[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basketball

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 170px-Basketball.png (43KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Basketball.png
43KB, 170x170px
Alright /fit/, I recently atarted playing basketball for cardio but I want to get better at actually shooting. How often should I practice shooting and if it comes on days I lift should I lift before or after I practice shooting?
>>
Last January, I was in this same position. Some friends told me they would be playing group games every weekend in the summer, so ever couple of days I would go. It was very frustrating because I had a good shot when I was younger, but it was just a basic set shot.

I set a goal of having a true jump shot, elevating and releasing at my highest point on every play. Subsequently, I missed a lot of shots because I was focusing more on my jumping and it was hard to coordinate.

I practiced at least twice a week by myself, just scrambling all over the court and jump shooting. The best way to start is to just hit X amount of shot from within 5 feet, then move a little further out as you can consistently make shots.

It will be tough, but it really paid off in the summer when I was elevating and draining 15 foot jumpers, using my mini skyhook and a fatal fadeaway consistently. My post game is strong, even against guys taller than me.
>>
>>42898748
Thanks anon, but I want to know about the lifting part still
>>
>>42898537
let that ball roll off the tip of your fingers, back spin and better control, good luck.
>>
>>42898772
Well, I had better success playing ball before doing other exercise because of the aforementioned jump shot. It's damn near impossible to jump regularly or do all of the directional changes if your legs are tired. I would assume the same for arms if you're shooting as much as you should be to get good. My conditioning could just be shit.
>>
>>42898811
I asked a ball player friend of mine and he had said before because if your muscles are tired before you lift then the workout won't matter much
>>
>>42898537
Literally every day if you're serious about it. Just go into the gym and shoot. Eventually you'll get into a rhythm and be draining everything.

Lift after shooting so it doesn't mess up your shot.
>>
>>42898537
Shot mechanics on youtube
>>
>>42900313
Not even close to what I asked, anon
>>
>>42898537
I played in high school and just have to say, work on your form first, look up form shooting drills, get that muscle memory down and then maybe try some shoot drills, from mid range and three point.
It starts at the hips, square the hips to the basket, feet parallel, I'm not sure if you have a set shot or a real jump shot, like do you actually jump for your shot or just a little hop, either way bend your knees, and as you go up make it one fluent motion with the snap of your wrist, this is my best advice I can give you as a guy who played with varsity in HS, is get your form correct, into a good quick, flowing motion and then you begin to actually practice the shot
>>
>>42901746
also, shooting sore is actually found to help the shot, its kind of a hinderance and helps the muscle memory, so yes, shoot after you lift
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.