[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or is planet fitness the GOAT gym? Free food Lots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (13KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 276x183px
Is it just me or is planet fitness the GOAT gym?

Free food
Lots of machine
Lots of free weights
Smith machine
Cardio
Alarm that stops people slamming weights
Only $10 for an entire month
>>
>>40629304
as a skelly that did PPL and needed to bulk the free food is really nice
>>
>>40629334
Wtf is ppl?
>>
>>40629440
Push Pull Legs
Google it shithead
>>
File: billybob.jpg (36KB, 450x599px) Image search: [Google]
billybob.jpg
36KB, 450x599px
>>40629304

I can see this place having a mere 5% of SJW and as soon as I walk in with my traps and front delts, one of them slams the Lunk Bell before I can even fart.

Otherwise, it's great for beginners. I just wonder how their business model can possibly pay for insurance, a/c, lights, water, etc....

>you got me
>>
Dumbells only to 75lbs, ez curl to 60, no barbells beside smith, no straight pullup bar, every excellent example of worst machine for you there is but most have light stacks, acres of treadmills but maybe four bikes and two step machines, absolutely no outside equip or coaching, shitty in house trainers with no nutrition
>>
>>40629304
>Free food
Only once a month or something and it's unhealthy shit.
>Lots of machine
This is not a positive.
>Lots of free weights
This is false.
>Smith machine
Should never be used for anything other than calf raises
>Cardio
Can be done literally anywhere, any time
>Alarm that stops people slamming weights
This is not a positive.
>Only $10 for an entire month
This is the only good thing about the entire shitty gym.
>>
>>40629645

>implying you can run on treadmill outside

Weather would ruin the machine.
>>
>>40629661
>being scared of rain or snow and not just running outside
Regardless almost any gym has fucking treadmills, this isn't even worth mentioning. They're worthless machines that should only be used for a quick warm up or cooldown before lifting.

Does planet fitness have rowing machines?
>>
>>40629672
Mine does
>>
>>40629683
Then you should do those instead of treadmill any day.
>>
I got a membership here because I use their tanning beds and hydromassage too. I like it, it's my first gym experience since I was a kid and went to the Y. It's quiet, clean, there's instructors around to help me cos god knows I have no clue what to do with myself.

Just a fatty tryin' to get better, man.
>>
>>40629694
Wasn't the guy talking about the treadmills, but this is a good tip thank you. Why is it better than the treadmill, if I can ask?
>>
>>40629645
>he stated the only positive thing is money

so i fail to see why this isnt the best gym
>>
>>40629512
>I just wonder how their business model can possibly pay for insurance, a/c, lights, water, etc....
It's because they attract lots of people who aren't really committed to working out but will join to only use it a few times then never use it again, but they don't cancel their memberships because it's so cheap and they'll keep telling themselves they'll get around to going. It's actually a really clever business model.
>>
>>40629694

>implying I will ever row in real life

The fuck is the matter with you autists? I would rather practise a real skill (running) that I will actually use than some meme rowing.
>>
File: IMG_6341.jpg (140KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6341.jpg
140KB, 600x400px
>>40629683
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ryzAKVslSG4
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tYk2f1EuwV0
>>
>>40629755
Then practice your real skill by really running you dumb fuck.
>>
>>40629708
I imagine your goal is better endurance and burning calories. Rowing machine is 100x better for this than just meme tier long distance running. Long distance running/jogging is for dyels.

Plus if you're fat the rowing machine is way better than slamming your knees on the treadmill.
>>
A cardio row machine
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w2hGNM4l5so
>>
>>40629799
Not the guy you're replying to but coming from someone who's had joint problems in their knees since they were a youngster, running on some days can be unbearably painful. Having the luxury of putting the tread mill to a slight incline really allievates some of the pressure.
>>
>>40629566
This desu
>>
>>40629850
Maybe you should do cardio that isn't running.
>>
File: 1488612953585.gif (2MB, 200x151px) Image search: [Google]
1488612953585.gif
2MB, 200x151px
>>40629304
and 24hrs,

perfect starting gym for all people but especially the insecure and easily intimidated. The free weights go up to 80. More than enough to get a solid base.

Everybody should spend their first year in the gym at planet fitness.

Cheap, friendly...

Gives people no excuse.
>>
my gym is only $14 dollars a month and there's no lunk alarms and a good variety of equipment. Only downside is it has a lot of trashy patrons who don't clean up after themselves
>>
>>40629440
pizza pie lightcardio, recommended by Planet Fitness™ Athletes
>>
>>40629566
>ez curl to 60
you can do wonders with 60lbs for biceps, problem is people cheat on curls more than tiger woods did, 75 dumbells is a real problem here if you want to go heavy, and smith machine is bad, but well, you can stack 3pl8 and try to bench it, not having a pullup rack is a problem too
>>
>>40629304
I Go To Planet Fitness And I Love It.
The showers are always clean, the price can't be beat and we had pizza last Monday.
I feel like I got to shill hard mode for them cuss I need more of this >>40629740 cucks to fall for the pyramid and pay for my body sculpting progress.

I went there on Monday to eat pizza for the first time and the club was filed to the rim plus a bunch of people was signing that day so I know the pizza thing is switch and bait but I could care less, the weak must pay for the progress of the strong
>>
>>40629823
>>40629770

Awesome thank you!
>>
File: IMG_6345.jpg (48KB, 592x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6345.jpg
48KB, 592x444px
>>40631143
Not 24 hours at all locations--even some that seem to advertise 24 hours.
>>
Enjoy fucking your shit up on the smith machines. That motion is very unnatural for most exercises and good way to snap your shit up.

But yeah, totally OP. Best gym around
>>
>>40631355
>you can do wonders with 60lbs for biceps
Yes you can and smash out those 21s, squeeze and trash. Threw that out there because they are only free weight other than dumbbell and are fixed, non olympic. + bench limitations and no preacher.
>>
>>40631973
The one I go is 24/7.
Sometimes I go at 3am when none is around so i can get my shit done fast with out waiting for the twink boys to sit around the machines and talk about how far their ass holes can prolapse.

I sit on the massage chairs and watch the latest ufc replay on direct tv no one in sight to fuck my grub while I browse fit on the free WiFi.

I get up do my set take a shower go back to watch tv.
>>
Been going for a little over a month it's really not that bad though I was staring off into space after a set which happened to be in the same direction of a whale and her ugly friend and she thought I was looking at her butt. I was not.
>>
>>40629823
>Long distance running/jogging is for dyels.

Or you could just turn up the incline and speed.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.