[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>High Fructose Corn Syrup is the probl- ITT: We post and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: fructose.png (14KB, 896x503px) Image search: [Google]
fructose.png
14KB, 896x503px
>High Fructose Corn Syrup is the probl-

ITT: We post and disprove commonly believed fake news
>>
(relating to fitness and health)
>>
>Carbs are bad
>Fat is good in any amount
>Sat fat is not good
>Cholesterol is good bro .
>>
>>42896330
>cheese is good for you
>>
>>42896330
Nice meme. Do you think people have just started eating fruit in the last 50 years?
>>
>You can't get big from calisthenics
>>
>>42896532
he said fake news
>>
>>42896468
I don't even understand what you're implying I'm implying :s

I'm trying to say that the claims of
>HFCS is the problem, it's totally different to normal sugar, all that fructose is the difference making us fat!
are demonstrably false. Look at the glucose:fructose proportions of everything in my graph. The difference between table sugar and HFCS is neglible. And if the higher concentration of fructose is the main factor, then surely pears, papayas, mangoes and apples are even worse than HFCS! (obviously not).
>>
File: 1289541586736.jpg (22KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
1289541586736.jpg
22KB, 248x249px
>>42896330
>cardio is good for you
>>
>ratio of fructose to glucose means anything

It's the amount of dummy. Drinking one can of mountain dew is like eating five small oranges. or three large ones.
>>
>>42896626
That's exactly what I'm saying dummy. It doesn't mean shit. The villification of fructose while ignoring glucose is misleading. It's FAKE NEWS. It doesn't matter if the soda is 100% fructose, 100% glucose, or 50:50. Ultimately it's the same shit.
>>
>>42896580
HFCS isn't the problem as much as 3 of 5 top ingredients in foods (that shouldn't be consumed as much as they are) generally comes to Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and Sugar, meaning over half the product is sugar.
>>
File: 49909R_1.jpg (40KB, 598x797px) Image search: [Google]
49909R_1.jpg
40KB, 598x797px
>>42896676

No dummy, you're the dummy. The point was, nobody actually says that the ratio of glucose to fructose matters. You've knocked down a man of straw.
>>
>>42896736
It's been the biggest mainstream health meme for the past 15 years. Where have you been?
>>
Simple sugar is all the same bad shit if you have too much
>>
>>42896330
I think the real problem is this:

Corn is all GMO now, specifically 'Roundup Resistant'.
They literally DRENCH corn in Roundup just before harvest.
Roundup contain Glyphosate -- known to be very toxic to animal (and human) life.
HFCS is made from corn.
HFCS, whether they bury the evidence or not, has minute amounts of Glyphosate residue in it.
Glyphosate is toxic enough that minute amounts taken in regularly over long periods of time will have seriously bad health consequences.
Then there's the fact that people guzzle HFCS laden sodas all day long.
Obesity is only PART of the problem.
HFCS is nasty and needs to go away.
>>
>>42897134
Jewsanto needs to go away
>>
>>42896330
This is dumb. HFCS does not have all of the soluble and insoluble fiber that many of the foods in that graph contain. Also many nice things that make up their nutrition profile.

This is just a bad comparison overall.
>>
>>42896736
What? One of the most common misconseptions in nutrition is that corn syrup is more unhealthy than table sugar per calorie
>>
>>42897134
glysophate is less toxic than salt
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.