[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hat is /fa/ experiences with propecia/finasteride? what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12

File: henry.jpg (6KB, 207x243px) Image search: [Google]
henry.jpg
6KB, 207x243px
hat is /fa/ experiences with propecia/finasteride?

what's up ma dudes, hairs been falling out for a while now little bit scared to fuck with my hormones just asking for some general experiences with finasteride. Really don't want my dick or my brain to die desu
>>
sorry for /fa/ copy pasta from there but pretty desolate over there
>>
>>40627520
This is /fit/.
But here's the deal.
Currently 25, been losing hair since 22.
Started using Rogaine twice a day, I don't know if it helped honestly, did that for 3 years and still do, but I only do it once a day now, cause it's a huge pain the ass.
Started taking generic Fin since October 2016 and well, nothing's changed. Actually I think I'm losing more hair then before.
My dick is fine, no changes, cum is a little more watery.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>40627539
Also, I use pic related when I go out in public because I'm super insecure about it.
No I will not just shave it off, I've grown up with long hair, it's part of my identity, I don't recognize myself without it.
>>
>>40627545
yeah same man tell me about it, just shaved my head a couple of days ago to see what the alternative might look like, it ain't pretty and i feel naked so i figure finasteride is the next option.
>>
I'm mtf and also 18 when I started, so my case is different and I wasn't really a risk for mpb anyways because gud tier hair genetics. But after about a year My hairline has gone forward at least a couple of centimeters so I'm happy. This is with a testosterone blocker as well though.
if you're under 21 then I'd suggest waiting because DHT is involved in penis growth during puberty, so yeah. Beyond that I don't know the purpose as it doesn't really build muscle afaik and just contributes to body hair and MPB.
Check with your doc but it did nice things for me, in conjunction with an actual straight up t blocker though.

Minoxidil (rogaine) is weird because you HAVE to keep taking it the rest of your life or else you lose that hair that was grown.I wouldn't ever recommend it as a first choice. Only if finasteride/dutasteride doesn't slow or stop things at the minimum, but I got a lot of regrowth.
>>
>>40627594
Are you taking generic fin or propecia?
If it's generic, mind telling me which manufacturer? Thank?
>>
>>40627520
fin is chemical castration.
>>
File: burnman.jpg (162KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
burnman.jpg
162KB, 720x404px
>>40627520
Been taking storebrand Minoxidil for a couple months and noticed good gains, but after a while it isn't as potent. Ordered some pumpkin seed oil (both oil and soft gel pills). I use the oil as part of my regular hair routine and take a serving or two of the pills a day and it's helped a lot. PSO competes for the same receptors as DHT in your scalp so it minimizes the balding effect. I also use castor oil after conditioning/ moisturizing in order to protect my hair and prevent breakage.

I'd say just shave it off though. I'm only fucking around so much because I've been a Marine and in the Army, so this is the first time in my adult life I can grow out my hair and beard and I just want to let it rock for a while before it all falls out. In the Corps I had a five o clock shadow all over my head and face most of the time. If you have a heavy brow and a good build it gives a good "Don't fuck with me vibe". Also hella convenient for getting up in the morning and shit. I even had it worse because after shaving my head down that close I discovered I have those weird skin folds/ ridges and shit on my head. At first everyone is blown away or weirded out by you without hair, but after a couple weeks people get used to your new look. After a while when they see pics of you WITH hair, that shit looks weird to them.

Good luck, Anon.
>>
>>40627609
Generic
MFG Teva, I get it from walgreens. I'm also on cyproterone acetate which block T production, so what little DHT I have gets blocked. I've heard good things about dutasteride because finasteride has a shorter half life than it, I'm not sure of the side effects read up on it, I heard it reduces body hair a bit too if you're looking at that, I know some guys especially body builders wax and such.
>>
>>40627539
Not OP but were you prescribed fina, or are you getting it from peptide sites. If it's not prescribed, chances are it's fake as hell. Fina is expensive as hell.
>>
>>40627645
thanks man unfortunately i don't have dat heavy brow/jaw. i know shaving it is the best option inhibiting a key enzyme involved in both brain function and androgen levels seems crazy too me but i know i'm going to take a huge hit in the looks department once it goes. so i'm in a hard position.
>>
>>40627673
I'm kind of a jaw/chinlet myself. Build up a thick neck and traps to compensate, the rest kind of gets filled in by the imagination of folks that look at you. Everyone always described me as looking hyper masculine and shit, but I only really had broad shoulders and a good chest going for me at the time I was shaving the head. Mastic, mewing, and proper resting oral posture helps as well as losing weight if you're a soft flabby fatty.

If anything grow a beard or maintain the shadow of one. A beard trimmer or clippers with the guard all the way up looks good on me, but I have a good thick black beard, so my 5 o clock shadow is pretty pronounced. I'm guessing you're a white guy, probably blonde or brownish hair so maybe leave it longer if you trim. You have long hair and you're attached to it, so if you weren't already into it before, I'd suggest switching your whole look/ swag to bouncer/ thicc mode. Lift heavy, get big and strong and shave that hair if you don't want to try all the stuff I said in my previous post or it doesn't work out for you. Being big and strong is the best way to compliment/ fix being bald. Go for the son of Odin/ old viking look.
>>
>>40627655
Prescribed.
But it feels fake honestly lol
>>
>>40627735
if i decide against propecia i'll defa give it a red hot crack thanks ma dude
>>
>>40627545
I just ordered the gofyber "free" sample
:^)
>>
File: 1473296942231.jpg (23KB, 506x437px) Image search: [Google]
1473296942231.jpg
23KB, 506x437px
>>40627655
>fina is expensive as hell

I'm on prescribed generic finasteride and it's $35 for a three month supply, and I only take it every other day.
>>
29 years old here and I was seriously losing hair on my crown and front hairline. I tried a combination of a few things and it's actually growing back.

First, I use "Kirkland Minoxidil 5% Extra Strength Hair Regrowth for Men" that you can get from Amazon. I use a double or even quadruple dose most days. Note that if you use a double dose, your scalp will itch and it can get kind of messy.

I also use "Nourish Beauté Vitamins Hair Loss Shampoo" every few days. I scrub it into my hair, wash the rest of my body, and then rinse it out. You can get this from Amazon as well.

I also take a Biotin supplement, was 2,500mcg per day but I upped it to 10,000mcg (overkill). Not sure if this had an effect or not.

My crown has regrown considerably and my hairline is much fuller. Hope this helps you out. I only wish I would have taken before/after. It took about 3 months before I started noticing real results.
>>
>>40630051
Forgot one of the potentially most important parts as well - I successfully went on NoFap for 48 days and felt much more robust. I'm starting back up again as well and hope to go even longer.

I believe this may have had an effect in combination with the products I mentioned. Good luck, anons.
>>
>>40630051
Using more minoxidil than ml a day won't give you any more benefits. It even says that on the box

You're wasting your money by turning a 6 month supply into a 3 or 1.5 month supply
>>
>>40630745
2 ml*
>>
>>40627545
This is pathetic.
>>
File: 1488967587786.jpg (46KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488967587786.jpg
46KB, 1440x900px
been taking fin and applying minox 2x daily and I got pretty sick results in 5 months.
>>
>>40630051
Aye /fit/izen when you have monixidil in is it relatively obvious you have an oil on your head. (assuming its the cream stuff how would you rate it while its applied.)

>Is it the kind you leave in your hair twice a day for a few hours.

>Does it smell funny or anything

>Does it leave a thick pasty texture to your hair

>Do hoes notice it.
>>
>>40630867
I use the foam and its literally unnoticeable within a minute.
>>
>>40627520
My hairline looks like this but I'm not balding

I've had a deep V my entire life.
>>
File: mfw miley.jpg (14KB, 192x222px) Image search: [Google]
mfw miley.jpg
14KB, 192x222px
>>40630960
>My hairline looks like this
>but I'm not balding
>>
>>40630960
It always starts with denial

Then one day you look in the mirror and see how bad it gotten and then it's impossible to deny
>>
>>40630969
>What is a mature hairline

So I've been balding with no thinning of hair for the last 20 years?
>>
>>40630993
What part of "my hair has always looked like this" aren't you guys understanding?

My hair is thick as hell and way past my shoulders. My hairline hasn't moved a centimeter. I'm 33.
>>
>>40627545

This shit is next level haha
>>
File: line.png (353KB, 432x443px) Image search: [Google]
line.png
353KB, 432x443px
I'm 22, it's been pretty gradual and my hair is still thick but I'm officially NW2

anyone in my position have it slow down or stop? I know this is kind of luck of the draw. I wouldn't mind Cavillmode in my late 20's.
>>
>>40630997
Post your hair, champ.
>>
File: disgusted sluts.jpg (260KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted sluts.jpg
260KB, 800x1200px
>>40631013
>being bald
>having long hair
>>
>>40631184
Me 2.5 years ago
>>
File: Screenshot_20170308-140235.png (343KB, 1080x495px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170308-140235.png
343KB, 1080x495px
>>40631340
>>
File: Screenshot_20170308-142405.png (1MB, 1080x1319px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170308-142405.png
1MB, 1080x1319px
>>40631184
Me a few months ago
>>
File: Screenshot_20170308-142908.png (356KB, 564x737px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170308-142908.png
356KB, 564x737px
>>40631349
>>40631369
Me 8 years ago

I mean maybe I'm just NW2 and stuck here forever I dunno. Been like this for as long as I can remember
>>
>>40630997
Mature hairline is a euphemism for the early stages of MPB. (NW 2-3).
>>
>high tier
Ketaconazole
minoxidil
laser therapy

>snake oil tier
"natural cures"

>castration tier
finasteride
>>
File: LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD.jpg (45KB, 506x288px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD.jpg
45KB, 506x288px
>>40631349
>>40631369
>>40631466
You're not as receded as Cavill so thanks for shitting up the thread with your retardation.
>>
>>40627520
Fin fucked me up pretty good tbqh famalam. And it wasn't until after I stopped the drug that all hell broke loose.

>Brain fog
>Blurred vision
>Floaters
>Panic attacks
>Dyskinesia
>Heart palpitations
>Slurred speech
>Testicular atrophy
>Penile shrinkage
>Halted sebum production
>Apocrine glands have ceased responding

All of this whilst having supra-physiological levels of total testosterone.

I wish I was fucking kidding.
>>
I ordered nettle pills, they're supposed to do to DHT what fin does

Also some castor oil

Most likely snake oil but they have other virtues so at least I'll have nicer skin. Not holding my breath on the hair front
>>
>>40631174
you have a good headshape, dont worry widowspeak wont look bad on you
>>
I used to be extremely insecure about my Tom Hiddleston hairline although my dad and brother have the exact same hairline. Then I got alopecia and parts of the back of my head started falling out, now I don't give a fuck about my hairline and just want my hair back. :(
>>
>>40627520
I've been taking fin for six years ans never had a problem. The first few weeks or months you will get a bit of hair loss but since taking it my hair has stopped receding.
What i did was make sure every day for about a month that there was no change in my ability to get an errection and the want so i continued with it.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.