?
>>
>>42900623
That's why you start low. I actually had the same problem. Just because you can lift something doesn't mean you can lift it safely.
>>
>>42900623
if your abs aren't strong enough for the lift, you won't be able to lift it with good form.
>>
>>42900628
Mainly because my legs were way stronger than my core.
>>
>>42900628
Yeah now I know. Thanks.

With the SS program you're supposed to lift what you can. If you can lift 3x5 or whatever, then you're supposed to increase weight. WELL that's what I did. I completed the lift and could have done more, then I noticed my stomach.

>>42900637
My form was fine, I didn't hurt my back at all. It was the weak abs that could not contain my fucking guts.
>>
>>42900638
Everyone pops a hernia eventually. I got mine lifting a 25lb box of frozen chicken. Go get it fixed now. Trust me, don't wait, recovery is much shorter now than 10 years later.
>>
>>42900550
worse

if 3x5 squats takes enough out of you to compromise your pressing and other upper body shit, 5x5 squats will annihilate anything you do afterwards once it gets tough
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.