[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people act like the bench press is a true test of strength?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1500186906334.png (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500186906334.png
28KB, 500x500px
Why do people act like the bench press is a true test of strength? There is no situation besides benching where that strength will be useful.
>>
>>42467247
Bench press is one of the key exercises to being aesthetic, and normalfags think aesthetic = strong
>>
>>42467279
Dumbell press specifically
>>
>>42467247
barbell flies is the pinnacle of strength, if you can't perform them with fucking heavy weight you are low T pussy.
>>
>>42467247
it's a true test of upper body pushing strength (involves the chest, triceps, and front delts, the entire pushing complex), and it's the one lift almost everyone trains and understands which means it has the largest talent pool - when you compare bench presses, you are competing against damn near every male in the gym, whereas when you compare squats, you are competing against the handful of people who actually squat

inb4 virgin OHP crew, muh functional strength abloobloo
>>
>>42467247
having a strong chest helps with almost anything you do when you rotate shoulder eg nearly everything you use your arms for. stay retarded.
>>
>>42467315
good point
>>
>>42467247
It's simple really.
It's the upper body movement where you're capable of lifting the most weight through an actual range of motion.
>>
>>42467315
Barbell OHP really is the virgin lift. /big guys/ use dumbbells or machines for their shoulder pressing
>>
File: FACE.jpg (28KB, 390x310px) Image search: [Google]
FACE.jpg
28KB, 390x310px
>>42467434
>machines for their shoulder pressing
>>
>>42467247
I mean you can say that for literally any lift. Moving a perfectly symmetric barbell in a set pattern doesn't correspond to many real life situations.
>>
>>42467526
No, I'm saying having a massive chest doesnt help in real life strength. Most heavy pushing movements test leg strength.
>>
>>42467292
>reddit press
>>
>>42467442
if you take out the need for stabalizer muscles, and the danger of failing a rep, you are able to do heavier weight on a machine, increasing your hypertrophy
>>
>>42467247

It helps a lot when I'm fucking your mom and shes on top
>>
>>42467838
are you a girl?
>>
>>42469004
Heavy pushing takes a lot more leg drive than chest activation
>>
>>42469098
okay but you don't always get to use optimal leg drive "in real life", girl.
>>
really not being able to bench impressively costs nfl linemen millions. apparently it s a good parameter for being able to push other people around along with other tests of explosion with your legs (dashes, jumps etc). combined you get an overall idea if a guy can move other strongmen with force.
>>
>>42467857
>go back to plebbit press, DYEL
>>
>>42469157
have you ever pushed anything heavy in real life?
>>
>>42469004
Probably. They are usually this delusional.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.