[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

poundstone curls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: poundstone curls.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
poundstone curls.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
> 1x100 bb curls just the bar

does it actually works for bigger arms?
>>
>>42893016
who the fuck cares
>>
>doesnt know about nuclei overload training
when will the lift heavy get big meme die?
>>
>>42893024
chill man

>>42893029
3deep5me
>>
>>42893029
>nuclei overload training
what is it?
>>
>>42893304
>>42893055
its a meme (well apparently not a meme) that ultra high reps with very low weight done to absolute failure are good way to get some size on muscles

what i believe is the case you need both heavy low volume and light weight high volume to hit slow and fast twitch fibers.

For example you do curls\tricep extensions with something like mini band, and go to failure. Apparently some people say its also good for elbow joint health.
>>
>>42893334
>what i believe is the case you need both heavy low volume and light weight high volume to hit slow and fast twitch fibers.
yeah, this sound pretty much like I've been doing following bugenhagens and tsatsoulines tips

I looked into that nuclei overload training, and that team 3d alpha guy has a point

what he describes is pretty much what every big guy here in brazil does: huge amount or reps (like 5 exercises 4x10 for the same group) at puny weights (1pl8 bench, for instance); difference is he acknowledges frequency as very important, awhile brosplits are the rule here

since I was dumb enough to actually fall for the "don't do arm isolations" meme, I think I'll start this 100 reps a day for bis and tris until the end of the year... bad as it's, I think it won't hurt trying...
>>
>>42893304
I'm guessing it's some sort of traning that promotes vascularity in aspecific bodypart while at the same time increasing further size potential in the muscles worked.
Usually done with very high reps and/or short rest times usually done frequently sometimes even everyday, but not all year.
>>
>>42893016
I did it and it worked for a while

It's really difficult though
>>
>>42893016
What that'll do for you is build some real Muscular Endurance, if you did it consistently for several weeks, before moving on to higher loads and fewer reps. The Muscular Endurance gains you'd make would help make the heavier sessions later easier to complete. It also would help toughen up tendons and ligaments and your joints in a low-impact way, giving them time to adapt, which would reduce your chance of injuiry later when you're working with heavier loads.
>>
>>42893615
how does it worked for mass gains?
>>
>>42893541
Don't do it for a year straight amigo, stop after 4-6 weeks and take a week off. Then start up again if you like
>>
>>42895528
there's only 14 or so weeks of this year yet
but I'll take some weeks off in between
>>
>>42896477
Ahhh I misunderstood, I thought you meant for one entire year, not the rest of this year. good luck bb post again if you end up putting on some good size
>>
it works, arms are 16 inchs (15.3cold) after 6 months lifting, 8.5kg DBs just regular curls till failure well over 100 reps
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.