[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tryin to lose weight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: flashbacks.jpg (27KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
flashbacks.jpg
27KB, 600x558px
Been on and off with this whole weight loss thing. I've done simple things; no fast food, no soda, no dessert, ran on the treadmill for a bit, etc. Was never too serious with it though and eventually lost 20lbs in a couple of months (was around 240lbs now I'm at around 217lbs-220lbs).

Friend of mine told me she'd go on a date with me if I lost more weight, me and her hit it off quite well alrdy so why not.

Any advice /fit/? Trying to lose fat here, muscle gain wouldn't hurt either.. or it prbly will. Whats the best diet/exercise for a guy my size looking to lose weight?

Did some google research, thought it would be a good idea to ask some of you guys thought. Help a brotha out.

pic sorta related
>>
Just do what you've been doing.
>>
>>42898795
Stop eating would be a start fatty.
>>
>>42898807
is that enough tho? If I stop eating, but sit on my ass all day would it matter?
>>
>>42898795
Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>42898825
maybe read the sticky and gain a basic understanding of how your body works
>>
>>42898830
>>42898840
oh my bad, literally my 1st time on this board. Just wondering if everyone in this board just follows what the sticky says or has their own routine.
>>
>>42898795
Just eat less. Also, if you cut out soda entirely and just drink water or tea (iced tea is also okay), that's a very easy way to cut weight gain.

>Friend of mine told me she'd go on a date with me if I lost more weight, me and her hit it off quite well alrdy so why not

That's a red flag, stay away. Think about the future. Your metabolism slows, maybe you laps back into a bad habit and gain 5-10 pounds, she'll be cheating on you behind your back.

You want a fervently loyal girlfriend, don't date the girls who tell you to your face "lol, lose some weight fatty and maybe I'll think about it".
>>
>>42899442
thanks for the info

and yea, sounded like a red flag when she first told me. We've been friends for a while, maybe its her way of giving me some motivation
>>
>>42899596
Yea. If you haven't kicked soda entirely yet, it may help to remind you that it's not just weight you need to watch out for, but the acid in soda that eats away at enamel and can cause permanent damage/scarring to your teeth.

>sounded like a red flag when she first told me. We've been friends for a while, maybe its her way of giving me some motivation

I don't want to crush your dreams if she's your friend, but consider how supportive/caring in general she is if you want to get into a relationship. That always carries over.
>>
>>42898795
>She'd go on a date with me if I lost more weight

Hahahahahahahahaha she definitely knows you are a fatass that won't make it, stop pretending you're going to
>>
Grats on your decision to lose weight.

I can't help with your friend, but I'd recommend not making her your sole motivation for getting healthier. It'd suck to relapse after getting down to a nice weight.

Definitely avoid soda and fast food. Be careful of how much you're eating as well; some people don't notice that they're eating more than they need. Keep up the cardio and consider starting lifting. Keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, so if you start lifting, measure progress by appearance as well as weight. Muscle also burns more calories than fat, so that's a positive. Make sure you get plenty of protein if you start lifting.

Never give up.
>>
>>42899652
>>42899822
Rly appreciate it guys, I'll start working on it.
>>
you need to lift weights like 6 days a week and in 1-2 years you'll look a superhero. read the sticky.
>>
i suppose ill ask a bit here myself
ive been on a fairly okay diet, go to the gym a few times a week, but i cant seem to be able to lose the last few pounds. is it possible that theres a wall of sorts after which it gets a lot harder?
currently im 6'1 and 146lbs, trying to lose 10-15 more
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.