[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Routine thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

Guys i don't know if i'm fucking my workout by doing too many sets, please come with tips to how i could improve and such.

Workout A (Monday and wednesday):
DB bench press 4x8
Incline DB bench press 4x8
Cable fly's + dips (SS) 4x8-12/failure

DB OHP 4x8
DB Back flies 4x12
Lateral raises 4x8
Front raises 4x8

Skullcrushers 4x6-8
Tricep extensions 4x-10
Another tricep exercise

Workout B (Tuesday and thursday):
Barbell row 4x8-10
Single arm DB row 4x10
Lat pulldown 4x8-10
Reverse grip pulldown 4x8-10
Sitting cable row 4x10

Preacher curls 4x8
+2 cable exercises

Workout C (only friday)
Didlift 5x5
sqwat 5x8
Leg press 4x8
Leg curl 4x10
+ some other leg machines and shit.

Am i overdoing it? Would it be better to do less exercises? I am making gainz but i'm not sure if i could be making more by doing less.

Am natty.
>>
I've always thought that doing more exercises would result in more gainz but then i thought to myself, why are people doing SS? It's only like 3 exercises per workout.
>>
Would it be better to just do simple compound exercises?
>>
And FYI i'm working out for A E S T H E T I C S.
>>
>>40638523
Help me out senpaitachi
>>
>>40638523
You're fucking up by training each muscle group once a week. As a natty, you should be training each at LEAST 2x to get full benefits.

As far as the program itself, as long as you're eating enough it should be good. Shouldn't have deads + squats on the same day though, you're asking to fuck yourself up
>>
Raise the volume on lateral raises, make it 5x15
Also you can try these for a finisher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb6DpuHA4Gw
they put a nice stress on the forearm.

>>40638748
If he really HAS to do it on the same day, it's usually advised to squat first and then deadlift

All in all, I'd recommend stiff-leg dl after squats for 4x8, switching A and B days and throwing in heavy dls in 5x5 and 5x3 in the beginning of back day.
>>
>>40635365
You do like triple the amount of upperbody work to lower body work...
>>
>>40638748
Dude i am training a two times a week and b two times a week
>>
File: Udklip.png (702KB, 2842x1630px) Image search: [Google]
Udklip.png
702KB, 2842x1630px
>>40638748
>>
>>40638773
Preachers are doing enough for my forearms though.
>>
>>40638813
>doing legs once

Pussy
>>
>>40638900
You're probably right that i should do legs 2x a week, but it's just that my workouts are already 1 1/2 hours long, and i just think that putting in legs too would make them too long for me to enjoy.
>>
How can you keep your routines short if ur doing back bicep and legs on the same day.
>>
SS 3x5 with accessories

Squat
Bench
Power clean
Pull ups
Dips weighted
Hanging leg raises
Ez bar curls

Squat
Ohp
Dead
Pull ups
Dips weighted
Hanging leg raises
Ez bar curls

Do my accessories look ok? Should i add remove or switch anything?
>>
>>40639950
Accessory's are 2x8 btw
>>
>>40639106
Fuck off
>>
>>40638523
Squat
bench
deadlift
>>
Is the reddit beginner PPL any good? I question some of the accessories, but it seems like a decent program. Just looking to change things up from my SS+accessories
>>
>>40638914
>i just think that putting in legs too would make them too long for me to enjoy
At first I thought you meant make your legs too long and I laughed. I pictured some guy with giraffe legs askI got people if they even lifted.
>>
>>40639950
Add in delt work (rear and anterior)
Alternate pull ups and dips instead of doing both the same day
>>
>>40638523
Too much fluff and questionable decisions. Do flat benching with a barbell instead of dumbbells, it's especially important to overhead press with a barbell and not dumbbells. You don't need that many triceps exercises if you do so much pressing, pick one and do 40-50 reps in however many sets with a decent weight. You don't need 3 different row variations, pick 2 at most and limit it to 50-60 reps, you don't need two variations of Lat pull down, pick one. Don't do a 5x5 of deadlift after you're so fatigued in the week, stick to 3x3 if you want decent volume at a decent weight. 5x8 squat is too much, either do 5x5 or 4x6. Hack squats, stiff leg deadlifts, and a glute ham raise/reverse hypers/hyper extensions, depending on what your gym has, should be your only lower body accessories unless you do calves
>>
>>40640509
>Do flat benching with a barbell instead of dumbbells

Why?

>it's especially important to overhead press with a barbell and not dumbbells.

Why?

>5x8 squat is too much

Why?
>>
>>40640435
Does it matter which day i alternate them on? And should i split rear and anterior to different days?
>>
>>40640539
Because barbells also work the stabilizer muscles and there is much more bleed over, you not only work the triceps and chest when you barbell bench but it also recruits your lats, core, shoulders same for pressing overhead with a barbell. 5x8 squat is too much volume to be doing with a decent amount of weight, you're better off being able to increase the weight by 60ish lbs and doing 15/16 less reps, it also leaves you less fatigued for deadlifts and won't murder your central nervous system
>>
>>40640539
If you're this stupid then i suggest you follow an established routine
>>
>>40640636
That same bleed over exists with dumbbells.

Why is weight more important in squat than volume? My legs have grown the best from sets of 10-15
>>
>>40640628
Not really and no, do your delt work as frequently as you can
>>
>>40640647
No it doesn't, you're either using hideous form, you're an idiot, or you're a liar if you think the same bleed over exists. There's a reason barbell exercises are called compound exercises, that's because they work your entire body. Heavy squats are conducive to growth of much more than the legs, if you're not going heavy then you're robbing yourself of gains, but you probably have to long way to go before you're lifting anything that can be considered heavy
>>
>>40640707
Are you really this retreated?
>>
Monday:
9, 7, 5 BB Decline Press (add 10 pounds each set)
9, 7, 5 BB Bench Press (add 10 pounds each set)
4x7 Chest Dips
3x10 Skullcrushers
3x10 Chest Flyes
3x10 Rope Pushdown

Tuesday:
9, 7, 5 Deadlift (add 20 pounds each set)
9, 7, 5 Bent Over Row (add 10 pounds each set)
4x7 Pullups
3x10 Hammer Curls
3x10 Cable Lat Pulldowns
3x10 Cable Reverse Curls

Wednesday:
9, 7, 5 BB Military Press (add 5 pounds each set)
9, 7, 5 BB Incline Press (add 10 pounds each set)
4x7 Arnold Press
3x10 Shoulder Shrugs
3x10 Anterior Raises
3x10 Lateral Raises

Thursday:
9, 7, 5 Squats (add 10 pounds each set)
9, 7, 5 Leg Press (add 20 pounds each set)
4x7 Dumbbell Swings
3x10 Seated Leg Curl
3x10 Hip Adduction
3x10 Hip Abduction

Should I add more volume to my isolation exercises? And should I do my compounds as 9/7/5 or 5x5?
>>
ABCxABC

A Leg day
Highbar squats 5x5
Calf raises 5x5
Power cleans 3x5
Front squats 5x5
Shrugs 5x5
Ab/obl accessory

B Chest/shoulder
Bench 5x5
Tbar row/bent 5x5
lat pull down 4x8
OHP 5x5
Lat raises 5x5
Upright row 5x5
BW dips 5x8

C Back/arms
Deadlift 5x5
SS25B Curls 5x5
Romanian DL 4x8
DB row 5x5
DB hammer,inline,standard 3x8

X Rest/Cardio

What should I add or remove?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488721842549.jpg (97KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488721842549.jpg
97KB, 640x960px
push-
Flat barbell bench 3x5
Overhead press 3x5
Incline barbell bench 3x5
Dumbbell lat raise 3x10
Rope pull-down 3x10
Overhead dumbbell ext 3x10
Shrugs 3x10

Pull
Deadlift 3x5
BB row 3x10
Lat pull down 3x10
Seated row 3x10
Face pulls 3x10
BB curl 4x10
Hammer curl 3x10

Legs.
Squats 4x5
Leg press 3x10
Leg extension 3x10
Hamstring curls 3x10
Calf raises 5x10

P-P-L-P-Pxx

420 rate it gents
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.